• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides LSD first timer. Questions and suggestions

I just wanted to know if you felt a difference between letting it sit on your tongue or straight down the hatch...save the science other than your own science šŸ”­

It actually didn't seem to take that long to come up (maybe an hour) and when i did come up it seemed rather all at once. I also vomited which is something I've never done on LSD before or since but that could be because i was hungover.

Only DOx ive had is DOM which is a beautiful mescaline replacement.

I just wanted to know if you felt a difference between letting it sit on your tongue or straight down the hatch...save the science other than your own science šŸ”­
For me, I just keep it under my tongue until it basically dissolves. Iā€™ve never swallowed straight up so canā€™t say. Even taking 10 I kept them under my tongue for an hour.

Strength and duration wise, Im really not convinced it makes any noticeable difference.

A few times in my life, not many, one in particular Iā€™ve no clue the dosage but they were some wicked LSD trips. I bought 3 at dawn at a rave, after 25 MDMA pills in two nights and ketamine.

I have a clear visual memory of standing next to the girl as she held the sheet, you know when youā€™re right off it, just casually patiently standing watching somebody shuffle your serving out.

It was mega windy. It looked like a game show the manoeuvre, striking me as peculiarly longwinded and awkward.

She was chill, I was hallucinating so much on ketamine I just watched her play with these tabs in the wind seeing all sorts of crazy shit.

We drove home (not me) about 8.30 am.

I took one of the 3 tabs on way home. This guy I had never met before, friend of a friend was jealous, he was dropping hints, he wanted one of my tabs.

No chance haha. I had a whole sunny Sunday ahead.

I was dropped off, dashed home, freshened up.

I arranged to meet a skunk dealer, who lived across the road from the lady dealer and actual friendā€™s house who had ketamine 350 days of the year, just not 100% guaranteed occasionally.

Before leaving home, I put the other two acid tabs on my tongue.

In a split second, they fizzed like mad, like popping candy and the paper just spontaneously evaporated.

I met my skunk dealer, stirred the slow wakes ketamine household, then it was ketamine session from 11 am to about 3 am.

The acid hit me properly about 6 pm that day. It came on bizarrely slowly then absolute whallop.

I was trying to play chess I recall, was sort of roped into it, and in true ketamine style, the living room was literally hills and valleys.

It turned into one of the most insane trips of my life. Ridiculous ketamine session in a packed, peaceful social environment.

I lost about 4 hours of conscious memory, which only flashed back to me 2 days later when I was reminded by them all.

As she answered to me I saidā€¦Hi ā€¦are you alright. As you do.

She said quickly and emphatically, ā€œyeah Iā€™m alright are you alright? You were proper fucked last night, or the other night. Iā€™ve never seen you like that before. Your eyes were blazing.ā€

I went to score ketamine and chill. Iā€™d made quite a spectacle by being so obviously totally wasted.

Zero bad time. Pure harmony socially.

I introduced them all initially, to sniffing K from loose kitchen tiles. I supplied the house with a variety of shapes, colours and sizes, including an extra long white tile.

She loved that one. ā€œDonkey linesā€ we called them. Great long things. Up to a gram easily, never much below 0.5.

I was passed the tile on a couch about 2 am maybe, going around, huge lines in row for each contestant.

I forgot at the time, it flashed back, but as I was passed the tile, something possessed me, I had my left hand up high holding the tile horizontally.

For some reason, I dropped it like an elevator falling, to ground zero lap level dead stop, still in my hand.

And just broke out into laughter. Eyes madly ablaze I was told.

Iā€™d spilt all the ketamine everywhere. It was all over me, my clothes.

I totally forgot all this had happened. I was so wasted I stopped recording.

But it came back in flashes. So then, I had flashbacks of about 6 people sniffing up all the ketamine constantly reminding donā€™t move lol.

I very well may have had about 3 grams that day.

That acid was something special though.

Only one other time that happened, the Fizz. 3 very large, very strong tabs on a NYE, I put them in my mouth to hold fora while, in 3 seconds they had fizzed and disappeared.

So, it isnā€™t always possible to hold the tabs under your tongue whether you want to or not.

And liquid acid, you canā€™t really keep it under your tongue for long. It quickly becomes a part of your saliva and makes way to the digestive tract.

Nobody feels they need to avoid swallowing liquid acid for best effects? Or put it on paper to absorb sublingually. I actually stopped holding below tongue ages ago. I never missed anything noticeable. I just chew the paper to mache and down usually, but never on a full stomach.

To me, the bodyload on DOB is ridiculous. DOM's boyload I can appreciate as it's a lot lighter and the psychedelic euphoria it induces melts right into it. DOB is just too much, and the R-isomer is even more potent on its own.

has anyone here tried the separate isomers of the DOX

I have a funny feeling r-DOC and r-DOM would be something special.

Strength and duration wise, Im really not convinced it makes any noticeable difference.

A few times in my life, not many, one in particular Iā€™ve no clue the dosage but they were some wicked LSD trips. I bought 3 at dawn at a rave, after 25 MDMA pills in two nights and ketamine.

I have a clear visual memory of standing next to the girl as she held the sheet, you know when youā€™re right off it, just casually patiently standing watching somebody shuffle your serving out.

It was mega windy. It looked like a game show the manoeuvre, striking me as peculiarly longwinded and awkward.

She was chill, I was hallucinating so much on ketamine I just watched her play with these tabs in the wind seeing all sorts of crazy shit.

We drove home (not me) about 8.30 am.

I took one of the 3 tabs on way home. This guy I had never met before, friend of a friend was jealous, he was dropping hints, he wanted one of my tabs.

No chance haha. I had a whole sunny Sunday ahead.

I was dropped off, dashed home, freshened up.

I arranged to meet a skunk dealer, who lived across the road from the lady dealer and actual friendā€™s house who had ketamine 350 days of the year, just not 100% guaranteed occasionally.

Before leaving home, I put the other two acid tabs on my tongue.

In a split second, they fizzed like mad, like popping candy and the paper just spontaneously evaporated.

I met my skunk dealer, stirred the slow wakes ketamine household, then it was ketamine session from 11 am to about 3 am.

The acid hit me properly about 6 pm that day. It came on bizarrely slowly then absolute whallop.

I was trying to play chess I recall, was sort of roped into it, and in true ketamine style, the living room was literally hills and valleys.

It turned into one of the most insane trips of my life. Ridiculous ketamine session in a packed, peaceful social environment.

I lost about 4 hours of conscious memory, which only flashed back to me 2 days later when I was reminded by them all.

As she answered to me I saidā€¦Hi ā€¦are you alright. As you do.

She said quickly and emphatically, ā€œyeah Iā€™m alright are you alright? You were proper fucked last night, or the other night. Iā€™ve never seen you like that before. Your eyes were blazing.ā€

I went to score ketamine and chill. Iā€™d made quite a spectacle by being so obviously totally wasted.

Zero bad time. Pure harmony socially.

I introduced them all initially, to sniffing K from loose kitchen tiles. I supplied the house with a variety of shapes, colours and sizes, including an extra long white tile.

She loved that one. ā€œDonkey linesā€ we called them. Great long things. Up to a gram easily, never much below 0.5.

I was passed the tile on a couch about 2 am maybe, going around, huge lines in row for each contestant.

I forgot at the time, it flashed back, but as I was passed the tile, something possessed me, I had my left hand up high holding the tile horizontally.

For some reason, I dropped it like an elevator falling, to ground zero lap level dead stop, still in my hand.

And just broke out into laughter. Eyes madly ablaze I was told.

Iā€™d spilt all the ketamine everywhere. It was all over me, my clothes.

I totally forgot all this had happened. I was so wasted I stopped recording.

But it came back in flashes. So then, I had flashbacks of about 6 people sniffing up all the ketamine constantly reminding donā€™t move lol.

I very well may have had about 3 grams that day.

That acid was something special though.

Only one other time that happened, the Fizz. 3 very large, very strong tabs on a NYE, I put them in my mouth to hold fora while, in 3 seconds they had fizzed and disappeared.

So, it isnā€™t always possible to hold the tabs under your tongue whether you want to or not.

And liquid acid, you canā€™t really keep it under your tongue for long. It quickly becomes a part of your saliva and makes way to the digestive tract.

Nobody feels they need to avoid swallowing liquid acid for best effects? Or put it on paper to absorb sublingually. I actually stopped holding below tongue ages ago. I never missed anything noticeable. I just chew the paper to mache and down usually, but never on a full stomach.

Full stomach doesn't seem to make a difference for me either...in fact, im better off eating before i drop because then im hungry 3 hours in and im a little too much of a mess....and for whatever reason, i become a vegetarian on acid - can't eat meat...although i can eat fish....sometimes i'll bake some cod on acid but i can do that because it's always 400Ā° for 12 min.....but it's always just easier to eat an avocado or slice up a melon....or make myself a plate of hummus with some pita

but yea - ive never quite figured out why sometimes i start tripping 30-40 min. in, with the average being 60 minutes, and sometimes, but rarely, it's 2 hours later....

and the last time i just swallowed them, which every time i do swallow them, it's not intentional, but the last time, hit me in 30 minutes - in fact, i was expecting a delay and it ended being quicker hitting than normal

so im not so sure it is all true as everybody claims it is....even tho i continue to let everything melt on tongue....but i definitely don't think whether it's under your tongue or on top, that it makes any difference at all - that one ive experimented many times, and i think it's folklore

Well, thanks for setting me straight, @unodelacosa - you sure know everything.
I never claimed to know everything. You're too old for this kind of childish response, are you serious with this?
I love how you helped the original poster and contributed a beautiful attitude to this thread.
Thanks. I try. I love how you have no better response than to turn to sarcasm here.

My points, summarily are:

1. A dose of 25 Āµg is not a ā€œstrongā€ dose by any stretch of the imagination. You will be disappointed if you think otherwise. I think we all agree on this, and @AutoTripper was trying a little too hard to stand by his initial descriptor ("strong") of this quarter hit dosage.
2. Acid trips do not typically last 24 hours, discounting any "afterglows".
3. Telling someone new to acid the opposite of either of the above (that 25 Āµg is strong, and that acid lasts 24 hours) is setting the wrong expectations.

So I don't know why you keep asserting more shit about the supposed worthiness of a 25 Āµg dose. I've admitted it's active and most people will feel something just nothing strong. Is there anything you disagree with here?

Hope to see you all over the forums with that amazing knowledge and experience,
I guess you think you're putting me down here, but you sound like someone who got old but never gained any wisdom. This is some childish shit you're engaging in here with this. You know that, right?
helping folks see how wrong they are about their own lived experiences.
Now you're just trolling. Tell me exactly when did I do this? Seriously, quote it. When did I ever do this? Or are you making shit up and grasping at straws b/c you don't have jackshit to say?
Would love to meet you in person!
What is that supposed to be some kind of threat? What a bitch-ass thing to say. Ooh tough guy making threats over the Internet to a stranger. Goddamn, this was one sad motherfuckin' reply you spray-shat on this thread. Great contribution. Thanks so much.

So I don't know why you keep asserting more shit about the supposed worthiness of a 25 Āµg dose. I've admitted it's active and most people will feel something just nothing strong. Is there anything you disagree with here?
Just your general way of being.
If 25ug is unworthy of your tongue, then just take more.

The OP, read it again, was actually asking about that amount. Seems fair what we all advised.
Maybe relax a bit and accept my apology for any discomfort Iā€™ve caused you-and we can move on?
Nothing pompous or authoritative was ever intended.

One thing we can all agree on is that neither you nor I can have knowledge of a new memberā€™s background, chemistry, meds, etc. As such, I will always err on the side of caution. Once again, a person finding a firsttime experience lacklustre could always consider that and try again, titrating upward until a good level is found for them.

Why argue against that position?
Anyway, I also hear you and do concede that underdoses can be uncomfortable - in fact may turn folks off from trying it again. But that might be whatā€™s right (or wrong) for them - we have no way of knowing behind our keyboards.

25 is not ā€œstrong,ā€ but rather noticeable and, a good way to try it out if someone/s a little shy. Kiddie pool. Learn to swim. Deep end.
Weā€™re not all able to jump right in as easily as some, so thatā€™s the spirit and intent behind my words and Autotripperā€™s.

Hoping we can chill a bit and get along - like I said - meeting you in person would be great and a chance to chat without missing non-verbal cues!
If youā€™re ever in Van, message me. :)

has anyone here tried the separate isomers of the DOX
I had the chance to sample the R-isomer of 2,5-dimethoxy-4-bromoamphetamine, aka DOB, stereoselectively resolved with one of the isomers of tartaric acid. It was unbelievably potent; knocked the wind right out of me. I too have wondered about the potency of the R-isomer of the other DOx series drugs. I cannot imagine a similar potentiation would not occur.
I have a funny feeling r-DOC and r-DOM would be something special.
Right, that logic certainly adds up in my mind as well. To experiment, all one really needs is a sufficiently large enough sample and some d-tartaric acid to make one isomer selectively form crystals and thus be physically separable. Oh yeah and, you know, legal clearance to do so. Details, details.

legal smegal hehe.

yep we all get the rc's legally not sure how any amphet can be legal in any country but hey it takes time

for them to catch up.

then again I can not understand why an substituted amphet can be illegal.

better to drink and smoke your self into the grave than feel something real

Just your general way of being.
You don't know me, brother. I post on this site genuinely to try to help raise awareness of harm reduction techniques and to spread knowledge and education on how to use drugs responsibly. That's literally 100% my m.o. Why else would I bother with this? I do it toā€”and forgive me, this sounds triteā€”but I do it to give back to the community, so to speak. Maybe help offset some of the damage I may have done when I was a much younger man. I don't know. But I'd appreciate it if you didn't attempt to sum me up so quickly and consider yourself to understand my "general way of being."

I guess you've probably got my tone all wrong in your head. I have to take the blame for that one. I think my sardonic humor comes across as spiteful vitriol or something, but that's not really my attitude. Sorry.
If 25ug is unworthy of your tongue, then just take more.
Man, I'm just talking about setting expectations for OP. I was talking about this very subject over on another thread: https://www.bluelight.org/xf/thread...e-gonna-do-it-soon-today.903027/post-15211886 I made the same prediction that the OP there wouldn't hardly feel any kind of trip when she and her BF each took a quarter of a hit. She confirmed I was right (as was the sentiment of the rest of the thread). I wasn't making comment on anyone deciding to take only 25 Āµg. That's up to each individual. You seem hellbent on implying that I'm not cool with people only taking 25 Āµg or like I'm trying to dictate exactly what dose everyone needs to take. I'm not saying that at all. People should take whatever the fuck they want, probably what they feel comfortable with, but also it's okay to stretch comfortability here and there for bold adventuresā€¦ I digress. Point is: I was only talking about setting and managing user expectations.
The OP, read it again, was actually asking about that amount. Seems fair what we all advised.
Agreed.
Maybe relax a bit and accept my apology for any discomfort Iā€™ve caused you-and we can move on?
šŸ¤
Nothing pompous or authoritative was ever intended.
šŸ‘ Likewise.
One thing we can all agree on is that neither you nor I can have knowledge of a new memberā€™s background, chemistry, meds, etc. As such, I will always err on the side of caution. Once again, a person finding a firsttime experience lacklustre could always consider that and try again, titrating upward until a good level is found for them.
Again, I don't disagree, but if history is any indicator, I would just also point out that they will most likely have a super light experience. Otherwise they may find themselves a bit disappointed. I know I would've been.
Why argue against that position?
Well I guess because it's a bit like saying we should all drive our cars no faster than 25 miles per hour (~40 kph) anywhere and we should all wear helmets and other protective gear while we ride around in any automobiles. It's just not realistic to think people are going to be that cautious even though I'm pretty certain it would drastically alter traffic accident statistics. Not trying to be argumentative here, honestly. And then also I feel pretty strongly there's a good reason why 100 Āµg is the "standard dose" unit. All due respect to your position here regarding titration but I think maybe a more honest and realistic approach to how people tend to experience their first trip would be more effective. But then, I'm assuming that most people taking acid for the first time will start with a single dose of blotter like I did. This is probably a personal bias and for all I know, most first-time trippers these days actually do start with a quarter hit of acid on average. I cannot say as I don't have those facts and figures right nowā€¦
Anyway, I also hear you and do concede that underdoses can be uncomfortable - in fact may turn folks off from trying it again. But that might be whatā€™s right (or wrong) for them - we have no way of knowing behind our keyboards.
Again, I'm just kinda laying my faith in the 100 Āµg dose standard. Maybe you're right though, and this is just my own stupid adherence to some kind of would-be dogmatic tradition. For reals, I'm open to admitting I'm wrong on any of this stuff.
25 is not ā€œstrong,ā€ but rather noticeable and, a good way to try it out if someone/s a little shy. Kiddie pool. Learn to swim. Deep end.
Weā€™re not all able to jump right in as easily as some, so thatā€™s the spirit and intent behind my words and Autotripperā€™s.
Yeah, I know. I've said this all along. We've never disagreed on this point. You're not reading what I'm writing or something. Perhaps I was just getting caught up on semantics, but @AutoTripper literally used the word "strong" to describe tripping on 25 Āµg. It's earlier in the thread. When I pointed it out, he was insistent that it could be referred to as a "strong trip." I should've just let it go, but I'm a pedantic twat so I insisted that virtually no one who's ever taken 25 Āµg of LSD would be willing to call the experience a ā€œstrong tripā€ in my best conjecture. Let's just say @AutoTripper and I are both rather stubborn at times ;)
Hoping we can chill a bit and get along - like I said - meeting you in person would be great and a chance to chat without missing non-verbal cues!
Oh sorry, you meant that for reals. My bad. Ah fuck, I'm probably just institutionalized stillā€¦ sorry for being so defensive.
If youā€™re ever in Van, message me. :)
Forgive my ignorance here, but um, does that mean Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada? (Hmpf, then I guess my earlier conversion of miles to kilometers wasn't unwarranted after all, lol! :) )

For me, I just keep it under my tongue until it basically dissolves. Iā€™ve never swallowed straight up so canā€™t say. Even taking 10 I kept them under my tongue for an hour.
LSD in an acidic context will convert it to the stereoisomer iso-LSD. This can be flipped back by treating it with a basic solution, but I think it could be reasonable to speculate some of the LSD could be converted to this less active form upon hitting our stomach acid depending on our internal pH. So maybe bioavailability is increased by predosing with a spoonful of baking soda dissolved in a glass of water and a couple of Tumsā€¦ Raising your renal pH certainly increases the bioavailability of amphetamine-class drugs, after all.

Plugging LSD is really unquestionably stronger. More than by eye, which
I know is lunatic, but I did it, about 7 times maybe long time past.

I never had plugged acid until this year though. Of those 3 or 4 if we distinguish swallowing, plugging has had the deepest and strongest effect on me. Itā€™s so smooth, minuses the tummy effects, no edge to the comeup but it was just wasting me too much in the end.

Thanks, @unodelacosa - youā€™re a gentleman for sure! :)
Iā€™m very glad we both put down the spikes, and glad youā€™re here!!
Yes, Vancouver Canada, nit Washington.

Speaking on bioavailability - whatā€™s your take on consuming a cola beverage before dropping a tab? Something I heard once about the phosphoric acid doing something, or was that for shrooms?

Thanks, @unodelacosa - youā€™re a gentleman for sure! :)
Iā€™m very glad we both put down the spikes, and glad youā€™re here!!

Speaking on bioavailability - whatā€™s your take on consuming a cola beverage before dropping a tab? Something I heard once about the phosphoric acid doing something, or was that for shrooms?
Hi mate. You just reminded me of a bizarre experience. 2002, we had a batch of very strong mega trippy MDA Buddha pills.

One time, I had a glass of cola and I crushed two of the pills into powder, a sizeable dose of 120 mgā€™s each surely, to mix into the cola glass.

Now I canā€™t remember exactly how I went about it as what happened was so fast, unusual and unexpected.

So I either added cola on top of the powder or vice versa.

Thinking I would have time to drink it down at convenience.

But there was a mad chemical reaction, fizzing, the coke just bubbled up and rose fast towards the top of the glass, like a burst cork.

I had to instantly tip it down me or lose the two pills.

As I tipped it back, I felt no liquid or substance at all, just evaporated gas entering me.

Was so peculiar. It was like taking MDA by aerosol. I could so easily have choked on it but luckily didnā€™t.

So be cautious anyone mixing Eā€™s with fizzy drinks.

Last edited:
Plugging LSD is really unquestionably stronger. More than by eye, which
I know is lunatic, but I did it, about 7 times maybe long time past.

I never had plugged acid until this year though. Of those 3 or 4 if we distinguish swallowing, plugging has had the deepest and strongest effect on me. Itā€™s so smooth, minuses the tummy effects, no edge to the comeup but it was just wasting me too much in the end.

ha! i didn't know you can stick it up your ass too!

i know what im doing this weekend šŸ‘‰šŸ‘ŒšŸ’©

what do you mean by "but it was just wasting me too much in the end." ? :unsure:

ha! i didn't know you can stick it up your ass too!

i know what im doing this weekend šŸ‘‰šŸ‘ŒšŸ’©

what do you mean by "but it was just wasting me too much in the end." ? :unsure:
Mate, it works so wickedly. I do get G.I. and respiratory issues with big doses orally, but plugging is zero of that. Itā€™s more transcendental, way smoother.

One 600 ug plug was the deepest, most mystical 600 ug Iā€™ve had.

It was all on an 18 day 8 mg bender. I found the frequent plugging was just having a much more powerful effect on my mind and consciousness. Like just not something I could do all the time.

Wet the tabs just prior, to soften then little pinkie and up but not through, just shy of there lol. It never failed to work, and felt lovely in the places when acid doesnā€™t always feel so lovely, with the rest of the good on top.

No respiratory bother, I get mucus from anything even any food, even tea or coffee black and 99% of herbal teas.

Nor any digestive bother one bit.

My girlfriend has family in that area, and we're supposed to visit them soon, so who knows? Maybe I will. ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
I thought the carbonation had something to do with speeding up the intake of orally ingested drugs, including alcohol, which is partially what made those Four Loko drinks and their ilk so effective at rendering people into blackout states. The caffeine and alcohol hit really fast and sort of overwhelm your conscious brain with drunken rotgut bullshit, and then the lights are on but no one's home, lol. For me personally, if I take a benzo like Xanax or Etizolam and I want it to come on rapidly, I take it sublingually and then after about a minute I will chase this with something carbonated, and though this could be placebo, I swear it seems like comes on more rapidly that way.

I sometimes think about avoiding consuming LSD with tap water since the tiny amount of chlorine could destroy some of the tiny amount of LSD, per the late Dr. Shulgin's advice. Overall though I think keeping one's pH higher will help retain the a drug in the system and make it more available, and conversely if one wants to rid their body of a drug faster, a lower renal pHā€”the pH of one's urine, that isā€”the more acidic the system will be and the more rapidly your kidneys can make metabolites water soluble so you will excrete them out.

But to answer your question directly, given that most soda, colas, pop, whatever your region may call it, these drinks are generally acidic in nature, and would be more likely to have a negative effect on bioavailability than a positive one.

you thought he wanted to punch your lights out :LOL:
Yeah, lol, sorry @DrumTripper, I left prison a long time ago, but I guess some parts of it still stick with me. Did you know there are 2.2 million inmates in the U.S. (pop: ~330 mil) which is the largest amount of any country both in size and per capita? Second to the U.S. is India (pop: ~1.3 bil) with 1.9 million inmates. And roughly 1 in 4 of these U.S. inmates are doing time solely for ā€œvictimlessā€ (govt.'s wording, not mine), drug-trafficking offenses that are not real crimes in the first place. Who ever heard of a victimless crime? I guess I'm just trying to play the "don't blame me; blame the drug war" victim card for missing social cues like a regular sperglordā€¦