• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids methadone withdrawal does dilaudid work?

No I didn't say I did an oxy 80 I waited 24 hrs off methadone then I shot 16mg dilaudid then another 16 a few hours later and felt nothing. I don't see how u felt it snorted but maybe I have to wait until day 2 off methadone.
KIEF: the dr is cool but he doesn't know that I went back on methadone as far as he knows I'm on plan and will meet him in 2 weeks . He thinks I'm taking the dilaudid the day after we spoke. He gave 6 per day but I thought I would wait a week so I had 10 pills a day to work with cuz I wanted to make sure I had enough. So I don't know what ill say when I see my dr. I can try again tomorrow and skip methadoen and give it another go. I don't thjnk he will give me benzodiazepines for a few days since he told to just stop methdone and start with dilaudid . Basically I have to just stop taking the methadoen and trust that the dilaudid will keep me . I heard people say they felt the dilaudid but after one day not being on done and not feeling the dilaudid I thought they wouldn't work . From what KIEF is saying I need to wait 2 days off methadoen and then I will feel the dilaudid .

Any1 taper off methadone @110mg

Hi I want to go down in my daily dose I'm at 110mg now. Does it hurt to go down by 10mg? Has anyone done this?

mate snort or just swallow them, give it 24 hours no methadone then start taking them. google the best ROA snort or oral. u WILL NOT feel a buzz off them for 2 or 3 days. BUT U WONT WITHDRAW. give it a go it will hold u. your building it up psychologically to be more than it is.DILAUDID is a strong opiate u just need a few days to get that shitty methadone off your receptors and out your body.That is what i would do in your position. Just give it a go for a few days and see what happens. And i dont advice iv ing any pills, but this is just my personal opinion and hope it helps

I hope it works out for u mate and if u do feel abit iffy the first few days just take anather. After a few days they should work reaaly well once the meths out your system. ive heard they can be very strong. u just gotta get that meth out your system. I wish my fucking dr would give me this option id take it in a heartbeat. we are all different im sayinig just try it if u dont give it a proper go u might regret it in the future. I dont see any reason why u should feel rough with this unless im missing something
If u make it let me know if u get a good buzz off the hydro after a week when the meths out your system. Ive always wanted to try dilaudid.

Last edited:
Speaking only from my own experience with methadone, you probably won't really notice much (or anything) with such a small decrease in dosage. Everyone's different though, but personally I wouldn't worry too much about a decrease of only 10mg..

You really do have to give it a day or two off methadone. Deoends how long methadone holds you for (everyone is different), but you have to wait until you are starting to feel wd to take the dilaudid if you want it to do anything

Like I said in an earlier post --dilaudid is a short acting opiate. That's why you want your body on it to transition to subs. But being short acting, it will only help you if you take it when you start to feel sick. Dilaudid wears off in like 3 hours so you cannot take
It preventatively.

The first couple days of the switch may be rough. Or they may be ok. Depends on you individually. But I'd give it a try, you probably will never again have the good fortune of getting a dr who will give you a stash like that to work with for getting off.

I detoxed methadone cold turkey and I can tell you the wd really doesn't hit til about day 3. If you can hang on til then the dilaudid should help. And yes, clonidine would help some during that time. A benzo or phenobarbital would be better though

I also detoxed methadone by slowly decreasing. So if you have any other questions just ask. Good luck. You just need a little determination. Don't give up so easily. And remember, though everyone may mean well some people just really don't have the experience to give advice to you. Some things I read in this thread were good. Some I just shook my head at. (Like, did the poster even read the posts?)

Try again. You still have time before you have to aee the dr !

Wow i cant believe the doctor prescribed you that... that's seriously impressive

At first the dr prescribed 126 oxy 30s but I went to every pharmacy and nobody could fill them. My dr said he used to wait to bring people down to 30 mg methadone and then switch to Subs but that want necessary and now he just put people on short acting opiate so the methadone can get out of system totally before I take the subs . Thx everyone for your experience and encouragement . I'm going to give it another go in a few days .

Tapering down on methadone daily dose

HI, I KNOW ALL TOO WELL ABOUT METHADONE, GOING UP AND COMING DOWN ON YOUR DOSE.YOU WON'T EVEN NOTICE CUTTING YOUR DOSE BY 10 MG. I AM ALSO AT 110, BUT I DON'T THINK I'LL BE GOING DOWN ANYTIME SOON. I HAVE BEEN TAKING METHADONE ON AND OFF FOR ABOUT 7 YEARS NOW. IT HAS BEEN A LIFE SAVER FOR MYSELF AS WELL AS FOR MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MY OTHER HALF. WE WERE IN FLORIDA WHEN WE FIRST FOUND OUT ABOUT IT. IT'S VERY DIFFERENT HERE THAN IT IS IN FLORIDA AT THE METHADONE CLINICS. IN FLORIDA, YOU HAD TO PAY $15 CASH DAILY IN ORDER TO DOSE. THEY DIDN'T MAKE YOU GO TO ALL OF THESE GROUPS & THEY WERE THERE IF YOU NEEDED THEM FOR ANYTHING. HERE, INSURANCE COVERS IT, BUT WHAT A PRICE TO PAY! YOU HAVE TO DO THE GROUPS, INDIVIDUAL AND ALL THE RULES SEEM TO BE DIFFERENT FOR DIFFERENT PEOPLE. I HATE TO SAY THIS, BUT I FEEL A LOT OF RACIST SHIT GOES ON HERE AT THE METHADONE CLINIC. DIFFERENT RULES FOR DIFFERENT PEOPLE. THIS IS NOT A FAIR WAY TO TREAT US. ANYWAY, GOOD LUCK TO YOU. IF YOU EVER HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS, FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME AT: [email protected]

Take Care and stay strong!8(8(

I would take it slow, if your wanting the least amount of side effects.
If your going for 10 do it once a week. You might be able to deal with more, but it's best to do it slow as it might come back to bite you if you do it too fast.

I know that cinics offer "blind" reductions where they will cut you down 2-3mg's at a time and not tell you when they do it. That is the only way people that I know have been able to do it.
Personally I had to be cut off and detoxed, but that was a nightmare.

Hi I want to go down in my daily dose I'm at 110mg now. Does it hurt to go down by 10mg? Has anyone done this?

It shouldn't hurt at first to decrease by just 10mg (which would be roughly 9.1% of your daily dose) at first. Just give yourself a few days to stabilize with each decrease.

Welcome, and best of luck with your taper <3

My doc gave me 126 dilaudid 8mg to take for 3 weeks . Basically stop taking methadone and only take the dilaudid so that after a month I can switch from dilaudid to suboxone once all the methadoen is out of my system . My only problem is stopping the methadone and taking the dilaudid . I pay 15 at clinic in fl it's easy just go and dose . But I can't travel and it sucks at least with subs I can travel and ween off easily. But I can't seem to stop the methadoen cuz the first few days off of it the dilaudids don't do anything and in afraid they won't hold me thru withdrawal cuz I have to work

Will dilaudid take away methadone withdrawal?

Anyone have experience using dilaudid to take away methadone withdrawal?

Depends what your methadone dosage is and how much hydromorphone is at your disposal.

I'm on 110mg methdone and I have 126 8mg dilaudid. When I run out dilaudid I will be going in suboxone . The only reason I have dilaudid is to go in short acting opiated to get methadoen out my system so I can jump over to suboxone

I am wondering if the dilaudid will keep away the withdrawal . Basically I have 10 (8mg) pills per day .