Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Last 'good' movie you watched that was horrible versus. Last 'sucky' movie = good.

gran turino is ridiculous. the supporting cast are hopeless, clint is absurd trying to be a geriatric tough guy and the score is horrible (like in all recent clint directorials).

Eastwood should really get into improv comedy

As for the OP, I did not enjoy the Kill Bills. I love most of Tarantino's work, but while others were praising Kill Bill I was falling asleep and couldn't understand the hype.

gran turino is ridiculous. the supporting cast are hopeless, clint is absurd trying to be a geriatric tough guy and the score is horrible (like in all recent clint directorials).

Well, thanks for ruining that for me.
So far, I've found it better that most of the dreck I watch.
Feel free to suggest something better...if you want.

keep watching it, then. it was completely forgettable dribble to me.

better? ummm let me see... kill bill ;) (bardo, they may take a couple of viewings to enable the right mindset, they are fairly unique)

keep watching it, then. it was completely forgettable dribble to me.

better? ummm let me see... kill bill ;) (bardo, they may take a couple of viewings to enable the right mindset, they are fairly unique)

HOLY SHIT...Kill Bill over Gran Tarino? Okay, your opinion: no longer valid to me. Jesus.
Have mercy...

Taratino has fallen quite a bit from his heyday, sure, but he has style and he knows how to use it - Kill Bill's story is bland, but it's propelled by exciting action, beautiful cinematography (minus the "buried alive" scene in part 2 where Uma turns into a gopher for a few seconds), and a killer soundtrack.

Of the four things mentioned, Gran Torino only has the bland story.

Advantage: Kill Bill.

Kill Bill was all action, style? pft.
How about storyline or character development?

And, who judges a movie by the soundtrack, anyway?

Advantage: All In The Family. Gilligan's Island.
cast.jpg

Last edited:
And, who judges a movie by the soundtrack, anyway?

I judge every part of a movie, and considering that the soundtrack is 50% of your sensory experience, I'd say it's pretty important.

And Kill Bill isn't "All Action" - that characterization is best left to films like Transformers and GI Joe and other toy-turned-awful-movies. Granted, the fights were the centerpieces of each scene, but Tarantino is great at creating tension leading up to these scenes - you feel the stress and tension rise between each personal encounter until it eventually boils over into a climax. I never really got any sense of tension from Gran Torino, not even at the end because you know that he's going to (spoiler) get his ass martyred if you paid any attention up until that point. In Kill Bill, you know that Uma's character is going to win, but you want to see how because the fight scenes are so wonderfully filmed and choreographed. Kill Bill is not a great movie, but it's damn entertaining.

Last edited:
^ Elaborate. Being the centerpiece of a scene is not the same as being the entire scene, as I touched upon earlier. Kill Bill is an Action Movie, but it's got way more going for it than just the fight scenes.

you both need to see the japanese cut of kill bill 1. you might then understand its depths some more.

the extra gratuitous violence helps the charactarisation somehow. oh and it doesn't change to black and white in that massive fight. and it's extra violent. and extra gratuitous. more red colour.

^ I've seen it. It came as an extra on my copy of the DVD. Of the two, I think I like the Japanese more, but both cuts are solid imo.

when part 2 came out i was massively disappointed, but it grew on me quickly. much of my first reaction was as a result of reading the original script, when the story was shorter not split, the japanese schoolgirl killer had a twin and a bunch of other differences. good read if you can find it.

nice detective work, there ames. are you sure you're not batman? anyways, don't say... hey now can you find the original qt story from which both natural born killers and true romance were derived? i've sporadically looked over the years and have got nada success..

^ Elaborate. Being the centerpiece of a scene is not the same as being the entire scene, as I touched upon earlier. Kill Bill is an Action Movie, but it's got way more going for it than just the fight scenes.

If you really think 'Kill Bill' was all that... all I have to say is 'lol'.
Others will understand....I've got other shit to do.

If you really think 'Kill Bill' was all that... all I have to say is 'lol'.

That's cute. In other words, you have nothing to back up your opinion.

Others will understand....I've got other shit to do.

I understand - it takes a lot of effort to type out a few sentences for the sake of discussion. Copping a condescending attitude is clearly the best option.