Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Last 'good' movie you watched that was horrible versus. Last 'sucky' movie = good.

I think(?) the topic is to either list:

a) A critically acclaimed movie you thought was terrible OR (?)
b) A movie you thought or heard was going to be absolutely awful but, joyfully, turned out to be excellent and/or enjoyable to you.

For me:
a) Avatar
b) The Weatherman

"OR (?)" indeed. ... The title's "Versus" strongly implies an antagonistic AND, however the content of the OP's very own post is faithfully representative of "last 'sucky' movie=good" only, making utter folly of such an interpolation (we can only pray for guidance). Anybody within proximity of an android viewing this thread is advised to shield themselves from imminent explosion.

"Fire and Ice" (usually like Ralph Bakshi)
images
"Parents (1989)" (the title on the box had blood dripping from the text)

Last edited:
What about movies that are so bad at what they intend to be that they become hilarious and good?

In this category I have to nominate Damned River. A gang of cliched morons somehow ends up on a rafting trip in Zimbabwe with an absolutely over-the-top, gun-toting lunatic as their guide.

I think it's currently streaming on Netflix if anyone cares to validate this masterpiece.

I think(?) the topic is to either list:

a) A critically acclaimed movie you thought was terrible OR (?)
b) A movie you thought or heard was going to be absolutely awful but, joyfully, turned out to be excellent and/or enjoyable to you.

For me:
a) Avatar
b) The Weatherman

Well, someone got it. :)

Me, I thought 'Inception' was gonna be a real mind bender. A good one.
Still haven't seen the whole thing...sad. Confusing. Filled with half baked philosophy and rubbish, imo.

What about movies that are so bad at what they intend to be that they become hilarious and good?

In this category I have to nominate Damned River. A gang of cliched morons somehow ends up on a rafting trip in Zimbabwe with an absolutely over-the-top, gun-toting lunatic as their guide.

I think it's currently streaming on Netflix if anyone cares to validate this masterpiece.

Evil Dead falls into that category ...for me.
I was in love with that movie, 10 years ago.
Went back, for old time's sake, and it's just cheese.
But funny...same with Incredible Shrinking Man and Vincent Price's 'Last Man'
...a lot of old 50's, 60's horror films fall into that category.

good movie I thought was stupid - Avatar
movie I thought was going to suck but was ok - 21 Jump Street

^ I liked Shutter Island, so....take that for what it's worth.

Ok, last 'movie that was supposed to be good but sucked' I saw was The Avengers. Granted, I thought it would suck before watching it, so it wasn't a surprise.

Last 'movie I thought would suck but ended up being awesome' was Bubba Ho-Tep.

i read dennis lehane's book before watching the movie, and already thought there that the 'twist' was horrible, stupid and completely ruined the rest of the story for me.
anyway:
movie i thought would be stupid but i ended up enjoying immensely: end of watch.
movie that sounded absolutely great but that i didn't enjoy much: looper.

also, tucker & dale vs. evil was immensely entertaining and a surprisingly sweet movie at its core.

As to Shutter Island... It's not a bad movie but I was just expecting it to have a more convoluted plot, like a good psychological thriller. Instead it was just a straightforward story with a relatively cheap twist at the end.

But by all means see it and make your own conclusion. It might be exactly what you want.

oh yeah i forgot about the dark knight rises. while well made that movie was boring as shit.

I watched "Flight" the other day and I was very disappointed. Why, Denzel, WHY?!?!

I usually hate Johnny Derp movies, just out of principle.
....but Dark Shadows was really pretty cool.

I usually hate Johnny Derp movies, just out of principle.
....but Dark Shadows was really pretty cool.

Wow, really? Of all the Johnny Depp roles, Dark Shadows was your favorite?

I think you need to see more of his earlier work. Tim Burton/Disney movies are poor showcases of his talents.