• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

May be getting locked up, been there?

I really hope zoob is doing okay. I have to say I hate the flag stompers as well. I don't agree with the way this country is running right now, but I sure as hell respect the troops that have served. I want to learn what I can do to help out the situation. From what I have witnessed and been told by returning troops their really is no safety net in place when they return.

Tell me more about the VA. Maybe that is a place I can help.

I know in California prison will you give you morphine but probably not enough to withdraw pretty good. My best suggestion is to get on suboxone and start tapering off that after a month or so slowly you'll be cool. What state you in?

Beachbum ever figure out what happened to that bottle of meds? They should've returned it upon your release. I'm sure it would be worth following up on it as you made it sound like the doctor pocketed it rather than properly dispose of it.

Actually it's been way too long to even think about it. This was about 15 years ago! But I'd be willing to bet the farm those pills went home with him. They sure as hell weren't in my property when I left. BTW, I did make a little noise about the way my whole intake was done, including the pocketing of my pain pills, but I started to get the feeling the more I pushed, the less they wanted to do anything whatsoever for me. Did I mention, the intake doctor was the same doctor I had assigned to me for my stay. So, I shut up and considered it a lesson well learned.

aJg373 He was told he couldn't be prescribed subbie's cos he wasn't an addict. Isn't bureaucracy great ?! The fucking governments of this world really fucking annoy me. I ain't seen him post in a while, I wonder if he got sent down ? I hope not. He seemed like a great guy. Bob, if you are still on the out, pm me or post please mate.

Suboxone is not only prescription, but the doctor is required to have taken a course to take on 100 patients. Best bet is to look up a suboxone clinic and even that may be hard as they will likely not want to interfere with your pain management without your doctor's approval first as that's how it was for me even with a retired doctor being the last person to treat me during a time off transition in care that never really picked up.

I'm guessing doing a quick methadone taper won't work? I hate methadone as it caused severe mood swings.

Im pretty sure to get a sub script you have to be diagnosed ad a drug abuser. If hes on oxy for chronic pain getting a sub script/diagnosis will stain your record very badly. I'd try to taper with the oxy.

^ its a shame because ppl that want to get off opiates prescribed for pain can't use subs which make the tapering much easier.

I've have 3 separate doctors give me subs and ALL 3 needed to see me while I was showing WD symptoms. Last time I got it was in 2009 though so there could be a different protocol now.