• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides LSD first timer. Questions and suggestions

It's not just you; I don't fear this either. Besides, you and I are too old to become schizophrenic at this point. We know it happens four times more commonly in boys/men than in girls/women, and that it tends to present symptomatically from ages 18 to 25. Of course you don't fear something that unlikely to occur. That would be irrational. It also only affects 1% of the population, which is a significant number, don't get me wrong, but most people are better off fearing heart disease and cancer than schizophrenia if they're going to harbor fear of disease and disorder.
Ahh, so really there’s 3 answers to introduce into normal social conduct.

Haven’t been diagnosed yet.

Have been diagnosed.

Or, “Well, I’m 29 now so….” And they’r like “oh right I see”…it goes that far. I should have factored that in.

In a fit if frustration and boredom I ate 30 tabs the day before yesterday which was about 3-4 days after I’d last experienced anything like tripping. It was also 48 hours since I’d had meth and 24 hours since I’d had ketamine. I’d also started taking 5 mg Abilify and 25 mg seroquel because I was worried I was feeling AP withdrawal symptoms. I had 10 tabs and waited 90 minutes and felt basically nothing so ate another 10 and then another 90 minutes and had the last ten thinking ‘what the fuck, why not?’. Mainly I was already in a state of anxiety, frustration and confusion and was quite stupid in a general sense.

I felt a general general sense of discombobulation which moved into a total sense of exhaustion (possible meth methdrawal) then depression then dysthymia and now I just feel a little emotional about a few things, have cried a little and feel like I have a serious case of concussion. A bit dizzy and ringing in my ears. Unable to concentrate on anything. Total waste of time and money.

No idea really if it was tolerance or the AP’s that stopped such a big dose from leading to a proper trip. Probably both. But combined they proved that the size of the dose effectively meaningless after a point.

30 tabs....i just yelled at somebody for wasting 10 like that...i'd say if 1 or 2 isn't working, forget it, and save it for another day....and every time, it's some sort of prescription that most likely interferes with it that the person was also taking

30 tabs....i just yelled at somebody for wasting 10 like that...i'd say if 1 or 2 isn't working, forget it, and save it for another day....and every time, it's some sort of prescription that most likely interferes with it that the person was also taking
Yeah I deserve to be yelled at. Fortunately I have 75 more arriving this afternoon with any luck. I’m going to be MUCH more careful and conservative and make them last this time.

I love the DOB bodyload, feels incredible, but you need to make an effort to use the energy. 10/10 drug imo.
Don’t get me wrong, the right dose can lead to some profoundly altered states, and the trip is significantly entactogenic/empathogenic as well. But this is definitely not a compound for someone without much experience tripping, particularly tripping on psychedelic amphetamines.

Comparatively, I feel like DOM is just a pure lay-up. If you dose correctly and remain patient for about four hours, the magic starts to unfold over the next few hours, and it’s hard not to enjoy things, in my experience. DOB on the other hand seems twice as potent. Whereas I might dose 2.5 mg DOM, I take ~1.2 mg DOB instead, because 2.5 mg of DOB will steamroll me mercilessly for hours on end, and it will wait and creep up on me to do so. Many times I cave and take a benzo just to calm down the body load a bit. It gets intense, but I guess you’re right – you have to have something to channel that energy into probably to alleviate these problems.

Yeah I don't feel much from 2.5mg DOM, I took like 10mg once and it was a weak ++, terribly boring at the time but maybe the blotters weren't as advertised. I'm definitely not alone in being more tolerant to DOM.

will steamroll me mercilessly for hours on end
=D exactly
The worst of it seems to be towards the end and right after the peak but if you push through and move it gets a lot better later on

Well, thanks for setting me straight, @unodelacosa - you sure know everything.
I love how you helped the original poster and contributed a beautiful attitude to this thread.
Hope to see you all over the forums with that amazing knowledge and experience, helping folks see how wrong they are about their own lived experiences.

Would love to meet you in person!

Well, thanks for setting me straight, @unodelacosa - you sure know everything.
I love how you helped the original poster and contributed a beautiful attitude to this thread.
Hope to see you all over the forums with that amazing knowledge and experience, helping folks see how wrong they are about their own lived experiences.

Would love to meet you in person!
It’s my own bad fault you know. You wouldn’t even be here now, I made enemies and I kick myself for that, just as I realise what matters to me.

We can’t all agree, I’d say we can’t all get along, except that would contradict me ethos, and what I naturally always aspired to growing up.

That we can get along. It’s within us. And still disagree. Easier said of course.

Emotions are not so logical and controllable.

Still, I’m sorry to yourself and Uno in particular for being the cause of your meeting this way.

I’ve zero negative feelings towards a single member here you know. None. I realised how I just don’t need to have any.

It would be a delusion, is how I see it now. I look to myself now. And try to be better, more self aware. More sensitive, but my sense of humour gets me into some spots lol, especially when I’m dosing very high on THC, I can actually get the giggles sometimes.

Which is why I joke around. It keeps me cheerful. And it’s the best medicine we all know really, except it wears my ribs out sometimes lol.

So my focus is on trying to be a bit lighter, for myself and others equally.

No idea how much time I/we’ve got left. But I reckon I have it within me to at least have a laugh and a crack until the end.

So if I say anything seemingly insensitive and offend anybody, I do apologise, like, I empathise with mental health problems, I’ve lived with it for long time.

Just trying to make a bit of light. Need for care though ofc.

I have 222 posts and a 215 reaction score

was gilded and made the Best of Reddit sub seven years ago
Holy . . . get this person a Pulitzer!

In the end, advising a 1/4 tab for first time seems well within the guidelines of the forum and as such, the comment was not deprecated by moderator staff.
I think if a person is asking, or a little unsure, I’d always advise to err on the side of caution.
I'm think.of starting off small, assuming blotters, like 1/4 of a square.

Will smaller doses of LSD minimize the intensity and duration?
Yes, many have found that intensity and duration (within a range) is a factor of dosage, although the response curve is not linear.

I agree, it’s (25 mcg) not strong at all for most, but would allow a dip in the pool and a more calculated approach on dosage for a revisit.
You can take more next time(s) and build confidence with it, or you can jump in with both feet. But the fact they were asking on a forum, led me to advise a smaller first-time trip.

Or I’ve just been taking too much ETH-LAD, 😜

Last edited:
Yeah where is the OP lol? If I made a thread and it took some twists, drew some debate on various particulars of LSD use from different angles, my presence would unquestionably be apparent on some level.

OP? Is there anybody….

Did you have an enjoyable trip or not yet? Would be interested in hearing anyway.

i advise a quarter square all the time when it's somebody who's a little nervous and/or it's been a while - they're almost always thankful for that recommendation after the fact when i hear back

what do you guys think of the holding the blotter on your tongue as opposed to just swallowing it? i still do the tongue but the few times where ive accidentally swallowed it real quick, i didn't notice any difference

what do you guys think of the holding the blotter on your tongue as opposed to just swallowing it? i still do the tongue but the few times where ive accidentally swallowed it real quick, i didn't notice any difference
Absorption though the mouth avoids first pass metabolism. There are several studies that show blood plasma levels of LSD after sub-lingual is significantly higher than after swallowing. There is a particular enzyme that destroys LSD (I forgot the name but just read the article today) that people have in different proportions based on genetics. Concentrations of that enzyme determine how much LSD is lost to first pass metabolism. It can really vary a lot by individual.

Food in the gut can also reduce absorption by up to 50 % and stomach Ph also influences absorption.

always under the tounge this is how we do it every time for the fastest rate of it entering us and most powerful. it should not matter to much but if u aint putting in under ur tounge ur doing a inferior method.

I try to do it sublingually, thinking it’ll help me avoid the fluttery stomach on the comeup. But I usually forget a few minutes in and have yet to go “ok now it’s time to swallow.” It just ends up working its way down somehow.

I think I heard way back in the day, that it would hit faster if you held it under the tongue, so stuck with that all throughout, thought I’m not sure there’s a noticeable diff.
I’ve heard of folks placing it on their gum as well.

All I know is, sometimes it can be felt in 15-20 minutes, whereas if I have a meal first, that’ll sometimes be an hour delay until first feeling it.
Does avoiding first-pass speed up the absorption at all, @Perforated?
I’m betting it does, but never kept track.

I thought the original question was centred around the taking of 1/4 of a tab of acid.
Even a greymarket RC has variability on each tab. Sometimes I get quite surprised by my 1/4 tabs!
I got lazy and stopped volumetric dosing for a while and a few times ate hot 1/4 tabs that rendered a “strong” enough experience for a first-timer; hence the caution.
VERY few of us have the ideal of knowing the exact mcg per dose unit, so that’s more context for the given responses around using the 1/4 tab as a starting point.
Hair-splitting on my part, maybe, 1/4 tab is gonna be fine 9/10 times for 9/10 people. Outliers are just that.

If it was a Void Ream I got a year and a half ago, a 1/4 slice would be quite . . . intense for a first-timer who’s actually asking about a good starting point. o_O

Also, I feel that until I can go to sleep, I’m still affected by the drug in some way, and the “afterglow” was always considered part of the trip for me, just because it’s detectable and wasn’t present before ingesting the drug.

Does avoiding first-pass speed up the absorption at all, @Perforated?
I’m betting it does, but never kept track.
There is little data I can find on how effectively LSD crosses the blood-brain barrier and the mechanisms by which it does so. There is also a lack of data on the role that it’s metabolites play in the psychadelic experience (i.e. whether the byproducts of metabolism contribute to psycho activity). But everything I’ve read says sub-lingual comes on quicker and stronger than oral. This may be because blood vessels used by the oral route transport LSD directly to the parts of the brain where it has its effect without first pass metabolism in the hepatic system. Interestingly 99 % of LSD is metabolised and only 1 % excreted unmetabolised but the bioavailability of oral is only around 75 % on average in studies examining it, meaning 25 % gets metabolised into a large number of other substances before becoming psychoactive.