• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

feelin' no love - physical or psychological?

Agh...I hear your pain Cowboy Mac. I was a fairly regular user for about 18 months...and then had a 10 week break (massive for me). I did 3 pills on the weekend and was a little smashed, but nothing like I was hoping. My mates were all loved up and gone, but I wasn't quite there :(

I guess my tolerance is still a bit high. Not sure how long it takes your seratonin levels to build up again, but I think 10 weeks just wasn't enough. Also...I totally agree that your psychological thoughts can affect the experience. I'm so experienced with being mashed - what it's like, how to control it etc - that I believe this affects the experience. We're use to the feeling. It's not new or exciting anymore.

I think a long break is need, both to build physical seratonin levels back up, and to 'forget' the feeling of being munted. Maybe 6-12 months..... Then it might be like old times again!!

I'm heading to a bit event in April, and I'm grabbing some 5htp for post and pre loading. Never used it b4, so I'm hoping it will make the experience somewhat more enjoyable. Otherwise....I'm going to have to learn to go out just for the music....

Another thing....I had an amazingly insane experience on pills early last year....now every time I go out I wanna hit that incredible high again....and of course it never happens..... Maybe an experience (or a couple of experiences) like that can destroy further pilling because you're always aiming for this goal that is just so hard to achieve.

My 5c worth is I think so long as you have good pills, how much you enjoy the roll (peak) get euphoria and love is a lot to do with psychological reasons.... rather that crap on too much about my theories I thought I'd give a couple of experiecnes I had.

First real MDMA pill I had... dumped half...setting...at home using computer checking how I felt thorugh the night to see if I was high, and later watching TV. I had been spending way too much time at home and hated being there. Felt noticelby different and felt the slightly smoked feeling as it came on and later on had some a couple of cool insights while watching TV but nothing that memorable or that great.

About a week later.... dumped half (exact same as previous pill)....setting...went to club, didn't get let in becasue dress code, got in car and started feeling it come on (not advisable athough I new strengh of pill as I took exact same dose 1 week previosly and they had not drug busses back then). Over the course of driving home I experienced for the first time in 10 years of more almost total inner peace, happyness (a had not been happy like that in a very long time as I had severve depression) and also love especially for myself. I gained insights problems in my life and was able to face issues that had kept me unhappy. The main note here is although the pill was the same duraion and strengh I felt that because of the setting and ultimatly the frame of mind I was in I got 100 fold more out of the experience. I was fucking amazing roll. The week before was nothing much...

Maybe a year later....dumped a whole MDMA cap....setting....friends (who I didn't know that well) b'day drum'n'bass at small club....felt effects felt more open and chatty but felt held back by not the easyest to get along with firends plus music I didn't enjoy that much and so felt a bit of a rolling feeling but no real peak and was a bit dissapointed....

The very next night....dumped 2 MDMA caps.....setting trance club, planed event a buddy of mine was DJing I went together with a close friend (a girl) who I liked..... had one of the best rolling experiences ever.... heaps of love, empathy, and big chats, loved the music, and loved being with my friend, felt soooo close and peaked very hard!

I reckon dumping at a large party/rave is heaps better because you have so much more stimulas - lasers, people, loud music etc. Makes it way more intense. Dropping at home, on a quiet night tends to be a bit more boring...

I thought I chime in and add I am still on my break which is now at about 2.5 years and although I had planned to have MDMA again, there is a chance I will not. The recovery duration is a few days, combined with potential neurotoxicity and one must weigh up the benefits against the cons. I feel the cons are still weighted too heavily and I feel I have moved on from MDMA, as we must all do at one point or another.

Baby700 said:
... Not sure how long it takes your seratonin levels to build up again, but I think 10 weeks just wasn't enough.
Serotonin takes about two weeks to replenish in a healthy adult, the lack of effect you are describing is due to tolerance which may be caused by serotonin receptors downgrading.

Even if you could, you'd have to know what ones you wanted and where in the brain. I suppose the appropriate mRNA and posttranslational compounds injected directly into the brain might do it 8(

Part of tolerance is attributed to receptor sequestration. See the bottom of this link. Therefore, giving youreself a long break is probably the best method to restore your receptors to "above ground status"

Link fixed; p_d

Last edited:
phase_dancer said:
Even if you could, you'd have to know what ones you wanted and where in the brain. I suppose the appropriate mRNA and posttranslational compounds injected directly into the brain might do it 8(
Hmm.....don't think this is gunna happen....

Seratonin injected directly into your brain....now there's a thought....

Originally posted by Cowboy Mac
I feel I have moved on from MDMA, as we must all do at one point or another.

...no offence but why must we? In some Mazatec Indian tribes they consume psilocybin mushrooms throughout their life time for healing, spiritual and social reasons. The first Indian to share the knowledge of the sacred mushroom to western civilization (Maria Sabina) consumed mushrooms throughout her life ever since child hood when she began taking them without adult supervision or without tirbal ritual. Huichol Indians of north central Mexico consume peyote throughout their life and regard it as one of their highest scources of wisdom. Amazonian Indians do roughly the same practice with Aiyhuasca (Harmaline + DMT).... and the list goes on. In our westernised society the same respect and usefullness is not shared and regarded for these psycho active substances but I see no reason why individually we can't share the same benefits as other native tribes from repeated use of these psychoactive substances.

If you feel you have moved on then I respect that... that's fine but if others are still gaining benefits through use then I see no reason why they should feel pressured by others to discontinue use at some point in their life.

Originally posted by Ekstasis-//7
...no offence but why must we? In some Mazatec Indian tribes they consume psilocybin mushrooms throughout their life time for healing, spiritual and social reasons. The first Indian to share the knowledge of the sacred mushroom to western civilization (Maria Sabina) consumed mushrooms throughout her life ever since child hood when she began taking them without adult supervision or without tirbal ritual. Huichol Indians of north central Mexico consume peyote throughout their life and regard it as one of their highest scources of wisdom. Amazonian Indians do roughly the same practice with Aiyhuasca (Harmaline + DMT).... and the list goes on. In our westernised society the same respect and usefullness is not shared and regarded for these psycho active substances but I see no reason why individually we can't share the same benefits as other native tribes from repeated use of these psychoactive substances.

If you feel you have moved on then I respect that... that's fine but if others are still gaining benefits through use then I see no reason why they should feel pressured by others to discontinue use at some point in their life.
I said MDMA, not psilocybin. MDMA tolerance builds up rapidly and psilocybin is completely different. I completely agree that psychedelic plants have been used for spiritual purposes and these could be used throughout ones life. I don't think you can learn as much from MDMA as psychedelics and although you could use it as a tool throughout life, you would have to ensure you didn't have an excessive amount to build a tolerance. I completely agree with what you said and I practice a balanced use of psychedelics myself. Want to know why I don't think MDMA is useful to me anymore; psychedelics.

Originally posted by Cowboy MacI feel I have moved on from MDMA....

^^ yep understood, you've now moved on to other psychedelics =D

Comprende, done and done... let each man (or woman) choose their weapon of choice! ;)

Ei mois.... La Magic pill & La magic shroom....

My thought is that most analyse it to much. Just saving it for special events where u meet up with people you dont normally hang out with all the time is the go. to me if i didn't have butterflies in the belly and u werent real excited bout the whole thing i wouldn't do it. I take them about 3-4 times a year and have an extremely good time at each. if it became run of the mill kind of stuff like a beer after work is that would take all of the excitement out of it. TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING IS A BAD THING!!;)

im surprised i havent seen this thread yet.
for the last 6 or more months i havent felt any love on pills at all just the rushed amphetamine fucked up-ness.

i do miss the love:\

i think its because its always the same.
I'm always eating decent pills when i do to.
I think its got a lot to do with a comment made earlier about needing to forget the experience.
its not new and exciting anymore, i always know whats going to happen, i never get loved up so i opt for being fucked up and just end up eating a couple more pills.

i just dont take them anywhere near as much as i used to these days. Also, maybe I've taken pills predominantly in the same place(set and setting) for the last few yrs.

now i prefer to make whole experience completely different. do things ive never done before, go places i havent been before.
try and make it a new experience while not thinking about the pill and enjoy the moment.

works for me lately.

i know im a bit emotionaly insecure, but i fucking love uplifting hard trance. So what you are saying 'docter beat' isnt always true now is it. Why cant you look at it that people who love uplifting music and kandy are supplementing for a lack of happyness in our daily lives. I think its more in the right direction to be honest. What you are saying is very stereotypical. I think people that listen to metal are the most emotional of all, not always negative either. I find some metal music inspiring and uplifting. korn and deftones for one.

I kno this may not sound great 2 some of you but
I DONT KNOW HOW YOU DO IT!! 8o
Limit yourselves to 3-4 times a year when there just always there!
May be im just to close to it all but whenever i try to go on a break there's another one i 'just have to' try :\
I DEFINATELY don't hav the same affects anymore but everytime i take that faithful leap and munch one up i'm hoping it will be the same. I'm always disapointed & don't get me wrong i have ventured of the path but i think its cos i've escaped JUST enough i go back for more 8)
CONGRATs Cowboy Mac, that has taken willpower!!! :)

AMAZING....... =D

i think setting has alot to do with it. you cant expect to have a mindblowing time everytime, sometimes there are crap times and sometimes there are good times. even when i was younger and use to go out drinking some nights were so fun but others were just boring no matter how smashed we got. when you go out and just expect pills to make your night awesome then you know youre heading for doom.

also i find alot of people dont understand mdma, well most of the people i have talked to about it. instead of looking for the high and over ananlysing it you need to just let it do its thing. i am of the opinion that less is more when it comes to this drug. it is not possible to peak for the times that people expect to peak. i would rather have a small amount and apreciate it rather than take a large dose and feel "messed up". people i know have said " is that all your having" and i smile back at them and say thats all i need.

on another note, i have never felt love towards strangers only towards my friends. sure i can talk to people, and im friendly but i dont think its possible to feel that kind of emotion towards a stranger.

i think its a bit of both although i believe a lot of it is psychological. i'd been using e pretty heavily for about 1 and a half years and had pretty much 'lost the magic'. then i went out to a club 1 night and was thinking i was only going to be having some crappy pills and turned out when i got to the club my mate had gotten some tulips (which i had been looking for for weeks but couldnt find any). i was instantly pumped and knew i was going to have a good night. i ended up having a half to start off with which had me peaking hard (very loved up, strong rushes) for 3 and a half hours! 8o i had only 1 pill for the whole night and didnt even think of having the second half till 4 hours after dropping the first. while my other mates who had less of a tolerance then me were having at least 2.

a few weeks later i went out again and took 1 full tulip to start off with which didnt really do much at all...was just the usual hyped up amphetamine high with no real rushes or loved up feelings.

This is only my OWN personal belief.... I just think perhaps the magic is gone due to the fact that you dont feel so excited anymore to take the drugs. Perhaps you are bored with its effects. Start drinking alcohol for a week or two and then u will realise what u miss ;)