Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
aaahh the capsules are NOT for sepository action fools!!! eeww eww ewww.. like IM said what ever floats ya boat, gel caps filled with mushroom dust tend to last longer, and with summer coming up gagging down dried mushies at the festivals, isnt something i want to be doing.
-mofo-

Look up the methanol extraction process and you'll never have to taste them again.

It's not much harder then grinding them up and putting them into caps and you remove all the plant material that tastes like shit and also contains other crap that can lead to an uneasy or dirty trip.

After you feel the difference you won't go back to eating them unless you really have to...

are 'Weraroa novaezelandiae' the same as 'blue meanies'? and i'd like to know how they rank/potency etc.. chur

^spot on Splatt

You did the right thing by asking in this thread Caroline.

The answer to your question is as follows

Potency: depending on how much you ingest the effects range from extreme illness some 12 hours after ingestion for tiny doses and the most likely outcome is in fact DEATH.

DO NOT TAKE Weraroa Novaezelandiae or any other mushrooms of the genus Weraroa.

A woman died this year in NZ after being given these by a friend who mistook them for Psilocybe Aucklandii.

These 3 mushrooms grow wild in Australia and are psychotropic:

Copelandia Cyanescens

Psilocybe Cubensis

Psilocybe Subaeruginosa

They are also easily mistaken (by the untrained eye) for a wide range of deadly poisonous mushrooms.

Research all you can please.

I dont have time to write heaps now, but i have a close friend who has eaten the NZ pouch fungus and had good trips every time.

I dont know where your getting the info that they are deadly.

Ill write more after work.

Yeah some people have been eating the pouch fungus for years. I have a few relatives over there who love them describing them as having the typical psilocybe feel to them. Some even feel they are more potent than P. subaeruginosa. I think from the amount of people who eat these things and their growing popularity that they are quite safe.

Yeah well i don't know where anyone got the info that they are poisonous, they have been bioassayed on more than one occassion by a lot of people with no ill results.

Theres ones in Australia that look like therm that are deadly.

Are we talking these:
strop09.jpg
? They look like these little puffball fungii over here that explode when picked, I've had the shit land in my eye and it went really red. I washed it out with water but it stayed red, then yellow over the day and I felt really sick. Looked them up one time and they can be fatal

Yeah, puffballs and pouch fungus are two different things. I see where your coming from though.

Some puffballs are choice edibles, others poisonous.

Weraroa Novaezelandiae have a very distinct look IMO, if you actually pick them they have quite obvious differences from puffballs, but to the untrained eye i guess they could be mistaken.

Okay well, be careful with them, better to stick with the knowns. Extract from another forum, I can't paste the link because it has a Vendor forum on it.

Anyway, just thought I'd add a little info that has me pretty excited. I've recently been working with the New Zealand species; Weraroa novaezelandiae, which is a bluing, and newly realized, hallucinogenic fungus. It was first described in the 1924 and later realized to be closely related to Psilocybes. But noone seems to have noticed that it was Psilocybin active until recently. Probably because of its remote location and weird appearance. Rolf Singer speculates that Weraroa might be ancestral to all Psilocybes.

It can be cultivated with exactly the same outdoor methods as used for Psilocybe azurescens, P. cyanescens and other temperate woodlovers.

Since it is only recently known to be active, I doubt much research has gone into what other compounds it may contain, active or inactive, poisenous or edible etc..

I'd advise anyone looking for a good field guide to buy the newest edition of Psilocybe Mushrooms of the World by Paul Stamets, it has a section at the back of dangerous/deadly close look-a-likes.

I post on the shroomery and have spoken with people who have consumed it, describing classical psilocybin-type effects.

Really no need to hunt them when subs and aucklandii can be found nearby.

Ah cheers guys, me and a friend picked some in wellington, nz the other day. another friend came along with us to help us identify them who'd taken them alot, i guess it was stupid but we didn't do much research on them before consuming. as i have not taken shrooms before i can't compare them, but we had alot of fun.

My bad guys...

I came home pissed and checked the thread the other night in turn posting that misinformation.

I feel like an idiot hahaha

*sticks post it on puter saying "don't use when drunk"*

I have heard they are alot weaker than other psilocybes but really haven't looked much into them.

Status
Not open for further replies.