View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DOC Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine it would be safe... I think the DOXs are quite stable. Just make sure it hasn't grown any organisms, and next time consider adding a small amount of ethyl alcohol to ward away contaminants.

I finally got around to trying this gem. I dosed 8mg in the form of blotters as my inital dose to start off one of my first (and subsequently last) experience at a psytrance festival. During the comeup there was some initial nausea which required me to set aside the san pedro ground cactii I was gelcapping in order to not become overwhelmed from the smell (this is quite common while coming up from anything for me). I find water usually from the tap to be alleviating to this nausea.

The trip was actually very mild for me, I got all of the usual positive amphetamine-like effects with very little negative effects. I believe the only one I recall was while coming down my jaw was slightly moving uncontrollably but I never felt as if I was in any danger despite absolutely hating the music. The festival didn't turn out well mostly because it's not my "scene", I rather have music compliment rather than dominant whatever I am doing. The 8mg lasted from approximately 12 hours with a very smooth come down.

Despite it being very mild, it taught alot of valuable lessons that I have slowly begun to incorporate into my life. This is probably attributed to the setting and interacting with almost everyone I could run into. Someone on here described this effect as a sort of "social butterfly" which would sum it up quite well. There also seemed to be a period for about a week after the trip that I was not myself. I suppose there was a period of a week of integration for me personally.

I wonder if I might enjoy DOC more in a well and truly social (read: party/going out) setting than completely alone or with just one person. But I doubt such a high dose would be appropriate for me. I tripped balls on 2mg and would probably take 0.5mg for such an undertaking.

Seems DOC really has different strength for different people... while some trip hard on 2mg, others can take over 8mg and find it mild. I am pretty sensitive to all psychedelics unless I have some tolerance, but I can go pretty high on 4-substituted tryptamines and some 2C's without feeling too uncomfortable. With DOC I don't even want to find out what a high dose would do to me. I'd be too afraid that the body issues I had when on it weren't psychosomatic (set related).

ive taken it once, and got a back massage at a party (rave) and it was one of the most snynesthetic experiences of my life. After a while the trip got real old real fast and my muscles cramped up on me. I particuly enjoyed the come up and back massage. Since I have taken it i find no need to take it again, ill stick to my candy flips and Ketamines thank you much. Please try it before you judge it.

DOC is odd in its dose-reponse curve. That curve varies for me with seemingly no consistency at all. For example, this past Saturday morning I took 1.2mg and had an incredibly visual experience, consisting of long, detailed, fractallized tracers and a visual soup effect, as well as incredible color saturation, but with relatively little mental effects. The highest I've taken it was 5mg, but that trip didn't approach the intensity of my 3.5mg trip which was my best one of all, loaded with ego-dissolving mental effects. The one thing DOC always seems to give me is a powerful visual experience. I've only had a few trips on anything that were more visual than my average DOC experience, and those were my two significant 2C-E trips, which were about equal but different, and n,n-DMT. When I take it sparingly, with long breaks in between, it feels extremely emotionally and spiritually healing, and produces a state of complete contentment with living in the now for the next 36 or so hours. It motivates me to be a better person, more honest with myself, and more motivated. It brings about a massive joy that rivals MDMA except which is much less forced and much more real. I sometimes get unpleasant amphetamine side effects, and sometimes I get none of those. It seems rather random. DOC also shifts my mind into a very piercing analytical state, where I just want to talk and talk and talk and analyze everything I see. It makes it seem as if everything I do, whether it's important or as useless as watching crap TV, is very useful to my understanding of the world we live in. This state usually emerges after the peak ends. During the peak I'm generally rather overwhelmed and it's sometimes difficult to communicate.

Overall, it's still one of my absolute favorites. I also find that taking it the morning after an LSD trip produces a more profound state. I think sometime soon I'm going to try mixing it with something else after the peak ends. Maybe smoke some DMT on it. I also have a feeling that 2C-B would mix very well.

Another thing I've noticed is that the amphetamine body issues do not seem to significantly increase with a higher dosage, at least up to the level I've taken it to (5mg). I get the same issues from 1mg as I do from 5, if I get them at all.

Last edited:
It would be ultra-sweet if it lasted 1/3 - 1/2 as long as it does. I don't have the time for all-day fry sessions with a 2nd day to recover very frequently these days. Even if they winding-down phase were cut down I'd like it more. I love the effects, I just don't care for the duration.

Im rather upset i never got to experience the side of this drug that everyone seems to love so much.
My first couple experiences were great but the body load always overshadowed it.
I now just enjoy low dose (below 1mg).
Maybe i could try mixing it at alow dose with something like 2c-b (as xorkoth suggested) and see what happens.

I can't wait to try this one. Its been top of my list for months now. I guess the duration can really be a downside when you don't have much time for tripping. I have never tried any DOx compounds but I do remember LSD always overstaying its welcome when I just wanted to sleep.

This seems to be one of the most common complaints with DOC (i.e its hard to sleep for a very long time after the trip wears off). I would think that a benzo would make sleep possible around hour 12-14 or so, although I wouldn't want to think what could happen during a DOC/benzo blackout.

I don't have very much experience with benzos but 0.5mg of Xanax knocked me out amazingly after a recent 2C-I experience. I was a bit tired in the morning but I feel like I slept VERY well. I find melatonin (which is normally great as a sleep aid) does not work at all on psychedelic comedowns. Perhaps this is because the same receptors are involved (melatonin being a tryptamine of course) and there is competition at the receptor site, or even some kind of cross-tolerance between tryptamines (although I would find this somewhat strange with melatonin)

with DOC i ate 2mg xanax and 1mg klonopin and drank tons of beer and still had a hard time falling asleep (although when i did i ended up pissing myself).
its better to just let it run its course.

Haha. That sucks man.

2mg xanax didn't put me to sleep either. It chilled me out a bit, and a drank a big bottle of 9% beer after the xanax had fully kicked in. In other trips, I'd taken more than that, and I've also tried klonpin and valium with little success. Valium normally makes me VERY relaxed and sleepy in a most pleasant way.

Personally I love its length, simply because I find it so pleasant. Plus, after the first 5-6 hours I find it quite manageable, enough that I can function fairly normally, although I wouldn't want to drive. I enjoy it at both low and high doses, although I've probably used it at a low dose (1-1.5mg) more times now than at high doses.

I found with DOC, it was possible to fall into a trance-like "sleep?" between 8 and 14 hours after eating the stuff. Actually on my largest dose (4-5mg) I fell asleep the soonest. Honestly I'm not sure if it was real sleep or some kind of dissociation, but I was tired as hell when I fell into it and felt very refreshed and ready for the next day when I snapped back to consciousness. Still tripping mildly too ... but just enough to make the day a little sparkly.

Xorkoth what effects do you experience around 1mg? I assume this is sub-psychedelic (or I should say, sub-visual?)...

To me, the body-load does not get any worse between 2mg and 5mg.... it remains remarkably smooth. So that would not be a motivation for me to dose low... the motivation would be, I suppose, if it sounded worthwhile.

I have no plans to eat DOC ever again but I don't always go by my plans ;)

Actually, at 1mg I often experience visuals, but not always. It seems random. This past Saturday I actually took 1.2mg and had very strong visuals, including morphing, particles appearing out of the air, and extreme fractallized trails. It was actually quite shockingly and unexpectedly visual. As for mental effects, it enhances my mood significantly and puts my mind into a highly analytical state, and makes me able to effortlessly live in the moment.

I also am able to "sleep" (more like trancing out) on DOC at any dose I've tried, after the peak ends. I've even taken it at midnight and fallen into a trance by 6am. Anytime I do this (take it at night), the entire next day is spent with a psychedelic amphetamine plateau/afterglow, which really makes the day fun and great and interesting.

Me too, on DOC even a double benzo dose doesn't knock me out even at theT+14 point... it'll quieten down but it'll still take 4 hours in the haze before I can let go.

8(

This thread took me 5 hours to fix up!! I went back to the 40-page archived thread, and got a few straggling good posts out of there, and merged with the good posts from this thread, and here we are.

I want to say, I am now officially sad, as a result of going back and re-reading that entire original DOC thread... I'm so glad the hysteria is over, and that I finally got the courage to make a decent DOC thread out of the wreckage.

I'm off to smoke a bowl and cheer up, now. Hopefully this thread is coherent, because I'm too tired to go back and read it for quality assurance...

EVERYTHING BEFORE THIS POINT HAS BEEN CLEANED

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anybody who mentioned doc + 2c-b actually tried it? I'm looking for ideas for this weekend and this is now definitely a candidate. Any information is appreciated.

I sort of mixed DOC with 2C-B, except probably not in the way you mean. But in case it helps, I took LSD, then 2C-B 4 hours into it, and then about 4 hours or so after the 2C-B, I took 1.5mg of DOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.