• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

feelin' no love - physical or psychological?

I don't even vaguely know what it feels like anymore. All I get is a whole lot of jaw clenching, even when I don't take much after a long break. For instance, I took a break for five months when tried it on friday. Can't say I had any fun with it despite the cool setting. It will never work for me ever again. I'm doomed! Doomed I tell you! =D

i also thought i had lost the love, but then i took a break - it was only about 2 weeks - but i did some thinking and monday night i got the love back.
the first time is always the best, you will never get that again. this is because you have no expectations, no idea at all of what you are about to experience. after that you have good pills and bad pills and after a few times, you get expectations, and the whole time you are n a pill, your thinking "this isnt as good as last time, its gonna get better" therefore you ruin your peak and are coming down before you know it.
i think you just need to forget everything when you are on a pill, enjoy it for what it is, not what it could be. and make sure they are good pills. a really good pill will always brnig magic.

^^^ *laughs*

There's a lot of truth to what you say haylz*, but I don't think it really applies on Cowboy Mac's case.

On the topic of breaks, 2 weeks is really the bare minimum time it takes for your serotonin supplies to be replenished after taking a pill. Taking MDMA more often will result in smaller effects as you have less serotonin to release.

Glad you've realised the first time is a unique occurence and aren't falling into the trap of chasing that high again. Welcome to Bluelight - I hope you stay and learn as much as you can.

:)Smiley

"it's because you don't use punctuation and have poor grammar."

Lighten up asshole. Shouldn't you try and make new-comers welcome? Not scare them off!

Easy now
23.gif
Raving Loony has been an appreciated contributor round these parts for some time.

It's pretty normal to humour a bit after the forced BL withdrawal period we've all faced this week.

And for what it's worth, I don't think the magic will ever return for me. It's a bit like a movie. The story might be different each time, but if the plot is the same, most people soon get bored :\

^jimbu made that comment p_d, not Raving Loony... obviously you're as shellshocked as me after that downtime :)

BlingBlah, there's probably loads of threads in the Ecstasy Discussion forum that are of relevance to you - you can use the search engine to find stuff on MDMA tolerance etc. You might also want to search on pre-loading and post-loading, while this might not bring back the magic, some people have said it helps.

My mistake, thanks Aunty. Anyway same still applies as I think jimbu followed up with some good comments.

Yeah, sorry. Maybe I shouldn't have called jimbu an Asshole, that was a little unneccesary.
But dissing people for their grammar, or punctuation I feel... is just a tad pointless, I mean jimbu obviously understood what BlingBlah was talking about, as he replied with a fairly informative answer. It just makes sense to welcome new people as opposed to be-littleing them.

Anyways, back on topic. Yeah, apparantly it's a common occurence for those who over-indulge in MDMA to "lose the magic" after dropping too many times.

I couldn't really speculate though, as MDMA (whether good stuff or not) doesn't affect me in the first place, due to the fact I am currently on SSRI's.

I went from being a "one pill slammer" to being completely psychlogically tolerant to the damn things. This is one reason why I am tapering off the SSRI's, this and many other reasons.

mdma for me is 50% psychological 50% physical.
The first time i tried it I had a white WB in Sydney (about a year ago). I didn't feel much even though they were a 7/10 pill. But I was nervous and didnt know what to expect.
The other times it was amazing, apart from this one other time where my best friend's gf had broken up with him and i went out to the city and popped (i didn't really want to). I felt shithouse, but thats because I didn't want the pill in the first place.

Abstain from MDMA for a few months then get really psyched for some event and pop then

Jimbu is not an asshole, he's an arsehole, there is a great difference. ;)

As for BlingBlah, you've lost the magic. Plain and simple! It will not come back without a sufficient break to let your head rest a little. You can try taking more at once or more over a period, it wont help you much. From what I can infer, you have gone pretty hard, your brain chemistry has adjusted to take that pounding and now its time to give it a rest.

With time and luck your tolerance will lower and you can regain *some* of that feeling you initially had.

Good luck with it dude.

Thnx everybody for the replys i dont use the computer very often so i might not reply for a while but thnx for the advice and feedback, and Munchee hehehe yes i have gone pretty hard on E so yeh i might have to stop for a while

I too am in the same boat as you CowBoy mac, except i had a 2 month break a few months back and since have been hitting the amphet's fairly hard again and experiancing the same lack of love! I've also been hitting the phenethylamines even more recently aswell! and its the same story there! visuals and general trippy shite is diminishing...

But, When taking 2c-i i've found that latley its more my mind just ignoring and becoming use to the confusion and general trippy stuff, as if i concentrate hard enough and let go i can be tripped out once more... This brings me to the believe that its all 'state of mind' and purley phsycological rather than physical..

You take a drug, stimulant, psychodelic whatever it alters your perception... This is in tern affected by your current state of mind.. you do it enough and regularly enough it alters your initial state of mind rather than a massive perception shift whilst on said drug... If you let go and dont convince yourself that you have a tollerance build up back comes the love! :) You get yourself into an endless mind loop of no loven!...

Thats my theory and i find if i let go mentaly and concentrate.. back comes the love babe! Just after a while you get use to the experiance and no longer are you able to be fully consumed in the experiance automaticaly.. Stop and think next time you're gurning... You truely are happy and loved up to all fuck :) Oh YE!....

its all a matter of state of mind!.... or if you do too much =P most proably brain damage :) either or... :)

diegoblunt said:
A thread was just started on this (LT and frequent cannabis use and mdma) topic in ED.

Only 2 posts have been made, but maybe one of the smart guys over there will have some answers for us shortly =D ... velocide? alpha?

I don't know enough about cannabis to comment, sorry...

losing or lost the magic?

Ok i've been rolling since November of last year and have had about 6 pills over that time trying to stay around once every 1-2 months. The thing is my first roll was amazingly euphoric, i opened up was talking to everyone dancing etc (first roll is always the best right)
Anyway the second time it was kinda smacky fun but not so euphoric. Every time i roll, i become social and feel like hugging people, dancing etc but I dont feel really euphoric. Did something change, or does this extreme mood lift just not exist anymore after first time?
I seriously would be more euphoric on speed...
Is there something i can do to fix this problem or is ecstasy naturally not that euphoric? (which doesnt make sense because all over erowid it has "extreme mood lift" and euphoria as its effects...)
They say dopamine is the pleasure receptor maybe there is something wrong there. Or is it interaction with other drugs?
Am I not taking enough, 1 pill is enough to put me on my ass followed my charging and then dancing?
but is this all there is... is the magic gone?
How long does it usually take?

Could it possibly be interactions with other drugs, eg smoking weed, drinking alcahol, cigs, amps, dxm, etc?
I mean having these on seperate occasions not the same time?
If i mixed one of this would it be likely to trigger euphoria?
would L-tyrosine or any other nootropics help?
Thx BT
Ive read this thread but wasn't thinking...

Hey guyz just thought id ad my little bit... i use to get horny as hell n fuck my bf for over 4 hours on good MDMA pills.. Been double dropin for about 2 years now n its now goten to the point thats the last thing i want to do. Even kiss him whilst under the effects of MDMA are gone, and it use to feel so god damn good just kissing him.... Bizarre I say but the loves gone for me 2.. he is still as horny az hell on a good pill but for me it aint the same... :) cheers

Cowboy Mac said:
waz: naa when i was taking them towards the end i wasnt really too excited, thats not to say that i didnt want to have them or couldnt have had a great time while i was on them. ill stay on my break until i do want to try it once more, when i am excited about it ;)
IMHO this is a key factor.

I *usually* (it can be very hard as you can sometimes have to wait some time :( ) try to space my MDMA experiences such that, I am not timing them by weeks months or years, rather I follow this simple rule: minimum two weeks break, and then add any time required onto that so that I am nervous and absolutely pumped about doing it again.. :) from here, if any further gap can/must be added (due to exams/work/life etc. in the way), this is seen as a bonus, as I'll simply roll harder when I do get around to it :D

Thats how I work it and it goes great :)

In answer to your question: I believe it is much like the "genetics vs. environment" debate. That is, the answer is; BOTH.
Yes there surely ARE physical changes, which explains why we all know people who pop several pills a week cannot experience it the same, and why when a very strong batch of pills come around, heavy users suddenly "feel the love" again.

I also believe there are *significant* psychological factors involved, which explains why for instance I can find one pill strong, but not all that great, and then can feel like this ---> 8o after taking the same amount of the same pill on a secluded beach with my girlfriend two months later :)