• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-I Thread - Take Two

Is jumping from 18mg to 25mg an okay titration? I'm 6'4'' 270#.

Yea, I read about the diphenhydramine in the 2C-E thread I believe, so I thought I'd give it a try since the compounds are so closely related.

DwayneHoover, how long do you recommend waiting until I give it another try?

I think 2c-e is more of what you're looking for.

I have 100mg of it, just a bit apprehensive given all the trip reports I've read of things going a little negative. Maybe I will try a threshold dose to get a taste of what to expect.

I'd say 2 weeks. 18 to 25 should be fine. They say to go up by 5mg at a time, but 23 is so close to 25....

I have 100mg of it, just a bit apprehensive given all the trip reports I've read of things going a little negative. Maybe I will try a threshold dose to get a taste of what to expect.

From (my subjective) experience, the threshold dose of 2ce is going to feel very similar to the other 2c compounds, so I wouldn't put too much stock into that... but, I dunno, 2ce seems similar to what you've described as positive from a mushroom experience. For a lot of people, very mental, very introspective, and a sense of satisfaction from working through those issues. And, very visual, of course.

But sure, it's not a bad idea to take a threshold dose just to make sure you don't have any weird individual negative reaction.

I'd say 2 weeks. 18 to 25 should be fine. They say to go up by 5mg at a time, but 23 is so close to 25....

Thanks, I will post a report when I try it again. I'd like to get a true feel for 2C-I before I move to 2C-E.

Oh yea, the DPH was really unnecessary with the 2C-I and I would suggest when you do it again to skip the DPH. Perhaps that is what made it feel so "flat" for you. 2C-I really has no body-load except for stimulation, but that is part of what makes it work.

2C-E is ALOT different. It can cause intense nausea, and widespread very weird overall body aches and pains that can be REALLY uncomfortable for most people. 2C-I does *NONE* of this. Anyway these are why to do DPH with 2C-E. It's unnecessary with 2C-I and might alter the trip more than you want.

I would say wait ONE week, then try 25mg on an EMPTY stomach (no fruit juice or other acidic beverages like soft drinks [look for citric acid on the label], ingested acids lower the potency of all phenethylamines) with no DPH. THATs how to tell what 2C-I is really all about. If you ever smoke weed... have some of that available to accentuate the trip and perhaps smooth over any temporarily excess stimmyness. But if you DO feel "stimmy", don't sweat it... its how you know the drug us working. Ever done MDMA? There is a period of stimmyness the first hour or so... (with 2C-I about 1.5 hours)... which then melts away to reveal the drug's psychedelic effects like the drawing of a curtain. A beer with its hops and alcohol is also fine and would also be good for the stimmyness.

Unless you are like me and find a mental way to ENJOY the stimulation, like an exciting carnival ride... just try to relax and breathe deep and enjoy the "liftoff" like you are in the "Booster" phase of taking off in a space rocket. Dont psyche-out and start to panic.... it will melt away soon enough, just ride it out and you will be rewarded. If you panic and start to freak like some people, well then all bets are off. A good way to take your mind off it is to watch some exciting or trippy movie that you can let yourself be absorbed into, smoke a joint, etc... you'll be fine based on your report above. Good luck!!

Heres a graphic they used to play at peak intense psychedelic moments of Grateful Dead shows, spelling out NAMASTE in Sanskrit... try to stare at it for a whilefull-screen in a dark room when peaking, haha!

NAMASTE-5-1.gif

Last edited:
I have done MDMA, so I know the stimulation you speak of quite intimately :) I don't mind it actually... I end up using the energy to dance, glove light, or talk. I've had intense nausea from mushrooms but I noticed it was extremely psychosomatic, the more I would let myself go, the nausea would subside. In fact, the reason I chose 2C-I first was because of how many people related the euphoria to MDMA.

Well, I'm convinced to try this again. Without DPH :) I think I was drinking soda on the come-up this weekend but I hadn't eaten in 2 or 3 hours. I'll stick to water during the come up. Is it okay to drink some juice mid-trip? I always love fruit juice and fresh fruit while tripping.

Sure, juice after its absorbed its not an issue and very good for you for the nutrients and the extra energy from the sugars etc.

But I don't think Ive seen many reports that relate 2C-I to the euphoria of MDMA. MDMA is very very... PERSONAL. It makes you feel totally romantically in love with every single individual molecule. Whereas 2C-I is very NOT this. It kind of makes me feel like The Buddha of the Universe... somewhat remote and aloof, but still feeling a certain god-like euphoria at being able to feel the amazingness of it all, but on a much more mental, far far less emotional way than MDMA.

I have seen someone get extreme nausea off of a (+-5) 26mg dose, as well as vomiting and bodyaches, just like you described for 2c-e. (and now that i think about, he got mindfucked as well)

for me though it was just as you described (same dose as friend), clearheaded, beautiful, and slightly stimmy, with almost no nausea

that experience report has been discussed here before. the person in question was taking medication for pre-existing hyperthyroidism. i'm fairly sure that their unique reaction was due to the combination of the medication and the 2c-i.

enough people have used 2c-i without problems that i feel that it must be reasonably safe to use.

however, i do notice that 2c-i feels more difficult to renally excrete than other 2cs. perhaps that is psychosomatic though.

someone else mentioned DOI--keep in mind that DOI is active at one tenth of the mass that 2C-I is active at. this means that DOI is theoretically 10x safer for our thyroid glands than 2C-I is.

Sure, juice after its absorbed its not an issue and very good for you for the nutrients and the extra energy from the sugars etc.

But I don't think Ive seen many reports that relate 2C-I to the euphoria of MDMA. MDMA is very very... PERSONAL. It makes you feel totally romantically in love with every single individual molecule. Whereas 2C-I is very NOT this. It kind of makes me feel like The Buddha of the Universe... somewhat remote and aloof, but still feeling a certain god-like euphoria at being able to feel the amazingness of it all, but on a much more mental, far far less emotional way than MDMA.

It might be a mistake (I firmly agree with you here) but it's a fact that 2c-i is often described as "Mdma + light acid," which is TOTALLY offbase. But I mean even look at 2c-i's wiki article and it uses that description.

It might be a mistake (I firmly agree with you here) but it's a fact that 2c-i is often described as "Mdma + light acid," which is TOTALLY offbase. But I mean even look at 2c-i's wiki article and it uses that description.

yeah, I've always wondered about this too - I found the empathogen side of 2c-i to be more amphetamine like, kind of like the talkativeness of d-amphetamine.

If I had to describe 2c-i, I'd say it was a more synthetic feeling, dumbed down version of mescaline.

that's exactly how it feels like to me, too. mescaline is euphoric for a psychedelic, but 2c-i is very dumbed down from it - the visuals feel less organic, as well.

however, when you dose high and with more intense ROAs (i've IM'd and insufflated before), it does get more of its own character - more bizarre of a headspace, things can honestly get a little dark - but interesting. my first time taking it (~25mg snorted) was actually more intense than my 2ce experience (although I have a feeling this could change if I dose higher on the 2ce), the visuals were insane, and I actually had an out of body experience where I heard myself talking on the phone from an observer's point of view. I was inebriated to the point where a family guy spoof of star wars was the most engrossing storyline I've witnessed. haha

people CAN make 2ci a powerful substance, but it requires high doses, intense ROAs, and significantly heightens the nausea and bodyload. and it certainly isn't like LSD or MDMA - very mescaline like visuals with a dark tinge.

Your mind floods out into the reality around you, but you don't lose it

Last edited:
I also IM'd 25mg without any tolerance and let me tell you this was awful. i was violently projectile vomiting for like 2 hours and it felt like my head was being ripped apart. I don't recommend haha.

Yea, I need 25 mg oral for perfect effects... less is not enough and while I can stand 30mg, I cant imagine doing more than that, way too intense stimilation. What the hell were you thinking to snort or, my lord, inject 25 mg???!!! Didnt you read any dosing advise? Are you still suffering from IITS ("Indestructable Immortal Teenager Syndrome")? And I used to think you were smart! ;)

well, I don't regret the insufflation experience at all. the bodyload was tough at first, but it proved to be one of the more insightful and incredible experience i've ever had.

anyway, oral 2ci just doesn't do much for me - but i had bought a gram of it and i didn't want to waste $100 +. doesn't seem so unreasonable to me - I know people have IV'd it in excess of 100mg.