Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DOC Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, nope, that report is fairly old.

By the way, I'm going through all these recently pruned threads and adding a large purple notice at the post directly at the end of the pruned part of the thread, so that it will be easy to tell which parts are already pruned when it comes time to clean another chunk. That, and it'll be easy for those who are looking back through to tell which parts are cleaned out.

^ That's smart, dude! I noticed you doing it in all of the B&D's, and I think it's a great idea! :)

Finally!

SO I finally managed to get some of this stuff. It seems to be perfect timing as well. My work schedule has changed from 6 days a week to 3 days on, 4 days off (yes I know, how lucky). I also have an ample supply of benzos (k-pin, xanax, valium), just in case things were to get out of hand and also some Risperdal M-Tabs, which are the ultimate safety net should some type of major crisis or emergency occur. I don't plan on using these things, its mostly for the piece of mind that I could.

I have around 30mg of DOC, which I plan to weigh multiple times on my American Weigh (JP Precision) milligram scale (not the best) and then dissolve in 60ml of vodka. Which means 0.5mg/ml and with a 1ml graduated pipette, I should be able to dose fairly accurately. I just went to the chemistry store and got some amber glass vials, a few 30ml measuring cups and some 1ml pipettes. I believe this should be everything I need (I've never done any serious liquid measurements before). Is vodka a good choice for DOC (and store in the freezer), or is there any advantage to distilled water?

I've never done a DOx compound before so I plan on starting low, 2mg max. I am only 135lbs so that should be a good starting point, maybe even 1.5mg. I don't want to get sucked into any vortexes just yet, but at the same time I don't want to be underwhelmed. I'm looking forward to a long trip, for some reason my trips always end up being short these days (I usually trip 3-4 times per month). 2C-B lasts 3-4 hours, 4-AcO-DMT 2-3 hours, and LSD 6 hours.

I am extremely intrigued about the enhanced musical abilities people have been talking about. Music is my life, if I could actually write/record songs in the later stages of a DOC trip, it would be a blessing.

I'll also be able to take some EEG and EKG measurements (for entertainment purposes only of course). I'm particularly interested in DOC's effects on frontal lobe gamma amplitude/coherence and also Internal Cardiac Coherence/HRV. Frontal lobe gamma amplitude/coherence has recently been shown to be a correlate of 'higher states of consciousness' (in studies involving Tibetan monks) and I don't really think this has been looked at before in psychedelic studies. Should be fun nonetheless.

Wow, please post the EEG and EKG results--what an awesome thing to get to play with.

It has been much harder to find than other RC's, I just hope to experience it soon before it gets booted into Schedule I. I don't think my 20USD .001 scale is accurate enough to way the correct dosage, especially fractions of a mg.

eleveneleven:

I think 2mg is a good starting dose. Have you taken any DOX substance before? DOC is similar in character to the others, but gentler than DOB/DOI at least. It's rather sedating, to me honest, and quite laid back, even when it becomes intense. In that way it reminds me somewhat of 4-AcO-DMT, in that everything around you could be melting and distorted, but mentally you're fairly lucid and calm. However, it's rougher than 4-AcO-DMT for sure. If you've never taken a DOX, I'd start at 1.5mg, which will be psychedelic but less so than 2mg, for sure. Any less than 1.5mg will probably produce a sub-tripping state which will be annoying after a while, as it lasts for so many hours. After I had learned DOC's language, I used .5 - 1.25mg doses as day enhancers a few times and enjoyed it very much, but the first try I attempted was with 1.2mg and it gave me a negative vibe for a while because I got so tired of it. Also, vodka would be fine for DOC, yes. Your liquid measurement plan sounds just fine.

Something I experienced with DOC, which may have been due to my experience at the time or other factors, was that the first few times I took it I found it very enjoyable and shocking, but impossible to really use. For it to reveal its usefulness to me, I had to somehow keep focused during the come-up and beginning peak, or else I would enter what I termed "the divine delerium", where I basically sat around listening to music and experiencing bizarre consciousness phenomena and seemingly reptilian contact which was creepy, while my ego/consciousness was relatively unable to actually assert any sort of control or desire for control. A strange state which I enjoyed but which I could not figure out how to break through.

Then one time, I discovered a way to keep my mind active. I believe I came on Bluelight during the come-up and read and responded to posts. I noticed that time that my mind was able to stay pretty lucid, and I realized that the repitilian consciousness was really my subconsciousness, which I accessed and ended up having an immensely healing and instructive trip. That's the best way I can explain it. That was with 3.2mg.

I find DOC to be focused very much on primordial genetic roots and evolutionary material. it's very "archetypal". It's really a great substance, one of my favorites. There's a certain element of euphoria, but it differs from the euphoria of the likes of AMT and 4-AcO-DMT, and that produced by non-amphetamine psychedelic phenethylamines. It's sort of detached euphoria, with little outright joy. The exception to this was my healing trip I mentioned above. During the few hours I was listening to music with my eyes closed, laying down, my soul was just soaring. It was beautiful.

Music really is enhanced by DOC. It's as if you can hear the entire song as a cohesive whole, while simultaneously analyzing its separate elements apart from the whole. Enjoy!

*update*
I would just like to report that I think I may have completely screwed up my liquid measurement plan. It turns out I have around 40mg of DOC and not the 30mg I was supposed to get. I am not complaining about that part. I would like to add that it is IMPOSSIBLE TO EYEBALL THIS STUFF. When I first saw how much was in the bag, I thought it looked more like 15-20mg based on my previous experience with other research chemicals.

So here is my problem. I put the ~40mg of DOC into the amber vial and then went to measure the vodka in a 30ml measuring cup (my original plan was 30mg of DOC into 60mg vodka for a 2ml/mg solution) and when I went to put the 30ml of vodka in the vial, an unknown amount spilled (I would guess maybe 5ml)8( . I then measured an additional 15ml of vodka which went in fine. I should have approximately 40mg of DOC dissolved in approximately 40ml of Vodka.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve this situation? I was thinking of transferring the liquid from the amber vial to another using a syringe and measure it that way and assume a larger margin of error in my solution.

One other question. I was planning on using latex gloves but they proved too cumbersome and my finger did come in contact with a small about of crystals, which I wiped off. I certainly didn't 'pull a Green Barts' and lick my finger or anything, but is it possible I may have 'pulled a Hoffman' and absorbed enough through my finger to trip? I guess time will tell, in the meantime I will skip my regular dose of piracetam just in case... 8o

I could imagine piracetam could have very synergistic (and perhaps completely unpredictable) effects with DOC. Does anyone have any experience with this? I think 800mg of piracetam and maybe 250ug of DOC could be an interesting experiment.

I also saved a little bit of the crystals, as I am intrigued about the reports of people vaporizing DOC, is there any more/new information on that Meth-OD of ingestion?

thanks

Last edited:
Hmm... I would have re-measured the entire amount of vodka after the spill. But too late for that now, I guess, huh?

I would assume that what you have it correct and start low. Be aware that DOC seems quite safe for a DOx and if you're off by even 100% (which I can't imagine you would be close to), you would be fine (although perhaps freaked out!) by a normal dose.

I'm not sure what else to suggest except letting all the vodka dissolve out of the container, and then pouring a new, accurate amount in.

I have mixed piracetam and DOC close together once, but technically far enough away (3 hours) that it may have had no effect anyway. In any case, I didn't really notice anything different about the trip except that it was more mentally focused. I have a hunch (not proof!) that the DOx class is not affected in the same way by piracetam as the 2C-X class, for example (which is affected very strongly in my experience).

If you want to try it, starting with 250ug or so would be a good start.

And I don't think that DOxs absorb through the skin. I could be wrong though. I've gotten doc powder on my finger, wiped/washed it off (not immediately), and never felt any effects.

thank you very much for this (and your previous) reply. The spill happened on the way into the bottle, so I just had to keep pouring. I think I have things under control, I just should have practiced my technique with something not so rare and potent. I will simply pour the solution from the amber vial into the 30mg measuring cups and then put it back in with the 10ml medicine syringe I have. That should get me within 1ml or so.

As piracetam seems to interact with MDMA and amphetamines I would think the potential would be there for DOC as well. But since the DOx class seems to first accumulate in the lung, where some unknown metabolic process may occur, its over simplistic on my part to assume that because piracetam interacts with *amphetamine, that is will also interact with DOC specifically. I think to test if there is any interaction it would be best to take the piracetam after the DOC, to account for the conversion/accumulation time in the lung before the substance starts to show activity. I think around 250-500ug there could be great nootropic potential.

I'm very glad (but also somewhat disappointed) that my prospects of tripping on an unknown amount of transdermally absorbed DOC this afternoon are pretty low. I do feel something, but nothing that I couldn't attribute to the 500mg capsule of DL-phenylalanine I took, coupled with the placebo effect. If the walls start breathing, then I'll take notice.:)

*edit*
SO I must not have lost much after all. I measured 45ml of solution from the vial and there was around 7ml of vodka left from the stated 50ml bottle so I must be pretty close. The dosage concentration should be 0.888mg/ml, so to be on the safe side I will assume a 1:1 ratio. My first trial on Wednesday will use 2ml or ~1.8mg, which I feel is a good compromise between 1.5-2 for a DOx virgin.

Last edited:
After having had a number of incredibly psychedelic and confusing acid-like trips on DOC a while back, complete with amphetamine side-effects (weak ones, but there nonetheless), I now find it to be quite nootropic indeed, and much gentler, with practically nothing amphetamine-related going on in the body except a desire to stay awake for a very long time. Last time I used it (Saturday night), I took 3.6mg, then 1.5mg 3 hours later. I stayed up all night, all the next day, and until about 2am last night, with an absolutely racing and whirring mind. Considering that I get pleasure and saatisfaciton from feeling mentally quick and analytical, it was a great experience indeed! I felt that it made the flow of words effortless, though somewhat stream-of-consciousness, and I could not help but analyze absolutely everything I saw or experienced. Just thinking about my weekend has made me near to tears all day, simply because it was so wonderful and bonding for my fiance and cats and I.

Enjoy DOC! I don't know why, but at first I found it very difficult to get anything from. I would have these trips where I felt almost taken over by my subconsciousness, and I would be swimming in a bowl of dramatic visual soup all night, the time seeming to snap by and stop at the same time. I would spend hours staring at something over and over, seeming to communicate with something but without any control over it.

Then I had one trip on it which was also extraordinarily visual and mentally deep, but this one was lucid and crystal-clear and was my best DOC trip. Since then, I've only used it twice (over 5-6 months), but both times it has been much weaker, not very visual, required a higher dose, and totally mentally lucid and quick.

Actually, any post I made on Bluelight Saturday night or Sunday was while on DOC. I may go b ack and try to read them to see if my perception of my mental lucidity was true, or a delusion =D

Last time I used DOC, this past weekend, I had a wonderful trip (I'm planning on writing it up), but I noticed an alarming side effect for the first time: extreme vasoconstriction. It especially affected my large leg arteries (veins?), and I was unable to stretch my legs all the way out. My veins in the legs felt like they were so constricted that they'd snap if my legs extended all the way. When I sat with my legs crossed, I couldn't tell, but walking required hobbling until I'd been doing it for a few minutes, at which point it seemed to stretch them out somewhat.

It was still a great trip with no other side effects, but it alarmed me a bit, especially because it was that strong at T+1:00. Fortunately, it didn't get worse, but instead got better with time. it's just odd because I've never gotten more vasoconstriction than a slight bit of pain after just standing up, and I've taken larger doses.

Xorkoth said:
extreme vasoconstriction

Your not the only one a lot of people I've talked to who use DOC have this including me.I've had it so bad it was actually painful but only lasts 5-15 minutes to that degree usually.Never had the leg thing that would be enough to keep me away from DOC for a week or so=D

Yeah, my legs hurt for hours. Actually, the next day (I took it in the evening the night before), it would come back to a minor degree from time to time. Before this experience, DOC either gave me no perceived vasoconstriction at all, or just enough to feel like a low dose of LSAs sort of, slight pain when standing up after sitting for a while and so forth. This past time it hurt alarmingly, to the point where I was afraid to walk, for the entire night. I would have to stand very slowly, hold myself up, and do light stretches in order to be able to hobble like Quasimodo across the room.

Other than that, the trip was wonderful, euphoric, and had a great body high.

what about odd superficial chest to stomach pains? I only felt them off one supplier's batch, but they were a bitch.

Xorkoth said:
an absolutely racing and whirring mind

that is a state I have been actively working away from in recent years. i try to quieten my mind rather than to indulge its fickleness. i can't say psychedelics help me quieten my mind while I am under the influence, but on the whole I think their long-term effect has been a quietening one, due to the insight into my thought processes they allowed me to have - thereby giving the mechanisms less power to overwhelm me. my mind is naturally all over the place and i make efforts to quieten it, as i feel better this way.

^^ I agree, actually. Long-term, in my everyday life my mind is very calm at most times, which I attribute in large part to my psychedelic experiences. I very much enjoy the racing mind aspect of psychedelic during the experiences, though. I like making connections and thinking deeply, almost automatically, about whatever I'm paying attention to. They don't all do that, but DOC does. LSD and mushrooms are two others that have this effect dramatically.

DOC is AMAZING I would suggest you give it a go.Nothing has managed to put me at peace like DOC.Watching the sun come up as the trip nears it's end I feel as though I could explode with positivity.MDMA has nothing on it.Still have DOM to look forward to though.

I haven't ruled it out, it just slipped behind about 10 other substances that I want to try, after DOM came to me.

trip.more said:
DOC is AMAZING I would suggest you give it a go.Nothing has managed to put me at peace like DOC.Watching the sun come up as the trip nears it's end I feel as though I could explode with positivity.MDMA has nothing on it.Still have DOM to look forward to though.

I concur about DOC. DOM has given me more analytical and ragingly psychedelic experiences, but DOC invokes a sense of peace and serenity that I've not matched with anything else that it just wonderful. And the peak is intense and psychoanalytical as well, just not to the same extent and clarity as DOM.

Oh, and LysergicWindow, thanks for the report! Would you mind posting it in Trip Reports as well (another forum here at Bluelight)? Also, did you mean D-isolysergic acid diethylamide? Because that's different from LSD, and in the case that you really meant D-iso-L, then that's very interesting as I've never heard of another report of that substance.

Last edited:
DOC is definetly worth trying.
I have tried DOI and DOB as well, but DOC is far supierer than the other two.

I have also grown more fond of DOC than 2ce and lsd after sampling it.

Dont know how many times i have done DOC, Probably around 15-20, but it seems like the more i use it the more it reveals itself to me.
DOC + MDMA is a great combonation.
And i want to try a Ketamine+DOC combo, as i read that amphetamine like compunds allow you to remmeber your expierence better, and on Ketamine I get really bad memory after going into a K hole. PLus the combo will most likely catapult me into cosmic space.

Status
Not open for further replies.