• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone out there experimenting with different things to aid their recovery? How is everyone getting on so far?

What are people doing in the meantime while they wait for their bodies/minds to recover?

Anyone else experienced visual snow/floaters ?
Yes, I have. Like little black spots that move up when I look up, left when I look left etc. I can often forget about it but when it comes to my attention it's really hard to ignore. It's quite a strange side effect and I think it goes to show that this med really is toxic, in that it can affect people's vision. I worry that this is something that won't go away with time as it seems quite serious

I'm really getting fed up with the side effects of this poison. It doesn't seem fair that the effects of 1 shot can last anywhere between 6 months to a year. It seems like all I can do is wait it out and hopefully things will come right but when you know that that's all you can do to make it better, the days just seem to drag on so slowly.
I'm currently eating a really clean Paleo diet, cutting out all processed foods, sugar, gluten and dairy and am trying to follow principles involved in detoxifying the body such as drinking plenty (3.7L) of water a day, eating prebiotic foods to aid gut health, decreasing salt intake and eating potassium rich foods to reduce water weight and getting plenty antioxidants through green tea, coffee and cocoa. I figure that invega, being a pharmaceutical and having severely toxic effects on the body might get processed by the body a whole lot quicker if I'm making every effort to detoxify.
I'm currently really struggling with basic things such as getting out of bed in the morning and focussing on activities for the day. Everything seems to lose its relevance on invega. Can anybody relate to this? Also, my gym has just closed dude to COVID-19 so I'm out of one of the only activities that gave me any semblance of joy. It's not even been a month since my last shot, I've only just determined I'm no longer going to take it, but it seems like its dragging on forever. I need some kind of hope guys, just something or someone who knows what it's like and has felt any kind of improvement since they stopped.

I'm really getting fed up with the side effects of this poison. It doesn't seem fair that the effects of 1 shot can last anywhere between 6 months to a year. It seems like all I can do is wait it out and hopefully things will come right but when you know that that's all you can do to make it better, the days just seem to drag on so slowly.
I'm currently eating a really clean Paleo diet, cutting out all processed foods, sugar, gluten and dairy and am trying to follow principles involved in detoxifying the body such as drinking plenty (3.7L) of water a day, eating prebiotic foods to aid gut health, decreasing salt intake and eating potassium rich foods to reduce water weight and getting plenty antioxidants through green tea, coffee and cocoa. I figure that invega, being a pharmaceutical and having severely toxic effects on the body might get processed by the body a whole lot quicker if I'm making every effort to detoxify.
I'm currently really struggling with basic things such as getting out of bed in the morning and focussing on activities for the day. Everything seems to lose its relevance on invega. Can anybody relate to this? Also, my gym has just closed dude to COVID-19 so I'm out of one of the only activities that gave me any semblance of joy. It's not even been a month since my last shot, I've only just determined I'm no longer going to take it, but it seems like its dragging on forever. I need some kind of hope guys, just something or someone who knows what it's like and has felt any kind of improvement since they stopped.
just keep going man, this shall pass. I send u a hug and don't lose the encouragement to get better. Soon enough u'll feel well. Cheers man :D

How long were you on the shot for? What would you describe your experience like being on it?
I was given around 4-5 high dose shots. Being on the shot the main two emotions were anhedonia and extreme depression, suicidal many times. It felt like I would never heal up until about 6.3-6.7 months off. And in that short time I felt better and better each day. I consider myself to be 100% covered currently. I’m a total of 7 months off of my last shot. I have my emotions back, sense of self, I hold conversations well and I’m not psychotic.

How bad were your symptoms at their worst? Do you have an active social life and a job now?
I have a high demand job during the coronavirus situation. I’ve been at work every single day since the first day of this month. I make $17 base and work about 60 hours some weeks. I have a girlfriend who I make love to and my sexual functions are back where they were before the shot. I lost the fat and pounds and even man boobs. My social life is pretty good making new lifelong friends. My symptoms at their worse was no desire for sex, I felt no love towards my ex and generally no emotions towards anything. Life felt extremely meaningless. It felt horrible. I waited to commit suicide. But I eventually settled for sleeping everyday. Then I got a new girlfriend and she helped me through it. Now I love her a lot and I’m perfectly healed. I’m much more rational and very hardworking. 22 btw. Took the shot because I was in the psychotic episode.

Being realistic the only hope you can cling to is knowing that in time you will heal. It may be bad but it doesn’t last forever. I healed in 6-7 months. You will feel better eventually.

Hi everyone,
It's been quite some time since my last post but I've come to bring good news. In December 2018 my husband was given the loading dose of invega right before our wedding. He was given this by his psychiatrist for PTSD. He had not been on any medication before or after the injection.
For months and months my husband struggled to just live life. He could not enjoy things he once did, he suffered from insomnia, he could not feel any type of emotions or cry tears. In April 2019 we asked his psychiatrist to do a lab test(palperidone palmate serum it's called and if your doctor tells you there is no test they are lying to you) the results came back and showed he still had 16 ng/ml in his blood. In May of 2019 I started to notice a difference in him although he didn't feel it. In July 2019 we did another test and it showed 0.5 ng/ml. That month we took a 2 week road trip so I could get him out of his normal routine. To my that's what really helped him. I guess I would say it was in August 2019 were he was able to kind of enjoy the things he used to and to slightly feel emotions. By December 2019 he was fully back to himself 100%. He fully enjoys the things he used to, he has all his emotions. He is able to enjoy a beer and other things😉
I know it's a difficult time for all of you going through this and as someone who has watched the love of my life be in such a horrible place I understand what you all are going through. I can tell you it does get better and you will recover. You have to go through these bad times to get to the good times. We tried lots of supplements and alternative treatments. I can't say if they helped or not but it was worth the try to me. Try to distract yourself as best you can and try not to focus on the people who say they don't get better. Most of the people here recover but don't come back to update like us. I never came back to update because we were just trying to put this behind us but we just had someone reach out looking for help. Hopefully this will reassure you that it does get better and you will be back to normal. You may even come out of this a better person. Take care of your brain and your body. Invega is poison.

Status
Not open for further replies.