• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Boyfriend super high on meth... help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, what is done is done. OP is safe, and what she does with the situation is her own business. The only thing we can do is educate, inform, and inspire.

With that said, Tacodude is absolutely correct about involuntary psych evals. I have been to many as I am batshit crazy when I don't take my OCD meds. When it comes to the cops you have a 50% chance of getting a good understanding officer that doesn't want to fish for charges against someone. It is an extreme last resort situation, especially when it comes to drugs, or drug use. The other 50% is terrible, possesion charges, evading, resisting without violence, assault on LEO...the charges they mount up are endless, not to mention the way this 50% takes people down, which is the most violent way possible. This is also the 50% that wants to pull their gun. We are not in mayberry anymore. Don Knots the bumbling bufoon will no longer be coming just to put the town drunk in a cell. There is a reason that we are seeing news stories daily about violent cops hurting people...it has always happened, but now everyone is walking around with an audio and video recorder in their pocket.

To the OP, the choice to go back is yours, however if he does not seek treatment, you will just end up with the same situation. If you are from a home that drugs were common, your likelihood of ending up with a drug user is very high. I would read up on the cycle of abuse/addiction in families. I learned about it in rehab. It is enlightening, and it sheds light on why I always end up with girls that need to be fixed, instead of ending up with someone that completes me.

dosing someone against their will or knowledge (despite being illegal) with benzodiazepines who is ALREADY in meth psychosis in my experience will make things 100x WORSE. They will have zero inhibitions, the meth is more powerful than the benzo 99% of the time and then you have a MORE psychotic person who has LESS inhibitions than before.

Agreed - most people I've known who've served time in prison, for aggravated crimes, committed their crimes on a combination of benzos and stimulants. People can do some truly bizarre and/or dangerous things when under the influence of this combination. If someone is suffering severe anxiety on amphetamines, then benzos may be just the ticket; but if someone is acting delusional, psychotic and aggressive, I really don't see benzos being beneficial at all.

Time for a new boyfriend...unless you secretly enjoy this sort of adventure he provides.

Edit: read the rest of the thread. Well, at least it had a happy ending.

I do know what it's like dealing with cops for phych hold after my parents abused the support lying turning borderline morbid thinking [Wish I was dead or never born attitude turned into plan and intent for suicide] while also calling me violent and out of control for trying to escape the house my father and my brother initiated physical contact to restrain me injuring in a way I struggle to manage to this day. I was illegally drugged against my will for the staffs comfort increasing the severity of drug used for refusing to willingly accept a different drug.

Still even with my ten plus mostly illegal hospitalizations that have done nothing, but harm I still think he should have had EMERGENCY SERVICES, not just cops as you ignorantly state as you have been arguing against me recommending proffessional help saying that they are better off self administration of tranquilizers then later seeking "proffeasional help" that you assume is rehab and the likes he probably won't cooperate going to if he allows himself to get like this. Really where is your common sense? This thread has not been a joke and still you act like it is constantly recommending benzo sedation as your own addiction prevents you from seeing any other solution than benzos. It is extremely harmful and I serriously hope you wise up and get hell as benzo addiction is deadly and no joke.

No more argument. In the future in this situation the answer is do not interact with the meth user suffering from paranoid delusional psychosis, get as much distance as possible, and call emergency services explaining the drugs overdosed on and the behaviors displayed requesting either hospitalization to undo the drugs or for specifically a 72 hour involontairy psychological evaluation hold. Do not attempt to handle it without professional help as not to risk causing a state of excited delerium. Do not fear locking oneself away from the person or locking someone like that out, but it becomes your responsibility to make sure they are safe outside unless one decides to call emergency services to deal.

Legaluser Please stop arguing with me especially just to fill your benzo wet dream recommending that addiction to everyone else. If you want to use benzos fine, but keep it to your damn self. Even if one explains the possibly lethal dependancy risk, and increasing the possibility of dementia or alzheimers by 51% I forget which, no one should initiate another on benzos and only an educated psychiatric doctor shoukd if anyone.

i didnt say to not get professional help, i specify said to get professional help, but not the cops whats the point of bringing cops into this i see no point based on what she said here. But professional help 100% for it.

and what? i didnt say get the man addicted to benzos using them a few times wont get you addicted espcially in this kind of setting, now it might turn out he needs antipychotics or something afterwords but thats why hed need to talk to professionals once he was more stable, im not suggested him to get addicted to benzos, why you wish benzo addiction on me? thats pretty cruel, lol ive already been through benzo addiction once it was really hard, so was alcohol, but im better today not addicted or dependent.

and to add: i think hes experiencing stimulant pyschosis which would mean he wouldnt need antisiphotics permenantly or maybe at all, hence his delusions will fade and he will go back to normal without using drugs of course.

Psychiatrists like to throw out SSRI's and antisyphocits like candy, kinda like they used to do with ADD/ADHD meds, since these meds arent heavily controled docs hand em out like candy even if you dont really need them and try and ramp up your dosage to the max dosage asap. So keep that in mind.

Last edited:
legaluser why do you keep arguing me? Every time I mention calling emergency services you decide to post against my advice saying don't call the cops. I never wished a benzo addiction on you and don't know where you got that from. I don't know what you have against me, but it is obviously something as throughout the whole thread as I struggle to post on a half broken device taking extreme effort and time only for you to come in and ruin it all in one go with your naysaying.

So I ask again please stop trying to argue with me. Your posts constantly suggest I was saying something I wasn't while constantly posting opposite harmful childish advice like sedating him with benzos and not getting professionals involved in fear that some curropt cop will come and ruin everything as you obviously believe every emergency serevice call leads to curropt police coming and making things worse, which is a paranoia that you should seek therapy for as it obviously is not allowing you to think clearly.

Edit: I'll add you obviously think I know nothing about modern medicine, psychology, neurology, psychiatry, mental health care facilities, mental health care needs, the legal system, current events, the medical system, and general areas of knowledge that relate to understanding the situation.

Edit 2 : Dependancy can happen with a single benzo dose. I get rebound anxiety with one dose of ativan for a day after where I have only had benzos less than fifteen times ever. The rebound anxiety is so bad I get heart/chest pain. Even one dose can be bad that said one dose can immediately end delusional substance induced psychosis, which if needed should be done by a professional like an EMT or ER person.

Last edited:
legaluser why do you keep arguing me? Every time I mention calling emergency services you decide to post against my advice saying don't call the cops. I never wished a benzo addiction on you and don't know where you got that from. I don't know what you have against me, but it is obviously something as throughout the whole thread as I struggle to post on a half broken device taking extreme effort and time only for you to come in and ruin it all in one go with your naysaying.

So I ask again please stop trying to argue with me. Your posts constantly suggest I was saying something I wasn't while constantly posting opposite harmful childish advice like sedating him with benzos and not getting professionals involved in fear that some curropt cop will come and ruin everything as you obviously believe every emergency serevice call leads to curropt police coming and making things worse, which is a paranoia that you should seek therapy for as it obviously is not allowing you to think clearly.

Edit: I'll add you obviously think I know nothing about modern medicine, psychology, neurology, psychiatry, mental health care facilities, mental health care needs, the legal system, current events, the medical system, and general areas of knowledge that relate to understanding the situation.

Edit 2 : Dependancy can happen with a single benzo dose. I get rebound anxiety with one dose of ativan for a day after where I have only had benzos less than fifteen times ever. The rebound anxiety is so bad I get heart/chest pain. Even one dose can be bad that said one dose can immediately end delusional substance induced psychosis, which if needed should be done by a professional like an EMT or ER person

you have been arguing against me recommending proffessional help saying that they are better off self administration of tranquilizers then later seeking "proffeasional help" that you assume is rehab and the likes he probably won't cooperate going to if he allows himself to get like this. Really where is your common sense? This thread has not been a joke and still you act like it is constantly recommending benzo sedation as your own addiction prevents you from seeing any other solution than benzos. It is extremely harmful and I serriously hope you wise up and get hell as benzo addiction is deadly and no joke..

Thats funny because id say YOU were the one putting words in my mouth that i didnt say, and misquoting me, and YOUR the one thats arguing with me also by misquoting me and thinking i said something that i did not say, or adding your own twist to my words to contort them to mean something else.

did you read what the girl was going through and try and offer advice to help her situation instead of, "oh call the cops call 911" <--as if thats super good advice.

thats good advice if you know nothing about the situation or if someone is in GRAVE danger, not just a dude ona bender looking funny at cars.

I said before and ill say again the dude needed help, someone said rehab would make him worse? sure if hes not willing to go with the program it could do nothing, but what about a forced 5150 or extended time which from what ive read they force you to take medications, as well as being away from family or friends or ina strange city, rehab would give him the tools he needs because it sounds more like hes not super crazy yet but just been abusing stimulants to much and needs to stay clean so he can think clearly.

but i guess i shoulda said "call the cops on him" 'wipe my hands' ok im clean hes the fuckup not me, he shouldnt have been doing meth in the first place who cares about charges or abuse or w/e he deserves it....right?

Thats funny because id say YOU were the one putting words in my mouth that i didnt say, and misquoting me, and YOUR the one thats arguing with me also by misquoting me and thinking i said something that i did not say, or adding your own twist to my words to contort them to mean something else.

did you read what the girl was going through and try and offer advice to help her situation instead of, "oh call the cops call 911" <--as if thats super good advice.

Yes repeatedly only for idiots to say don't call the cops when I recommended taking advantage of the situation to call for help to have a forced mental health evaluation holding as the delusional behavior is an obvious sign to something underlying a medical expert needs to see him sober to diagnose, but most likely wouldn't happen when he is sober as someone like that will usually avoid help due to an unhealthy paranoia. I would have posted more, but most of my devices are broken making one post take an extra twenty minutes. Plus people like you or possibly only you kept advising to self sedate and not call for professional help because it would be calling cops making my advice pointless as some idiot repeatedly posted that my situation was bad and benzo dosing them would be the best solution as the answers always MOR3 DRUGZ!!!1!11!! is obviously your end all answer to every problem in life

thats good advice if you know nothing about the situation or if someone is in GRAVE danger, not just a dude ona bender looking funny at cars.

I said before and ill say again the dude needed help, someone said rehab would make him worse? sure if hes not willing to go with the program it could do nothing, but what about a forced 5150 or extended time which from what ive read they force you to take medications, as well as being away from family or friends or ina strange city, rehab would give him the tools he needs because it sounds more like hes not super crazy yet but just been abusing stimulants to much and needs to stay clean so he can think clearly.

but i guess i shoulda said "call the cops on him" 'wipe my hands' ok im clean hes the fuckup not e, he shouldnt have been doing meth in the first place who cares about charges or abuse or w/e he deserves it....right?
take your own advice and read my posts as obviously you haven't even when arguing against them. I'll add no one can force medication on you unless they violate your human rights or they have evidence you will become destructive to the environment or a danger to oneself or someone else..... He probably would have ended up getting injected with something to counter the meth, but nothing except thar even if that.

im not suggested him to get addicted to benzos, why you wish benzo addiction on me? thats pretty cruel, lol ive already been through benzo addiction once it was really hard, so was alcohol, but im better today not addicted or dependent."
From your most offensive post. I am done trying to clue in your clueless self. I am not wasting my time responding to someone arguing me who obviously is not reading my posts and pulling shit from their ass.

goodbye and good riddance

edit: mike.vic argued the obvious answer before you, but he was truly stupid where you actually had some idea what you argued. Still you both argued the same harmful answer. I apologize for some of my language against you I am just passionate

Last edited:
Okay guys, lets cut out the crosstalk. I don't even see OP posting in this thread anymore, you two continuing to argue is not going to help the situation at all. It is very easy to get caught up in an argument online but there is no clear solution or winner. Just let this thread die.

Don't instigate shit on the forums, solve your shit in a diplomatic manner like the adults we all are.... c'mon now.

Status
Not open for further replies.