• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OTC Loperamide for Withdrawal... Amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lope doesn't seem to cut it for me but I have to be screwing up dosage wise as I've seen hard core users get relief. I take 8 x 2, 16mg total . Did nothing really.

If like to try a multi prong approach. I use OTC t1 CWE and kratom as well as Ativan and gravol as needed. I have hydroxyxine / Benedryl but they exacerbate the RLS .

I would like to take the minimum dose possible for moderate 8-12h relief. My darling unicorn's situation is 160mg oxy or 48-60mg dilly. Please advise.

PS is a runny nose common for WD? Wondering if it's a cold or WD. Usually get the yawning/watery eyes/ anxiety followed by RLS , fever & chills, and the sweats, with nausea. Don't recall a runny nose.

Your dose is way too low. I suggest a minimum of 50mg of lope. You don't have to add anything else. I experimented with 96mg (mega dose) about 3 weeks ago. First time i ever tried lope for withdrawals . It hit me hard and got a slight buzz from it. Body high not mental really . But it did get rid of 100% if the withdrawal symptoms . And amazingly got rid of the mental withdrawals aswell. I was contempt with life. But it took like 5 hours to work to that magic point. So it works. You just have to take a large amount. Right now I'm at day 5 of no opiates. And been dosing witj 48mg every day at 9am. I have NOT felt any withdrawals to this point . So for me, this is the holy grail of a opiate withdrawal cure. No kidding. For 8 years i have tortured myself running out of meds early and suffering. Now i am prepared . I read lope gives its own withdrawals so I have to be careful. Im cutting the dosage in half as the days go by and eventually hit 0mg. So im very pleased with the results. I sure dont miss the mental agony of deep dark depression opiates give once ypu quit. Lolol. Also.. im sleeping well. So happy i tried this.

Well I got more Imodium , took 12 for total of 24mg, I have to say no sweats no RLS slept most if the night !
However as bad luck would hv it my WD seems to complicates by the flu -runny nose, headache, myalgic, excessive fatigue, sore throat. Watery eyes, congestion.

I realize some of these symptoms can go either way but the most obvious for me in WD is no sleep, RLS, yawning. Anxiety of which I have none.

Will be trying a sudafed for the nose and the Imodium for the peripheral WD effects and hope it continues to help.

Only hVe a 48 now as wasn't up to shopping so dh got the monster box-- the biggest outside costco. Couldn't tell him I may need 2 x industrial boxes by the end of this lol

Well I got more Imodium , took 12 for total of 24mg, I have to say no sweats no RLS slept most if the night !
However as bad luck would hv it my WD seems to complicates by the flu -runny nose, headache, myalgic, excessive fatigue, sore throat. Watery eyes, congestion.

I realize some of these symptoms can go either way but the most obvious for me in WD is no sleep, RLS, yawning. Anxiety of which I have none.

Will be trying a sudafed for the nose and the Imodium for the peripheral WD effects and hope it continues to help.

Only hVe a 48 now as wasn't up to shopping so dh got the monster box-- the biggest outside costco. Couldn't tell him I may need 2 x industrial boxes by the end of this lol

dose at 48mg if you are wiling. That's what worked for me. I had zero withdrawals . Im so pleased with results. And YES, i was able to sleep so good! I dont know .... but lope made me sleep sooo comfy. Even with sleeping pills i have never slept so good. Today was my first day of no lope since i took it for a while week to help through the worst part of detox. I feel normal. :)

Btw.. lots of people are wondering if lope just prolongs the inevitable. Ill have a good honest answer by tomorrow or Tuesday.

Crazy frog and others, what I noticed with lope is that relief from peripheral WD symptoms, while great, is not even the best effect. What I noticed is lope stops the voice in your head telling you to dose. It just shut off the craving , somehow.

.... One should not have to use loperamide.

Instead, People should be able to have any opioids they want to treat their various medical conditions that opioids treat

Opioids should be over the counter for $5.00 per bottle of 100 tablets

The extremist Authoritarian governments are saturated with darkness & evil, and 100% of all nations on earth (196 nations) are Authoritarian-Collectivist-based and are saturated with darkness & evil. The restriction of opioid medication is not the only dark & evil thing these 196 governments do. There are thousands of other dark & evil laws & actions they take.

The dark & evil governments enforce and back their Demonic-Authoritarianism with deadly force using automatic weapons. The people who are in these governments are never imprisoned for their dark & evil actions which number in the multiple thousands.

All one has to do to derail and oppose this truth I have stated, is to simply reply to me and falsely-claim I have stated a political opinion, instead of me just using logic to state the objective factual truth. Those with Stockholm-Syndrome can very easily oppose this reply & support their dark & evil captors instead of supporting this reply I made.

Also another thing they can do is simply say that my reply is off-topic, and that it has ruined the entire thread, and that they are so upset that there are very occasional rare replies that are slightly-off topic, that they are having a panic attack and need to take valium, and that I need to have an infraction added to my account, because, afterall, 0.01% replies being off topic is far FAR too many, it has to be 0.00% instead. Or else the world will end.

Oh No, I made a reply that is slightly off topic, which happens 0.01% of the time on forums. Lets all panic now, the world is going to end. we MUST have 0.00% of all replies be Slightly-partially-off topic, instead of 0.01%

the number MUST be 0.00 instead of 0.01. its a MUST! 0.01% is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE AND CANNOT BE HANDLED!

Well, maybe it might be ok if 0.01% of all replies are Partially-Slightly-Off Topic. Maybe we can tolerate that small number, who knows.

Btw.. lots of people are wondering if lope just prolongs the inevitable. Ill have a good honest answer by tomorrow or Tuesday.

Yes it does, it is just a replacement "therapy" to be used in between days when you cannot get your DOC or to do a slow, cheap, OTC Taper. It is an opioid, it is not a miracle cure for withdrawals... that does not exist (but I believe it lies somewhere between Lyrica and Gabapentin but I digress)

Loperamide is an opioid you are still doing opiates and feeding your addiction, it's just cheap and easy to taper down with Imodium then it is with your favorite drug that you want to gobble up as much as possible, and the lack of a high also attributes to it's efficiency because it lowers the possibility for abuse (even tho some people will not heed this advice and to their less than better judgement tried to get high when they were opiate-naive and ended up losing their lives, may they rest in peace)

Loperamide CAN be used to taper successfully, I can incredibly close before I relapsed on H but it carried me, nearly withdrawal free (completely withdrawal free with benzos and gabapentin) for 2 weeks as I went 40mg-38mg-36mg, dropping one pill a day... the key to any taper is PATIENCE AND TAKE IT SLOW AND COMFORTABLE. You start jumping 10mg+ between doses and jump off at like 36mg you're still going to hurt... drop down one pill a day and after you take that last pill the worst you'll have is residual yawns and teary eyes and the occasional chill but that's just your body acclimating back to normal... you've been numb and synthetically warm for too long, so you're body is changing and change isn't easy.

.... One should not have to use loperamide.

Instead, People should be able to have any opioids they want to treat their various medical conditions that opioids treat

Opioids should be over the counter for $5.00 per bottle of 100 tablets

This is a horrible, horrible idea and would totally not do ANY good for human kind. The best option would be to eradicate all opiates/opium/poppy plants and make it extinct and shift to more natural ways to deal with physical pain, or alternatives (marijuana for one is making itself more mainstream known, Gabapentin/Pregabalin are both also strong competitors) not to mention the myriad natural/homeopathic ways to heal (yoga, physical rehab, acupuncture, natural herbs, vitamins & supplements, massages etc)

Opiates should only be used in hospital settings and not distributed like candy to anyone who feels a wee bit of pain and then you have these "Pain Management Doctors" who are just opiate drug dealers... No. Opiates are a wretched wretched thing. Oh but I love/hate them so... humans.. we are but contradictions of ourselves, thus why we die.

New here today but have been browsing for a while. I an currently on day 5 of a withdrawal from using tramadol for over 5 years and hydrocodone for the last 6 months. I'm feeling ok except for this creepy crawly feeling all over. How much lope would it take to suppress these feelings just so I can relax a little? Other than that I think I'm ok.

Silver, how much hydro?

I use around 160-200mg oxy and 12 pills holds me (24mg). Try that and give a good 3-4 hours before using more. It works!

I was doing 1000 to 1200mg of tramadol a day for years till the online stuff dried up. Started buying hydro on the street doing anywhere from 80 to 100mg a day which took some getting used to. I feel pretty good until bedtime then my muscles will not stop crawling. I took a ton of lope today but still feel pretty wired. Maybe this is as good as it gets for me. Anyone tried the kratom capsules called Phoria from the convenience stores? What kind of results?

IMO lope beats the heck out of kratom, plus kratom from corner stores is usually garbage.
Are you in Canada? If so you could do codeine T1 CWE.
How much is a ton of lope? No offense but people with large H habits are held nicely with the right dose of lope, so it could be you didn't take enough .
Do you have access to benzos? You may find that a couple Ativan at bedtime dovetail nicely with your lope therapy.

I took two doses of lope about 4 hours apart about 20 each time. I tried the kratom caps and got nothing. I just figured I was one of the ones it had no effect on. I may just have to ride out the twitches but it sure helps having someone to talk to that's been there done that.Thanks

get a script for lyrica and drop the lope, take it for like 10 days and you will be good as gold

That's like gabapentin right? I actually have a big script for that for sciatica but the suggested dose had no effect at all. Is it safe to do more at a time? Whats your opinion on that?

depends on how you define more, but yes....i dont find the gaba as good as the pregab but it works differently for me, that may not be the case.

Yes it does, it is just a replacement "therapy" to be used in between days when you cannot get your DOC or to do a slow, cheap, OTC Taper. It is an opioid, it is not a miracle cure for withdrawals... that does not exist (but I believe it lies somewhere between Lyrica and Gabapentin but I digress)

Loperamide is an opioid you are still doing opiates and feeding your addiction, it's just cheap and easy to taper down with Imodium then it is with your favorite drug that you want to gobble up as much as possible, and the lack of a high also attributes to it's efficiency because it lowers the possibility for abuse (even tho some people will not heed this advice and to their less than better judgement tried to get high when they were opiate-naive and ended up losing their lives, may they rest in peace)

Loperamide CAN be used to taper successfully, I can incredibly close before I relapsed on H but it carried me, nearly withdrawal free (completely withdrawal free with benzos and gabapentin) for 2 weeks as I went 40mg-38mg-36mg, dropping one pill a day... the key to any taper is PATIENCE AND TAKE IT SLOW AND COMFORTABLE. You start jumping 10mg+ between doses and jump off at like 36mg you're still going to hurt... drop down one pill a day and after you take that last pill the worst you'll have is residual yawns and teary eyes and the occasional chill but that's just your body acclimating back to normal... you've been numb and synthetically warm for too long, so you're body is changing and change isn't easy.

Seems like you might be correct. I've been wd free and tapering off lope for 12 days. Only time u got any wd was on day 9 when i was off lope for 2 days. I got hot flashes and slight depression. So on day 9 i dosed again with 36mg of only lope. Well its day 12 and didn't dose today and feeling 95% normal with no wd. If i get hit flashes and emotional then i can be sure the lope has prolongedbthe wd. But! The symptoms are nit extreme so thats a plus.

This is a horrible, horrible idea and would totally not do ANY good for human kind. The best option would be to eradicate all opiates/opium/poppy plants and make it extinct and shift to more natural ways to deal with physical pain, or alternatives (marijuana for one is making itself more mainstream known, Gabapentin/Pregabalin are both also strong competitors) not to mention the myriad natural/homeopathic ways to heal (yoga, physical rehab, acupuncture, natural herbs, vitamins & supplements, massages etc)

Opiates should only be used in hospital settings and not distributed like candy to anyone who feels a wee bit of pain and then you have these "Pain Management Doctors" who are just opiate drug dealers... No. Opiates are a wretched wretched thing. Oh but I love/hate them so... humans.. we are but contradictions of ourselves, thus why we die.
unfortunately i have to agree . As much as i LOVE hydro, i think it should be eliminated completely. It's for the good of humanity. Hahaha.. and i looove hydros.

I was doing 1000 to 1200mg of tramadol a day for years till the online stuff dried up. Started buying hydro on the street doing anywhere from 80 to 100mg a day which took some getting used to. I feel pretty good until bedtime then my muscles will not stop crawling. I took a ton of lope today but still feel pretty wired. Maybe this is as good as it gets for me. Anyone tried the kratom capsules called Phoria from the convenience stores? What kind of results?

lope is only good for severe opiate withdrawals like hot flashes, emotional distress , diahrrea , body ache, rls and etc. It gets rid of all of it. It does get you very tired after about 1 1/2 hours but in about 4 hours yoy feel all the symptons go away. Maybe you dosed too little? I use no less than 48mg. That's my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.