• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

LDN for reducing opioid tolerance

Yes I don't even feel withdrawal going from 24mg a day to 6mg a day. It's as if 6mg is a saturation point and the rest is just, there: perhaps doing other things but not μ-ligand increase.

If I'm not dependent on suboxone or other opioids could I take low doses of suboxone and then take other opioids for breakthrough pain on top of it without wasting or causing precipitated withdrawls-I have heard that some doctors do this combination? And if so how low to go with the bupe. Would 2 mg be low enough

^taking another opioid after Suboxone is in your system shouldn't cause precipitated withdrawals (unless it's a rare situation where it is another mixed inverse agonist)

It would have to be potent. I know remifentanil is used to break through on people who are on vivitrol/naltrexone who need pain relief. This is in a clinical setting though.

How insane would it be, if one isn't a daily user and has some tolerance but not intense dependence, to take a full or half dose of narcan to just totally reset tolerance

Narcan/naloxone is very short acting. I OD'd and was hit five times in a row in a hospital setting, every ten minutes until I stayed awake after the ten minute mark without it. I don't recall it doing much of anything to my tolerance.

Perhaps an extended period of exposure to it, I haven't heard/read any reports of anybody coming off vivitrol/naltrexone and how much of a full agonist effected them and to what degree. I'd assume it would be easier to OD immediately after it fully or mostly left ones system

What would the negative effects of that ne ?
^taking another opioid after Suboxone is in your system shouldn't cause precipitated withdrawals (unless it's a rare situation where it is another mixed inverse agonist)
My concern isn't precipitated withdrawal its wasting the full agonist. Wondering, for pain, If I could take a really small dose of bupe and then full agonist on top still get the effects. Like.5 mg or 1 mg bupe.

What would the negative effects of that ne ?

My concern isn't precipitated withdrawal its wasting the full agonist. Wondering, for pain, If I could take a really small dose of bupe and then full agonist on top still get the effects. Like.5 mg or 1 mg bupe.

Since I'm a chronic pain patient who uses opioids intermittently for flares and not daily, and would like to keep tolerance low, sometimes i use low dose naltrexone on days when I dont take opioids. However, this doesnt always work to keep my tolerance from building, so I figured I would take a full dose of narcan (like the nasal spray version used to revive opioid addicts OD-ing) on an "off day" where I'm not using, or not using much, to reset my tolerance 100 percent.

A) would a 4-8mg nasal naloxone dose reset my tolerance completely if my tolerance is not that high to begin with (chipping, not daily user), and B) given the naloxone half life how long should I wait after the dose to take my opioid again?

Im guessing i should wait at least two hours but should four or five hours be a totally safe bet?

Naloxone doesn't magically reset tolerance. If it did, people would be using it all the time (and also, people who were revived with massive doses of naloxone would have noticed such a magic effect). All it's going to do is make you feel like shit for a while.

There is no way to reset tolerance besides abstinence for a long period of time, and even then, studies show that tolerance will return almost immediately to its previous levels if you restart the opioid use.

The half life of naloxone is about an hour to an hour and a half, so it's fully cleared from the body in about 7 to 10 hours.

Naloxone doesn't magically reset tolerance. If it did, people would be using it all the time (and also, people who were revived with massive doses of naloxone would have noticed such a magic effect). All it's going to do is make you feel like shit for a while.

There is no way to reset tolerance besides abstinence for a long period of time, and even then, studies show that tolerance will return almost immediately to its previous levels if you restart the opioid use.

The half life of naloxone is about an hour to an hour and a half, so it's fully cleared from the body in about 7 to 10 hours.
It seems even using low dose naltrexone for a few days in a row helps up regulate opioid receptors , via partial blockade. I thought maybe full blockade would do it faster. But I guess that you would have to take it more than once for that to work. Anyway thus has been a magical experiment and a waste of Narcan but I didn't actually feel that terrible bc although I have some tolerance I don't have enough dependence to have precipitated withdrawals from Narcan. ISs there something special about low doses of naloxone and naltrexone in terms of attenuating opioid tolerance or could full doses do the same thing if you take them many days in a row

Try adding a little Benadryl (diphenhydramine) to your opiate instead?

Wonder if liposomal formulations might be good for other opioids like morphine then. Liposomal opium perhaps ? One can apparently make them with alcohol, phosphatidylcholine and A blender

Poppy sea tea by the intense and prolonged shaking that is imparted in the process of making it and extensive lipids in the solution essentially create a sort of liposomal opium. The duration of action far exceeds or opium on poppy pod tea. It's almost methadone like (and with the similar sort of protracted withdrawal syndrome).

Also I'm planning to buy xenon soon , since I finally got my fucking stimulus check

Xenon? How is that supplied?

Always wanted to try that. Maybe one day they'll find me in a wrecked car lot cracking open headlights to inhale the xenon.

There is no way to reset tolerance besides abstinence for a long period of time..
Actually Ibogaine does reset opioid tolerance to baseline right after a flood dose! .. people have died after using again what they thought OP dose they used to handle (ie prior to Ibogaine) only to OD!!! That is one reason it is absolutely recommended not to use opioid after Ibogaine: The tolerance is all but completely eliminated!!!.. I suspect the reset is probably due to antagonism at a3b4 nicotinic cholinergic receptors. Non specific cholinergic antagonist like mecamylamine or memantine (or even simple cough syrup DXM) would probably do the same... Could also be NMDA antagonism...but of course nothing beats abstinence...

@dopamimetic seems to have experienced this miraculous rapid tolerance reset withmemantine , which I may try but left on other side of the country when I flew

I've used more than my fair share of memantine and never experienced any sort of tolerance reduction.
It might help to prevent the development of tolerance in the phase before it has already developed as other NMDA antagonistic drugs are thought to do.

what are you trying to use memantine for? i quit that shit FOR LIFE after i mixed it with suboxone. it caused me some of the biggest nightmares a human brain can handle. but to this day going back i assume its based on the fact i have been drinking alcohol all night until i sobered up and took them together. which both are known to severely alter and affect NMDA and glutamate.
GUYS, please never make the same mistake. this was HELL!
I tried it with suboxone and noticed nothing. Arenr many people prescribed opioids and memantine together. Like alzheimer's patients on opioids. Idk... are u sure it was that combo and not some other drug. What dose did u do. I never drunk alcohol in 5 years btw