Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

drug exposure...at what age?

insanit_e

Bluelighter
I think i was 15 the first time I saw people take drugs... my brother took me to my first doof then, and I saw several people taking ecstasy and LSD. Now I am surrounded by drugs alot of the time and take them myself, though at the time I found it all quite interesting and weird. I have a few friends, though, who have been surrounded by drugs their entire lives because their parents or siblings use drugs all the time.

At what age did you witness drugs for the first time? Either seeing someone you know on drugs, or seeing a drug deal, or watching people take drugs, etc. And how did this impact on your view of drugs then and now?

at the age of 13. i saw my friends mum's weed plant, before then i never thought about drugs once and i wasnt even aware they were around in my area, seeing it really got me interested, i smoked weed for the first time about 3 weeks later.

I was smoking pot within the first week of the first year of high school, before my thirteenth birthday.

My brother exposed me to pot at about 8 years old, he even got me stoned. I HATED it, didn't smoke weed again til I was about 15, still didn't really enjoy it. I barely ever smoke weed to this day.

I was exposed to ecstacy at 16, the first time I saw a pill was when I bought the first pill I ever took, and it remains my favourite chemical on the planet.

Man thats fucked, getting an 8 year old to smoke pot.

Probably seen people smoke pot before I was 8, had my first bong when I was 12 - which is something I regret.

Got really drunk first time around 13 - vomited by 9am in the morning, didn't make it to school.

Tried unknown ADHD medications (at the time) in my early ( 7-8 ) highschool years, everyone had them, handed 'em out.

First time actually knowing someone was on 'eccies' (didn't know what that meant) was 15, same with acid and speed.

First time saw someone do cocaine was 17 (probably shit gear, dodge area), crystal 18.

Can't say anything I saw then played a part in my views now, but what I see now certainly does (especially with meth).

my olds bought me drinks alot since i was 13 so i just got drunk alot when i was younger.. my parents sat me down and had a talk bout drugs coz lots of my mates were stoners, my olds dont do drugs but they said if ya want we can get some weed and smoke it so my first time would be with my olds and ill no what it does in a safe inviroment but i wasnt interested at the time i liked drinking...

by bout 17 i found out my older sister was doing pills and weed and i hated her for that, at the time i didnt no fuck all bout it

by 18 alot of my mates were doing pills and i went ta my first rave and had my first pill best experience ever, my mates telling me how much fun they having and what they were doing made me think ill give it a try and see what all the fuse is about.. and now ive tryed pills, speed, meth, coke.....

now i just drink and have pills when i go out, dont mind abit of speed back in the day when it was great and easily avaiable , hate meth doesnt do much for me but alot of my mates love it, love coke but to expensive and the quality in perth isnt that great

My parents were addicts up untill i was about 8 so i saw a fair bit early on..
I dont remember this but my mums told me when i was 4 our house got raided for drugs by the cops when i was home.
We used to go camping a lot and have parties at our house, i saw lots of pot smoking! Smoked my first bong when I was 15 was pissed first time when I was 13.. found out what ecstacy was when i was 12 or 13 cos an older girl and her brother whos parents were friends with my mum were on it. Then i was around pills and wizz a lot cos my friends started getting into it when i was prolly 15 or 16 then i tried it at 17.

Ive always been fairly comfortable around drugs/drug taking.. I saw a fair bit of stuff early on tho & I really don’t wanna turn out like that so I think it just made me a bit less likely to fuck up my life with drugs.

I started smoking weed around the age of 14, i knew of my sister smoking weed and that was it i use to take it off of her and smoke it on her, after weed i thought it wasnt really the thing for me, so i started to search around for other chemicals "uppers or acid" and started looking for other people, soon after that when i was 15 i was well right into it all, having tryed most things apart for heroin to this day would'nt mind trying it one day, but iv made the right decion to quit for a good 6 months or more from now on from doing it to hard out and from nearly killing myself 2 weeks ago!

15-16 pot
18-19 acid
22-23 ecstacy
27-28 meth ampthetamine (IV)

I've dabbled alot with other substances like shrooms, cocaine, butane, nangs, pharms, ketamine etc. Ecstacy is by far my favourite drug. I really wish I never tried meth. Its not that good a high considering the cash you fork out but there is definately something to be said about being addicted to the steel.

I first saw my mates dad smoke bongs at age 5, i was in kinder at the time. I had no idea what was going on. It wasn't till years later that it popped into my head and realised that i was exposed to drugs quite early in life. Then i became a bong head for years. Just quit though, day 23.........

"Just quit though, day 23........."

Congrats mate and good luck =)

Think I was about age 15 when my mates set up a bucket at a holiday house for us to smoke weed. First time I saw drug use and used any illicit substance.

Smoked my first cigarette in year 6. Didn't smoke again till year 8 when I started smoking about 3 a day cause mates were. Today Im smoking heaps of cigs a day.
Smoked weed for the first time in year 8 cause mates were doing it. Smoked until 2 years ago when i quit forever. (Im now 26)
Took speed and acid occasionally from age 16 till 20 which I really regret.
Had mushrooms once when I was 20 which I also regret.
Had first mdma at 17 which I loved so much but didn't start doing pills regularly untill 2003. Now I take them every 2 months or so but am considering quiting but I love it so much when I do do it.
I drink alcohol about 3-4 nights a week and binge about once a week. I binged for the first time in year 7 and did so at parties all through school until this day.
Had cocaine for the first time this year (ive had it twice) I dont really like it its really expensive and just gives me confidence.
Had ketamine for the first time on the weekend and loved it (only had a really small amount)
Although acid really opened my mind in some respects it also fucked me up in others and I really think it was irresponsible for others to push it and weed on me at such early ages

First got drunk in year 8 (12)

Smoked weed when I was 12 but not enough to get stoned, first properly got stoned when I was 14, didnt touch it again for a few years and even then only once a year.

First tried mdma when I was 18 and have been doing it every ~3 months since then. Occasionally smoke weed every 4-5 months and do nitrous about as often (usually together)

Drink most weekends.

Besides an early stint of sniffing metallic/silver or flourescent spray paint (which then progressed to those huge bostik glue sticks) when I was 12, started smoking weed at the start of college, at the time it was mainly 'bush' and not hydroponic. Those were the fun days. Mates and I would always only have like 2 - 5 - $10 change, so we'd all put in for a 'tinny' (aka bullet, 1 - 1.5grams wrapped in tin foil) which ended up becoming a ritualistic event during those young years. Started doing lsd and stuff like that round about 15 - 16, as for today........ Oops.

Started smoking pot when I was 14, which was a year or two later than my friends at the time. I didn't try anything else until I moved out of home at 16. But looking back I remember my Dad drying his plants out in the shed when I was around 6.

I smoked weed for the first time when I was 18. Tried bikkies a few weeks later. I'm glad I waited until that age to start doing drugs.

First exposure to drugs was being around mates who smoked pot at 15. Hated the smell, the effect it had and what it turned my friends into, to the point where i vowed i'd never try it, and havent to this day. First drug consumed at age 25 (ecstasy - pink panther). 2 years moderate use, 1 year occasional, to present, where i very rarely consume anything besides a good red wine. No regrets at all, had awesome times, but definitely over it :)