View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DOC Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree DOC seems to .... each time you take it, almost seems to start where the last trip left off. It DOES really tune you into the collective unconscious. When everything around you seems like a fully automated software program, and every person you talk to, it seems like "nobody's home" / robotic, the world around you... the realisation that its like a giant 'software program', where everyone is enlightened and in perfect harmony/flow with the universe and the entire thing... is running to enlighten YOU... its pretty damn enlightening.

I had a ++++ the last time, ... i thought "I" was pretty 'enlightened' compared to most, suddenly it was flipped, "I" was the DESIRE of the entire universe/program to be enlightened.. "IT" is all an illusion set up to teach me how to come merge with the program, learn how to go with the flow like everything else (permanent ego/self death eventually) and purely rely in intuition alone.

:) I could go on and on but basically I reached my own singularity and have a whole new outlook on life. Done with tripping for the most part, at least *that* kind of trip (including LSD). I was in tears after the peak for the entire day, more and more powerful and perfect things shown to me, the positive effects i've had on others, showed me for the whole duration of the comedown how great it feels to give give give, work work work, give in to the 'software program', giving up more of my ego, more and more throughout life, learning to flow....

Wow, I tripped last night on ~3mg...This stuff really is the shit...I hope I'm able to see a lot more of it in the future.

Is this stuff growing in popularity at all?

I sure hope it's peaked, for the sake of its continued legality and availability. It seems to be quite popular already. And I think this very thread has done a lot towards making it more widely available, unfortunately. And by widely available, I mean to people who have decided it's a good thing to lay on blotter. There have already been several news stories revealing DOC to the public, which unfortunately involved overdoses (not lethal) and sales.

It's legal, although it could be prosecuted under the Analogue Act since it's so similar to DOB and DOM. But I've never heard of anyone being prosecuted for any of the "RCs" except for selling them. In any case, even if it's not expressly illegal, no one in authority would look kindly on it. And at the rate things are going... illegality is inevitable, I fear. Just like with everything else. I sometimes feel bad about talking about these psychedelics here online, because all it really does is spread the word. But then again, the value of free and unbiased knowledge may just make it worth it.

There was a recent DOC hospitalization report posted in Erowid's media section. I'll see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: here

It has already been mentioned in this thread and elsewhere in PD and there is a very comprehensive discussion of the various news coverage over in Media. Apparently a reported friend of some of the persons involved replied to that recent DOC / Blotter thread. I have yet to confirm all of the details with any eye-witness but I have been tracking all media developments related to this as it may lead to a US analog prosecution.

I B

{ Edit: HERE }

{ Second Edit: Here are the links to the various news pieces:
http://www.hometownlife.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060601/NEWS22/606010659/1039/RSS15

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060602/METRO02/606020381/1009

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060603/METRO/606030332/1003

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/stories/053106/loc_2006053104.shtml }

Last edited:
^ How interesting, that the DOC was in blotter form... makes me wonder what doses these people were on. Oh, right, there's NO way of knowing.

^ This thread at its inception and for weeks after that always struck me as being an advertisment for DOC I wonder why that was.

zophen

I am not certain of the inception part, but there is more than a name or two in the thread that I would be leery of doing such. Nothing like generating an ‘Astroturf’ movement towards something. But what is done is done, I just hope this one doesn’t ‘pull a DOM’ one of these days… Because a few hundred kids at a rave doubling-up on 5 mg. pills would probably make headlines for about a year.

I B

Definitely count me along in the old hippy camp ... DOC is one unpleasant ride. Baargh, the headaches. DOC brings it home alright but there's nicer ways of getting the message. Like sitting on a long long ride for ... er.... years... and you've seen it all and then there's this headache... where's the benzos. 2nd time DOC experience at 2mg. Ancestral, reptilian, it's totally brutal honest, doc is. Just so long. And it's really not that interesting...

I've only gotten DOC once, which i thought was acid at first. we didn't find out till a few days later that it was DOC. most unpleasant thing ever. We rolled with it, i took two pills and half of a tab. the roll was so strong and such a mind fuck, i was completely lost in my head for about three hours... then when the MDMA went away, the DOC was still going strong... horrifying. it was just sooooooooo strong, and not in a good way. and it lasted well into the next evening, which was awful when i was trying to sleep. it felt really dirty to me, mentally and physically... i felt like i was losing my mind because all that was running through my mind was incoherant babbling.

Have you tried low doses, like 1-1.5mg? It reminds me of all-day-long MDMA with a much clearer head and an intense analytical edge, less "force", more energy, more control, and not at ALL pushy (due to the length). At higher doses it really is nearly impossible to communicate or sometimes even think much at higher doses.

havent tried it yet but i would like to see what that would do.

DOI at 1mg is great for going to museums or a night out, and LSD is great at low doses too (hey, we even got a thread about it).
ill try it out sometime soon and report back with my findings.
thanks for the idea xorkoth

MGS, after having tried nearly every RC commercially available one of my biggest regrets is having never tried 2ct7.
perhaps one day ill be lucky enough. I remember reading your trip reports on years ago, before i even knew about this wonderful psychedelic underworld.

Intoxo said:
I bet DOC just showed you some shit you weren't ready for, and now you treat it like you're a jilted lover ;)

No my problem with it stems I'd guess from an i.v. stim habit I once had which took me to hell and fortunately I got back (others did not) I feeel the stim effects and I cannot enjoy it simple as that all I do is think of stims bummer.

zophen

I was just joking, I mean no disrespect, and I do know everyone reacts to everything differently. Sorry to hear about your fall from stimulant eden.

You know i never really thought about it but perhaps i dont really like DOC for the same reason as Zophen.

I also had a problem with stims (meth in particular) in the past. Maybe DOC triggers something in me that reminds me alot of those days.

Good theory, although from what I understand about DOI, I'd think that DOI would trigger it even worse (due to most people saying it's even more stimulant-like by far). Personally, I've only done amphetamine drugs quite minimally but I've always really enjoyed them, which may be part of the reason I enjoy DOC so much. It doesn't stimulate me much at all but the body buzz definitely reminds me heavily of amphetamine.

No my problem with it stems I'd guess from an i.v. stim habit I once had which took me to hell and fortunately I got back (others did not) I feeel the stim effects and I cannot enjoy it simple as that all I do is think of stims bummer.

I'm a former speed freak too and I had a similar experience the first time I did DOC. But on the second trip, once I surrendered to this material, it wasn't like speed at all. A little stimulating, yes, but not like speed. YMMV.

in theroy, if one had DOC stored in distilled water in the fridge for about a year, would it still be ok to use? if it has "degraded" could this product be dangerous to take?

Status
Not open for further replies.