• AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Big Day Out 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^
Who called someone a communist?

The guys name was Captain Commie!

*starfalls69* said:
See....that's what the BDO is meant for :D Music, mates and having a good time. Not putting stupid rules and regulations on it.

have you read the rules of the event on your ticket ? no glass, no alcohol, no this, no that... doesnt say no flags though...

To anyone who feels so proud of being 'Australian' that they are screaming fucking bullshit at the thought discouraging its use as gang colours at what is meant to be a peaceful music festival I ask you this:

Would you go to war for your country?

Have you?

Are you going next year?

Wacky said:
Off topic, strawman.

off what topic ? we are talking threats to our culture. he would be at the top of the list.

for anyone thinking that he is being held in oppressive conditions, just type "changi", or "bernau" or "kokoda" in to your google.

"ROT IN HELL, HICKS..."

gher said:
To anyone who feels so proud of being 'Australian' that they are screaming fucking bullshit at the thought discouraging its use as gang colours at what is meant to be a peaceful music festival I ask you this:

Would you go to war for your country?

Have you?

Are you going next year?

whats this "gang colours" bullshit ? just what gang are they talking about ? what about the bikie gang that runs the security at the b.d.o ?

get your facts straight. and yes, i would go to war in a heart beat. all the army has to do is accept me. and no, i wont be going to any other events run by this particular promoter and his gang of thugs. period.

say it loud ! said:
whats this "gang colours" bullshit ? just what gang are they talking about ? what about the bikie gang that runs the security at the b.d.o ?

get your facts straight. and yes, i would go to war in a heart beat. all the army has to do is accept me. and no, i wont be going to any other events run by this particular promoter and his gang of thugs. period.

It's not an actual gang, it's a metaphor suggesting that the way certain people wear/carry the flag encourages an us and them mentality, true blue dinkum aussies vs those dirty people who were rude enough not to be born here.

I'm talking about the type of people that wear the flag while beating up anyone not white. There may not be an organisation as such but they are just as much of a menace, if not more than the bikie security guards you're condemning.

I take it you've put your application in to the army then.

security run by criminal interests are also a threat to our national safety. as if you couldnt tell that already.

and anyone who goes in to a recruitment office saying"sign me up for iraq", usually doesnt get in. mainly because they would think you are mad... im still awaiting my reply.

i think most people would sign up in relation to someone invading OUR shores. except the "yellow sheep" of course, who hide behind their bullshit agenda, when really they are just plain gutless. which is tantamount to desertion.:X

Not everyone who wears the flag goes around beating people up. Why is it ok to make such generalisations about people who take pride in their country (who are currently in that country)?

I've read posts on another forum on the same topic where people have said 'That's bullshit my grandfather died fighting in WW1 or 2' or something. I think the same rings true for the participants of racial riots - most of whom are too comfortable living here to want to go to war. It's an unfair to compare racial rioting to the World Wars - unfortunately many do in their nationalistic rhetoric.

It's like ancestors went -------------------------------------------> this far.
Bogans go -----> this far.

I'm actually quite pissed off by this. Its the Australia Day long weekend for christ's sake.

What would have happened if the BDO organisers had said:
"We're not banning people Muslim attire from the event, we just think it would be best if it were left at home, is all"
8)

Easy - the same whinging from Muslim clerics as there is from politicians, followed by a lifting of the 'ban'. The only reason they don't say that is they're afraid of people turning up wearing trenchcoats and C4, just like everybody else in that position.

Not that I'll change anyone's mind, but I found this post to be an interesting discussion of the topic.

ValeTudo said:
Bullshit ^ It is traditionally held on January 26th, and is not held in any country but Australia. The majority of acts are Australian and it is organized and promoted by an Australian company.

pssst....Auckland is in New Zealand. Not Australia :D. And the BDO is held on, what, 5, 6, 7 different days...only one of which is Australia Day.

phase_dancer said:
We communicate yearly with BDO organisers and have always found them to be thoughtful and thorough planners. As those BLers and others who did volunteer work at the GC BDO will attest to, this year the safety standards were higher, requiring that all workers attend a pre-event safety induction process. Besides the caring attitude shown towards punters by the organisers, these requirements often also stem from compulsory insurance demands, which are currently increasing every year.

Mate, you should get them to talk to the Auckland organisers, because seriously, Auckland BDO is the worst run festival I've ever been to. The crowd management is appalling, it's nearly impossible to get from stage to stage due to the crush, shitty soundsystem, etc. I'm sure they mean well, but they really need to lift their game.

are we in china ?

what IS a load of communist bullshit is the removal of posts witch oppose the political view of the site.

bollocks. is this australia or china ?

^bluelight isn't a democracy kiddo, you'd be best to realise that :\

bow down before our lady mods and step in line =D

Status
Not open for further replies.