• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Regional Doofs and harm reduction parties

little do u know i can drink many beers a blow .000 so i may not be drunk or illegal.
There are alcoholics that drive all the time. Tolerance. yep.
Dickhead but it it was everyone i knew when i was young thats just the way it was. I don't do what i used to do anymore. Reckless yes. stupid definitely, not to say i didn't happen. I have lost many friends on the road and to other things. I got mates who drive reckless they don't wear seat belts so they die if ever crash.
I wouldn't drink drive on unknown or country roads. But a lot of people in the bush would. I recall some raves after wood before drug testing and everyone has driven there and is leaving so chopped the car park was well really slow to get out.
Yeah i believe a lot of my generation or thinking people really fucked it for everyone or at least the next generations.
I recon some drug/drink drivers pay more attention when driving due to the risk. I know many drive faster to stay awake and on the ball. like it or not it happens
Sorry
and sorry for posting intoxicated again but yeah i can't post when sleeping even then my post would be bad sometimes. I can't help the truth

Last edited:
that post made fuck all sense and still is just you desperatly trying to make up for the fact that your doing the wrong thing

he struggles to make sense of the english language even at the best of times

tadfish said:
little do u know i can drink many beers a blow .000 so i may not be drunk or illegal.

That makes little to no sense. Even if you have a tolerance, it doesn't mean that the alcohol you drink isn't going to your bloodstream which is what BAC measures, not how drunk you are. Having a larger body mass and more muscle means you will metabolize it quicker, but even then if you drink 'many beers' you are unlikely to blow .000 unless it is quite a few hours later.

tadfish said:
I recon some drug/drink drivers pay more attention when driving due to the risk. I know many drive faster to stay awake and on the ball. like it or not it happens

What is that we like or not? The fact people are driving intoxicated? Yes it does happen but obviously it should not be as it puts other people's lives at risk, and whilst in this post you seem to be full of regret for your earlier actions, it was only at the top of this page you were talking about how great WA was because you could drive recklessly with less risk of being caught.

I've heard from people in real life before who have bragged about their ability to drive under the influence of various substances and each time I have let them know in no uncertain terms that I don't think this is something to be proud of. For a start, often you can be unaware of how impaired you are and also the more this type of behavior is shunned the less likely it is to occur. Same goes for whenever someone tells me about any other stupid stunts they have pulled on the road.

ah fuck it i mean over 100 people i knew and grew up with drink drives until they lost there license at least once or twice before they changed.
I mean most drug users don't use the net to check things like Bluelight and don't really care or give two fucks about harm reduction.

I wasn't bragging (well wasn't meant to be taken that way and in no way did anyone brag about it except when people were like 17 or 18 maybe) but some times its hard to say things without other people taking it that way. thats there view.

I was and always try to dull things down for bluelight. Geez if i said half the crazy shit that went down i would have soo many straight shooter conservative non-risk taking types cutting sick.
I would hate to tell the truth about the past and risky behavior. Cause whether BL likes it or not most people who use computers to look up drugs and BL are not big risk takers.
I would on average week know of probably 50+ drug/drink/drunk/ risky driving taking place. This just happens to be exceptable in most people i know. I have lost people on the roads and you know what it wasn't cause they were on drugs or the drink it was other drivers who just think if they plod along and do the speed limit and not drink drive they be fine. Well after years these people relax and don't double check things like a more paranoid drink/drug/law breaking driver might.
I am not proud of it i shouldn't have brought it up at early hours it needs to on after the kids go to bed this has got so far off topic. I don't think much of it. I would hate to tell u about people i have know (crazy people) who for kicks would drive very fast through red lights tripping, close there eyes pull hang break and spin out of control as a "test of faith" too see if they live.

Hows this i once knew of a morphine addict with broken back who run over a kid on a bike while he was nodding out on morph while driving. The cop breatho'ed him and let him off cause he was on scripted drugs while the kid on the bike was really fucked up.

about the .000 thing i spoke to my doc today and he said he knows radio presented used to drink 6 bundy and rums before breakfast and blow under .05. I have worked on mines and believe me i used to breatho myself every night and morning at least once there are ways to beat the test.

MrIBS glad u got another BL account how many times u going to get banned for selling drugs on BL (or more so ripping people off) how is that arm of yours? ready to fall off from soo much IV use and ripping people off. I don't want any of ya endones.

Yeah i was really wasted and wouldn't have posted but another BL'er was like u should so i half ass'ed tried to explain the situation but really i should have just deleted it to not upset people. Is it so hard to except there a people out there who live life on the edge.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Hunter S. Thompson

For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.
Hunter S. Thompson

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson

Some people just do different things for kicks. I am lucky to be alive and so are many people i know. I mean are u people aware of street racers? what about people who take drugs all the time and do drive? ah i can't be fucked going on but even Dr shulgin drove off his head hardly seeing the road tripping balls.
back to bush doofs.

This reminds me of the people who just started using pills and think that without a second thought and argue they get the best pills that are pure mdma. A lot of people i know just give up arguing with them even if we recognise the pills from the piperazine thread or know better. Fragile ego's.

Last edited:
Drink driving is ridiculous but I have witnessed people blow 0.00 when they have been drinking lots. Its either a really fast metabolism naturally or I noticed dexamphetamine or illegal amphetamines can help this too. I've also seen people blow over the limit when they're very tolerant to alcohol but have drank only six beers the night before and got pulled over the next day when they have slept and feel fine and were driving normally.

In regards to free water being provided at events where tickets are sold.... umm yeah right, clubs don't provide you free (bottled) water and they get it right to their doorstep. What promoter would bring out hundreds of litres of water to provide to doofers. Some parties will have plumbing but it is a very small majority if you aren't just going to the big ones. If you are going into the bush you need to take water. Not like it is that hard to take enough for a weekend anyway.

They're allowed to make money from it. I never said they wouldn't. But in clubs theres always the bathroom and laws saying drinking water must be below or the same price as the cheapest drink there. I know when the anxiety is on for an event and you're getting everything sorted, sometimes you forget things.

Lol, Hunter S Thompson shouldn't be a role model, he was a psychotic nut who abused meth and coke, and shouldn't be a role model unless you want to blow your head off. :)

But yeah I agree most people do a lot more risky things in the drug world, and they probably won't admit it here. Some therapists and doctors I have known have done some far out things, but then tell a person to quit alcohol and cigarettes.

hmmm you might be onto something Heisenberg.
Found yourself a bush doof?

Well what do you do when you live past what you wanted to? what if you live ya life on the edge for so long and so high (up and down rollercoaster) that you are just burnt out. then maybe blowing ya head off not so bad. Maybe all those years of god forbid driving intoxicated made him racked with gilt. :0 lol

He should Pray to the One and ONLY LORD Christ JESUS then!!!!!!!!!

Deut 28:57;

and toward her afterbirth which issues from between her legs and toward her children whom she bears; for she will eat them secretly for lack of anything else, during the siege and the distress by which your enemy will oppress you in your towns.

He should follow the Good book, jesus these bible bashers are real fucking sickos actually.

Last edited:
I would have to agree that most drug users I know don't care about harm reduction. Or aren't informed at all, and there is a fair few more who do actually know a fair bit but just don't care. The people interested in HR are few and far between.

True

No, why Mildura? The kid killer?

I enjoy rain, the sea and green grass wayyyyyyyyyyy too much to live there. Also, my friends are a little more vintage than that!

Sadly, it happens all over the world and the more you live, the more you realise it could have been you or more people close to you.

If someones trying to get behind the wheel, do what you can to stop them and if that fails, call the cops. They'll hate you but it's better than that knock at the door or phone call, that's for sure!

I would have to agree that most drug users I know don't care about harm reduction. Or aren't informed at all, and there is a fair few more who do actually know a fair bit but just don't care. The people interested in HR are few and far between.

True. I mean i sick of getting the answer from this question: what pill did you have?8) "ah fuck knows think it was blue not sure, it was ok" How long ago u have it? "oh about 8 hours ago and we still pingin hard..." well it must not have been mdma then.... " nah fuck off it was mdma!:p are they don't make pills like they used to most pills are shit these days..""nah no way we get sick pills":p:!
Every one reckon they get the best pills what happened to empathy and mdma openness?
I hate having arguments with people about drugs... a lot of stuff if it was said here they would get blasted and abused.
I hate when i find out that some of these BL'ers that are respected to know stuff just google and wiki stuff real fast and don't know shit.

Lol, Hunter S Thompson shouldn't be a role model, he was a psychotic nut who abused meth and coke, and shouldn't be a role model unless you want to blow your head off.

He was a lot more than that. A drug culture legend, and while I don't quite see him as a role model, he was and still is a hero to many. Thompson, above all else was someone who openly confronted and challenged the values of many aspects of middle American life in the sixties. He dared to attack politicians in a way that would land him in jail today, and he conveyed a well depicted message of hopelessness if change wasn’t to come. Here we are today, suffering in many ways because these changes to US policies didn’t come, or worse, policies did change but in the wrong direction, often heavily influenced by religious fundamentalism.

Of all his quotes, this one written ~1971 stands out to me because it recognised a great despair that signalled the subsiding of the movement for change. In context with his other writings, I believe it also reflected a major cause as Hunter saw it - The advent of the Nixon era.

From Fear and Lothing in Las Vegas

San Francisco in the middle sixties was a very special time and place to be a part of. Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run, but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant.

There was madness in any direction, at any hour. If not across the Bay, then up the Golden Gate or down 101 to Los Altos or La Honda. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.

And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - the place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Yet, in some ways the movement does continue, albeit often in a less political manner. I’m speaking of the worldwide doof and underground party movement, where alternative lifestyle choice isn’t so much argued for, it’s simply practiced. No doubt, that will always continue to be.

For a more in depth understanding of the HST, check out these movies/docs

Breakfast with Hunter

Buy the ticket, take the ride

and even have a look at Bill Murray's portrayal of Hunter in "Where the Buffalo Roam"

In response to Heisenberg's other comments, I must also add....

Euthanasia supporter and loud spoken Atheist here! One, who if he had his way would ban dogmatic religion outright and insist on treating it as the malady it is. This is coming from someone who studied Catholicism and most Christian religions first hand as a kid, and went on to complete the Boys Brigade program before being thrown out for persisting with difficult questions. Deciding none of it exactly added up, I then looked extensively into middle-eastern schools of thought and eastern philosophies for close on 20 years, practicing advanced meditation techniques as taught with occult sciences such as Hermetics and Quabbalah. While none were totally convincing, most offered a much more plausible explanation of God than did Christianity. But the answers were still not there. Contradictions everywhere, and a complete failure to reflect known and future discoveries in science - maybe not as bad as the bible, but bad enough for anyone who's honestly seeking the truth to look elsewhere. So, I went back to study science, and all was superbly and dare I say it, divinely explained, including the fear and indoctrination that leads so many people into believing such rubbish.

As a start towards curing that most terrible malady -dogmatic faith- I’d suggest a healthy dose of science. Try the easy to digest work of VS Ramachandran in relation to Temporal Lobe seizures and religious epiphany. You can find that presentation here on The Science Network program Beyond Belief. Also check out youtube. If you really understand science - and that means meditating for great lengths on the principles and laws of physical sciences - you can be cured, or at least be bent to agnostication, often the first step towards the complete cure - the Atheist's view of life, the universe and everthing. Science then, is truely wonderful - what more do you need? =D

Getting back to the original topic; Qld Harm Reduction groups do attend doofs when they are able to. RaveSafe is currently in-between funding, but hopefully we’ll be back on track soon. Last year, our group attended most major and minor psytrance related events around SEQ.

There are some interesting comparisons to be made between the average, regular doof patron and the typical patron attending a large one day festival. Most experienced doofers come prepared for their weekend away from home. They also tend to pace themselves better and very few end up needing assistance. While I’m not saying the same isn’t true of some patrons of one day events, the number of those intoxicated, and the level of intoxications are usually greater at one day events, where often the aim seems to be to get as out of it as possible, sometimes as early in the day as possible. At doofs it's the newbees that most often stumble; a new drug, too much of a drug, or simply too many drugs; often also accompanied by a typical gung-ho approach.

Many of the regulars on the other hand tend to save their main treats for a particular time/ act etc. The Sunday morning of a Fri-Sun festival often sees colourful and flamboyant dress-ups, and that for many people is the 'sacred moment'. Sure, experienced people at doofs need help occasionally, but in general, they know their drugs and what to do if something goes wrong.

There also tends to be greater support from old skool doofers towards the newbees. Apathy is sometimes there, but generally speaking, most regulars are keen to welcome newcomers to the scene, and they also want to see these people enjoy themselves and have a safe and rewarding experience.

As said, there tends to be more patrons at doofs who have a better understanding of their drug of choice. They also tend to ask if there's something they don't know or don't understand. Perhaps this is unique to Qld, and dare I say it, perhaps it's also got something to do with us having been around in one form or another for over ten years.

In addressing the general comments regarding the lack of knowledge among many drug takers today, I agree. Ten years ago, when we first began HR outreach, we were well equipped with HR information pamphlets. The number of patrons who would look at those then engage in conversation, indicated the effectiveness of these pamphlets in gaining the trust of patrons and encoraging further dialogue.

Possibly due to government policies designed to minimise any chance of sending the wrong messages, nowadays we aren’t supplied with such pamphlets. So, in a sense that “foot in the door” isn't there like it used to be. Nowadays, many of those seeking information are often quite well informed to begin with, and seek information on more novel or new drugs or interaction potentials with different drugs. Now, while there’s nothing wrong with that, overall compared to 10 years ago, there now seems to be more people taking the more common drugs who have little to no knowledge of Harm reduction, or the dangerous elements associated with those drugs. I can offer suggestion after suggestion as to why this has occurred (and have many times) and while it's important to realise where and why things went wrong, to change this situation the focus now really needs to be on how we are to improve things.

static_mind’s idea of youtube vids is a good start, only the content will have to be very carefully chosen as we need to appeal to all parties while still attracting interest from users. There also needs to be a continued HR presence at doofs. So, if and when our HR group is back 'online' I'll expect all those who’ve added their comments in this thread to be eager to sign up for a drug free weekend in the bush; that’s if you're really serious about reducing harm and promoting the HR message.

I hate when i find out that some of these BL'ers that are respected to know stuff just google and wiki stuff real fast and don't know shit.

Well, that's certainly better than spouting off about something without first checking the facts. How many peer reviewed articles do you see without references?

For a more in depth understanding of the HST, check out these movies/docs

Breakfast with Hunter

Buy the ticket, take the ride

and even have a look at Bill Murray's portrayal of Hunter in "Where the Buffalo Roam"

Another good one is> Gonzo: The Life and Work of Dr Hunter S. Thompson

I've watch all three doco's and the movie in the last few months and they are definitely worth looking at.

Just started on his book Hells Angels and so far it's looking good, hopefully its going to be as good as Kingdom of Fear.

I fully agree with the hunter quotes. I am a big fan of him he definitely inspired a lot of great adventures and a bible sometimes into crazy drug benders

Yeah that is definately his best quote he even thinks its the best thing he ever wrote: V
San Francisco in the middle sixties was a very special time and place to be a part of. Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run, but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant.

There was madness in any direction, at any hour. If not across the Bay, then up the Golden Gate or down 101 to Los Altos or La Honda. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.

And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - the place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Get his 5 CD audio tapes which includes the taper recordings from fear and loathing. I have read most his work and got his documentarys When I Die and GONZO which is great cause its got Johnny Depp narrating.

Yeah copy and pasting info is better than nothing but knocking it off as personal experience obtained martial is not cool. I would rather hear what people's knowledge is from; experiences and usage.

Not saying he wasn't very entertaining and actually protested (which ppl dont do these days)

There also needs to be a continued HR presence at doofs. So, if and when our HR group is back 'online' I'll expect all those who’ve added their comments in this thread to be eager to sign up for a drug free weekend in the bush; that’s if you're really serious about reducing harm and promoting the HR message.

For sure, sign me up :)

someone needs to rename this thread to 'invasion of the ill-informed hillbillies'

:X :X :X

JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T "FEEL" PISSED AFTER A 6-PACK DOESN'T MEAN YOUR B.A.C (READ: BLOOD ALCOHOL CONCENTRATION) HAS NOT BEEN AFFECTED!

Unless you have a tube at the bottom of your throat, attached to a caffeter to filter out all the booze, guess what? THERE IS ALCOHOL IN YOUR SYSTEM. PERIOD.

fuck me drunk. 8)