• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CBD Megathread

Having experience with over 1000 different strains grown at top shelf I can honestly say that this comes down to opinion.

CBD strains do tend to have a more earthy taste as others have said, and I find that the drug itself taste like cherry. I like most of what I have tried but it's not for everyone.

The only strains that I avoid due to taste happen to be THC dominant, and has nothing to do with how well they are grown. Namely, anything with Cheese (I know, unpopular opinion) as well as grapefruit I stay away from because the taste is bad to me. Yes, I am a pot snob.

Agreed on the Cheese thing. A lot of people think I'm nuts, but naw, something about it I don't like. Grapefruit's aight though.

I’ve smoked CBD flower that was almost hard to tell it was just CBD. Beautiful trichromes, rank terpy smell, just missing a little something... Oh ya the THC! But still I’m impressed with what they’ve come up with.

I had one strain, something garlic, which was a 50/50 THC/Cbd (10% and 10%) and that’s about as CBD as I like to go in my weed.

-GC

My one vendor has several levels of quality and the most expensive ounces smell and look like regular dank budz. While the cheap stuff looks like middies/shwag, even the lowend stuff is nice and relaxing. But with the expensive flower I get a little high off it and it's great for pain/anxiety. Sometimes mix with regular THC flower to stretch out the stash further when I need to also it's nice how it mellows out stuff that's so loud.

Honestly people don’t give the terpenes enough credit for effect. I’ve had a chance to try isolated terpenes from the strain Blueberry and definitely felt high from it.

-GC

freezer's definitely the way to go, though. [...] vacuum-sealed

Long term storage, vac seal into freezer

Oxygen, heat and light are the three variables you want to control as much as possible. (editor's note: this means cold, airtight and dark)

Put kief into vacuum-sealable containers. Vacuum-seal them. Store in freezer.
Yes, this seems like the best way to store kief/isolate and weed long term. I worked with all kinds of samples; from biological tissue to restricted drugs. Some samples were kept in the fridges, some in the freezer and few in the freezer at -80C/-112F. The better the packaging and the colder the storage, the better or longer samples would remain stable.

Anyone recommend a good home vacuum sealer? I’d like to do bag within bag, so at least 2 roll sizes?

Tom

Different answers? Seems like everybody's telling you the same thing over and over again.

I wasn't talking about this thread and certainly didn't mean to suggest that... only the information in this thread is what I've read that all have different recommendations.

Sorry for the confusion I mean it's just that I prefer to get more just 3 people with the same opinion.

CBD has much less of a detectable effect than THC does in my experience.

Then again, there are lots of CBD products that either contain much less CBD than stated or even none at all...

air tight jars in a freezer would be my best idea

Wouldn't a glass mason jar be more air tight than a plastic vacuum sealed bag? Has anyone stored keif in the freezer for years.

The online weed store I buy from gives out free keif samples with each purchase hence this question in case anyone was wondering.

Last edited:
I wasn't talking about this thread and certainly didn't mean to suggest that... only the information in this thread is what I've read that all have different recommendations.

Sorry for the confusion I mean it's just that I prefer to get more just 3 people with the same opinion.

Ok, here’s what I learned/learnt/learnt from working as a lab tech since 1990 (am retired, ya fucking hoo)

1- biological samples have to be frozen as soon as possible. Degradation of some.components will occur quickly. We’d freeze sample at -20 overnight and then they would go into -80 for long term storage.

2. Sometimes samples were freeze dried to remove all the water

3. If coldfrozen samples had to be analyzed they were removed from cold/frozen storage and either thawed completely or let come to room temperature beFore opening up 2-3 external bags and having condensation as a problem.

Kepp your samples away from air, light, heat and moisture. 2-3 layers of vacuum seal, pop em in the freezer and you *will* be good for years.

Tom

Wouldn't a glass mason jar be more air tight than a plastic vacuum sealed bag? Has anyone stored keif in the freezer for years.

The online weed store I buy from gives out free keif samples with each purchase hence this question in case anyone was wondering.

No, not if you buy good quality roll bags. Or use multiple bags. There are attachments for some of the vacuum sealers that allow you to use jars - but I think they might be brand specific jars and inappropriately expensive.

I’m not sure if it would help but I’ve thought about throwing in a boveda humidity pack inside each vacuum sealed bag.

Tom

I’ve seen a lot of places say that they have cbd flowers with very low THC levels, are they really just hemp dressed up as weed or is it a think? What does smoking cbd buds do to you? I just interested and unsure 😐

This article may be helpful to you.

tl;dr version: don't think of it as hemp vs. weed. It's all weed (same species). Hemp is just CBD dominant with little THC.

Industrial hemp is CBD dominant with only trace THC. If by "CBD buds", you mean buds from the hemp plant, then smoking them won't do anything... you won't get high. The average industrial hemp plant has 0.3% THC.

It's not that hemp is dressed up as weed to trick you, it's that it's a variety of cannabis sativa which literally makes it a weed plant. So they call it weed. You could cross-breed THC dominant species to produce CBD dominant species, but why do that when hemp flowers already exist.

That said... they won't be selling you "industrial" hemp to smoke because the quality standard is different. CBD-dominant hemp would be grown for consumption which is why it's more expensive.

This article may be helpful to you.

tl;dr version: don't think of it as hemp vs. weed. It's all weed (same species). Hemp is just CBD dominant with little THC.

Industrial hemp is CBD dominant with only trace THC. If by "CBD buds", you mean buds from the hemp plant, then smoking them won't do anything... you won't get high. The average industrial hemp plant has 0.3% THC.

It's not that hemp is dressed up as weed to trick you, it's that it's a variety of cannabis sativa which literally makes it a weed plant. So they call it weed. You could cross-breed THC dominant species to produce CBD dominant species, but why do that when hemp flowers already exist.

That said... they won't be selling you "industrial" hemp to smoke because the quality standard is different. CBD-dominant hemp would be grown for consumption which is why it's more expensive.
This.

I do find that hemp buds can produce a mild stone though, definitely not placebo. But nothing like classic THC ridden weed.

You mean vaping flower? That is actually better for you than smoking from a bowl. No combustion. The weed just activates is all.

Its the oils / liquids that are the issue. You are fine.

The issues with THC oil stemmed from scummy vendors of black market carts cutting the product with HoneyCut which contained the compound Vitamin E Acetate. In general using carts from dispensary or trusted source is just fine. But the way you are just vaporizing the buds themselves is even safer cuz it's highly unlikely people are contaminating the flower with anything. I've used THC oil carts since that fiasco and Delta-8-THC carts tho and have been fine.

I’ve seen websites that have RED PURE AUTO CBD (SWEET SEEDS)

it says You can smoke or vape the buds all day long for their relaxing and soothing properties, without any psychoactive effect. Enjoy them alone during the day to remain fully productive, or sprinkle them into THC-rich joints

They look pretty exotic

I’ve seen websites that have RED PURE AUTO CBD (SWEET SEEDS)

it says You can smoke or vape the buds all day long for their relaxing and soothing properties, without any psychoactive effect. Enjoy them alone during the day to remain fully productive, or sprinkle them into THC-rich joints

They look pretty exotic

Sounds like a marketing thing. Like someone said above, you technically get a weak high from CBD buds, but usually only if you're sensitive to that. I can feel it but my friend can't.

When I have quality CBD flower and roll up nice size joint containing around a gram maybe little less I definitely get a nice buzz off it. But like others say it's obviously much milder than high THC Cannabis. Really do enjoy it though if you have good vendor the buds taste great and I enjoy the act of smoking it quite a bit and the smell of the smoke in the air. I find it to be incredibly relaxing activity if I'm really stressed out or depressed and fire up CBD joint I pretty much feel better after half but always smoke whole thing. I use it to help fight off my cravings for Heroin also and it works for me, when I start to get into that triggering process of wanting Opioids I just smoke CBD, THC or vape Delta-8 and I feel loads better.