• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids methadone withdrawal does dilaudid work?

Or snorting. I can shoot them too but I really want to avoid iv even though that has best bioavailability

Kindly refrain from posting the same or similar question in multiple forums. I've merged all 6 of your threads into this one as it has the most replies.

Good luck.

^Not the way to go about it on these forums. Most of us comb through the forums and will post if they we have anything useful that might benefit others. If you aren't getting answers to your questions, then you should go back and read the whole thread over again (because your question has been answered at least 3 or 4 times in this thread) or use the search engine to bring up more threads related to your problem. Do a little bit of research, it will go a long way for you.

Just going to add my 2cents because I withdrawaled from methadone and it was absolutely traumatizing. If you go to a posh hospital (I worked in one) they gave patients blind detox dosages via IV. We used morphine IR twice a day for 9 days, tapering began pretty much immediately and it worked successfully. We used dilaudid for alcohol withdrawal though. I say yes, yes you can use it to ease the pain. However, without someone controlling it and depending on the amount you're taking and how long or when you began it (remember that real withdrawal from methadone takes 72 hours from the last dose), you could get yourself into an entire new habit.

My suggestion, having been through it and also as a nurse:
Blood pressure meds - NOW or those rsl will drive you insane.
valium or xanax... you need it for at least 3-6 months. It takes about 6 months to feel human or get more than 4 hours of sleep. You need sleep help and anxiety too for a bit.

If you're able to get loratabs or something lower on that opiate spectrum, I suggest that because dillies are pretty fucking strong (like old opana or fent). Coming off of hydrocodone is much easier than dilaudid

Hey everyone thanks for posting a lot of good stuff I just re read everything.
Well. I failed miserably!!
I still have 236 dilaudid 8mg in my closet and I am still on 110mv methadone.
I haven't heard anyone else's testimony that personally went thru the transition from methadone to shorr acting opiated then to suboxone.
But now I'm not alone in this fight . I saw my pastor the they day and he asked me if I was using and I broke down and explained to him about the methadone.he suggested I try again to get off methadone since I have off 4th of July and I have 4 day weekend off work to rest. Anyway I went today only with nothing cuz I overslept and missed my dose .
I'm a fucking failure feels like cuz I'm so worried that the dilaudid I won't hold me at work . I'm scared to shit of going thru withdrawals and if I miss methadone clinic 2 days in row they start me over on super low dose. Anyway I'm just afraid of these withdrawals and he dilaudid not holding me . I know I'm going in circles. Asking same questions looking for moral support .
The daudod will prob hold me and everything will work out but j keep fearing that I'll be in withdrawal and the dilaudid won't do shit . I withdraw from methadone 3 times cold turkey in jail on 3 different occasions years ago and I was clean 5 years until this back problem and then I run to methadone cuz I remember it worked but now I remember how hard it is to get off.
So I have a decision I can miss the dose tomorrow and continue on this journey and take dilaudid Monday at work (wait until I really need it) or I can go back to clinic and come down in milligrams and then it may be easier to do dilaudid when I have lower dose methadone in my system! And then I have to go back and tell pastor I failed this weekend and went back on methadone it was too hard and I'm weening down to 80mg then trying quit with dilaudid and then go to subs .
Man I'm at another cross roads!!!
Lesson if you were an addict and hurt your back ... That first Vicodin can mean hell!

Any wisdom from anyone is appreciated now. Thanks

Dude, Dilaudid will hold you fine. It's one of the strongest opiates around.