Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright, got some pics of them getting ready for spore prints that ill put on here.
waiting a bit longer so i get a better print before i put it on shroomery though.

mushrooms

mushrooms

mushrooms

The shroom in the top pic with the whiteish inside and black outside was the first one i found with a heaps blue stem, and the one above it that looks kind of mangled lol.

second pic in the bottom right corner has some weird ones, the mushrooms are kinda red when you look at them, but yeah i dont know this might be normal haha.

when i saw the ones in the third pic i wasnt to sure if they were anything, they were all kinda really dark blue/black, and all white aswell.

but yeah, as soon as i can get the spore prints i can get them id'd :)

Just for those who may have forgot - This thread is not to be used for the identification of mushrooms.

Fry-d- said:
Fry-d- said:
So I'm going to assume this thread is the start of Mushroom season 2007.

Lets set some rules from the start.

No asking for ID's.

No asking for spots to search or places to hunt.

If this thread gets long like the last few have, make sure you completely read it and search the old ones so we don't have to keep repeating the same information over and over.

Lets try and keep it all together in one thread.

...and remember this is not social.

Welcome to mushroom season 07 =D

This is NOT the place to ask for mushroom ID's.

This is not the place to ask where or how to find mushrooms. There is much better sources of this information.

If you don't know what your doing this is not a good way to learn.

If this is ignored this thread will be closed and we will not allow any discussion on the topic.

It can't be stressed enough that if you don't know what your doing and you eat the wrong mushroom it can be fatal.

joni joni joni

I know what the guys at shroomery are going to tell you about the ID

You have alot more to learn my friend so get studying and remember, curiosity killed the cat...

I'm finding shitloads of pins in the south west vic region. It's rained almost constantly here for 5 days and i hope to harvest this saturday. When i went out last weekend there were only a few dead half rotten mature subs in the ground from the warmer days and lack of rain in weeks gone by. This may be the last fruits of the season so get out there and stock up!

Here's a few old pics to look at

FRESH SUBS AFTER HEAVY RAIN (light, almost yellow cap, no blueing reaction)
wildsubaeruginosa3.jpg

SUB AFTER NO RAIN FOR 24-48hrs (notice the darker cap)
21-08-06_1733.jpg

DIRTY OLD SUBS (some dried/bagged and some drying out)
07-08-06_1852.jpg

The stems which have gone blue are the ones that have been handled/damaged and the blueing is a reaction caused by psilocin and oxygen in the air.

I don't want any comments on that last one, it's not my pic and i would never dry shrooms in a cardboard box like that! DODGEY! lol

Happy hunting psilonauts!

Psilo

Last edited:
^^ They do, if you look carefully. I've seen subs that take hours to go blue, spent ages examining trying to figure out if they really were subs. I think it has something to do with the psilocin/psilocybin ration, psilocin oxidises much quicker and tends to go much bluer.

^Yeah you can see the bluing- it always just kinda looks like dirt in a photo though.

joni joni joni

I know what the guys at shroomery are going to tell you about the ID

You have alot more to learn my friend so get studying and remember, curiosity killed the cat...

Well said....throw them mushies away.

hahaha thanks.
yeah me and my mates had a feeling that none of them would be.
the only one that i thought might be good was the little one on the right of the 1st pic.
but yeah, going to throw them away, will have to go back again soon.
the funny thing is though, we saw heaps that match the descriptions of subs, but didnt pick them up because we didnt think they were the right ones lol.

Yeah fresh subs def go blue, just sometimes takes a while. PsiloSubNaut, you can tell your further west than us just by your photos. Those subs look strikingly similar to SA subs that ive seen (and they are very different from melbourne subs.) Such as the tendency for caps to remain joined to stems, thicker stems, more browny/olive cap compared to the orange/caramel we get down here.

Pretty cool considering we are only a couple of 100km away.

willow11 said:
^Yeah you can see the bluing- it always just kinda looks like dirt in a photo though.

was talking about this quote in the first photo:

FRESH SUBS AFTER HEAVY RAIN (light, almost yellow cap, no blueing reaction)

Immortal Teknique said:
Yeah fresh subs def go blue, just sometimes takes a while. PsiloSubNaut, you can tell your further west than us just by your photos. Those subs look strikingly similar to SA subs that ive seen (and they are very different from melbourne subs.) Such as the tendency for caps to remain joined to stems, thicker stems, more browny/olive cap compared to the orange/caramel we get down here.

Pretty cool considering we are only a couple of 100km away.

A lot of fresh subs (ie. still in the ground) that are visibly blue seem really dry and fibrous an shittty....

Many of the subs I've found in melbourne this year have still been totally veiled, I haven't really seen many fully opened and so haven't actually picked many to be honest. Some of them look like small cubensis almost.

Really? All my finds have had the caps fully opened, and quite large. Also have found a lot of very big wavy caps, which is like an indicator of their maturity ( i find wavy caps are always the biggest and oldest looking)

All it took was one big post with a few pics to get the thread crankin' again!

Awesome :)

I think most of the q's have been answered by others...

The top pic is actually taken in the mount lofty ranges in s.a so they are s.a subs while the rest are from the forests west of portland.

Here in portland the subs on the west side of the town resemble s.a subs and the subs on the east side of town are closer to the melb subs in shape.

There is a forest just north of here where all the subs have very skinny stems and extreme nipple caps. Unlike anything i have seen in my travels from vic right across to w.a. Will go out there next week and hopefully they are still up so i can post a few pics. I think you will all be intrigued...

Season is definately coming to an end around here, finding minimal amounts now. I am surprised with the amount of rain we have had. Mustn't be cold enough any more :-(

Back to LSD i guess LOL

Immortal Teknique said:
LOL and thats definitely not a bad thing! :D :D

No, not at all

A mix of the two is awesome but i find if i don't slow down on the LSD during mushroom season i become very spaced for weeks at a time lol

Maybe i trip too much in general 8)

LSD it is %)

I'm sure i'll find enough shrooms for one last trip this season...

Does this mean that the mushy season for the north is starting soon? like for cow shit? Just curious if anyone actually does those shrooms(P.Cubensis and Copelandia) It seems everyone on here is south.

BTW im not trying to source, I probly wouldnt trust the majority of people on here that'd be willing to help me find shrooms anyway lol, the smart ones stay quiet. Id rather learn on my own, or at least someone I trust 100%

the_ketaman said:
Does this mean that the mushy season for the north is starting soon? like for cow shit? Just curious if anyone actually does those shrooms(P.Cubensis and Copelandia) It seems everyone on here is south.

BTW im not trying to source, I probly wouldnt trust the majority of people on here that'd be willing to help me find shrooms anyway lol, the smart ones stay quiet. Id rather learn on my own, or at least someone I trust 100%

Hey ketaman, i'm not exactly sure to be honest. I know they sprout in the warmer months after heavy rain in south east qld. I have picked cubensis there a fair bit...

You're right, we are mainly from the south but that's because it is currently our season.

I will ask some of my northern mates ;)

Psilo

Ive eaten cubensis, never picked them though. From memory i think they go from about November til Late January to early Feb. I could be wrong but i had a mate up there who picked them and i think thats what he said.

Anyway, cubensis are weak, come down to melb and pick a few =D

Cubes are only good for extraction IMO

Every time we boiled or ate them we just didn't get a strong enough effect and then when i did a methanol extraction when i was up there last summer we had a really nice trip. (freaked a few of my cubensis loving friends out hehehe)

I think cubes lack the visual intensity that i find easy to get with subs. Even with the extracted psilocin it took alot more to reach the "video game" world i enjoy so much. It is definately a smoother trip but i much prefer the subs coz they smash me 9 times outa' 10 and i get awesome visuals!

I don't take shrooms for a smooth ride. There are other psychedelics for that!

As immortal said, come south in winter and get some subs :)

Haha, that video game world you speak of is the bomb. I either get that, or a very cartoonish world where all colours seem to blend into each other and just morph around everywhere. Fuckin great.

Shrooms definitely aren't a smooth ride, you got that right. 6 hours of crazy euphoric insanity is a better description! =D

wheres the good books

can sumone tell me a title of a good identification book.i ive found heaps of mushies before but i like to know wot the other shrooms r around and ID the good ones. cant find any in book shops and dont know where to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.