• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery For Those Of You Who Quit Weed

Smoking weed used to take me to a place far away, and it truly was magic. All those beautiful nights spent in wonderland, it was a magical time. But once the dust settled, it no longer worked. It became no different than watching a cartoon. Reality became too real, the high too fake. Where I used to be able To let go in my place of escape, I could no longer do so. The mind refused to let go of the real life and the Highs became obsolete.

I will get back to being myself one day, no matter how long it takes.

I hate to admit it, but I've suffered a major setback. Over the course of the past 10 days, I took MDMA 2 times in 5 days. The results are devastating. All my progress made has been thrown out the window. Last use was 3/22 and 5 days later my depression and anxiety is beyond description. I am very mad at myself for allowing this to happen.

I have not touched weed since 12-13, so that is still in tact. I hope to God this doesn't last long. I have read that many people suffer at least 2-3 setbacks from their attempts to be clean from drugs, and I hope this is something which will pass

Hi, LawerLife... how are you feeling now that a few days have gone by since your MDMA experiences?

I hope you can give yourself a bit of latitude on this. I highly doubt that this slip nullified all the progress you've made. As you rightly point out, for many, many people, lapses are a natural part of recovery. The crucial thing about them is simply to come back from them and keep moving towards your goals. Slip-ups are *extremely* frustrating, for sure. But they don't necessarily mean much in the larger scheme of getting better.

9 days after my MDMA setback, I'm finally done with the panic attacks. The anxiety and depression are still there but manageable.

I'm determined to keep going.

Back to the severe panic attacks today ... horrible depression, anxiety ... I fucked up

The first 2 weeks ducked now I don't even think about it. Been like 6 months I thinks

The first 2 weeks ducked now I don't even think about it. Been like 6 months I thinks

Sorry to have lost track of where you stand, but, cj...you're off weed? I guess that makes sense due to UA's. I just ask b/c the timeframe you mention is interesting to me and I wanted to make sure I was reading it right.

Feeling better finally after the stupidity of doing MDMA. Almost 4 months since I last smoked up

Glad to hear you're on the mend at long last LL! Thank you for continuing to update us, it means a lot to see you checking in :)

Yeah I haven't smoked in almost 6 months. I quit smoking and picked up a benzo habit so it was a shit trade the methadone clinic forced on me. That 6 months could he wrong but it feels right... at the very least 4 months. Though I have had 2 or 3 slips in that time. I'm talking everyday fail a UA use.

4.5 months, approaching my longest break time. Still have not once thought about smoking up

Day 152 - Mind is as clear as it can be. Anxiety and depression as well as mood swings are still present.