Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Boycott Singapore - Van's unfair sentance

Status
Not open for further replies.
<3

^Wow. :|. That's just amazing to read, muzby and totally out of left field for me.
The newspaper said Khoa was also a convicted drug trafficker and heroin user.
I wonder if this will change people's ideas and opinions?

I don't see that it changes anything.

It has nothing to do with Van being hung, nor the moral implications involved.

<3

^I wasn't saying my own personal opinions will change.
I simply fear the more narrow minded and easilly swayed opinions of the ignorant masses may.
I will be curious to see if any big-note speakers or notable Australians start to change their opinions a little?

lostpunk5545 said:
I don't see that it changes anything.

It has nothing to do with Van being hung, nor the moral implications involved.

I agree.

CTOB and Muzby. How is this in any way connected to the moral issue of state sanctioned killing? Both of you go get a job for New Idea. ;)

Last edited:
muzby said:
i love how stuff comes out in the wash..

read me

not sure what you mean but I did infer from what was reported about his brother that he had been in trouble and that he was doing it to clear debts associated with this. So yeah his brother was in trouble with the law in Aus and so hang his brother for it??? Sorry I am a bit confused about what you intend by this?
In fact it sounds a lot like our politicians...supporting the death penalty so long as some other country takes care of the messy details for us and cleans up our streets...
bit like the recent cases of sending people back overseas if they commit a crime here and somehow managed to not become a citizen of our country...sorry we can't deal with the problems that our own country creates, would you please take care of them for us because we can't be bothered spending any more money on this stuff...no seriously this person is not our responsibility even though the society they grew up in had a lot to do with how they turned out...it was all nature man...not nurture...
:\
ok, now I almost got myself confused but I think I said what meant to!!!
;)
It doesn't change my opinion that the death penalty is not required in any situation or any country and doesn't really do anything to deal with the problems that it's supporters hope it will.
:(

Originally posted by COTB

^I wasn't saying my own personal opinions will change.
I simply fear the more narrow minded and easilly swayed opinions of the ignorant masses may.
I will be curious to see if any big-note speakers or notable Australians start to change their opinions a little?

I am trying my damn hardest to comphrehend what you are trying to say...cos boy it doesnt even make sense.....first off Im still trying to figure out which side you are on (your personal opinion)...1. Against the Death Penalty or 2. Its ok in this case.

Cause from one off your previous post, as someone else pointed out you contradicted yourself when you said in similar words "Im so against the death penalty" but in "Vans case its cool cause its too late for him now" so Ill just make an exception this one time and say everything is hunky dory..cos really I dont have an opinion !!!

So when you said the above...who are you referring to as the narrow minded and easily swayed opinions off the masses?...are you referring too the people that think he deserved it or the ones that are against the punishment he was given? Seems to me that you are one off the easily swayed individuals judging by the fact that I still cant figure out the stance you are taking and it can sway any moment now......which it proby has if you actually think an article like that would change the opinion off anyone with some thought.. 8o

I dont understand whats so barbaric about hanging - its certainly alot more appealing than the electric chair.

Right. In this day and age when you can kill painlessly, such as lethal injection, we must hang people.

lethal injection has gone wrong a few times also, and its debateable as to how often it works as planned: there is no monitoring of the victims vital signs or anything apparently

Plenty of information on the chemicals, the procedure and how it can go wrong on the web if youre curious
sodium thiopental, pancuronium bromide and potassium chloride are the chemicals used

http://www.tonyford.org/cgi-bin/en_lethal_injection.php

edit: quoted from wiki
On occasion, there have also been difficulties inserting the delivery needles, sometimes taking over half an hour to find a suitable vein. Some of the previous errors in Texas executions include:
- Technicians punctured the inmate repeatedly in both arms and legs for 45 minutes before a vein was located. (Stephen Peter Morin [7], March 13, 1985)
- Executioners struggled for 35 minutes to insert the catheter into an inmate's veins. (Elliot Johnson, June 24, 1987)
24 minutes elapsed between the time the initial injection occurred and the time the inmate was pronounced dead; two minutes into the procedure, the syringe came out of the inmate's arm and the chemicals sprayed out towards witnesses. (Raymond Landry [8], December 13, 1988 )
- After an inmate had a violent physical reaction to the drugs as they were injected, the Texas Attorney General stated the inmate "seemed to have a somewhat stronger reaction," adding "The drugs might have been administered in a heavier dose or more rapidly." (Stephen McCoy [9], May 24, 1989)

As KB said there definitely are problems with lethal injection - it's just seen as a more humane death because it's not as gory. In all honesty, if I had to be executed, I'd be asking for a gun to the head.

Despite outward appearances, I consider each method of administering the death penalty, that is, forcibly terminating someone's life, as being just as barbaric and immoral.

No matter how you dress it up, whether like China you administer a single bullet to the back of the head, or give an injection of poison, or fry the body with electricity, it all ends in the same fucking result, no matter how you dress it up as 'civilised' or 'humane'.

-plaz out-

I still think the method of execution is important. While I believe they're all fairly barbaric, as plazma stated, simply because whatever way you look at it you're still killing someone, I do think that it's important that the death isn't seen to be sadistic. It is supposedly punishment, not revenge.

Surely in this day and age, with our extensive knowledge of the body and weaponry, we can come up with a way to quickly and painlessly kill someone, causing the least amount of stress for the family of the victim.

Maybe we just see hanging as uncivilised because its been in use for hundreds of years. These countries spend millions of dollars working out new and innovative to blow each other up in war but seem to struggle when it comes to a speedy death for their own citizens...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.