• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Move to Ban Meth Pipes in Victoria - Herald Sun - 12/01/03

So was banning meth pipes and printing articles filled with rubbish.
At least I keep my harshness to internet discussion forums!
But yeah, I can see your point ;)

Fry-d- said:
But if you didn't know the pipe existed you wouldn't be looking for the meth.
i tried smoking meth long b4 "ice" came round. i never used anything other than a lightbulb or foil back then. didnt even know if you could buy a crack pipe or the like.
banning pipes would do zero to the trade.
i agree meth smoking is a dangerous habit. and i too am aware of the wards of paranoid freaks... never happenned to me tho.

the first article has recieved excellent paragraph by paragraph debunking, but the message in general is one that should be talked about so alls welcome.
cheers journo
welcome to bluelight.

Last edited:
^^^Yep, now instead of smoking we can all IV meth!!! While I don't hold anything against people who do it, I certaintly don't believe it is the 'preferred' method of administration when coming to down to meth use...
*sigh*

OT: Due to Meth being HIGHLY caustic, does it fuck up your veins the same way smoking it regularly can rot out your teeth & gums????

agnte: could you please ask your journo mate if he could continue to voice his idea's on this thread?
We do agree (especially I'm to blame) that we came across a little strong. But I guess we're (responsible users) just sick to death of being fucked in the ass and made to look like evil junkies who aim at getting 10 year old hooked on gak.

I'm sure that if he came back this thread could flourish and become highly interesting.

^ yeah same when i started smoking meth, foil was the only method i was aware of, then i smoked on shards of broken glass, then i discovered light bulbs, finaly i discovered those little glass pipes can be used to smoke meth! Now thanks to Doctors always promoting the use and sexyness of needles they are my prefered method, well they and my parents always told me not to be a scardey-cat!

And if we do have an increase in IV use of meth, who will take the blame?

What's the bet it won't be the pigeon eyed proponents who are responsible for banning pipes!

You may have taken away the ease of a social "ritual" but don't forget that in certain circles, shooting up is regarded much the same. Anticipation from watching others, waiting your turn, excitement growing as your turn gets closer..... Let's just hope it doesn't receive the same social acceptance level as smoking rock recently has.

But it could. A concentrated meth solution, via subcutaneous administration from a very small syringe, could easily be seens as being just as stylish. We aren't talking mainlining here, but rather the pin-prick of a syringe half the size of a pipe. I just think any moves to prohibit, in todays world of knowledge and desire for discovery, have to be considered very carefully.

It just seems all too easy for politicians to remain unaccountable for consequences due to such moves. Good intention, and the rhetorical it was going to happen anyway, just doesn't hold water IMO. Demographics may indicate association of said legislation if outcomes are negative, but who'll take the blame?

The principle, and reproachable responsibility should always fall on the instigators and their reasonings.

From juvenile dissidents to war criminals - it seems to for everyone else 8)

Last edited:
If I couldn't buy ice pipes, and didn't have one anymore... I would probably IV it.

When it comes down to it, smoking and IV are the two methods that provide the rush. I don't want to be smoking off foil, or out of a lightbulb!

:(

Well looks like I'll be rewinding Pulp Fiction from the coke insufflation scene to the heroin shooting up scene... there is a new sexiness !

:p

hi!!!
does anyone know the exact date the ICE pipes are banned from being sold in melbourne? (actually meth pipes if you want my opinion..and im an expert as im from notorious TOORAK) :) he he
i know the good old.. always on the ball...up with the times HERALD SUN says they aready are but i would have thought the retailers must have been given a cut off date... some time in the not too distant future?? im probably wrong so thought this would be a good place to enquire.

pretty sad life... im from TOORAK.... you know ICE CENTRAL.... (which i must say amuses me to hear as never actually got anything from toorak.... nowhere this side of the yarra!)

go on herald sun.... educate us a bit more....
being so good at giving details and pictures of what NOT to do.. and at the same time tipping ppl off so they know what they will look for as they shouldnt..

put a map of toorak on the front page tomorrow... with the alltime favourite photo of the pipe (complete with air bubbles-dodgy quality.. REFUND PLS....$50-NOT) and aqua blue bic lighter (never seen one this colour...quite nice ;) that i believe has appeared in every edition of the herald sun for the last few weeks )

just so things are a bit clearer for us psychotic people..
sorry... bit side tracked....

so to the purpose of this post again:

IS THERE AN ACTUAL DATE THAT RETAILERS IN MELBOURNE MUST HAVE PIPES OFF THE SHELF AND UNABLE TO SELL THEM? have a feeling they may have a few days but we are not meant to know this... anyone confirm this?

shall have to take extra care in cleaning my remaining 5 pipes.... DAMN :)
GOD IM LATE... shall leave you all to it....

BYE and thanks

So if they "are banned" in VIC, but while other states still provides them, it is "allowed" for these "tobaccosit shops" based interstate to set up "mail order services"?

Is the VIC only banning shops selling them, but it's not illegal to process them am I correct or wrong?

I see them everywhere in my state.

i have no idea of details.. i have been wondering the same myself.. i can only assume that it would not be advisable to be caught with one as they are illegal to sell, therefore i guess illegal to own..(use)
if your found with one on you, that would give certain authority figures in our community an excuse to conduct a search as they have been banned due to the fact that they only have one use.. which is 100% illegal.
im sure that travelling interstate is imminent in the not to distant future for me.... he he

Maybe they are not illegal to possess..xrated movies are illegal to sell in NSW but not illegal to own..there would be others examples of this i'm sure.

Cheers
MD

^^...only so long as they had not been used. It is absolutely impossible to clean a pipe sufficiently so as to remove every trace of amphetamine or something you'll turn amphetamine into by using various cleaners; bleach etc.

The best bet would be to have a pile of disposable glass types; perhaps an easy to make/use model. You could then biff em out at the end of a session like the light bulb, or orchy bong.

You then need to know whether 10 pipes would be regarded as intent to supply or not. Perhaps the right model could also blow nice big bubbles ;)

Sydney following Melbourne's lead?

By accident, I found the following in NSW hansard:

"Another emerging threat is high purity crystal methamphetamine. This dangerous substance has been accompanied by the use of ice pipes. These are instruments that crystals are placed in, heated and inhaled. Ice pipes are designed for this purpose and have no other uses. It is already an offence to have possession of an ice pipe for use in the administration of a drug. Now the Government will make it a gaolable offence to sell or supply ice pipes commercially or to display ice pipes in a shop for a commercial purpose"

source

I havnt really read everyones replies as this thread is way long,(hope my question hasnt already been answered) but just going back to the very first post and and Cowboy Macs comment......

Whats dangerous about the light globe? I havnt really heard any negative comments about this method and a lot of ppl I know use it and I just wanna know if im misinformed?

Cheers :)