• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

feelin' no love - physical or psychological?

turboboy: bahahah, sounds good.. ill have to arrange it with you sometime :D

melancholic said:

to bring back the magic i would recommend discontinuing weed use, if you smoke regularly, and a serious long term break from MDMA, as in 1 year plus. as far as im concerned, in some way shape or form THC and MDMA cause the brain to react in a similar way and consistent use of them both will lead to a high tolerance of both.

Do you have any evidance to back that up? Not doubting you.. I'd just like to give it a read

i have noticed a dramatic increase in the negative effects of mdma over the last few months even tho i have slowed down my usage.

The loved upness comes and goes quickly and then i am left with the gurning gacknessed that seems to haunt me. I used to enjoy those feelings but now i am realising that they are totally replacing the smile on my face and not making me extroadinarily happy like pills used to.

My plan is to cut out taking pills at clubs and saving them for events. However i do intend to drop at home soon with some friends where i can just chat and see if that helps.

/\ /\ /\
i would LOVE to believe that pills were getting a higher MDMA content as time goes on. But i'm sure each individual user experiences a huge fluctuation in doses and adulterants in what they obtain pill-wise as the years go on.

I had the same problem that Cowboy Mac described at the start of this thread. i managed to convince myself that pills were getting "weaker". All of my friends however still had "the love", and i realised maybe it was just my body/different tolerance levels/attitude/whatever.

Zaki i feel for you here - i only get a short loved up period now, but the energy and the side effects as the duration of the dose go on is just like i used to be. Still fun, but different. Maybe our attitude has changed? maybe the pills we get have different content to whatever it was we were used to? who knows.
i had six months off and went back with great expectations. I had a great night with my friends, but nothing quite like i remembered it to be....

/end rant

Seeing this thread has been bumped I will give a short update. I am still on my break and have not had MDMA, approx. 20 months ago. A 20 month break is long enough to have pretty much forgotten exactly what MDMA feels like, all I can remember is that its pretty amazing when things go well, which is quite vague. I feel that this will have gone a long way to address both the issues of physical tolerance, and psychological tolerance, however I never plan to do it more than once a year from hereon in.

I was fairly depressed as of recent, and the pills I did have really didn't do much for me besides keep me awake. I got over my shit about 2 weeks ago and I had an amazing time on sunday at (you guys don't like locations hey? hm.. at said large dance party).
maybe it was the music or atmospehere, but I was loved up with the full mdma effects, I believe that e won't make you feel anything your not feeling anyway. so if your down, they aren't going to do much for you, but if your already happy, you'll be higher then a kite. (my experiences are limited, so maybe you guys will disagree)
hope I've helped somehow.

CowboyMac: I also got to the stage quite some time ago where I wasn't really to bothered whether I ever had pills again or not, and even now I go for serious stretches of time before I feel the need to "indulge".
They really just don't excite me the way they used, I was just under the impression that the honeymoon was finally over (although it was a pretty long honeymoon Ill admit)
I actually now put it down to discovering "other things" that interest me and stimulate me more. Sometimes I miss the euphoric loved up feeling of a good mdma experience, but I find psychoactives much more interesting and challenging.
So, I don't think i've lost the love of MDMA, i've just moved on to new loves :)

im right with ya cowboy. I havent had that loved up mdma feeling for quite some time.

I have come to two possible conclusions,
1. I smoke too much weed. I have noticed pills are better when i havent smoked for a few days.
2. I did way too many mushies last year and have altered or totally burnt out my 5-ht receptors.

Interesting.....Well i can say that the honeymoon period is well and truely over, but the romance remains :) I can honestly say that ever time i roll it still feels great. moderation being the key i guess. Set and setting have a huge play in it also as has been stated before. Could think of nothing worse then going out to a club rolling, much prefer the company of friends or just at home with my beautiful wife :) It could also come down to why you use mdxx,and what you get out of it as a whole i spose! I much prefer the ethnobotany sides of things these days ;)

Last edited:
I never really ate that many, id say less than 100, over 6 years.

100 over 6 years high?

uhmm... isnt that like 1.25 pills every month?

I do not think that is enough to build a high tolerance at all..

can somebody give me some hard evidance on the smoking of marijuana raising your tolerance to mdma?

My tolerance has built up a hell of alot quicker then anybody going out with me(more then twice as quick), and the amount of weed I smoke is the only thing I can I can see that is different between us all.

A thread was just started on this (LT and frequent cannabis use and mdma) topic in ED.

Only 2 posts have been made, but maybe one of the smart guys over there will have some answers for us shortly =D ... velocide? alpha?

Last edited:
Cactii said:
im right with ya cowboy. I havent had that loved up mdma feeling for quite some time.

I have come to two possible conclusions,
1. I smoke too much weed. I have noticed pills are better when i havent smoked for a few days.
2. I did way too many mushies last year and have altered or totally burnt out my 5-ht receptors.

mushies do that?

Why isnt it working anymore ?

Hi everyone, this is my first post, ive been doin E 4 a while now and its just not happening anymore its like the magics gone like when i first started using E i would go krazy off a half now i pop 1 or several more in a night even double drop and i dont get a peak if i do its only for a few minutes then for the rest of the night i just feel shit like dont want to talk to anyone unactive no energy just crap my freinds done have this problem why do i can anyone help with my situation ive even stopped dropping for 2 months but the same if it helps im 18

thnx

it's because you don't use punctuation and have poor grammar.

seriously though, do a search for "losing the magic" or something along those lines, this topic has been covered many times before.

to sum it all up, you've lost the magic. this usually happens if you've been hammering it too hard, too often, though it varies from person to person. perhaps its tolerance.

the quick fix - there is none. if you take a prolonged break (try 6-12 months, 2 months is hardly a break), then there is a chance that it will begin working for you again.

i personally think a big break is a good challenge to set yourself for various reasons... for me, going on a break gave me control over something that, in hindsight was perhaps going a little out of control.