• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

drug exposure...at what age?

I was an impressionable and easily persuaded 16 year old hanging around older folk, 20+. They were going through their ecstasy phase around late 03-05 when pills were fucking fantastic for the most part. I got offered a pill one time, nervously consumed it and the rest is history i guess. After that night i took pills every weekend for 8 or so months. I regret starting at the age i did, but i also realise that i can't change the past so i try not to worry about it. I was never forced, but the environment i was in was a little intimidating. "Come on man, you'll be fine, they are fucking awesome" etc etc.

In terms of other drugs, i used pot first when i was 14 and loved it. Smoked every week or so for a year, and then started to get over it. Around 16 i found out about mushrooms and taught myself how to ID them properly. Still love mushrooms/LSD to this day, one of the only drugs i still use. Had my fun with meth but stimulants really dont do it for me.

None of my immediate family members used drugs. My step brother got into the scene really hard quite early but he didn't live with us so i wouldn't say he was an influence in terms of my drug use. All in all i don't regret much, im currently studying and doing well, got an awesome girlfriend and good family so i can't complain. I've come out of my time with drugs pretty well compared to some people i know.

I've merged this with an existing thread but if people could take stock of some the new questions mushi mushi 88 has put forward, especially the ones related to family as well it'd be interesting to hear.

mushi mushi 88 said:
Hey I just want to get a short brief from some people on how they started using drug's and at what age...

If somebody else got you into using drugs please state that and tell how you knew them and so forth.
If you wanted to try them yourself to start off with and with no one else encouraging you please state that as well and why...

If you could tell us what your family background was like as well that would be good as well, for eg. If other family members did drugs and encouraged you to use them as well or if they hated them or disapproved of them or if you had a bad upbringing or something...[/COLOR]

mushi mushi 88 said:
Hey I just want to get a short brief from some people on how they started using drug's and at what age...

If somebody else got you into using drugs please state that and tell how you knew them and so forth.
If you wanted to try them yourself to start off with and with no one else encouraging you please state that as well and why...

If you could tell us what your family background was like as well that would be good as well, for eg. If other family members did drugs and encouraged you to use them as well or if they hated them or disapproved of them or if you had a bad upbringing or something...

Hmmm interesting...

My best friend in high school's brother was into drugs, mainly pills and pot, so she was exposed to it from a young age (he was about 6 years older) and hence she got ME into it, at about age 15. She was a very persuasive person and I was quite impressionable at the time, and we quickly got into baking hash cakes and bringing them to school to eat at recess/morning tea and be stoned for the rest of the day. We also had our first pills at our Year 10 formal, and thus began our drug escapades.
I soon after met my 2nd long-term boyfriend, and he got me into raving and heavily into pills and pot. He had taken acid for YEARS but wouldn't take me to a doof or let me take acid.
My family had nothing to do with my drug-taking, but they're all border-line alcoholics, as am I.
In terms of me initially wanting to take drugs, I come from a family of 5 children, I am the 2nd youngest (i.e. number 4 out of 5) and I have always felt like the odd-one-out. All my siblings are over-achievers and I always suffered from depression and low self-esteem, plus I have a very addictive personality. So I guess that's why I'm pre-disposed to taking drugs and chasing that "escapism".

Seen my "sperm donor" pop pills and drink 24/7 my whole 20 years...

As for me
11 - got drunk for the first time
13 - first time doing coke, XTC, any and all pills, and pot
16 - first time doing shrooms
19 - first time doing DXM, methadone, and H

I have been around it all pretty much

Trate said:
Christ a lot of people bullshit here.

My half brothers 16 years older than me.
So I've been around drugs and drug related experiences from a very young age.

Was introduced to weed at 12 - but didn't start smoking properly, or enjoying it fully, until I was around 14.
Started smoking and railing gear as I hit 15, not really getting into it until 16 when I discovered fake ID's and subsequently raves.
Along with the raves came my first taste of MDMA.
Hit the two & went out every couple of nights for a year and a half or so.
Fast forward to 2008, daily pot smoker, monthly flip user, and I try to stay away from shards as much as possible.

why would anyone bullshit in this thread? its not like people think they are cooler cos they had drugs at an early age, and if you think that, grow up. we are simply reading other peoples experiences/ what they tried first.

if anyone did bullshit in this thread, they have achieved nothing and should really rethink what taking drugs means to them, if it means doin it to try and impress someone or just doin it cos your friends do it, they should stop.

i was 12 when i was first offered a bong by an older member of the crew, was the only one outa 4 of my m8z who took up, two weeks later we were rippin a dryin plant from a garrage and off to the train tracks with our impromptue bong... ahhh those were the days=D

I was 16 when friends started smoking weed. Started smoking it myself since my 18th birthday. Also tried shrooms, acid, salvia, dxm, xtc, N2O, ketamine, speed, coke and 2C-B since then. Am 20 now and can't wait to try more psychedelics. Still enjoy xtc from time to time.

13- Smoked weed daily, drinking hard on weekends
15- Started hitting the k real hard, lost my shit for a bit
17- Started taking mushies a fair bit
18- Pills and meth every weekend, sometimes during the week, acid and just about every other drug from time to time
22- Stoped regulaly taking everyting, except for speecial occasion, still smoked weed daily.
23- Stoped smoking weed everyday, weekends only, still chems on the odd occasion

Now i'm stuck being angry most of the time and having a fucked memory, had a good time and wouldn't change it. Gotta use them braincells somewhere, even if its to kill em :)

i first saw drugs and deals and stuff when i met my first and only boyfriend..

im probably one of the youngest here..

15- pills, plenty..
15- acid, amazing
15- mushrooms, so much fun
15- speed.. hate it worst feeling. wouldnt do it again
15- daytura..? felt nothing

i havent smoked weed, im too paranoid too. my uncle smoked weed quite a bit and it triggered some kind of mental problem.
but i dont know.. i might some time soon. im not too keen to.

oh an alcohol..
first got drunk at 14.. went thru a stage for a year and now im completely over it.
i hate being drunk.
i dont get why feeling drowsy, stupid and heavy headed seems fun to some people.
each to their own i guess

If you what you mean by "one of the youngest" as in, one of the youngest to start using, then you are wrong.

But yeah, i dont see why you wont at least try weed having done LSD/Mushrooms. You may not like it but it isn't going to make you batshit insane from one try.

I was in grade 6 when I was first exposed to weed, some friends older brothers raided some guys house (drove a stolen car though the back fence). I ended up with some of the proceeds so to speak.

After that it was LSD in year 7 (only half a tab first time) and many other drugs in the years afterward. By the time I was at Uni there wasn't much I hadn't already had some sort of problem with...

Yeah, it was. Although I don't think I knew how to deal with the experience. It was provided by a friends older sister, my friend and I spent the whole night playing Civilisation on a computer... we were very immersed in the game.

Weed-12 (just about every day from 13-17, big waste of my life)

Shrooms-14 and used them every weekend throughout SW Vic season (made me a very wise person at such a young age)

Speed-15 (only tried it once at a mates older brothers 21st before regular use in late teens)

Pills, shards, coke, mescaline, LSD, LSA, N2O, amyl-nitrate (good 'ol sniffy), datura-16,17

2c* compounds(B,I,E and T7), ayhusca, DMT-18 to 22

These days i'll throw back LSD, 2c*, shrooms, speed (shards here and there) and have a pill if i hear good reports.

I take large doses every weekend and some week nights. I hold down a well payed full time job and have worked all over the world

When I was in 8th grade I smoked pot, that's about the earliest that I can remember, though I have a bad memory kind of.

PsiloSubNaut, its good to know that there are people with habits like yours who can sustain decent careers.
it sucks to see and hear about the opposite type of people.
lately i have been thinking about how lucky i am to be able to enjoy getting off guts on various products each weekend and at the same time balance a well paying job in which i am finding myself to make progress in.

Last edited:
[eK] said:
PsiloSubNaut, its good to know that there are people with habits like yours who can sustain decent careers.
it sucks to see and hear about the opposite type of people.
lately i have been thinking about how lucky i am to be able to enjoy getting off guts on various products each weekend and at the same time balance a well paying job in which i am finding myself to make progress in.

I put it down to seeing how fucked up some of my dealers and older friends were back in the day who had no job but selling and doing drugs.

I'm glad i kicked the cones, they tend to slow the learning process down a fair bit and kill positive attitude towards work etc. (although i do have a couple of mates who smoke breakfast lunch and tea then somehow manage to run businesses it seems few and far between)

I only take clean gear these days (i found dirty e's are the worst thing when it comes to getting up for work tuesday and wednesday), try not to stay up more than 24 hours as that fucks up sleeping and thought patterns for the working week, eat healthy (none of this suppliment bullshit, eat decent meals) and most of all i believe you have to be happy. I come home every night to my sexy blondey to make love and feel loved which means the world to me.

I find my current psychedelics use helps me to deal with the stress of work at the end of the week. After the straight headed stressing out from meeting deadlines and taking the wrap for my crew etc. its great to slide into a care free world for 6-12 hours ;)

I had a couple of weekend e users on my crew who constantly showed up late or not at all early in the week especially tuesdays. I swapped them to a 4pm-1am shift and they coped with that alot better. So having hours that suite your lifestyle helps alot too.

All my superiors were against drugs (they knew i was a tripper as i am open about my use) untill i became a supervisor and creamed them alcoholic idiots.
Every monday there would be the stories of "i was blind drunk on the weekend, i don't remember shit!" and i would reply with "well, i was enlightened in a sea of understanding and empathy as i travelled through a world full of geometric shapes, colours and patterns" lol

The worst people to work with or for seem to be the binge drinkers and alcoholics. They seem to have slight brain damage and i'm forever repeating myself to them or fixing they're fuck ups!

So.. I have opened a few eyes and made people (anti drug) think about what they see and hear about drugs these days.

Everyone is different though, some people might end up in a psychiatric ward if they tripped half as hard as me, let alone hold down a job!

Last edited:
15 - weed
20/21 - speed, acid, coke, k, ecstasy,
22 - ghb
26 - ice
27 - mushrooms
29 - 2cb

PsiloSubNaut said:
I put it down to seeing how fucked up some of my dealers and older friends were back in the day who had no job but selling and doing drugs.

I'm glad i kicked the cones, they tend to slow the learning process down a fair bit and kill positive attitude towards work etc. (although i do have a couple of mates who smoke breakfast lunch and tea then somehow manage to run businesses it seems few and far between)

I only take clean gear these days (i found dirty e's are the worst thing when it comes to getting up for work tuesday and wednesday), try not to stay up more than 24 hours as that fucks up sleeping and thought patterns for the working week, eat healthy (none of this suppliment bullshit, eat decent meals) and most of all i believe you have to be happy. I come home every night to my sexy blondey to make love and feel loved which means the world to me.

I find my current psychedelics use helps me to deal with the stress of work at the end of the week. After the straight headed stressing out from meeting deadlines and taking the wrap for my crew etc. its great to slide into a care free world for 6-12 hours ;)

I had a couple of weekend e users on my crew who constantly showed up late or not at all early in the week especially tuesdays. I swapped them to a 4pm-1am shift and they coped with that alot better. So having hours that suite your lifestyle helps alot too.

All my superiors were against drugs (they knew i was a tripper as i am open about my use) untill i became a supervisor and creamed them alcoholic idiots.
Every monday there would be the stories of "i was blind drunk on the weekend, i don't remember shit!" and i would reply with "well, i was enlightened in a sea of understanding and empathy as i travelled through a world full of geometric shapes, colours and patterns" lol

The worst people to work with or for seem to be the binge drinkers and alcoholics. They seem to have slight brain damage and i'm forever repeating myself to them or fixing they're fuck ups!

So.. I have opened a few eyes and made people (anti drug) think about what they see and hear about drugs these days.

Everyone is different though, some people might end up in a psychiatric ward if they tripped half as hard as me, let alone hold down a job!

Rock on man!

:D