Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This drug sounds absolutely horrendous, what is it used for?
I was prescribed it to stop me having delusions as a part of a manic episode. Not so sure what the justification was for continuing administering the shot for the next year was though

If only there were a way to speed up the recovery process. I'm really feeling the effects of invega as I sweat out the final dose I'll ever allow them to inject into me again. I'm wondering, do the effects get worse the longer you're on the injection?

In hindsight, I really should have stopped as soon as I realised it was having these effects on me but I didn't know how long it stays in your system and how long it takes to recover. The arrogant nurse administering the doses just kept telling me it was all in my head and that invega doesnt cause depression or any of the other symptoms I complained about.

How can this drug be legal if it ruins so many people's lives?

I was prescribed it to stop me having delusions as a part of a manic episode. Not so sure what the justification was for continuing administering the shot for the next year was though

Oh okay so it's in the realm of antipsychotics and antidepressants.

I was put on seroquel and then mirtazapine for about the same thing. Also I was doing naltrexone therapy for addiction (worst mistake of my recovery but thankfully I opted for the pills instead of the shot). All 3 of those meds (some at the same time some separate) absolutely ruined my brain for a while. I couldn't feel anything and became incredibly groggy and slow all the time. So many aspects of my mental and physical health went to shit.

After about month 3 I just dumped all of pills and the doctors who put me on them. I eventually recovered after a long while and decided I'd rather just deal with my mental illness myself.

After about 10 days eating a Paleo diet, that is, a diet full of fresh fruits and vegetables, quality meats, nuts, berries and seeds; and also avoiding grains, dairy, refined sugar and legumes, I'm feeling some kind of respite from the effects of invega. It's definitely not a quick fix or a solution but it kind of brings you from being incredibly stuck and immobile as it were, to being almost functional, where you can complete tasks okay, have an okay conversation, and get some kind of order into your day. I'm also supplementing with high potency fish oil and magnesium and having a teaspoon of turmeric with water every morning as I've read into the benefits of this for cleansing the body.

The next step is to get a regular exercise regimen into my day again and begin yoga and meditation. I've read that these activities help stimulate the vagus nerve, which is one of the major nerves in your body that regulates things like breathing, heart rate and digestion and has a major effect on dopamine production. As invega shuts down the dopamine receptors in the brain I'm hoping that this can reinvigorate senses of feeling better and more motivated.

Anyone else feeling like shit in the mornings? I just feel tired and groggy. It's the worst feeling ever. I don't get a good night's sleep although I still sleep the right amount of time. It's not a very refreshing sleep.

I feel like shit before I even open my eyes. That goes on until I close my eyes to go to sleep. Right now I'm thinking should I just jump off the roof. This fucking nightmare doesn't seem to have an end.

I feel like shit before I even open my eyes. That goes on until I close my eyes to go to sleep. Right now I'm thinking should I just jump off the roof. This fucking nightmare doesn't seem to have an end.
Hey man I know the struggle. Please don't give up yet, the feeling when you recover is just amazing.

I too contemplate on just ending my life. I’ve been stuck in this hell for over a year. I’m really hoping there is an end and I just didn’t wait so long for nothing

Guys I hope you recover and see the light again. I've been through invega recovery multiple times and I know that horrible feeling. But I also know about your feelings and emotions coming back and also love coming back in your life.
Let's stay strong and get through this together. If you're struggling feel free to message me I can help you with recovery.

Officially 5.5 months off today, and I do not feel any better. If this ends soon, I will be amazed. I still think I will recover, but it seems so far away right now.

It’s really unbelievable how long it takes to come off this kind of medicine..I hope that we all will be ourselves when this will be over..you are all in my prayers and I hope I can keep you updated with fresh news when I’ll feel better

I’m a victim as well of invega. Has anyone tried to contact the alternative of medicine in Arizona? They do detoxing for Antipsychotics.
I miss my old life. I’m 3 months off and no improvement. My vision is terrible I can’t see my words.

I swear I still can’t believe what happen to me. Did lifeline ever heal? I’m just wondering. I’m not able to do anything. I mean I had a life. It’s on hold now. I mean do people really get their life back pre invega. That’s what I want, can someone reply to the first post about the facility.

LSD works. I’m 7 months off and still coming off of an intense f****** trip. I only took one tab.
Has anyone tried alternative of med in Arizona?
They detox antipsychotic from your system.
Is this true?
Aiden went there but never replied back about his experience.

I do, I can look at my kids and think how happy I am to be around them, something they do can make me feel I love them, I can think about how maybe I said the wrong thing and feel guilty, I can feel lonely, I can feel good after a hug, I can feel concern for people. All these things before I would have just felt nothing at all. And not care. Someone called themselves "the coldest motherfucker on the planet" and that is how invega makes you feel. 'm still not all the way back yet but I'm definitely feeling some emotions now. Starting 9 months off.
Katrina,
I wanted to ask how you were able to take care of your children doing invega. I can’t take care of my kids. It’s so sad. No one believes me anymore. I hope you come back on blue light.

All I do is stay in bed reading the forums, but no one has posted yet to me. I want to know about the facility. I’m really sad this happen. I actually met a good guy before this invega. Now he saus he will wait for me until I heal but the sad thing is I don’t know when I will heal. I miss the connection we had. Omg we enjoyed each other to the max and no I have no desire to be with him. My sex life is over. I miss that. I miss life. I miss him the most. He’s a amazing man but I have a feeling he won’t wait.
Where is everyone. I need someone to talk to. Can someone send a phone number so we can talk. I’m just so sad. Help me.

All I do is stay in bed reading the forums, but no one has posted yet to me. I want to know about the facility. I’m really sad this happen. I actually met a good guy before this invega. Now he saus he will wait for me until I heal but the sad thing is I don’t know when I will heal. I miss the connection we had. Omg we enjoyed each other to the max and no I have no desire to be with him. My sex life is over. I miss that. I miss life. I miss him the most. He’s a amazing man but I have a feeling he won’t wait.
Where is everyone. I need someone to talk to. Can someone send a phone number so we can talk. I’m just so sad. Help me.

you will recover. The waiting is tough though.

Status
Not open for further replies.