• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin I.V. Heroin Tips/Tricks Wanted

blue622

Greenlighter
Hey there, i'm not new to the bluelight forums(but just recently made an account). I've been searching around but was unsuccessful in finding a thread all about I.V. heroin and other users tips/tricks. To be more specific I would just like to know what other iv heroin users do to get a better high.. Ex: what foods to eat or avoid, where to inject... and so on. And a few examples of what i'm looking for is, but not limited to...

EXAMPLE QUESTIONS/STATMENTS

Where is the best place to tie off. (I've heard upper-middle section of biceps.)

I've heard to avoid drinking milk since it's a natural anti-toxin.

I've heard hen you get into the vein, if its light red blood instead of dark red then to pull out immediately because its a artery.

I've heard if injected in your hand/forearm after untying place your hand over your head so the blood rushes down and you feel it faster.

I've heard you should untie the turnakit before you pull the needle out to prevent brusing.

These are not really questions i'm asking.. Just more of a guideline of what i want I.V. heroin uses to share with me along with this thread. A few more things i'm looking for is how the user gets their best personal high... Any methods of getting higher with smaller amounts of heroin. Even down to things to do with dealing with with drawl/crashing... So in conclusion i'm looking for experienced users tips/tricks to a better high and damage prevention.

Thank you in advance to all contributions to my thread. :)

Most of that is BS....except for releasing the tie prior to injecting. Hitting an artery isn't easy....google "harm reduction"...l.there's a booklet available in pdf form that takes you through the whole process!

The best place to tie off would IMO is the upper bicep or even slightly higher toward my shoulder but still on my arm.

About the milk thing, every time I drink milk, while high on dope, I loose my nod. I cannot PROVE that milk makes you less high, but I would love to see some documentation on it because everytime I got high I would avoid milk/dairy like the plauge.

As long as theres blood, also, if you start pushing off, and it starts to swell up(AS you push teh plunger); you've probably missed your vein.

I started out IVing, pulling the needle before loosing my belt, and by the end of the very 1st week, my arms were green purple and yellow. Since I untie before removing the needle, my arms dont bruise up. It also helps that I've only used twice since Aug1st.

As far as tips/tricks, hehe, I dunno what to tell you, I never fucked around with grapefruit juice or anything weird, I always just copped, and shot off.

Thank you menthol, thats exactly what i'm looking for in this thread. :)

my number one tip to somebody who hasn't IVed yet:
don't do it, you will regret it.

:\

You're supposed to untie right after you register, before you depress the plunger.

Some tips that come to mind right now:
  • -Test out every new batch.
  • -Shoot sitting down. That way, you won't fuck yourself up if you lose consciousness.
  • -ALWAYS use new syringes.
  • -Rotate sites as much as possible.
  • -Don't reuse cottons.
  • -Don't share anything that may come in contact with someone else's needle.
  • -Don't drink or eat too much before your high, or even during your high. You may vomit.
  • -Don't assume people can't tell you're high. Especially don't assume this with cops.
  • -Using more than 3 doses per week usually leads to trouble.

If you miss, pull back on the plunger a bit to suck it back up and use the suction to find the vein.

Don't user the same spot more than once until it's completely healed or your veins will scar up and you won't be able to register.

- Make sure you get all the air out of the syringe before injecting. The air will make your heart explode...

Oh wait, is this MYTHS or TIPS? :|

Yea I'll play.

-If it sounds ridiculous, it isn't true.

-Every IDU has anecdotes. You only know what to accept as true and lie or coincidence after you have started a habit. No one who has never been addicted to IV Heroin can tell you about IV Heroin.

-Everyone knows the general rules to staying safe and non-dependant. Not shooting every day, rotating spots, always shooting closer to your heart than the last shot on a spot until all tracks are healed, not re-using cottons, not sharing equipment, and so on. Ever been in a room full of people shooting dope without a needle of your own? Ever been 30 hours dopesick with nothing but a baggie of used cottons? Ever almost shit, vomited and pissed yourself at the same time while trying to hurry up and register a hit? We're all Enlightenment philosophers arguing with ourselves always rationalizing. After the fact anyway. After you use that strangers needle, after you mutilate that vein.

-Listen to your gut. If it feels wronger than that normal "I'm doing something dangerous and stupid" wrong, get the fuck out of there before you get robbed or arrested.

-If you get to the point where you're googling "Intra-Thecal Injection" or "How To Tie Off Your Femerol Vein", really consider treatment.

-Methadone is always an option. Junkies hate it, until they get started and get a job and a family-social life again. Even if it's only for a week to figure shit out. You can always leave and then come back to it again.

sixpartseven said:
- Make sure you get all the air out of the syringe before injecting. The air will make your heart explode...

Oh wait, is this MYTHS or TIPS? :|

this is for tips and tricks, i'm sure we have heard all the myths ;) i want this thread to become a thread that veterans of I.V. heroin come to share their tricks of the trade that they learned over the years, a place where myself along with others can add to their favorites and check in on everyday to learn something new =D

The nice thing about "damage prevention" and "tips and tricks" with H is that in a few days/months/years you won't worry about any of these things. You'll just want it, and will sacrifice your health, your sanity, your safety, and your life to get it just one more time.

But you go ahead. Be the exception. Best of luck.

Regarding used cottons; use sterile cottons and allow them to dry out completely before any kind of sealed storage. I'm notorious for saving every used cotton (and piles of pill residue), and I've never gotten cotton fever a single time in 5 years of IVing. Obviously never use/save cottons that have had any contact, directly or indirectly, with any gear belonging to another person.

I don't think anyone directly mentioned the trick of pulling back the instant you break the surface to create a vacuum that automatically registers when you keep pushing in. This is very useful for veins that aren't just bulging out.

If you can hit your shots after releasing the tourniquet, then do it that way. But lots of people lose the vein when they take it off. To avoid damage and outright blowing a vein, tie it off as loosely as remains effective and always inject at least ~3 inches down from the tie off point, more if using the small veins of the hand or wrist.

If you feel any pain while you're pushing it in, you're doing something wrong, get out and try again.

A trickle of blood is not indicative of a properly inserted needle; you need a good strong flow of dark red blood. A trickle means a partial insertion or something else that will cause you to miss.

I don't care how well you know/trust your gf/bf, don't ever share equipment. A large portion of people with STDs don't even know they're infected; so just don't do it. It drives me crazy when I see people who think it's ok, which happens far too often.

Don't save rigs with blood in them because there's also dope in them longer than 24 hours or so. It took me getting severely ill for 24 hours 3 different times (not talking a STD type disease from other peoples blood; just an acute, transient infection from my own) before I decided it wasn't as clever of an idea as I had thought.

Being in jail for months or years sucks far worse than a few days of withdrawal, just think about that whenever you're about to do something stupid because you're broke and desperate for that next hit. Don't think "well at most I'd get off with probation", because odds are if your addiction is that bad you're just going to violate it and get fucked bad.

svacheme3 said:
Regarding used cottons; use sterile cottons and allow them to dry out completely before any kind of sealed storage. I'm notorious for saving every used cotton (and piles of pill residue), and I've never gotten cotton fever a single time in 5 years of IVing. Obviously never use/save cottons that have had any contact, directly or indirectly, with any gear belonging to another person.

I don't think anyone directly mentioned the trick of pulling back the instant you break the surface to create a vacuum that automatically registers when you keep pushing in. This is very useful for veins that aren't just bulging out.

If you can hit your shots after releasing the tourniquet, then do it that way. But lots of people lose the vein when they take it off. To avoid damage and outright blowing a vein, tie it off as loosely as remains effective and always inject at least ~3 inches down from the tie off point, more if using the small veins of the hand or wrist.

If you feel any pain while you're pushing it in, you're doing something wrong, get out and try again.

A trickle of blood is not indicative of a properly inserted needle; you need a good strong flow of dark red blood. A trickle means a partial insertion or something else that will cause you to miss.

I don't care how well you know/trust your gf/bf, don't ever share equipment. A large portion of people with STDs don't even know they're infected; so just don't do it. It drives me crazy when I see people who think it's ok, which happens far too often.

Don't save rigs with blood in them because there's also dope in them longer than 24 hours or so. It took me getting severely ill for 24 hours 3 different times (not talking a STD type disease from other peoples blood; just an acute, transient infection from my own) before I decided it wasn't as clever of an idea as I had thought.

Being in jail for months or years sucks far worse than a few days of withdrawal, just think about that whenever you're about to do something stupid because you're broke and desperate for that next hit. Don't think "well at most I'd get off with probation", because odds are if your addiction is that bad you're just going to violate it and get fucked bad.

Thank you for this great reply....

I can't believe everybody forgot about "if there is any pain when your pushing it in, you're doing something wrong". That's the first tip that was given to me when i started my I.V. adventures.

Oh yeah I just remembered another little tip for when you miss a shot. Go run it under hot water immediately... Raising the temperature will help the missed shot get absorbed into the muscle. And I believe you have up to twelve hours to do this to the missed area. ;)

Last edited:
blue622 said:

Oh yeah I just remembered another little tip for when you miss a shot. Go run it under hot water immediately... Raising the temperature will help the missed shot get absorbed into the muscle. And I believe you have up to twelve hours to do this to the missed area. ;)

Absolutely... The hotter the better! It works to the point where if you keep your arm under there long enough the missed shot will completely absorb. I would always do this if i I missed one...

Protip: Use the veins of the top of your arms! They're usually really fucking easy to hit, and if you're a guy, you've got enough hair to cover the marks, and they dont showup/bruise half as much and the forearm does. You just have to tie off to find em usually....

Last edited:
How do so many people miss shots? I mean, I can tell the VERY instant I start to push off; that I'm not in the vein, its easily identifiable and usally stings/burns when you try to inject, whilst not in the vein.

usually miss shots happen when your really hanging out for a taste and your hands are shaking and your not taking all the proper care you know you should take, you just want that gear inside as fast as possible

^ I dont know about that. I have never had shaky hands mess me up when IVing. They would have to be shaking pretty violently to throw you off that bad. If they are messing you up, try resting your hand on the forearm of the arm you are shooting in to to steady it.

I think most missed shots happen because people rush through the process and try to hit as fast as possible. If you take your time (I know, its very hard when youre sick) and make sure you register properly before AND after releasing the tie (if you even tie off to begin with. I dont), you should never have problems with missing.

Use small needles. As small as you can get. The more you shoot, more difficult it gets to find good veins. It's easier to shoot to tiny veins with a small needle.

0.3mm is best, 0.45 is ok, 0.5 is definitely too thick.

dread said:
0.3mm is best, 0.45 is ok, 0.5 is definitely too thick.

For Americans, that would be:
28G-29G is best, 25G is okay, 24G is definitely too thick.