• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

July Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
H
good luck opi! are you going to rehab after your detox? (over here detox and rehab facilities are often separate as detox is in hospital)

i'm settling into my new house though can't wait to get my bed cos i'm not sleeping too well and i'm sure not being comfortable isn't helping.

all my towels, which came straight from my old house where i was using to here, stink. i couldn't understand it at first cos i knew i did loads of laundry cos of how i was making money. then i remembered one of the worst days in my life. i don't know how long i'd been awake but i'd not slept the night before, and it started at 7am when i put some laundry in, and realised, i'd been using water softener as laundry detergent, and that's why my things had started to smell (i'd noticed this and not understood it since i was washing them). this guy i'd let stay over had used all mine and replaced it with an approximately similar box of not soap. then i managed to drop it on the floor, and drop my last pipe in with the white powder, so it was gone. then i accidentally texted my mum a rant about that instead of a friend.

then, i tried to rip a guy off cos i badly needed more money than he was gonna give me, and got nothing. then i went home, figured i should eat while i hadn't smoked for a bit so it was possible. managed to touch my eyes and face with chilli sauce on my hands and that killed for an hour. got 30 quid, went to score. was speeding down a hill on my bike thinking only about one thing, then saw a car coming up. braked, went over the handlebars, grazed myself badly and smashed my phone so couldn't score. got home. luckily someone knocked on me with a free sample of dark. borrowed his phone so i could try to make some money. arranged to make some money. his phone died 5 mins before the guy was gonna arrive, so made no money. called my best friend begging to borrow some money, he went on a massive rant at me about only calling when i want something. which was true. i got fed up of him ranting so just told him i didn't need his money i'd just go to get money in the red light district. at which point he transferred me the money, he didn't know i was prostituting myself anyway. then used the wrong card so i couldn't get the 30 quid, and thought it\d broken in my fall. frantically go round trying to find someone with a phone and bank card so i can get the money transferred and withdraw it. finally find someone after midnight. a direct debit has gone out and the £30 is gone. in desperation swap a whole strip of clonazepam for the tiniest pipe ever, then resign myself to not scoring and go to sleep.

i do not miss that life.
Crazy how when shot goes bad in addiction it goes very very bad

I've been working so much lately. 35 hours last week and 45 hours this week. It's great but I am ducking exhausted. Not used to this at all

Yeah going from little/no employment to like 30 hours/week is def. a challenge. It builds a lot of character/strength though so keep up the great work man! I'm proud of you. 35-40 hours is more than I work per week.

I am glad I did bupe to get off heroin. I don’t think I could have stayed off heroin otherwise in the long run.

Yeah I am glad bupe is an option I would be screwed otherwise

I think I am slowly coming out of my depression as I am going to cook myself a meal when I get home. My ex would have been proud if he was alive today.

What did you cook Cap'n? It's breakfast time for me and a farmers omlette sounds in order. Today is day one with absolutely no kratom. So far I feel great. I love self improvement. I'm quite addicted to the idea I'm growing.

dealing with grief as best I can, I feel like there's some progress being made every day though it feels lost every morning I wake up.

dealing with grief as best I can, I feel like there's some progress being made every day though it feels lost every morning I wake up.

Mornings are always the worst for me. Everytime I get clean, I wake up with this insane jolt of adrenaline/ cortisol that makes my chest tight and my head spin with fear. Most days if I don't have to jump up I won't want to get out of bed. Usually the call of the coffee pot cools my mind and the morning routine distracts me from my morning fit enough to roll into my day semi-comfortably.

Day 1 kratom free. After planning on yesterday being my first day, I wound up going to the kratom bar with my dad, who also likes to go. I took half my usual dose and had weird druggish dreams. I'm feeling pretty good right now but I woke up with the idea of ordering phenibut on my mind. Why? Because I'm a total addict, who enjoys a changed headspace. I need more friends and hobbies or something....lol... Hope everyone is having a good day

Last edited:
yeah even if i engineer myself not to wake up in the morning but whenever it's whenever I wake up it sucks. It's PTSD for sure for me. I fucking hate the disorder and what it's made my life like.

Hobbies are something I love and def. look into them man you seem like a real talented guy :)

wait did i just read KRATOM BAR right that is REAL?

Yeah.... We got a bunch of kava/kratom bars in the Orlando area. The one right down the street from my house is an old victorian style house, owned by a nice hippie couple. It has free pool tables and a nice selection of every strange herb that anyone could ever want to put into their bodies.

whoa...that is....so bizarre

and wonderful I must go some time lol

For sure. You live in So Cal? No? They have a bunch also. They are usually an awesome environment. Lots of interesting, intellectual and chill people. Though you will find a lot of hipsters and hippie, dippie type people there, espousing all kinds of strange esoteric practices and beliefs, so it helps to have an open mind. You would probably really enjoy it as a hangout alternative. I like kava for anxiety and depression more than benzos but it usually takes a couple of shells but then im floating.

Socal but have never heard of such places here will have to do some digging

All the hashbars kind of went up in smoke w/ legalization some how :(

I know a few shops where you can buy a dab but it's not like the big old fancy hash bars I have some very hazy memories of.

How fo they serve the Kratom there?
I usually mix it into a glass of ice tea or into herbal tea - btw has anyone else noticed that the Kratom seems to get on a bit stronger when prepared in tea or something hot? Might just be subjective, though.

Last edited:
How fo they serve the Kratom there?

All kinds of pre-made drinks and 2gm toss and washes. I only do the toss and washes but one time I accidently ordered a thing called a hot shot, which was some kind of spicy kratom tea to aid absorption. The kava drinks are kinda cool though. They more of a sit and chill kind of thing for me.

All kinds of pre-made drinks and 2gm toss and washes. I only do the toss and washes but one time I accidently ordered a thing called a hot shot, which was some kind of spicy kratom tea to aid absorption. The kava drinks are kinda cool though. They more of a sit and chill kind of thing for me.

Ah, so serving it hot does aid absorption?
Gotta say, I didn't hate the taste but didn't enjoy it either, but now I quite like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.