• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DMT Extraction Subthread] Which tek should you use?

hehe, well you can use a hotplate and heat it if that was at your disposal. But yea you can just use a dish of boiled water therefore avoiding any...ignition

step 2: the polar extraction.

how long is it ok to let the sludge settle at the bottom of the wide mouth glass container before comtinuing with the rest of the processes? I'm waiting on a glass turkey baster to com in the mail and it could be days before it gets here. is it ok to start the polar extraction and just let the sludge sit at the bottom of the container for a few days?

^^^ my apologies, didn't mean to hijack the thread, no I do not. Just a random thought.

I haven't really read through the thread, in the past i've seen the mods discourage extraction stuff because its kind of not usually with the idea of harm reduction behind it.

So my advice for this sort of thing. Know the chemicals your working with and the reactions that are taking place. Simple things like knowing how to correctly dilute strong acids can save you some scars. Think like adding some olive oil to some boiling water compared to pouring a cup of cold water into hot oil sort of difference in some cases. Add acid to water not water to acid, and do it slowly because it can get warm. Pyrex is ideal because it won't shatter from heat as easily.

Know your chemicals, how they can be stored and safety disposed of in a non-harmful manner. Precautionary measures, wear gloves and eye protection, your hands and eyes are two very important parts of your anatomy and strong acids or bases can do significant damage quickly.

Patience is often well rewarded with these sorts of things, don't rush things and have utmost respect for what you are doing and the potential gravity of your actions, extracting DMT is a crime on any level. As much as I feel that it is kind of banning something that is the closest thing I can describe as gods gift to man if there ever was one, its illegal. In the sense of harm reduction I simply ask that you read into the chemistry and safe handling of everything, understanding the chemistry will lead to a cleaner product in the end, and overall much safer.

Tek was taken from erowid, ive seen it there. Likely very valid if they changed nothing about it.

Last edited:
Come on man you can extract dxm a few ways. Without any chemicals at all and just water. Dont get me wrong I love dmt , but I also love dxm.

Lye is dangerous, but it does not eat through your skin in seconds, be it the pure crystal or a solution. But always keep vinegar next to you when working with lye, and wear shitty clothing and goggles.

And for what it is worth, screw time consuming recrystallization unless you are doing it as a hobby. The key is making sure there is NO water in your DMT/solvent pull. No, not water droplets...I mean the water you can't see.

No matter how careful you are in pipetting your solvent from the water, or separating it in a funnel, tiny microscopic droplets of water are in the solvent unless you let it settle for some time. And if you use a funnel, even slowly, some water droplets can get kicked up into the solvent.

What I do is separate the bark water from the solvent with a sep. funnel, then let the solvent settle another day with the anhydrous Epsom on the bottom on the collection jar. Then I carefully take solvent from the top, and remove to another jar. No bumping the jar! And always leave the last bit of solvent with powdered magnesium sulfate soaked with water/base at the bottom of the jar. I save it for later retrieval of those few mg with fresh solvent. Taking these extra steps will go a LONG way to getting a pure product.

I have not yet tried xylene, but from what I read it is the way to go as you can simply crash out DMT fumarate from xylene, separate DMT fumes from solvent, and dry.

As per normal procedure, wash DMT fum. with acetone, or FASA, or both (should be gleaming white if you do it enough times) ....then mix the dry, clean DMT fum with washing soda, enough water to form a reaction, should just be a paste....then dry, and soak with acetone, remove acetone from solids, evap for very pure DMT freebase crystals....or so I read.

I have made DMT base from DMT fumarate and it is very easy. I just see no point in rxtl when you are just going to break it up anyway. Much easier way to get very pure product it seems.

PS....I have been smoking DMT for 10 years now and never saw it as more than amusement/novelty. I assumed (still do) that DMT's real magic is when used as an ayahuasca additive. On the other hand, I have tried IMing DMT fum four times now and each time was a near +4. It is like a different trip from smoking it. If you are looking for a flash, there is none, but gentle building up to the godhead. I cried at the beauty of music, where as with smoked DMT the music faded into the background.

I've gone as high as 100mg IM and it gets VERY intense. Not like smoking it, but still intense in its own way. But always short, 45 min later I am back.

Last edited: