• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOM Thread

Yeah, I've always had DOC in powder form but just wanted to make sure since I only had two blots of DOM (with my friend and I consuming one each).

It ended up being a spectacular trip, and the Miprocin was not necessary.

+04:00 @ 5mg

170lb in prime shape - super fast metabolism - vegetarian diet - from afar & experienced

what a calm and serene substance! i would liken it to pure pure pure mdma type effects for me. though i will report back!

have any of you re-dosed 4 to 5 hours in? if so, did you lower the dose?

Last edited:
Welcome to BL / PD and thanks for the quick description.... I'm very curious to try it but I hardly ever felt like I had an occasion for the kinda long-ish duration even when I wasn't so busy.

Do you have experience with other DOX? I found 25D-NBOMe to be very calm and serene and I really felt like it matched a hell of a lot of DOM descriptions I've read before. I don't care for NBOMe's in general though.

I find DOM to be quite serene at times, but at other times it can be sharp-edged and hectic. I find DOC to be much friendlier... DOM seems to have a neutral character and a nature that can very quickly turn on you. DOM is crisper though. I prefer DOC by a wide margin.

A 7.5mg dose had me in a horribly uncomfortable position for the majority of the trip where I really did feel like if I didn't control my thoughts I could have done some real mental damage. It made me horribly restless and in a state of mental 'pain'. Definitely plan to go back there but with a dose starting at 2.5. Really be careful with this one!

Yeah the few times i did DOM back around 2008-2009 , I could never find a sweet spot for it. All my trips on it were intense whether it was 4mg or 7mg or 9mg. The crazienest of the trips were all equal just about. It is definitely a full ranged psych that doesnt lack anything. The only thing its lacks is the ability to be easy. Very intense stuff here. Beautiful visuals and very stimulating the times i did it.

Took 8mg DOM last Saturday morning (my first time using this stuff). It reminded me somewhat of a ~25mg dose of 2C-E - colorful and clear-headed, but much speedier. I ended up going to the gym and had a great session, felt very confident.

Ahhh DOM I still need to find you. Your the last on the list of the magical half dozen I need!

Woke up and took 10mg this morning. Wow. Is this the gentlest psychedelic out there or what?

It's not always gentle... in general I have more serene trips on DOC than DOM, but DOM is lighter on the body. However on the mind it can be pretty pointy sometimes. For me anyway. Interesting that you have said you find 2C-E to be euphoric and easygoing, as well as DOM, and I find both to be sometimes quite the opposite. Though for me 2C-E is much more intense (though I haven't taken DOM above 12mg and that was with tolerance).

I'd love to try DOM again... I got a gram of it years ago and tripped on it a handful of times and then my ex made me throw away my stash and I lost the vast majority of it. :\

It's not always gentle... in general I have more serene trips on DOC than DOM, but DOM is lighter on the body. However on the mind it can be pretty pointy sometimes. For me anyway.
DOM is the only DOx I've ever tried but IMO it really lives up to its nickname - STP.

Interesting that you have said you find 2C-E to be euphoric and easygoing, as well as DOM, and I find both to be sometimes quite the opposite. Though for me 2C-E is much more intense (though I haven't taken DOM above 12mg and that was with tolerance).
It really surprises me because 2C-E and DOM were the psychedelics I was most afraid of taking.
In doses of 30mg or less, 2C-E for me is a very euphoric sedative with nice visual effects. I always take it with an antihistamine though (normally cyclizine) otherwise it gives me a minor body load.

This is my second experience with DOM. Best phrase I can use to describe this stuff is 'silly speed'. The overall feeling is reminiscent of low-dose oral meth, with powerful 2C-E-like visuals and a very mild mindfuck. There is no hint of any body load whatsoever - it feels gentler than LSD even.
This drug has helped me hit new PBs in the gym (a 440lbs deadlift and a 220lbs bench). It makes me feel super strong and aggressive.

I'd love to try DOM again... I got a gram of it years ago and tripped on it a handful of times and then my ex made me throw away my stash and I lost the vast majority of it. :\
Damn!

Yeah it sucked. :( By the way that is a killer deadlift, I just started deadlifting recently and I can do 195... I guess I could maybe do more but I don't want to hurt myself so I'm working up slowly.

But yeah, DOM has some of the least bodyload of anything I've ever tried, I think only AL-LAD had less for me so far (that one feels absolutely nothing but awesome from the come-up onwards). I found it to be a bit jagged in the mind though sometimes... it can turn quickly. My favorite is DOC. It can have some bodyload on the come-up/early peak but the trip is so nice, like a cross between mescaline and LSD, and the plateau stage feels incredible, one of the best states I can think of, like zen-dex-amphetamine. It feels super euphoric and warm in the body. I've had euphoria better than MDMA on it.

Ahh you people are making me craze DOM more! I've wanted it for so long now! It's almost like a dream within a dream now....

Yeah it sucked. :( By the way that is a killer deadlift, I just started deadlifting recently and I can do 195... I guess I could maybe do more but I don't want to hurt myself so I'm working up slowly.
Thanks man. I only weigh 150 so I was pretty pleased with it. Doing powerlifting on psychedelics is a blast.

Confidence is key here... unless you're recovering from a back injury or something, you shouldn't be afraid to go heavy. Statistically you're more likely to injure yourself bench pressing than deadlifting. As long as you're able to keep your lower back straight when you lift, you have nothing to worry about (upper back rounding is normal and not a problem).
Oh, and always lift raw - you don't need to wear a belt, gloves, straps or anything like that. All you need is a bit of chalk to keep your palms dry (liquid chalk is the best).

But yeah, DOM has some of the least bodyload of anything I've ever tried, I think only AL-LAD had less for me so far (that one feels absolutely nothing but awesome from the come-up onwards). I found it to be a bit jagged in the mind though sometimes... it can turn quickly. My favorite is DOC. It can have some bodyload on the come-up/early peak but the trip is so nice, like a cross between mescaline and LSD, and the plateau stage feels incredible, one of the best states I can think of, like zen-dex-amphetamine. It feels super euphoric and warm in the body. I've had euphoria better than MDMA on it.
I want to try some more DOx - I'm thinking maybe DOC or DOB next.
I need to try AL-LAD as well - it sounds badass. I've heard nothing but good things about that stuff.

Are we talking strength training or psychedelics? ;) Just kidding, I really need to try lifting on psychs soon. Anyway, reports on this stuff are so inconsistent though. Some people seem to absolutely love it and others hate it. I think I'll grab a small amount here soon, but yeah DOC is starting to appeal to me more and more over this. Unfortunately, the smallest amount of that I can obtain is 1 gram so it may be a while before I push that button. Perhaps DOM for long periods of introspection and DOC for lighthearted fun.

Are we talking strength training or psychedelics? ;) Just kidding, I really need to try lifting on psychs soon.
Haha, both dude! If you really want to get familiar with psychedelics you gotta get out and do stuff... fuck monging out on the couch the whole time listening to Pink Floyd and contemplating the meaning of life. Go to the gym, play sports, go cycling... everything becomes more enjoyable.
Take it at home and wait for it to peak before you leave the house so you know you can handle your shit (Trust me: you don't want to be out in public during a psychedelic come up).
DOM is great in the gym. I was getting loads of visuals but it doesn't cause me much in the way of tactile hallucinations, so physically it didn't feel too much different to lifting sober. The aggressive mentality it gave me was just great.
Lifting on LSD is trippy as fuck. The LSD experience is highly sensual - the feeling of your muscles contracting and relaxing while lifting heavy weights is amazing. It's been a while since I last took LSD before the gym but I remember feeling a very powerful mind-muscle connection and having a really good session, although I found it hard to keep count of my reps! LSD is extremely distracting which was actually good in a way because it affected my perception of fatigue.

Anyway, reports on this stuff are so inconsistent though. Some people seem to absolutely love it and others hate it.
I know. I was scared of it at first - the idea of a psychedelic amphetamine just seemed so wrong. I was very pleasantly surprised. People say it's super long-lasting but I've always been able to sleep easy after about 8 hours.
2C-E is another drug that I was scared of initially - it tends to get quite a bad rep. For me it's just a highly euphoric and relaxing sedative-anxiolytic with cool visuals and synesthesia.
2C-E is more euphoric; DOM is smoother and slightly less spacey.

Haha that stuff sounds appealing to me while tripping the problem is all my friends just wanna sit on the couch! I think more of my trips might just be solo going forward.
2C-E has been on my to do list for a while. It definitely seems to be the crown jewel of the 2c-x series of which I've only tried 2cb.
Hopefully our tastes are similar and I enjoy DOM and 2C-E as much as yourself. I would love to uncover the "glory and doom" that phikal speaks of.

Haha that stuff sounds appealing to me while tripping the problem is all my friends just wanna sit on the couch! I think more of my trips might just be solo going forward.
It's definitely worth a try. The creator of LSD used to enjoy riding his bike after taking it.
Tripping with friends is great but sometimes they can hold you back.

2C-E has been on my to do list for a while. It definitely seems to be the crown jewel of the 2c-x series of which I've only tried 2cb.
Hopefully our tastes are similar and I enjoy DOM and 2C-E as much as yourself. I would love to uncover the "glory and doom" that phikal speaks of.
The downside to 2C-E is it does have a very steep dose response curve and it can get pretty manic in high doses. It's not something I like to get totally blitzed on (unlike LSD and DPT where more is always better).
You need to play around with it and find your ideal dose. For me it's 25-30mg. I would also recommend taking an antihistamine at the same time. 2C-E does have a little body load - I don't find it too bad but it's still something I'd rather do without.

I was finally able to acquire DOM, now I just have to find the time to take it. I'm torn between trying a threshold dose as a day enhancer or taking 3-4 mg (leaning towards 3) to start with. I have a decent amount so I'm not worried about running out before getting up to the higher doses.

Honestly, after reading this thread through again I can't say I see myself pushing this above 7-8 mg. I say that despite loving amphetamines and taking them rather often. In the past I have even combined other phenethylamines with my usual dose of lisdexamphetamine to decent success so the speedy mindset is not too intimidating to me at lower doses. It just seems that DOM reveals it's whole character at doses of 7-8 mg and even lower, so it doesn't seem necessary to push higher and risk the side-effects for very little marginal gain.

Trying DOM, regardless of how I end up feeling about it, will surely expedite my search for DOC. Which for some reason I suspect will remind me of AL-LAD which I absolutely adore. Perhaps it's because DOC has a reputation for a remarkable body buzz and mostly lacking in body load. Perhaps that is not a good comparison though, as DOC can probably get heavy much quicker than AL-LAD.

Anyone know what's the cross tolerance like for LSD and DOM?
Reason I'm asking for is I've ordered plenty of both for my summer tripping (and MXE but that's a whole nother biz) and I was wondering how to space the trips out so that tolerance doesn't affect them significantly. First time doing DOM too btw, so hype!