• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DMT Extraction Subthread] Which tek should you use?

warpigs330

Bluelighter
http://dmt.tribe.net/thread/95f0c52f-9278-4c92-a983-4b040dc37cec << LINKED TOPIC IS GONE

This is the easiest extraction method I have found yet, and the only one that I was brave enough to try. I havn't smoked it yet because I am stil in the freezing stage but a bunch of crystals are coming out nicely. this TEK is really good for me also because I have mimosa growing all over the place, so I pretty much have an unlimited supply of DMT. the crystals that are forming right now have no tint to them at all, which tells me they are very pure. I figured I would run this by the smart people here just to make sure the crystals aren't poisonus or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
the lack of tint doesn't necessary mean they are very pure, but that they have few tanins in them i think

Ha! This is the exact tek my buddy used and it's awesome.

"After 2 hours, remove the crockpot ceramic liner, hold the lid on slightly offset, and pour off most of the liquid into a 1-gallon wide-mouthed glass or stainless container."
Don't do this unless you want to lose a bunch of liquid. Scoop the liquid out with a ladle or bowl.

The non-polar extraction can be performed on the same material twice. The second time you'll only get a small amount, but it's worth doing as dmt is way more valuable than naptha.

The rootbark mush will still be very dark after you cook it and drain it. Don't bother doing a second extraction on the same rootbark even though it will strongly discolor the water/vinegar as you won't get shit out of it.

well this makes me happy because I didn't have time to do a second extraction and I was worrying about how much I could have had

I have some history with psychedelics, a few shroom trips, less than ten. I also have extensive experience with dxm, not quite a psychedelic but whatever, all of the shroom trips being moderatly to extremely positive and I haven't had a "bad" dxm trip, some were uncomfortable but only because I was getting annoyed at the confusion. would it be safe to take one kinda large hit and still have a good time. I am fairly confident that I won't have a bad time because every one of the trip reports I have read sounds exactly like what I am seeking. I know reports can't even come close to describing it but I figure I will be alright.

Last edited:
Even if I wanted to do an extraction myself, which I don't, I wouldn't use this tek as I don't feel like working with a solution with a ph of 14. The instructions call for an alarming 10 times more lye than a standard a/b extraction and there's not even any acid to neutralize. To spill the liquid on your skin would be just as bad as spilling lye powder on your skin, which will eat right through it. Besides combining that much lye with that little water will cause a massive exothermic reaction and heat the solution to a temperature that I don't even want to know.

Actually it wasn't too exothermic at all. but now I have a different problem. I had to quarter the recipe because I only had a quarter pound of rootbark. while it was in the freezer there were kinda spiderweb like crystals growing on the sides of the glass, above the naptha. when the time came to get it out of the glass I shook up all the naptha and got the crystals off the side. I filtered it through a funnel with a coffee filter in it and I see no crystals. did they dissolve in the naptha? I did it as quickly as I could.

warpigs330 said:
Actually it wasn't too exothermic at all. but now I have a different problem. I had to quarter the recipe because I only had a quarter pound of rootbark. while it was in the freezer there were kinda spiderweb like crystals growing on the sides of the glass, above the naptha. when the time came to get it out of the glass I shook up all the naptha and got the crystals off the side. I filtered it through a funnel with a coffee filter in it and I see no crystals. did they dissolve in the naptha? I did it as quickly as I could.

Have you read the tek that Abbie Normal posted? That's what I was referring to - it contains way too much lye.

You have about 10 seconds max from the time you take the jar out of the freezer to the time you filter it before you start to lost significant amounts of material back into solution. Remember that it starts redissolving the moment you take it out of the freezer. Take your naptha, recrystalize it, make sure you put it back in the freezer after loosening the material from the sides for at least 5 minutes, and then filter again as quickly as possible. If you have the room, try doing the filtration inside your freezer. If that doesn't work, get a fan and blow it horizontally over the top of the jar in a well ventilated area to evaporate oh... lets say half or 3/4 of the naptha or whatever's clever. It's easier to filter a smaller amount of naptha as it will have less opportunity to redissolve your crystals while pooled in the filter. Remember though that naptha vapors are toxic and explosive (so don't blow your shit up) and if your neighbors smell them they may think maybe you're cooking meth. Shouldn't be too big of a problem but it's something to consider.

When it comes time for the ammonia wash, you're going to want to filter the dmt with the ammonia in an area with active ventilation, and then leave your house for the day. Trust me, you don't want to be around evaporating ammonia.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip. I decided to Evaporate the naptha and all I have left is kinda pasty very pale yellow stuff. would it be worth it to re constitute it with a small amount of naptha and put that in the freezer or would I just have the same problem of the crystals forming on the side of the jar where I can't get to it? Also how nesissary is the ammonia wash?

Last edited:
Tip: Invest in labware.. or find a local high school. A teacher will give up a piece of glass to anyone if you claim your teacher needs it..

and a separatory funnel makes things so much easy.

Here is the updated version of the TEK in question.It works great.It is the best and easiest one that I know of.

How to easily extract DMT:
=======================
Break 1-Pound of Mimosa Hostilis rootbark into 1" pieces using new heavy-duty
wirecutters, then grind it all up in a glass-topped blender, a little at a time.
------------------------------------
Polar Extraction: Premix in an empty 1-Gallon plastic jug: 1-Quart White Vinegar
& 3-Quarts Water. Put the ground up Mimosa in a 3-Liter crockpot, then fill it
with the water-vinegar solution. Stir well and turn it on "high". After 2 hours,
remove the crockpot ceramic liner, hold the lid on slightly offset, and pour off
most of the liquid into a 1-gallon wide-mouthed glass or stainless container.
Add the remaining water-vinegar solution to the crockpot again. Stir well and
turn it on "high". After 2 hours, remove the crockpot ceramic liner, hold the
lid on slightly offset, and pour off all of the liquid into the same container
again. Discard the rootbark fiber and save the two combined extractions in the
1-gallon container. Allow the vegetable particles in the extraction in the
1-gallon container to settle to the bottom overnight. Then pour off the liquid
into an empty 1-Gallon glass wine jug, being careful not to pour off any of the
vegetable sludge at the bottom. Discard the sludge and keep the contents of the
wine jug.
Basification: Premix in advance a solution of: 5 heaping Tablespoons (70grams)
of Lye (Lowes Hardware, item# 146450 "Roebic Crystal Drain Opener") SLOWLY
added to 1-Pint of warm water. Stir well. Slowly add this solution to the jug,
then cap it. Gently tilt the wine jug back and forth for 1 full minute to mix.
Nonpolar Extraction: Add 250ml of (Ace Hardware) VM&P Naptha to the wine jug. Then add exactly enough warm water to the jug to raise the liquid level to an inch below the top. Cap the jug. Gently tilt the wine jug slowly back and forth for 5 full minutes to mix the contents. Allow the jug to sit undisturbed on a table for at least 4 hours. There should now be two layers visible in the jug,
a lower dark one and a smaller clear one on top filling the neck of the jug.
Use a glass turkey baster to suck up the top clear layer into a pint mason jar.
Be careful NOT to suck up any of the lower brown foam/black liquid layer into
the mason jar.
-------------------------------------
Freeze-precipitation/wash: place the sealed mason jar in a FREEZER for 3 days
to precipitate the crystals. Prepare a filter setup by placing a funnel into
a quart mason jar and putting a small coffee filter paper into the funnel.
Shake the naptha in the mason jar strongly to stir up all the crystals at the
bottom and quickly pour while still very cold into the funnel for filtering.
Impure yellow-white DMT crystals will be seen on the coffee filter paper.
Allow the crystals to completely dry out on the filter paper in the funnel.
Chill a bottle of NON-SOAPY clear Ammonium Hydroxide(Ace Hardware Janitorial
Strength Ammonia) in a refrigerator. Slowly pour 35ml of the cold ammonia over
the crystals (still in the filter paper) to wash them. Remove the filter paper
from the funnel, spread it out flat and allow the crystals to COMPLETELY dry out.
You will now have 2-1/2 grams of white crystal DMT. Mix it with some dried
parsley and smoke a little in your favorite pipe!...Marsofold
=================================================
Optional Tips:
#1 Grind the rootbark up to 1mm diameter or smaller. Finer is better.
#2 Use three water-vinegar extractions rather than two. Divide up the
water-vinegar mix so that you roughly use 50% for the first extraction,25% for
the second, and 25% for the third extraction. After the last extraction press
out the fiber to squeeze the last bit of liquid from it.
#3 Basify to a ph of 13. Underbasification is the most common reason for a poor
yield. If you don't have ph papers, basify till it turns black, then add an
additional 25% of whatever amount of basification solution you used. This is to
guarantee that you're at a ph of 13. The brown foam you see floating on top of
the basified extract after tilting the jug should flatten out to a thickness of
no more than 1/2" after 45 minutes or so if you've used enough lye.
Add a bit more lye and re-tilt the jug to mix if it's thicker than that.
#4 Naptha: Dividing the naptha amount into two "pulls", then combining them into the same mason jar for freezing will raise the yield by 10%. The best way of extracting if you aren't sure of the yield is to use a slight excess to extract
and evaporate it down with a small fan to 1/3 of the original volume. THEN freeze it. This will pretty much guarantee excellent results. For example: For a pound of rootbark use 300 milliliters of naptha to extract. Evaporate it down to
100 milliliters. Then freeze it and filter out the crystals. You must very quickly filter it within a minute or two after removal from the freezer so that it doesn't have any time to warm up. And your freezer can't be marginally cold. If it doesn't freeze ice cream HARD, then it isn't cold enough.
#5 A small marble in the naptha rattled around in the mason jar will loosen up
the crystals for filtering. It won't hurt anything to pour it out with the crystals into the filter paper. A buchner funnel is the best kind for filtering.
#6 Washing: Be sure that the crystals are absolutely DRY before washing.
Weigh them and use 14ml of chilled ammonium hydroxide per gram of crystals.

ok, here's your best bet at this point: gather up all of your yellow paste onto some sort of dish. using a razorblade chop in into as fine of a powder as possible. your stuff may still have naptha in it so let it dry first. spread this thinly onto a filter and do an ammonia wash then dry. if your stuff isn't light ivory to pure white in color do another wash. its worth it to get rid of all.....

the yellow, trust me. remember though that ammonia smells ten times worse than cat piss, but it will not dissolve any of your dmt. if you want you can then do a recrystalization- just dissolve your clean dmt in clean naptha in an evap dish.

this whole posting via cell phone thing sucks. warpigs check out the last stages of folias's link, i'm going to forward it to my buddy and check it out myself when i have a larger screen at my disposal. it looks very informative and useful.

samadhi_smiles said:
Whats the point of recrystalization besides an aesthetic one?
have you ever handled dmt powder? at room temp it sticks to everything but itself. the larger the crystals, the easier it is to work with.