Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melb - NRG 7 - July 17 - Altona *REVIEWS start pg 6*

Status
Not open for further replies.
che_melbourne said:
^^^ what for... to offer him a cheaper one :p

Hhaahahahahahah. Classic.

Hmm have to write something on topic now.
Did I mention it was also cold...

I thought it was a good party over all, and I had a great time in the chill/market room. I met many nice people and had lots of mushy fun. I was the guy giving out 5HTP through out the night.

I agree with LaLaGatecrasher, there was too much pushing and shoving, not enough respect. Like everyone was in a hurry.

I wonder if ravers are taking more speed than pills, because I saw too many people with very large pupils, but no smiles. What is it un cool to smile on drugs nowadays? I guess that is why I mainly go to future events the last few years, and stopped going to 'underground' (I use the word loosly) PARTIES.

A hint - your ment to have fun and smile at parties... the ancient greeks were doing this 2500 years ago on wine so I am sure you can do it on drugs if you bother trying...

But I got to say, the set up was great, the decor was great, and I thank the people who put it on because I think they made a great effort. Even the main toilets looked fantastic at the start of the night.

And I thank all the candy ravers for dressing up and and the happy people for making the party special. I hope you are having a nice day!

A big fuck you to all the old jaded ravers who cannot smile anymore, even on drugs. I hope you have a big come down.

PLUR...

I don't know what you are all talknig about.. I found everyone to be so friendly and nice.. I kind of expect a bit of pushing and shoving, nobody's doing it on purpose:)
don't suppose anybody saw Jay and Silent bob around?;)

Che Melbourne, twas great talking to you and seeing a few other familiar faces:). Helping out with enlighten meant meeting half the people there I think:) I had an excellent night, loved all the music I heard, had a dance, had lots of hugs, LOVED all the kandi.. even more inspired to make myself a pair of phat pants and become a true melbournite:)
Tom-oo.. sorry not to see your smiling face again after Bassic.. and Moebro too:).

^^Course you didnt see me.
I was outside giving blowjobs

(actually, I didn't go)

I'm still really disappointed by the fact that there was so much trancey stuff. It has alarm bells ringing in my head for wotw.
Guess I can only wait and see till the lineup is announced for that and Hardware

- moe

on topic, nrg7 was really trancey. I was a bit pissed about this and I can't believe Soul-T funded the promo cd for his own self promotion :p

off topic WOTW this year is gunna be retarded (I think) a trance night and a techno night on different occaisions/locations, techno night might be at Hi-Fi Bar check :\

btw this is smile police stuff so kinda related, ill finish on a related note, Did Hellraiser end up playing at nrg7 or not?????

Ahhhh thanks for the awesome review guys =D Glad you all liked it that makes me very happy!

After alot of stresssing and so not being happy with my decore rah rah rah I thought fuck it and just boogyed all night! I know I'm biased but all the djs in my room were by far the best on the night but thats probably cos they were all playing electro. To whoever said the mixing in my room left alot to be desired (cbf going back to see who it was) the whole idea about NRG is giving up and comings a chance to play at a big party so naturally thats going to happen. But big ups to all of them I think they did very well!

Spyke, Robert Anthony, NakedAge and Jester did me proud and if I was ever to do this again I'd choose them again without thinking twice!

Blair thank you soooooo much for rocking with me to Tiatto - How good is he =D AWESOME getting to shake my toosh with you - we shall do it again very soon! More electro education is needed for you ;) cos thats just the tip of the iceberg.

1234 very nice of you to come and say hello and introduce yourself :) Pitty I didn't get to see you again

I mainly go to tech parties and yes the crowd is different but I go to Garths parties cos I know I can escape and really get that 'rave' feeling that I used to get all those years ago. And by far NRG7 was the best NRG I have been to. Sure the crowd wasn't really my thing but I put in my mind there all here to have fun and enjoy it and so am I and I did I had the best night out in a very long time!

Can't wait for next year...

It was I that said the mixing was average.

What I consider to be good mixing or not, is the persons imagination. They have to show me something different. Any moron can mix from one track into the next, but it takes a good dj to show me some kind of tricky mix, or do something smart with the vinyl, by thatI mean actually "play" the vinyl. Even if their mixing is 100% tight, that will eventually come with practise. I would rather see someone doing sloppy mixing, but with plenty of action, then to see someone with mixing tight as a fishes ass, but boring old mix in mix out.

But the eltro room was definately a highlight for me!

I agree 100% with you mate that is why Dave Clarke is my fav dj cos he ain't just all about mixing and thats another reason why I like to ghetto/booty cos it's more about the skills and alot of action. I'm sure in a few years many of the djs that were at NRG in and out of the electro room will get to that stage :)

Thank you muchly it's good to hear people had a good time in there =D

^^ was my pleasure to come and "shake my booty" as you put it to Tiatto....i ended up having a chat with him near the end of the night about his set and prodction....nice guy :) Hehe, I was actually in there lookin for you.....i asked Adam where you were, and he said witha big grin "I have not seen her for about...hmm..3 hours" hehe.....nice :)

yes, your room rocked....

sorry, my comment was uncalled for and rude... people should enjoy what they want and theyre lucky to have the opportunity. cheers.

did i meet you tnargus???

hmmm...
i wasnt all that happy with the night. my first NRG too.....and yes they were playing all the same stuff. quite dull.....the only highlight being hearing Enter Sandman by Metallica done electro!! hehehehe.=D

i met a few ppl (muzby....some other none BLers)....no speaking to randoms cos i wasnt too munted and i didnt feel like venturing out of my group.
guess it wasnt a big event for me.
especially coming from Space DJz last weekend......now thats techno!!!

^^ no but i remember asking someone (1234 i think) where u were cause i wanted to run into you :) I missed that mix of Enter Sandman (dammit!!!) but heard a great electro breaks mix of the Beach Boys "Sloop John B"...fucking awesome! :)

Hopefully could run into you in the future....

Wow. Bluelight has gotten REALLY jaded...

This is one of the first reviews of a party I've read in yonks, and so far it's been pretty much all negative. I remember coming home from shithouse parties and the reviews would be "It was shit, but THIS AND THIS AND THIS AND OMG I HAD SO MUCH FUN"!!!!!!!!

Now, it's all whinge whinge whinge. It was one of the best parties I've been to in yonks that was held at a venue with a roof. As for the crowd being rude? Maybe it's just you crunts who are rude and jaded, I never once found the crowd a problem, definately nothing like the crowd you get at a Melbourne Park event (which really is the only other venue left in melbourne for these types of parties).

Awesome Decor, Awesome People, Great Music (I would've liked a little more happy in my hardcore, but then I never go out expecting to like the music heaps, cos not many places play fucked up wierdo psy). Met so many randoms, more than I have since I started going out, everyone was so nice and keen to have a good time.

I think this thread is more an indication that there's a fuckload of bluelighters who've been going too hard for too long and have no seretonin left so they can't have a good time.

MEH

Anth out.

I had a fucking great time! It out did my expectations 10 fold, my only other altona event was at G.O.D at easter. and so that was the set-up i was expecting. I was pleasantly suprised at the difference!

Agree with the music being pretty much the same, i think u really needed to kno exactly which dj's were playing what to get some diversity in ur night. Im so glad i stumbled across the funky beats of degenerator at the end, i really didnt enjoy a hardcore closing set.

Best set of the night easily went to Julian Reynolds loved the mix with - loops & things, godd and the prophet.

So yer i had heaps of fun caught up with lots of ppl havent seen in ages, jumping castle was a nice touch my only complaint having that room in the middle of the walk way, i think thats the reason so many ppl were pushing cos by the time u got through there ur frustration levels were at boiling point!

good going anfalicious hahaha i reckon nrg 7 rocked too hahaha you hear all the negative stuff here at bluelight then i walk on over to the SP forum (sorry if im not allowed to say that) & u have everyone going fuair out how much did it rock wheres the pics am i in any etc etc i feel a little more at home on the SP forum on this topic cause i myself n friends that i went with had a FANTASTIC night.
this is the last i will say on the topic.
P.

well if your off to the next pharmacy tnargus i might see you there. will probly wear the new green phatties again.

but on topic.....we are not whingers...we're critics. its just the ppl that went to NRG that like other styles of music or whatever might not have had a super time.
its all set and setting remember. not everyones gonna like it....and the ppl that dont are the most likely to complain!

Status
Not open for further replies.