• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

May be getting locked up, been there?

Hey all...sry for the lapse. Spending time with my boys, we're getting into airsoft so ive been away from the internet for a few days. I see some new posts. I appreciate everyone standing up for me in my absence.

Opiates have been the only thing that actually help with the physical and mental pain as well. I have been prescribed many anti-D's and they made things way worse. With the opiates the anxiety level is reduced and even after you are on them long enough and the euphoric feelings pass, you still get somewhat of a "well-being" feeling about you. I tried to explain this to my Doc, but she just glazed over and went to default responses.

I am wanting to experiment with cannibas strains to see if there is one that fits me. I am one of those folks than doesn't enjoy the out of control of my body feeling that a pot high gives. MJ is 100% illegal in Idaho, but the Washington border is only 7 miles away and you can get it there legally even being an out of stater for any purpose.

I heard if you tell them that you are addicted to benzos and alcohol they will give you a mild benzo, I forgot which one, to help you ween off because benzo withdrawal can kill you.

Hey. I did have a massive reply in progress, but tried editing it and it deleted instead. Can someone from monitoring look into the mobile side of the site and see why I'm having issues.
Thanks. hope all you good ones are well. Can't write another big post now, not got the energy. I'll post again after a coffee.
Laters. ?.

I am wanting to experiment with cannibas strains to see if there is one that fits me. I am one of those folks than doesn't enjoy the out of control of my body feeling that a pot high gives. MJ is 100% illegal in Idaho, but the Washington border is only 7 miles away and you can get it there legally even being an out of stater for any purpose.

Pot is great for getting through the worst of it. Might even help distract you from the pain!

Just be careful. Don't tack on any more days in lockup than you need to... Edibles are discreet and won't fuck up your lungs.

Totally agree with Tinker55. It ain't worth extra time for a pissy bit of weed. Stick to tapering, bob. Don't go to jail "plugged". It's too risky. I really hope you don't go at all mate.

Hey! Some interesting news!!! Aparently I cannot get a suboxone prescription as I am not an addict but a pain patient. Subs are reserved for addicts going through withdrawls...us poor fucks in pain "NO SOUP FOR YOU!" Can you fucking believe that?!?

Mate, that's out of order. What you gonna do, try something different or what ? About the suboxone I mean.

Last edited:
I hesitantly explained my circumstances to my doc and she had no answer for me as her hands were tied by VA protocol. I did request a write-up of my conditions, meds, and personal consequences of not being allowed my medications, We shall see if she comes through on that. Regardless of if it were to help or not, at least it will be documented.
As far as what i'm going to do...not sure yet. I tapered my doses way down, but seemed ridiculous to stop completely before surgery since I will be getting doped up anyway. I will have to rely upon other means to kick afterward.

I hesitantly explained my circumstances to my doc and she had no answer for me as her hands were tied by VA protocol. I did request a write-up of my conditions, meds, and personal consequences of not being allowed my medications, We shall see if she comes through on that. Regardless of if it were to help or not, at least it will be documented.
As far as what i'm going to do...not sure yet. I tapered my doses way down, but seemed ridiculous to stop completely before surgery since I will be getting doped up anyway. I will have to rely upon other means to kick afterward.

If possible I would look to a legitamet outside pain management Dr. I had to do that as the VA won't prescribe me my Morphine and Roxis with my Klonopin. My civilian pain management Dr has already discussed all tapering possibilities with me when the time is right. The VA is too restrictive and robotic to understand.

Just a thought as it has worked for me as I got nowhere with the VA.

Seems like good advice from Man in the dark. I did think a bit about your situation bob, though the way US Dr's do things will be different to how Dr's in UK do. I did think, maybe register as an addict (again protocol in US different from here) , not that I'm implying you are , but that was all I could come up with. I'm sure you'll figure something out anyway.
I hope things go well for you on Friday, with the surgery. Keep me posted as and when you can, (if you want to) and I'll be thinking of you and hoping all goes well. Do you mind me asking, what is it you are having done ? Obviously, if it's of a personal nature, don't say.
Hope to hear from you soon, from Gary.

Hey Bob - so sorry you are going through this. That's absolute crap that you can't get on maintenance, I loath how our vets get treated by the VA (live around Lejeune so I've witnessed the horrors from friends and family). You'll have to excuse my ignorance, but do you have Tricare or Tricare Prime? If so, can you see a private doctor and get on maintenance? I have Tricare Prime and have to fight tooth and nail to get them to approve stuff, but it can be done. Sorry I don't have any other input outside of what's previously been posted. I hate that you're going through this, as I hate all our other vets that are going through this too. It pisses me off to no end that you guys serve of our country, get injured (mentally and physically) and then the government conveniently turns a blind eye to your medical needs once you're out, when they are ultimately responsible for your injuries, and subsequent addictions as base hospitals hand out narcotics and other highly addictive meds like candy. Good luck - I sincerely hope everything works out for you!

I tore the muscles and ligaments in my left shoulder and they are going in to repair the damage. Seems I have been destined to look like Frankenstein by the time I check out,lol.

I have medicare so I can see a private doc, but have been warned by the VA that going against their protocol is a bad idea. I run the chance to lose my benefits if I piss off the wrong people. I have pushed the envelope a few times and I know its not a good idea. If I lost my pension and medical benefits, no matter how shitty they are Id really be fucked. I cant work like I used to. Only good for a couple hours max a day on my feet and that is pushing it.

Shit bro, that's gotta be painful. Never really had anything like that, though I got stabbed and I had to have a lung drain in. Also got a couple of cracked ribs from the impact of the carving knife. Putting the drain in was a painful experience, but getting it out, fuck me, never had pain like that before. Actually getting stabbed didn't hurt as much. Anyway my man, hope it goes ok for you. I keep trying to estimate the time difference between here and there (-5 to 8 hrs ?) so I can think "what will bob be doing about now". Regardless mate, I'll be thinking of you on Friday.

Hey! Some interesting news!!! Aparently I cannot get a suboxone prescription as I am not an addict but a pain patient. Subs are reserved for addicts going through withdrawls...us poor fucks in pain "NO SOUP FOR YOU!" Can you fucking believe that?!?
I've been through the exact same thing. It sucks I hope things work out. Talk to a lawyer beforehand and maybe reach out and develop communication with human rights groups. They could be valuable assets if you are denied your pain meds.