• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants How do you rate caffeine as a drug?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
I've always responded very positively to stimulant drugs in the past.

I was initially coming from a background of chronic fatigue type symptoms so first stimulant I ever had was Ritalin, prescribed by a GP.
It was incredible cause suddenly I had all this energy and will to do stuff like work out and study etc.

Next big stim combo was Effexor with Mirtazapine - which isn't really a recreational stim but for my symptoms, it was rocket fuel - lol, I partied so hard on this combo.

And then I tried other stims like kratom based analogues, meth etc.

One of their big drawbacks (meth at least), is the complete preclusion of being able to nut.

Anyways, I developed initially a lower tolerance and then ironically, an intolerance for any and all stims.

But my body still craves some kind of pharmacological input - simply cause it's so pleasant.

I've been relegated to much milder agents however, and coffee is about as much as I can handle currently.

I guess you could say it's a "pick me up".

I actually came across caffeine as I was compulsively dosing "Solpidine", an OTC pain killer, for its codeine effect.
Then I got the dry cough treatment "codinex" which was purer codeine dosed higher and found it's effect underwhelming, so figured the positivity I was getting from Solpidine was probably from the pills high caffeine content of all things.

Widely used psychoactive.

Probably doesn't require harm reduction advice, nevertheless - how do you compare a strong cup of coffee to other stims?

Caffeine Anhydrous is some pretty strong shit. I would compare it to like some really weak coke.

5/10 absolutely nothing special but certainly not below average in terms of effectiveness as a stimulant

As dose raises horribly nervous side effects and shaky anxious bullshit make it fruitless past a certain point

I can't stand caffeine.

<50mg I can't even feel it.

>50mg horrible anxiety, headache, stomach ache, irritated, twitchy

Oddly chocolate has the same negative effects minus the anxiety

I used to enjoy coffee when I was a kid but something changed around age 16

I love most other stimulants, just not caffeine

I had my first cup of coffee at 25. I had tried almost every drug before that....

I actually enjoy caffeine, if I need to not fall asleep at work.

i am in search of some caffeine right now.
the asian stores would sell the real strong red bull shots in san diego. they were concentrated little tiny bottles that were so good and helped out allot.
so yes caffeine can be a mild drug in diluted quantities.

For me? It's shit.

It has only extremely mild stimulating properties and only for the first couple days I take it. After that it becomes next to worthless and I have to stop it for weeks before it does anything again.

On the other hand, I never seem get caffeine withdrawal either. I wonder if I actually don't metabolize it properly cause for the most part it's honestly like I'm not taking anything.

I can drink 2 redbulls and go to bed and have no problem falling asleep. It sucks.

Guarana pills were ime an improvement. Take 2500 mg and I would have an smooth, cooling, 4 to 6 hours caffein burst withouth the crash or sleeplessness.

Guarana contain's Caffein btw it's more like the way it works is some sort of time release. With added cooling effect's, Coffee heat 's me up.

If something stronger is available, it is nothing. But if not, yes.

I love coffee. I love its aroma and flavor. I've been through a lot of stages: days where I had 5 cups plus 2 Redbulls for breakfast and 3 cups after lunch and lots of Diet Coke and stages where I now only take 200-300mg. a day hopefully.

I stopped caffeine for a month and when I return its effects return in glory and majesty (the good ones). I think that despite everything, I have a good tolerance to caffeine I can take up to 600-1000mg. of caffeine and not suffer much anxiety. The insomnia thing does affect me a lot.

So, I rate:

caffeine (everyday) = 7/10
caffeine (every other day or after a long without time a cup of joe) = 9/10

One day I took about 400-600 mg. in an hour and I started talking without any anxiety or fear to any strangers during that day (rare being that I suffer from AD).

I've always wondered if the caffeine in coffee is very different from the caffeine in pills?

Are there any advantages in pills? Besides to not having bad breath and yellow teeth. :ROFLMAO:

I love coffee. I love its aroma and flavor. I've been through a lot of stages: days where I had 5 cups plus 2 Redbulls for breakfast and 3 cups after lunch and lots of Diet Coke and stages where I now only take 200-300mg. a day hopefully.

I stopped caffeine for a month and when I return its effects return in glory and majesty (the good ones). I think that despite everything, I have a good tolerance to caffeine I can take up to 600-1000mg. of caffeine and not suffer much anxiety. The insomnia thing does affect me a lot.

So, I rate:

caffeine (everyday) = 7/10
caffeine (every other day or after a long without time a cup of joe) = 9/10

One day I took about 400-600 mg. in an hour and I started talking without any anxiety or fear to any strangers during that day (rare being that I suffer from AD).
Well admittedly tastewise Coffee indeed beats them all. Something about the taste is unmatched.

I was purely refering to the Caffein effect's when I was rating them. My day starts after i got my first coffee in me. Its just the jitters and anxiety that makes it impossible to drink more then 2 mugs. And forget sleeping when I drink Coffee after I guess 15:00/ 16:00.

I've always wondered if the caffeine in coffee is very different from the caffeine in pills?

Are there any advantages in pills? Besides to not having bad breath and yellow teeth. :ROFLMAO:
Coffee contains 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.

Coffee manufacturers recover the caffeine and resell it for use in soft drinks and over-the-counter caffeine tablets. There is also mentions of anhydrous Caffeine. Which I know is sold as pill but I have no clue if this is any different.

What a science: Mateína the substance is beyond the definition of modern science, being similar to, but not exactly like, caffeine.

Last edited:
My body tolerates coffee and tea. Coffee actually calms me down so it helps in the morning. Tea can help my focus. White tea is my favorite but I also like yerba maté, guayusa and green and black/chai. Guayusa is powerful stuff. I think it's all the extra alkaloids in there but it feels psychedelic to me and if I drink several cups I'll start to relax and my sensory perception is altered. I like it

Caffeine by itself is neutral to me. It's a good mixer though

Black Tea: 10/10

Caffeine in general: 2/10

The only stimulant I still do but anything over ~200-300mg in a short span gives me wicked anxiety. Not as bad as the anxiety I used to get from meth, but it's defo a shitty reminder of that past unpleasantness.

Tea is the bee's knees though. I drink like 2L a day. Mostly for the taste. If it had no caffeine in it, I'd still drink it.

I can drink 2 redbulls and go to bed and have no problem falling asleep. It sucks.

I don't know the exact mechanism of action, but I've read about some sort of caffeine rebound effect where middling doses (which two RB would be, each having, what ~90mg of caffeine?) can be beneficial to sleep approx. an hour or so after ingestion.

Somebody please correct this if wrong.