• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Products containing DXM and which ones to avoid...

I haven't heard of anyone being 'lost' to DXM. Like everything use in moderation but I agree that people should educate themselves as much as possible BEFORE they try something and that is why we are so lucky to have sites such as bluelight

OK so I just picked me up a bottle of Robitussin DX 200mL and am planning on consuming it tomorrow.

I have never tried DXM and thought I would give it a go, what I am wanting to know is how much should I take? I am thinking of taking 100mL to start off with and maybe work my way up.

I have got a fair bit of experience with other psychedelics so I should be right on high doses of this I should think.

What is DXM like compared to other psychedelics like LSD and 2c-e??

It's more confusing and not as visual I found... it spaced me out. At lower doses it's a bit like being drunk, as you get higher you become more dissociated though. I didn't experiment too much with it as DXM wasn't really for me.

Yeah I just want to try it and see how it goes... I probably won't touch it ever again after that.

Reckon I could mix LSD with it hehehehe that would be one hell of a ride I should imagine.

Hmmm I think I might have to do it would you like to babysit me Mr Blonde???

Nah just kidding I don't think I will try it LSD has really been playing with my head lately so giving it a break for a little while.

Are there any after effects from DXM? Like scattered the next day or anything? If their is I might try it tonight instead...

Can you mix it with tramadol as well cause I have eaten 400mg of that at 2:00pm today also...

Not a good idea to mix with tramadol, since tram has SSRI effects and SSRIs with DXM can lead to serotonin syndrome.

Next day I felt hungover and a bit out of it still, but managed to work OK, just didn't talk much. :D

OK I won't take any tonight then. I'll just take it during the day tomorrow so I can get a good sleep and try and fight off the hangover for TAFE on Thursday.

Never really enjoyed LSD with DXM...the stimulant side of the LSD makes things rather uncomfortable. Shrooms on the other hand go perfectly.

As Mr. Blonde said, don't mix it with tramadol or u'll get serotonin syndrome. I weigh about 78kg and I never really felt DXM until I took at least 600mg, but then again it takes a lot of most substances to get me going. In my opinion DXM sucks without smoking bud, so I would definitely recommend having a bong around to toke on during the high if ur into that kind of thing. Have fun.

Edit: Also I forgot to say make sure ur in a comfortable environment with no parents around while you do it or it can really ruin the trip. It often makes me too scared to go to the toilet cause I'm worried one of my folks will see me, so I only do it when away.

so like, i dont know if this question has been answered fully.
you guys wouldnt reccomend trying to get the DXM trip out of Benadryl?

Don't use Benadryl, you will get nausea and the shits really badly. Sorbitol is not fun on DXM.

Bearable in Rikodeine (dihydrocodeine) because of the constipating effect of the opioid.

robotussin is the only way to go?
i saw that in the pharmacy in my area, im interested in the stuff... im an experimental sort of person

Yes the Robitussin DX is the only way to be safe, although in saying that doing it at all isn't safe, make sure you're in a comfortable environment and start small.

agnu I have never said i was an authority on this. As far as your friends abuse of DXM ( and 3500mgs sounds above the LD50) he sounds like the type who if he haden't abused DxM would have found some other cheap way to do damage to himself. Scaremongering has done nothing in the past to stop a drug from becoming popular, I am sorry your friend may have suffered long term damage but that shouldn't responsible use in moderation.

[EDIT: No one's abusing you, chill out. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried using Benadryl once, even with a low dose of 300mg still spent the majority of the trip on the toilet, sucked. Kinda annoying because Benadryl is IMO the easiest to drink.

^ I agree with your sentiment, but I don't think DXM is a problem for that many people though. It's appeal is minimal at best for me and most people I know, but I can see how some people may have problems with it.

Check out the episode of 'Intervention', I think the guy was called Ben and he was a DXM addict. Kinda sad episode actually.

robitussin DX, the pastel green coloured label/box is the 100% dxm, no other ingredients that are bad for you(well except maybe glucose). This is the way i use to get my dxm and i never vommited from chugging it except once when i tried to down 2 bottles in a row.