• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-I Thread - Take Two

Interesting you say that about 2C-B and 2C-I Dwayne. Anyways, whenever I have done the 2C-I/LSD combo, I have used a normal dose of acid, followed by 10-12 mgs of 2C-I an hour or two into the LSD.

Thanks 3rdEyeBlind & Wiz!! I shall try that, sounds like a blast.

And yea, I figure 2c-b is just gonna add body load, discomfort, and too much of its own odd character, while 2c-i is just gonna add some stimulation (which always does LSD good IMO so long as its done in careful moderation) and basically act as a straight amplifier of the LSD effects without coloring them at all. 2c-i seems... "crystalline" to me somehow. Love it. And LSD of course, haha!

Last edited:
guys could someone tell me if 2C-I stored in a powerade bottle in a vodka solution in the fridge would be OK after a few months? it may have not been air tight for some time, and the fridge is quite cold. i am concerned about the fact it was not air tight - will this cause any degradation? thanks

I stored my 2C-I as 10mg/1ml solution in tap water at room temperature(but in dark) for more than a year, and it don't seem that it lost it any potency.
Don't worry, 2Cs(in particular 2C-I) are stable compounds when stored in solution. Some alcohol(AFAIR ~17% or more)will prevent bacteria growth, so it is good idea to add it.
Also, personally I wouldn't advise using powerade bottle, because it is made from plastic. I am no chemist and I don't know if alcohol can absorb plastic. But common sense tells me that if there are no high-alcohol drinks sold in plastic bottles, then there may be certain reasons for it.

I stored my 2C-I as 10mg/1ml solution in tap water at room temperature(but in dark) for more than a year, and it don't seem that it lost it any potency.
Don't worry, 2Cs(in particular 2C-I) are stable compounds when stored in solution. Some alcohol(AFAIR ~17% or more)will prevent bacteria growth, so it is good idea to add it.
Also, personally I wouldn't advise using powerade bottle, because it is made from plastic. I am no chemist and I don't know if alcohol can absorb plastic. But common sense tells me that if there are no high-alcohol drinks sold in plastic bottles, then there may be certain reasons for it.

Good point, I thought the same which is why I mentioned the powerade bottle. Anyone else think the 40% vodka would leech some toxins from the plastic or something similar?

Chemicals in solution usually don't degrade because of exposure to air.
Even if, your container was probably almost airtight, and your fridge would be like minus 20 degrees?
Temperature is the real bitch when it comes to degrading, so I think your 2C-I will be just fine! :)

Alcohol can't absorb most plastics BTW.
Only some of the more high-end plastics used in laboratories etc. can dissolve in alcohol.
However, it can absorb certain nasty compounds to make the plastic malleable, like bisphenol A.
But plastic bottles that contain drinks usually don't have much of these substances.

BTW, alcoholic beverages are definitely sold in plastic bottles.
Also, in our laboratory we use 'absolute' alcohol (which is 99.9% anhydrous alcohol); this comes in plastic bottles.
And this kind of alcohol has to be absolutely pure, because it can really fuck up your experiment if not (plus they charge like € 170 per 1L bottle...insanity!).

BTW, alcoholic beverages are definitely sold in plastic bottle
I haven't seen anything stronger than beer(or maybe coctails - ~9%) sold in plastic. But I live in the different part of world than many BL-ers.:)

(plus they charge like € 170 per 1L bottle...insanity!)
But isn't such alcohol is hard to made?

BTW, alcoholic beverages are definitely sold in plastic bottle
I haven't seen anything stronger than beer(or maybe coctails - ~9%) sold in plastic. But I live in the different part of world than many BL-ers.:)

(plus they charge like € 170 per 1L bottle...insanity!)
But isn't such alcohol is hard to made?

Yep. I have purchased vodka and wihsky in plastic bottles before.
Never really had much interest in 2C-I, but I will give its amphetamine counterpart a try.

:lol: awesome ... never heard about this before. Booze in plastic bottles - whatever next!

But common sense tells me that if there are no high-alcohol drinks sold in plastic bottles, then there may be certain reasons for it.

You clearly don't drink enough cheap vodka :) FWIW I think vodka is swill but i was still amazed the first time I saw it in a liquor store in plastic (Popov, I think)

edit: And then I read through the other 15 people that beat me to this LOL

*changes topic*
The thyroid gland helps to regulate many key body functions, including the production and release of human growth hormone (HGH), Vitamin K production and regulation (Vitamin K regulates how much oxygen that blood platelets can carry), production and regulation of epinephrine (adrenaline), and to a lesser (but seemingly just as important) extent, the regulation of the mood regulating chemicals serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine.

2. 2C-I is a iodinated chemical structurally related to epinephrine, norepinephrine, and dopamine.

3. Iodine is the heaviest halogen available (there is one heavier, Astatine, but it is a rare, radioactive, and completely unusable atom in pharmacology).

4. Iodine has NEVER been used in any psychotropic (mood-altering) chemicals other than thyroid medications.

While many of Shulgin's chemicals employed halogens (ie. 2C-C, 2C-B, 2C-F, 2C-T-21, and also their amphetamine homologues), all of them, with the exception of 2C-I and its amphetamine homologue DOI, employ the lighter, and consequently 'friendlier' halogens fluorine, chlorine, and bromine. Even in medical pharmacology, iodine is never used outside thyroid treatments. For example Wellbutrin (bupropion) uses chlorine, and Prozac (fluoxetine) uses fluorine.

5. 2C-I has a high affinity for serotonin HT2-type receptors, and to a lesser extent norepinephrine and dopamine receptors, all of which control critical aspects in regulating mood.

Even without testing or any kind of clinical evidence, one could conclude that by introducing a chemical into the body that has a high affinity for mood-regulating receptors, contains a halogen that not only is much heavier that anything that normally enters said receptors, but also is used in the regulation of an important endocrine gland, there is going to be trouble.

Who knows what kind of long-term damage 2C-I may have on people, not only those with thyroid problems, but healthy individuals as well!? Until some clinical data exists that shows 2C-I as not being neurotoxic, I would recommend that you stay away from taking this chemical.

^this is from an erowid health risks experience report.
What do you guys think? 2C-I and DOI really are the only drugs that employ iodine, besides certian thyroid medications.

Is this good evidence that it indeed does cause thyriod problems?
It'd be quite a shame if it did. Full report: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=39567

Good to hear! thanks for the information. I didn't know AM-694 has iodine in it...

You clearly don't drink enough cheap vodka
Yes, you're right:) I drink alcohol very rare, and tried vodka only once or twice.
But even the cheapest vodka sold in glass bottles in Russia(that's where I live).

As for the iodine, I remembered that I read very anecdotal report on imageboard. The guy who used 2C-I once got some ache in the place where thyroid should be. It's very anecdotal thing, don't quote me, but maybe there are more similar reports?

Just tried 2C-I for the first time this past weekend so I thought I would share a bit of my experience here in the big and dandy thread. My dosage was 18mg (after a test of 4mg a few nights prior which did have an effect, although slight). I did take 25mg of diphenhydramine in order to reduce body load.

My previous psychedelic experiences include mushrooms (up to 3.5g cubensis) so its really all I can compare it to. Within 60mins I began to get some visual alerts, patterning of the floor and walls. This is somewhat like the patterning I get from mushrooms but just a bit different.
The visuals progressed to halos around every reflection of light that would cast a rainbow type prism look throughout my home. The visualizer on the TV looked like it was extending past the television. I found myself staring at a painting on my wall of a long road lined with trees that have shed their leaves. They were waving back and forth and morphing all over the place. A shower with candles and hot steam made for some interesting visuals as well. I took my 18mg orally at 2:30PM and was able to fall asleep by 10:30pm.

Outside of this, I didn't find myself really gaining much from the experience. As some previously stated in this thread, at many points I would be stuck not really thinking of anything, just staring off and wondering "why am I doing this?" Very neutral experience for me. I would feel an urge to do something, then I wouldn't want to do it like 5 seconds later. My wife and I went for a walk in a park next to where we live and it just wasn't as profound as I was hoping. I felt zero euphoria during this trip. Mostly neutral outside of a few chuckles here and there.

I did break out some nitrous and enjoyed smoking some cannabis and taking nitrous while getting lost in my visualizer with music. Every light in the room would sparkle and give off a prism type look, almost like the varying colors you see when light shines on oil or soap atop of water.

Mushrooms are deeper mentally for me, without a doubt. And although I find myself working through my mind on shrooms, it is almost always followed by immense euphoria as I come to certain conclusions about myself and life in general.

I am a big guy, did I dose too little? I didn't want to push it for my first time. Another interesting bit of information is that I am still experiencing the floating patterning you see when you let your eyes relax. It is dissapating as the days go on but it is somewhat bothersome since I've never had this happen to me following a mushroom experience. When I smoke cannabis, the patterning is ramped up even more. I wouldn't call it HPPD because its only been two days and it certainly is not affecting my daily life. Not sure if I'm going to try this one again?

Your intense visual experience is unusual for only 18mg (for a big guy at that). When I added diphenhydramine to 2C-E to lower bodyload my impression was that it also increased visuals. This is the first know report of using it with 2C-I so, interesting... it would be nice to have people very familiar with 2C-I to try this combo and report (OK, I volunteer... when I get more... all out now).

FYI, I am pretty big (6'1". 200#), and find a notable increase in euphoria and visuals at 25mg. Even at 20, effects are there but mostly in the body. But when I hit 25 it just seems to blossom... brilliant colors, huge long tracers, buddha-like bliss. But yes, it is quite emotionally neutral, and very clearheaded... NO headfuck, so if all sorts of intense bizzaro hallucinations is what you are looking for, 2C-I is the wrong drug.