Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Feminism

Status
Not open for further replies.
lostpunk5545 said:
It's kind of the perfect world argument. Women should be able to wear what they want and not get raped. But just because that is so, it doesn't mean that what they wear may not encourage a rapist.

That is exactly what Vale and I are trying to say.

Where to start with all of this....:\ Im sorry to hear that Uns and to anybody else who has had to deal with it!:( Im not one to go into my personal life on the net but my mother was raped at a young age and i was the product of that rape...:|
I know that its hard not to want to do something bout it Uns.. Trust me!! I had the chance to find out who it was when i was 25 but chose not to do so, wouldnt have been a great idea knowing what i was like back then. It makes me a better person today i hope! Talking about these things is good, helps to find a better you and understanding! :)

End of off topic....

Mr Samadhi - I am lost for words. That is intense...
That is incredible of your mother to still have you and raise you.... with the faith that you will grow and become the person you have.

Wow ...

Thank you for sharing that with us too ...

I bow to you for that.

Last edited:
I promised myself id never willingly bump this thread, but:

THE Department of Defence has scrapped recruitment advertisements criticised for their alluring content.

Defence spokesman Brigadier Andrew Nikolic said the military received complaints about the cartoons and recognised that sections of the community found some of the material inappropriate.

"As a result the chief of the defence force directed last Wednesday that the material be removed," he said on Southern Cross radio.

In one of the advertisements for the Royal Australian Army Dental Corps, the modern woman digger is depicted as a buxom , full-lipped wonderwoman wearing a tight-fitting white nursing outfit.

The posters, approved by the office of Chief of Army Lieutenant General Peter Leahy, included images of a uniformed brunette stirring a pot as a cook; wielding a large spanner as an engineer; singing up a storm with the army band and striding across the helicopter tarmac in a skin-tight flying suit.

The cartoon heroine fairly bursts out of her white medical gear in the Dental Corps poster.

"We want you" is the message scrawled across the posters in Indiana Jones script.

Unfortunately, many women in the military did not believe the "you" as depicted even existed and believed the posters sent inappropriate signals.

One senior air force officer was appalled by the portrayal.

"I think they are woeful and say a lot about how army males see the world," she said.

"They surely couldn't work and we wouldn't necessarily want the type of women attracted by the posters.

"I hope the RAAF doesn't go the same way."

The sexy Digger's male comrade is a chiselled-jawed man in skin-tight overalls.

A few examples:

0,,5586612,00.jpg
0,,5586614,00.jpg
0,,5586635,00.jpg

And a choice feminazism:

One female RAAF officer said the posters "said a lot about how army males see the world"

Agreed. It say that "Army males" see them as necessary to recruit to support the vital trades.

The first two posters look ok to me, though I've never seen anyone wearing their uniform that tight. The second is sleazy and stupid, and I can see why people would have a problem with it.

^ *cough* *cough* Oh dear, i think i need to some medical TLC

ps

Dear World,

Lighten the fuck up

- Maddog

...but those posters are hot!

How is being hot a bad thing? We depict 'army males' as desirable, how is it wrong to depict 'army females' as equally so? Sure I would quake a little if the only trades women were depicted in where cooking, cleaning and nursing, but that dosn't appear to be the case.

Busty hot and capable seems a positive representation to me.

m4dd0g said:
^ *cough* *cough* Oh dear, i think i need to some medical TLC

ps

Dear World,

Lighten the fuck up

- Maddog

+1

Those ads are like pop art- as if an ugly woman would sell going into the army anyway.

Army and nurse uniforms are hot.

I can understand why some would feel they are over the top but Id kill to look like that. Most advertising for anything portray women to look sexy- at least they are actually doing something in these ads thats worthwhile as opposed to the girlies in bikinis and high heels and 36FFF boobs that have oh-so-much to do with formula 1. YEESH! :X

Don't you think the last one at least is furthering the widespread commercial myth that women need to be sexually attractive to be useful?

I don't *personally* find them that offensive, but I can see how some women do.

Being in the army is supposed to be one of the areas in which a woman is judged by her abilities and achievements, not her appearance.

How does the saying go.. "grasping at straws" ?

It is my experience that a majority of women want, nay, strive to be attractive. Thus the basis of the cosmetics industry.

To present Army women as unattractive, blokey looking tradies, now that would be sexist.

ValeTudo said:
How does the saying go.. "grasping at straws" ?

What are you talking about? Why would I be grasping at straws? You're the one who posted the article, presumably seeking discussion on the issue.

I should have realised that as per usual, you were just looking for opportunities to insult people who express opinions different to yours.

ValeTudo, you really make discussions around here a chore. People want to exchange ideas and learn from each other. Your snide little comments and name calling have no place in adult conversations.

If you can cite 3 example of me calling any member a name, i will forward my resignation to Autobahn. You have my word.

DEFENCE Minister Brendan Nelson has asked for a full written report into the case of a soldier who was kept in Afghanistan for six days after finding she was pregnant and subsequently miscarried.

The 34-year-old married major realised she was pregnant soon after arriving in southern Afghanistan in October last year and informed her commanding officer who took three days to decide to send her home.

The major suffered a miscarriage as she was being evacuated aboard a C-130 Hercules transport plane on October 23 – six days after she had reported the pregnancy.

Pregnant Australian Defence Force (ADF) members are automatically deemed unfit for operational duties.

After initially defending the army's treatment of the woman, Dr Nelson today asked the Chief of the Defence Force for a written report into the handling of the matter.

"He's asked for a full written report into its handling and the follow-up," a spokesman for Dr Nelson said tonight.

Earlier, Dr Nelson said the ADF had behaved with sensitivity towards the office and refused to comment on reports the woman could have been taken home earlier on either of two flights out of Afghanistan.

"Once it was clear that the major was pregnant, the decision was taken by the commander in the field and she was sent back to Australia under circumstances that were judged operationally to be appropriate," he told reporters.

Dr Nelson could not say whether the ADF's handling of the case had contributed to the miscarriage.

"I'm not in a position to answer that question with authority," he said.

"Although I'm advised, again by the ADF and the senior officers involved, that all of the decision-making was appropriate, in accordance with well-known and accepted procedures and done so with the greatest sensitivity."

Prime Minister John Howard said he had been assured arrangements were made quickly to return the soldier from Afghanistan after she discovered she was pregnant.

"I've been told by the military that all arrangements were made as quickly as possible to return to Australia," Mr Howard told Southern Cross Broadcasting.

"I don't have any direct knowledge of the circumstances."

Opposition defence spokesman Joel Fitzgibbon said Dr Nelson must reveal if it were true a decision had been taken to keep the woman in Afghanistan until a replacement could be found.

Mr Fitzgibbon also said the government should also reveal if it were true there were no flights available to evacuate the woman on October 19 and 20.

"The single most important issue facing the ADF is recruitment and retention of skilled personnel," he said.

"In order to retain and attract servicewomen, the government needs to ensure that their needs will be looked after appropriately."

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22145425-1702,00.html?from=public_rss

I found it interested to note that the event outline in this article occurred within a 6day time frame; as any soldier knows, it takes 6 days to get a new tooth brush, much less a flight on a military jet to the other side of the world.

I appreciate the seriousness of miscarriage, but the entire incident speak volumes about the appropriate ness of women in combat roles.

My friend is rather attractive and she is a chef in the Navy. I'll have to ask her whether the steam from the meals she cooks look like male genitalia.

Most women in the military are attractive because they do physical excercise every day, face regular mandatory medical check (all of which is free) and eat healthy food (not male genitalia)

If the women in the photo is nothing else, she is fit

Last edited:
I'm lost here, so she got knocked up and subsequently miscarried. It happens. The army seems to have behaved appropriatly, she seems to have behaved appropriatly...

Why are you bringing this up exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.