• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Questions re short term Gabapentin & Baclofen use/withdrawal

Balcofen really adds to the sedation of benzodiazepines for me.Im sure it potentates them and Ive heard that balcofen withdrawal can be life threatening.It would probably be quick with the short half life balcofen has...

If you’re out of Gabapeptin and serious about tapering off of it I’d get to a Dr ASAP and explain that to them. If that Dr doesn’t help you. Keep searching until you find one that will. There’s no point in putting your life in danger or going through the excruciating pain of withdrawals from any of these drugs when you can safely and pretty painlessly taper. I ended up with PTSD from cold turkey Klonopin taper once years ago. It’s nit worth it. Drs are there to help and if they see you are scared for your life and trying to do the right thing they will help you 9 times out of 10. If they don’t, the FUCK THAT DR, and go on to the next. I’m deadly serious when I say the pain and risk is not worth it as far as going cold turkey off Gabapentin,Baclofen, Benzos, Phenibut, etc etc. Any Gabapentinoid. You deserve to not go through that suffering. It can fuck your head up for ever with PTSD and similar things. It’s THAT painful. No joke!!! Best of luck and much love to all suffering and struggling. I’ll do anything I can to be helpful.

If you’re out of Gabapeptin and serious about tapering off of it I’d get to a Dr ASAP and explain that to them. If that Dr doesn’t help you. Keep searching until you find one that will. There’s no point in putting your life in danger or going through the excruciating pain of withdrawals from any of these drugs when you can safely and pretty painlessly taper. I ended up with PTSD from cold turkey Klonopin taper once years ago. It’s nit worth it. Drs are there to help and if they see you are scared for your life and trying to do the right thing they will help you 9 times out of 10. If they don’t, the FUCK THAT DR, and go on to the next. I’m deadly serious when I say the pain and risk is not worth it as far as going cold turkey off Gabapentin,Baclofen, Benzos, Phenibut, etc etc. Any Gabapentinoid. You deserve to not go through that suffering. It can fuck your head up for ever with PTSD and similar things. It’s THAT painful. No joke!!! Best of luck and much love to all suffering and struggling. I’ll do anything I can to be helpful.
Thanks man well my Dr called from out of town called me a refill in i just took a dose.Relief is coming my way.Thank God...

Actually gabapentin doesn't affect gaba receptors at all, it is a ligand that blocks VDCCs (voltage-dependent calcium channels)

This be true but gabapentinoids decrease concentrations of glutamate and noradrenaline which directly alter GABA levels in the brain. The drugs don't bind to GABA receptors but still have distinct downstream GABAergic effects. The withdrawal is too close to benzo style w/d for there to be no gabaergic quality to it.

The literature on these drugs is shitfully underwhelming and inaccurate imo. It's still claimed to be virtually non addictive and with a minor withdrawal syndrome. Simply not true for a lot of users. Most doctors know fuck all about this stuff besides the misinformation derived from the pharmaceutical giants who profit from this lucrative alternative to benzos and opiates.

Oddly enough, I don’t remember any panic or anxiety. It was the most altered state of mind I’ve ever experienced.

Was this from gabapentin?

Pregabalin withdrawal had me tripping out harder than any psychedelic I've touched. Utterly out of my mind. Couldn't figure out simple shit like pants and toothbrushing... horrendous experience that was incredibly traumatic.

This be true but gabapentinoids decrease concentrations of glutamate and noradrenaline which directly alter GABA levels in the brain. The drugs don't bind to GABA receptors but still have distinct downstream GABAergic effects. The withdrawal is too close to benzo style w/d for there to be no gabaergic quality to it.

The literature on these drugs is shitfully underwhelming and inaccurate imo. It's still claimed to be virtually non addictive and with a minor withdrawal syndrome. Simply not true for a lot of users. Most doctors know fuck all about this stuff besides the misinformation derived from the pharmaceutical giants who profit from this lucrative alternative to benzos and opiates.

Pregabalin withdrawal had me tripping out harder than any psychedelic I've touched. Utterly out of my mind. Couldn't figure out simple shit like pants and toothbrushing... horrendous experience that was incredibly traumatic.

Gabapentin withdrawal wasn’t so much anxiety as it was a distinct feeling of fear and dread.

I was detailing my experience of withdrawing from 80 mg baclofen (3 months), 1800 mg gabapentin (3 months), and 10 mg diazepam (years long benzo dependence, tapered down to 10 from 140 over 3 months)

I believe the majority of it was from the baclofen. And thinking back on it, it may have been 80 mg 3x day(240 mg total). I was being rx’d Bottles of baclofen so big my insurance refused to continue covering it. I mean it was hundreds and hundreds of the 20 mg pills for a month supply.

That doctor was retarded, backdown did absolutely nothing to help the benzo taper/withdrawal. Gabapentin on the other hand, despite being a vgcc blocker rather than gabaergenic, helps significantly.

Different substances, but yes, I felt like I was tripping hard from that withdrawal. Visuals, distorted thinking, inability to complete basic tasks (eg tried to serve myself dinner without a plate, just dumped the food on the counter).

Last edited:
Nothing touched gabaergic withdrawal- I can only imagine going through it with 3 at once!

I've found nothing really helps gabapentinoid withdrawal, not even high dose.opiates or benzos. Beta blockers help but increase the depression, amphetamines help the depression but increase the anxiety... only time helps but it takes weeks and weeks to resolve.

I've experienced benzo withdrawal psychosis and seizures- nothing as bad as pregabalin withdrawal cold turkey- physically, I was safe enough but with panic and anxiety and a feeling of utter dread that was impossible to cope with. I gave up after 4 days of no sleep and the inability to function in any way possible.

But yeah doc, this shit isn't addictive ? yeah right.

Thanks man well my Dr called from out of town called me a refill in i just took a dose.Relief is coming my way.Thank God...
Nice!!! I’m so glad to hear. I’ve never tapered Gabapentin, but considering it takes pretty high doses just like Phenibut to get effects that are similarly powerful I’d assume that a taper of 300mg/every 3 or 4 days would get you off of it without any noticeable withdrawals, or at least very minimal withdrawals. That’s how I tapered Phenibut and I had absolutely zero withdrawal symptoms including when I jumped from 300mg/day to zero.

Now one thing to consider is that Gabapentin, like Phenibut, has a pretty short half life of 5-7 hours. So, in order to avoid interdose withdrawals I would divide your doses equally into 2 doses per day. For example when I tapered Phenibut if I was at say 2100mg/day and my pills were 300mg capsules, that’s 7 capsules per day. I would take 3 capsules in the morning when I got up and then take 4 capsules at night after dinner or before bed. Then when I would decrease my daily dose to 1800mg/day which would be 6 capsules a day, I’d just take 3 in the morning and 3 at night. If you do it this way you should be able to avoid any interdose withdrawals. Now others here on Bluelight will tell you to just take them all at once. Considering the half life is only 5 or so hours I think that is bad advice and the method I described above worked perfectly for me. For a more detailed description of how I tapered please read the later posts in this thread I did when I was doing the taper...

How much Gabapentin are you taking a day? The reason I ask is because I would start your taper at the lowest dose possible where you don’t have withdrawal symptoms. Now I know that Phenibut and Gabapentin are different drugs and therefore have different withdrawal profiles, but if you read the thread I posted above you’ll see that I was able to decrease from 10,000mg/day of Phenibut to something like 3,000 or 4,000/mg day without any withdrawal symptoms. I don’t know if that will work with Gabapentin but it might be worth exploring what the lowest dose per day is that doesn’t give you withdrawal symptoms and staying at that dose for a week or 10 days before starting the rest of your taper. May as well get it as low as possible before going forward. That way you get it over with as soon as possible.

Now I’m not a Dr and if your Dr gave you very specific withdrawal directions you should probably follow what your Dr said.

I I’m so so glad you got a Dr to help you. You can do this and I believe you can do it with zero pain or discomfort. I wish you all the best and if you have any questions please feel free to hit me up or post them on this thread. Best of luck! You got this!!!!!! Much love and positive vibes being sent your way!!!

Word!!!!! Drs know Jack shit about these drugs!

Gabapentin withdrawal wasn’t so much anxiety as it was a distinct feeling of fear and dread.

I was detailing my experience of withdrawing from 80 mg baclofen (3 months), 1800 mg gabapentin (3 months), and 10 mg diazepam (years long benzo dependence, tapered down to 10 from 140 over 3 months)

I believe the majority of it was from the baclofen. And thinking back on it, it may have been 80 mg 3x day(240 mg total). I was being rx’d Bottles of baclofen so big my insurance refused to continue covering it. I mean it was hundreds and hundreds of the 20 mg pills for a month supply.

That doctor was retarded, backdown did absolutely nothing to help the benzo taper/withdrawal. Gabapentin on the other hand, despite being a vgcc blocker rather than gabaergenic, helps significantly.

Different substances, but yes, I felt like I was tripping hard from that withdrawal. Visuals, distorted thinking, inability to complete basic tasks (eg tried to serve myself dinner without a plate, just dumped the food on the counter).
HOLY HELL!!!! I can’t imagine! I’m glad you made it through! Hopefully without PTSD or some other mind fuck. Stay strong my anonymous friend.

Nice!!! I’m so glad to hear. I’ve never tapered Gabapentin, but considering it takes pretty high doses just like Phenibut to get effects that are similarly powerful I’d assume that a taper of 300mg/every 3 or 4 days would get you off of it without any noticeable withdrawals, or at least very minimal withdrawals. That’s how I tapered Phenibut and I had absolutely zero withdrawal symptoms including when I jumped from 300mg/day to zero.

Now one thing to consider is that Gabapentin, like Phenibut, has a pretty short half life of 5-7 hours. So, in order to avoid interdose withdrawals I would divide your doses equally into 2 doses per day. For example when I tapered Phenibut if I was at say 2100mg/day and my pills were 300mg capsules, that’s 7 capsules per day. I would take 3 capsules in the morning when I got up and then take 4 capsules at night after dinner or before bed. Then when I would decrease my daily dose to 1800mg/day which would be 6 capsules a day, I’d just take 3 in the morning and 3 at night. If you do it this way you should be able to avoid any interdose withdrawals. Now others here on Bluelight will tell you to just take them all at once. Considering the half life is only 5 or so hours I think that is bad advice and the method I described above worked perfectly for me. For a more detailed description of how I tapered please read the later posts in this thread I did when I was doing the taper...

How much Gabapentin are you taking a day? The reason I ask is because I would start your taper at the lowest dose possible where you don’t have withdrawal symptoms. Now I know that Phenibut and Gabapentin are different drugs and therefore have different withdrawal profiles, but if you read the thread I posted above you’ll see that I was able to decrease from 10,000mg/day of Phenibut to something like 3,000 or 4,000/mg day without any withdrawal symptoms. I don’t know if that will work with Gabapentin but it might be worth exploring what the lowest dose per day is that doesn’t give you withdrawal symptoms and staying at that dose for a week or 10 days before starting the rest of your taper. May as well get it as low as possible before going forward. That way you get it over with as soon as possible.

Now I’m not a Dr and if your Dr gave you very specific withdrawal directions you should probably follow what your Dr said.

I I’m so so glad you got a Dr to help you. You can do this and I believe you can do it with zero pain or discomfort. I wish you all the best and if you have any questions please feel free to hit me up or post them on this thread. Best of luck! You got this!!!!!! Much love and positive vibes being sent your way!!!
Yea i was taking to 4800mgs of Gabapentin.Sometimes more.But today im only taking 1500 mgs of it Ive had some body aches but nothing a little bit of Kratom cant help.How is phenibut is it more recreational than gabapentin and does it help with pain? I heard it can pack a bad hangover with headache and nausea is that true?Thanks for your help youve been more than kind.Good vibes to u

Nothing touched gabaergic withdrawal- I can only imagine going through it with 3 at once!

I've found nothing really helps gabapentinoid withdrawal, not even high dose.opiates or benzos. Beta blockers help but increase the depression, amphetamines help the depression but increase the anxiety... only time helps but it takes weeks and weeks to resolve.

I've experienced benzo withdrawal psychosis and seizures- nothing as bad as pregabalin withdrawal cold turkey- physically, I was safe enough but with panic and anxiety and a feeling of utter dread that was impossible to cope with. I gave up after 4 days of no sleep and the inability to function in any way possible.

But yeah doc, this shit isn't addictive ? yeah right.
Yea there full of shit.They just want to cover their ass and prescribe it alot of times instead of opiates or benzos.Because gabapentin isnt controlled and Pregablin is schedule V

Yea there full of shit.They just want to cover their ass and prescribe it alot of times instead of opiates or benzos.Because gabapentin isnt controlled and Pregablin is schedule V
I’m not sure why, but Phenibut packs a punch that I can’t really compare to another drug. It makes music sound amazing, similar to MDMA. It makes the libido strong as hell. It gives a good bit of anxiety reduction but also gives a bit of an energy buzz. It can be fairly euphoric too at high doses. It’s a weird drug. It will also knock you the fuck out and make you sleep long and deep. Strange shit. The problem with it is that it causes tolerance immediately. Like in 1 day. If you take 3,000 mg one day, you have to take at least 4,000 the next day to get the same effects. The extremely dangerous thing about Phenibut is that it causes physical dependence in about 3-4 days. If you take it for 4 days you will feel withdrawals the next day. It’s horrible. It’s a very dangerous drug for anyone who struggles with chemical dependency or addiction. Don’t do it is my advice. I’ve had some light hangovers from it but nothing major in my experience. Even though the half life is short the effects can last for up to 24 hours. Plus I usually just took more in the morning. Not good. Alcohol is the worst hangover I’ve ever experienced, but opiates and cocaine and MDMA can def do it too, from my experience.

Kratom is a terrible drug too, although many people on here will dispute that fact. Read my Kratom post about how I became extremely physically dependent on it and had to go on Suboxone to get off of it. It hits the opiate receptors and can cause withdrawals similar to heroin withdrawals. Anyone who disputes this fact has no idea what they’re talking about. It doesn’t get you as high as heroin or other medically prescribed opiates but it can be just as devastating. Here’s my post...please read it before you continue taking a Kratom.

Anyway, so you’re down to 1500mg/day!!! That’s s great, nice and low starting point. I would stick at that dose for at least a week or even longer, maybe 10 days or 2 weeks, just to make sure your body/brain is all evened out. Especially considering you were taking doses as high as 4800mg/day. It’s worth it to just feel good man! No point in experiencing any pain and suffering if you don’t need to. You deserve to be pain free! So if you’re at 1500mg/day and your capsules are 300, that means you’re taking only 5 capsules a day! That’s great. So, I would take 2 in the morning and then 3 at night. That way you won’t experience interdose withdrawals. You decrease every 3 days and you’re FREE in 18 days+ your stay at 15mg while you even out. You could be totally off in about a month. That’s huge!!! It took me like 2 1/2-3 months to get off Phenibut. Just stick to the taper no matter what!! If you have to ride it out for an extra day or two at some point to avoid withdrawals then go ahead and do it, but get back to the 3-4 day drops ASAP. You got this!! Off to a great start!!! Keep it going!! Positive vibes your way!!!

The reason phenibut is such a versatile drug is because in addition to blocking voltage dependent calcium channels (like gabapentin and lyrica), it also agonizes the GABA-B receptors (like GHB). So it kind of combines the worlds of GHB and gabapentin together into one drug. I have been using it for 13 years on and off, I just make sure to only dose it once a week, or at my highest relatively sustainable rate, every 3 days. After doing once every 3 days for a long while I had some physical dependence but I find phenibut easier to taper off than other things because it lasts so long (about 24 hours). It's one of my absolute favorite drugs. A lot of people say it's a shit drug because they're trying to dose it every day. But yeah it's dangerous to get involved with because if you're the type who is going to dose it every day, you really don't want to be heavily addicted to it.

The reason phenibut is such a versatile drug is because in addition to blocking voltage dependent calcium channels (like gabapentin and lyrica), it also agonizes the GABA-B receptors (like GHB). So it kind of combines the worlds of GHB and gabapentin together into one drug. I have been using it for 13 years on and off, I just make sure to only dose it once a week, or at my highest relatively sustainable rate, every 3 days. After doing once every 3 days for a long while I had some physical dependence but I find phenibut easier to taper off than other things because it lasts so long (about 24 hours). It's one of my absolute favorite drugs. A lot of people say it's a shit drug because they're trying to dose it every day. But yeah it's dangerous to get involved with because if you're the type who is going to dose it every day, you really don't want to be heavily addicted to it.
Right on Shadowmeister. Thanks for the info about the pharmacological effects. Very interesting. Really appreciate your support regarding its dangers too. Fun drug, but very dangerous IMO. Take care.

Not to be gross, but over 80% of the Baclofen you ingest is excreted in the urine...so if you're really in withdrawal or running out, you could always...
I have a couple of friends for whom this worked very well between getting batches of bac.

Not to be gross, but over 80% of the Baclofen you ingest is excreted in the urine...so if you're really in withdrawal or running out, you could always...
I have a couple of friends for whom this worked very well between getting batches of bac.
Hahaha....what?? Sorry, I missed the implied meaning there. Just piss your brains out by consuming tons of water and Gatorade? Or something else??
???

Hahaha....what?? Sorry, I missed the implied meaning there. Just piss your brains out by consuming tons of water and Gatorade? Or something else??
???

I meant drink your urine haha. Baclofen withdrawal can be dangerous and extremely unpleasant. Since 85% of it is excreted in your urine you could keep yourself out of withdrawal by consuming your pee. Plus, because each time you drank it the amount of baclofen in it would decrease by 15%, it makes an actually decent way to taper off.

I think you should publish a new baclofen tapering method, it sounds quite sound. ;)

I take 60MG of Bacolfen and 1200MG of GABAPentin which I take another dose an Hour after the 1200MG GABAPentin the Tolerance rises fast but not to the therapeutic effects like the person said. When I first got Baclofen I had a friend coming over and he said he was banging on my windows and stuff and thought I was dead or something O.D. because I was passed out cold from the Baclofen since it has a nice relaxing effect at 40MG to 60MG and by itself I'd say without a tolerance it willl definitely make u sleepy but with a tolerance it only seems to make me sleepy because it mixes well with the GABAPenitn.

The point is I have been using huge doses of GABAPentin AND Baclofen Daily and I cold turkey ALL THE TIME so it all depends on the person and how your body works whether or not your even going to experience withdrawal since for some reason that I can't explain even after say 48 Hours after not using my normal usual 60MG Baclofen Nightly Sleeping Dose I don't experience Withdrawal Symptoms same with the huge doses of GABApentin so...