• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Alprazolam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.

Truth? There’s a part of me that’s hoping that this logic and support and input given by all here could be taken up, even by those that are too shy to post or just lurking, by users of most all substances with the exception of Heroin and Alcohol. And of course: speaking purely of recreational use and physical dependence that could have ended up being the result. Not speaking of substances that are necessary for treatment of medical conditions.

But, sometimes, the time or circumstances are just not right maybe? Dunno. I mean: it doesn’t help if your sober life is a bigger hell let’s face it. Or does the one feed on the other? Chicken or the egg first? But that’s why addiction ain’t that simple I guess. Doesn’t help getting sober and then jumping under a bus because reality is so shit let’s face it. That’s why, in my opinion anyway, there needs to be a holistic approach in most cases. And maybe something like this forms a part of said holistic approach. Anonymous, non-judgmental, and doesn’t put somebody in a system with records that will follow them around forever like a shit-rag (sometimes that comes with its own shit and that will outlive the addiction issue that’s then become a thing of the past).

Anyway. Whatever the case: always makes things better and easier to have someone in your corner no matter what. That’s why I noted the other day on that other thread that I’m surprised that no more threads such as this exist.

Grandiose? Maybe. Ill informed about (some) other substances? Maybe. Well meaning. Definitely.

And by the way: no shit from the Cocaine fraternity! This doesn’t apply to you. When you’re ready: you get your head out of your backside and call it a day. Two decades, at least, qualifies me to make that statement! But until then call 555…….! 🤣
You are a voice of reason my friend.

I tried like crazy this weekend not to take any Benzos
Hey my good friend.

There's your problem right there. Putting yourself under too much pressure. That can have the total, opposite, and unintended effect. Obsessing about simply, immediately, walking away from them will guaranteed raise levels of anxiety and, well, vicious circle as I'm sure is obvious.

Tell you something very interesting that I noted about myself those years ago AND which I've noticed around these parts in the last year on one or two or three occasions:

Believe it or not: tapering from whatever dose right down to almost nothing is easier than giving up that last little bit even although your dose has become so low that it's probably not even having an effect anymore. Put another way: reality hits hard, psychologically, when you're on that last bottle and you know there's no more coming. Ever. And that's but one of the reasons why it's important to have other things stacked in your favor when attempting this.

I must admit though: probably easier for me as I've never ordered anything online ever (insofar as pharmaceuticals or narcotics are concerned). Point is: a refill was way more than a few simple clicks of the mouse away and required some effort on my part (visit to the GP, cost of a prescription, then the pharmacy, you get the picture). Unfortunately: that is a problem for many nowadays I reckon (with most all substances I would imagine). How somebody deals with that I do not have the answer I'm afraid.

Anyway. I wouldn't go beating yourself up about this. And a thumbs up for giving it a thought and thinking about it anyway. Believe it or not: that in and of itself is a good sign and a positive step. Just, as noted above, don't let it become a vicious circle. Tomorrow, or next week, is another day, or another week. :)

Hey my good friend.

There's your problem right there. Putting yourself under too much pressure. That can have the total, opposite, and unintended effect. Obsessing about simply, immediately, walking away from them will guaranteed raise levels of anxiety and, well, vicious circle as I'm sure is obvious.

Tell you something very interesting that I noted about myself those years ago AND which I've noticed around these parts in the last year on one or two or three occasions:

Believe it or not: tapering from whatever dose right down to almost nothing is easier than giving up that last little bit even although your dose has become so low that it's probably not even having an effect anymore. Put another way: reality hits hard, psychologically, when you're on that last bottle and you know there's no more coming. Ever. And that's but one of the reasons why it's important to have other things stacked in your favor when attempting this.

I must admit though: probably easier for me as I've never ordered anything online ever (insofar as pharmaceuticals or narcotics are concerned). Point is: a refill was way more than a few simple clicks of the mouse away and required some effort on my part (visit to the GP, cost of a prescription, then the pharmacy, you get the picture). Unfortunately: that is a problem for many nowadays I reckon (with most all substances I would imagine). How somebody deals with that I do not have the answer I'm afraid.

Anyway. I wouldn't go beating yourself up about this. And a thumbs up for giving it a thought and thinking about it anyway. Believe it or not: that in and of itself is a good sign and a positive step. Just, as noted above, don't let it become a vicious circle. Tomorrow, or next week, is another day, or another week. :)
This was my addiction in a nutshell. I also had to go the route of Doc appt, pharmacy etc. )

That last bottle was a sad day. I was ready for it though. Like you said, Quitting is easy. Not refilling those little fuckers or hitting the street afterward was the hard part. And I have never tapered anything successfully. Always all or nothing. It's just my personality I guess. Decided to go with nothing as I was ready and I wanted to I realized that I can never have a euphoric substance in my presence again. Not in any quantity anyway :ROFLMAO: .

I think the OP has all the information he needs. If he reads through the thread from start to finish and REALLY wants to taper....he will. Nothin' more we can say.<3

eTPpVXzl.png

I'm using Alprazolam,very large dosage like 50 mg - 100 mg daily (Please don't ask me,"How it possible?").I start using it from 2017, the time first I entered my University. It’s already 4 1/2 y.But I realized,this chemical F* up my cognitive performance.But I hate Psychiatrist.And "Taper Down" tactics didn’t work on me.My study is trying to survive.What should I do now?
first off let me say you are not alone! I once had a tolerance not as high as youres but for all intents a d purpose it's essentially the same once you get past 10-20mg a day for months at a time. You are gonna have to find a legit Dr who is willing to work with you and Taper you on either klon or Diaz OR if for some weird reason those don't cut it(I'm on should it's essentially as strong as can and last much longe r. If those don't work Taper with xan as you clearly have some, give it to someone to trust with you're life, literally (this is if you don't trust yourself with a lot of Xanax around) start With whatever gets you through the day with minimal pain and Taper slowly(1-3 year process easy with you're intake) I'm not gonna lor and say it's easy, to me it's by far the hardest compound to kick peroid. The wds are a nightmare I wish on no one. Cattle prod shocks multiple times.a minute so me so strong it literally feels like being hit by a bolt of lightning, it start with little tick s and manifest into what indescribed. That's just the start. Then come straight delusions. I've tripped on everything you've heard of and a.few.you haven't and nothing is as terrifying as benzodiazepines wd delerium. At one point in my life I was involved in certain drug trafficking groups up in Canada and a few.on the east coast and the netherlands(think operation Dutch connection - pre for pre silk roadm ) any way at one point I thought a rival group of gu ys(who are real bTW) they just aren't surrounding my house talking to me.through the t.v. And sending drones over my house. I literally thought I was about to be killed any minute. I've never had fear.like.that in my life. I was so filled I took a jar of lad crystal that had maybe 1.7 /2mg I opened in up and played down on my bed and put the jar on my forehead, and I accept ed I could die(weird how I went f or the cid, just extremely bizarre terrifying exp.) FInally.the sun came up and i felt a little better, it's important to be healthy and not doing any illegal sketchy shot or.it will come back to you in the w d exp. It took about four more months of being at home literally not getting out of bed only to.eat, good luck my friend if you need anything lmk. I feel it my karmic duty to help anyone coming off benzodiazepines. It's a huge problem and most folks who take xan s everyday don't know the potential world of hurt they are in flr. Not to mention cognitive decline(pronounced) permanent tinnitus(which is why alo t of people hear voices in the beginning of the delirium stahe.) Also it turns out the shot actually makes you more nervous in the long run....how about that for a kick in the ass, you go to the Dr and walk out with a myriad of shit.

This was my addiction in a nutshell. I also had to go the route of Doc appt, pharmacy etc. )

That last bottle was a sad day. I was ready for it though. Like you said, Quitting is easy. Not refilling those little fuckers or hitting the street afterward was the hard part. And I have never tapered anything successfully. Always all or nothing. It's just my personality I guess. Decided to go with nothing as I was ready and I wanted to I realized that I can never have a euphoric substance in my presence again. Not in any quantity anyway :ROFLMAO: .

I think the OP has all the information he needs. If he reads through the thread from start to finish and REALLY wants to taper....he will. Nothin' more we can say.<3
Yeah look. All of this may look easy as posted. But it isn't. There's many factors that come into play. And a lot has to come from self. And of course: there's certain substances where I don't believe that cold turkey is even an option. Not to mention certain dosages. I suppose one could go for broke with benzodiazepines and have Flumazenil administered. But that would precipitate immediate withdrawals. I figure on low or therapeutic doses that could be a plan. Kind of like ripping a plaster off as opposed to peeling it off slowly. Sit with the shit for a day or two or three and it's over (caveat being the underlying reasons for ending up having been prescribed these things in the first place). And certainly not recommended for the dosages bandied about here on this thread.

But yeah. There's psychological dependence involved too. And frankly: that can last a lot longer than physical dependence or withdrawal symptoms. I can tell you from my Cocaine career that it took a long time (years) before my association of being on my ear with alcohol and scoring was bearable. And it was a concerted effort I can tell you. To the extent where I remember, on occasion, having to actually say to myself out loud that no: you are not doing this. But I know I slipped up a few times in the beginning. But given that alcohol has always been synonymous with nice lunches and dinners and business and having a good time and partying: just wasn't something I was prepared to give up. So I probably made things more difficult than they actually needed to be.

Personality? I'll admit: same here. All or fuck all. No such thing as one or two drinks for example. Two bottles or screw that for a laugh. There's something in this though. And as I know I've mentioned (but possibly deleted) my understanding of self came from one of the most unlikely sources. Ozzy Osbourne no less! True story. There's an old documentary on him and his life (used to have it on DVD but that's gone). In short: he noted that he never downed vats of booze or shot Demerol to be social. He did it to get fucked up. Those were his exact words. And that put things (me) into perspective for me because I always wondered how come, with me, there's never ever been any moderation (in anything). Never solved any issues. But did put things into perspective. And if nothing else: it stopped me from beating myself up over that little side of my personality. And, as it turns out, they've tested his DNA since. Only to find he's genetically predisposed to this (and my) type of debauchery. It's well documented this. Mind you and to my credit: at least when it comes to benzodiazepines I managed to taper (although, if the truth be told, and with hindsight and in just reading through this all, I cannot help but wonder if that wasn't more of a case of drawing the whole process out to suit i.e. I'm pretty sure, as uncomfortable as it may have been, that I'd have made it through the withdrawals) (albeit, possibly, with the help of alcohol at the time). And this time around: I've managed to behave myself on my little 1mg/2mg intake. But I'm also well aware: put me back into my into my own set of ideal circumstances and, well, with what I know now, I could very well end up singing a very different tune. This past year and my circumstances have had me thinking real hard and real clear about certain things and things that I've beaten myself up over or have been made to feel guilty about. And it's become very very clear to me that I am who I am. And that's not going to change. Nor would it ever have changed. And if anybody finds that's unpalatable or that I'm no pillar of society: they can go fuck themselves. Backwards. And then some. And life is shorter than you think.

(I actually drafted this reply yesterday but got interrupted. Again. Hate when that happens. Sorry.).

How can "I" change "me"? 🤔

Eternal question...

(Or , how can "I" change "I"...? The thing that needs to be changed is doing the changes needed... Pretty illogical...or I stupid? 🤣)

Last edited by a moderator:
first off let me say you are not alone! I once had a tolerance not as high as youres but for all intents a d purpose it's essentially the same once you get past 10-20mg a day for months at a time. You are gonna have to find a legit Dr who is willing to work with you and Taper you on either klon or Diaz OR if for some weird reason those don't cut it(I'm on should it's essentially as strong as can and last much longe r. If those don't work Taper with xan as you clearly have some, give it to someone to trust with you're life, literally (this is if you don't trust yourself with a lot of Xanax around) start With whatever gets you through the day with minimal pain and Taper slowly(1-3 year process easy with you're intake) I'm not gonna lor and say it's easy, to me it's by far the hardest compound to kick peroid. The wds are a nightmare I wish on no one. Cattle prod shocks multiple times.a minute so me so strong it literally feels like being hit by a bolt of lightning, it start with little tick s and manifest into what indescribed. That's just the start. Then come straight delusions. I've tripped on everything you've heard of and a.few.you haven't and nothing is as terrifying as benzodiazepines wd delerium. At one point in my life I was involved in certain drug trafficking groups up in Canada and a few.on the east coast and the netherlands(think operation Dutch connection - pre for pre silk roadm ) any way at one point I thought a rival group of gu ys(who are real bTW) they just aren't surrounding my house talking to me.through the t.v. And sending drones over my house. I literally thought I was about to be killed any minute. I've never had fear.like.that in my life. I was so filled I took a jar of lad crystal that had maybe 1.7 /2mg I opened in up and played down on my bed and put the jar on my forehead, and I accept ed I could die(weird how I went f or the cid, just extremely bizarre terrifying exp.) FInally.the sun came up and i felt a little better, it's important to be healthy and not doing any illegal sketchy shot or.it will come back to you in the w d exp. It took about four more months of being at home literally not getting out of bed only to.eat, good luck my friend if you need anything lmk. I feel it my karmic duty to help anyone coming off benzodiazepines. It's a huge problem and most folks who take xan s everyday don't know the potential world of hurt they are in flr. Not to mention cognitive decline(pronounced) permanent tinnitus(which is why alo t of people hear voices in the beginning of the delirium stahe.) Also it turns out the shot actually makes you more nervous in the long run....how about that for a kick in the ass, you go to the Dr and walk out with a myriad of shit.
Hey. Thanks for sharing. (I hate that word "sharing" though i.e. sounds so goody-two-shoes doesn't it? 🤣 ). But thanks for sharing.

You're an interesting person I'll tell you (in reference to your past antics)! Now in another life... ;)

You've answered one question that I asked but that remained unanswered until now i.e. the once you get past +10mg issue. That was my pondering i.e. I was wondering if it was a linear scale when it came to tapering. In other words (sorry if I'm repeating myself i.e. don't know if you read the entire thread): is tapering weekly in 0.5mg increments from 2mg per day the same as tapering weekly in 0.5mg increments from 100mg per day. I'm figuring that on huge daily doses: somebody could take it down quicker? Maybe? And if there's any truth to this: well then that'd be good news for some not? Probably take it down in bigger increments until you start feeling withdrawal coming on. And right there you'd know where your baseline is (type of thing). Dunno.

Anyway. As a result of this thread, and my starting another one roughly on the same topic, I've had cause to have (yet another) run through of The Ashton Manual. I'd actually forgotten the value of, and the detail provided in, that work (not to mention the entire site to boot). Bottom line is: there's nothing that's not covered there. I guess it just depends on a person's interest in the topic and just how much detail a person is after. There's one caveat to bear in mind though: when in the situation some of the stuff can be daunting (possibly even instilling sheer terror). I speak from experience i.e. when I first came across it I thought right, that's it, you're permanently fucked. Put another way: not something to be trying to read once you're already sitting in full blown withdrawal anyway (if you think you've got anxiety now then think again! 🤣 )! She just did a very thorough job and detailed, in some cases, the very worst case scenarios is all. So bear that in mind if anybody decides to spend the next few weeks studying benzodiazepines!

How can "I" change "me"? 🤔

Eternal question...

(Or , how can "I" change "I"...? The thing that needs to be changed is doing the changes needed... Pretty illogical...or I stupid? 🤣)
Yeah well. This probably a topic on its own. Then again maybe not i.e. there's a whole lot more to benzodiazepine use, abuse, and addiction than mere chemicals. I'd even stick my neck out and say that getting off of the things physically is the easy part (albeit that's not too encouraging I guess).

For what it's worth: why the need to change who you are at all (is the question I mean)? If you, within yourself, feel that you're wanting in some aspects of life: well then that's a good reason. But to try and change things because it doesn't suit others or is the path of least resistance or simply in order to keep the peace and maintain the status quo? Nah. Doesn't fly. And will never last. For better or for worse: a person's core will always prevail no matter how you try to dress it up or flannel it or manage to fudge it for a time. And one way or the other a person has to accept that and grow to like it (even if that's not their default position on themselves and which, fortunately, hasn't been mine). I'm not talking here about things that can be learned and, as a result, changes are made or ideologies questioned and a different outlook is the result. Dumb example and without getting too personal: I've had shit for ten years because of my antics. And said antics have been cited as the reason for many ups and downs during that period. Well now. Here I am another year down the line. Absolutely no antics whatsoever. Guess what? Same shit. I've been called a selfish, self-centered, materialistic, incompassionate fuck my entire life (and pretty sure there's a few around who'd gladly add to that list of adjectives or personality traits). Well knowing what I know now: newsflash! It's dawned on me that were it not for those traits: I'd not have had the glorious and interesting life that I've had. And needless to say I've had ample time to reflect on the lives of those who have formed, or been of, those opinions. Conclusion: I'd do it all again but without taking things down a notch from time to time because it didn't suit a-n-other person. And then some. And whether that's indeed who or what I am or not? I'm happy with that. And that's good enough for me. Not to mention a good place to be. In spite of the fact that this may not end well on the current trajectory.

Quite ironic actually if you look at this thread, and some others, in reference to my own posts (on the topic of harm reduction anyway). But then I've always been accused of having a weird or skewed sense of morality. And which I accept and take as a compliment! 🤣

Any questions? 🤣

Hey my good friend.

Advice noted Dalpat077, thank you once again, I've ordered extra Etizolam just to have on hand and feel safe if that makes sense.

Yeah well. This probably a topic on its own. Then again maybe not i.e. there's a whole lot more to benzodiazepine use, abuse, and addiction than mere chemicals. I'd even stick my neck out and say that getting off of the things physically is the easy part (albeit that's not too encouraging I guess).

For what it's worth: why the need to change who you are at all (is the question I mean)? If you, within yourself, feel that you're wanting in some aspects of life: well then that's a good reason. But to try and change things because it doesn't suit others or is the path of least resistance or simply in order to keep the peace and maintain the status quo? Nah. Doesn't fly. And will never last. For better or for worse: a person's core will always prevail no matter how you try to dress it up or flannel it or manage to fudge it for a time. And one way or the other a person has to accept that and grow to like it (even if that's not their default position on themselves and which, fortunately, hasn't been mine). I'm not talking here about things that can be learned and, as a result, changes are made or ideologies questioned and a different outlook is the result. Dumb example and without getting too personal: I've had shit for ten years because of my antics. And said antics have been cited as the reason for many ups and downs during that period. Well now. Here I am another year down the line. Absolutely no antics whatsoever. Guess what? Same shit. I've been called a selfish, self-centered, materialistic, incompassionate fuck my entire life (and pretty sure there's a few around who'd gladly add to that list of adjectives or personality traits). Well knowing what I know now: newsflash! It's dawned on me that were it not for those traits: I'd not have had the glorious and interesting life that I've had. And needless to say I've had ample time to reflect on the lives of those who have formed, or been of, those opinions. Conclusion: I'd do it all again but without taking things down a notch from time to time because it didn't suit a-n-other person. And then some. And whether that's indeed who or what I am or not? I'm happy with that. And that's good enough for me. Not to mention a good place to be. In spite of the fact that this may not end well on the current trajectory.

Quite ironic actually if you look at this thread, and some others, in reference to my own posts (on the topic of harm reduction anyway). But then I've always been accused of having a weird or skewed sense of morality. And which I accept and take as a compliment! 🤣

Any questions? 🤣
Dalpat077 you are far from selfish, self centered and incompassionate person, you take your own personal time to come on here and help people answer their questions, like you are doing for Winter666 and myself, you've helped a lot my friend, and have been selfless and compassionate.<3

It makes perfect sense. Truly. Much along the lines as I noted previously i.e. that last little bit (even if it be 0.25mg at the time) is the hardest. No question in mind.

Truth: in spite of my behaving myself and taking less than prescribed it's probably the reason why I'm sitting with bottles and bottles of this shit in the cupboard! In other words: even although I've been behaving and have had no need to keep filling repeat prescriptions (we get six months here at a time) that's not stopped me from filling those prescriptions just in case. Point is: my initial reason(s) for starting this shit again in the first place, a year or so ago, still prevail. And at the risk of tarnishing my image here ( 🤣 ): I don't have the guts to sit without them. So I get it. Only too well.

I appreciate that. Very much. Not looking to score points here. But have also learned to consider the sources from where criticism comes.

And if the truth be told: there's still one or two things about myself that I don't get or don't quite manage to box nice and neatly. Who knows. Maybe I don't ever find the answers.

Whatever the case: it truly is my pleasure though I assure you.

Yeah well. Therein lies the danger I suppose. I thought 12mg per day was a lot. But it took about 4 years to get to that level. And I wasn't even using them to get fucked. Or, seeing as I'm being so totally honest and laying myself bare, is that really the truth? In hindsight? Was my going to my doctor and saying that these things are not working for me anymore, and which resulted in another new prescription at a higher dosage, as a result of the effects no longer being there? Bearing in mind that was also a tough period for me? And in just thinking about it now (it's been a while): it just so happens that things slowly started coming right just at around the exact same time as I discovered I was dependent on these things and started tapering. Coincidence? I'll never know. Was I the same person on said 12mg per day as I was off of them or as I am today on 1mg/2mg per day? My perception is that yes I was. But I've been told that wasn't the case i.e. slight, almost imperceptible, differences apparently e.g. not being quite as sharp or having less urgency in getting things done (to name but two examples). In other words and just because I wasn't fucked out of my bracket on these things nor perceived myself to be abusing them and felt normal (obviously due to tolerance) doesn't necessarily mean that all was well even although I thought otherwise.

The above being said (and one of the reasons I don't go around berating these things and throwing the baby out with the bathwater): there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that had it not been for these things, both back then and now, I doubt very much I'd be sitting here typing this post to you. For damn sure this past year and thanks to the fallout of this pandemic: I'd have probably gone off of my head by now (if for no other reason than not sleeping) (and to be honest: given that they take a few hours to wear off there's no doubt in my mind that as sober and as normal as I feel the therapeutic effects are indeed carrying on for most of the day albeit that I'm not even aware of it).

Still. +50mg per day an upwards? I dunno. That's a lot. I mean to say: I'm inclined to think that even tolerance has its limits. Apparently not. Well. That's the question I guess. As we've seen: the OP not the only person on these doses around these parts. And maybe therein is the biggest danger of all with them i.e. the user may perceive themselves as being just fine when in reality that's not really the case. And maybe that's a good reason for all of this discussion and a reason to be really understanding of some posts that may come down the wire from time to time!

Yeah. That's a big problem actually. Both from the point of view of somebody who already has a major problem with high dosages and from the point of view of somebody that wants to or needs to get off of them. And of course the ever present danger of running out of legit pharma. and then having no choice but to resort to fake or counterfeit stuff (with the inherent dangers associated and of which we're all acutely aware of) or suddenly ending up with nothing. All the more reason for the OP to take this all seriously really.

Let's face it: given the side-effects of these things it'd not be a stretch for somebody to buy Fentanyl laced benzodiazepines and make the assumption that they're the best shit they've had. Ending up with an opioid dependence problem being mistaken for a benzodiazepine dependence problem. That's a very real possibility. Suppose the only telltale sign would be itching or a supposed allergic reaction. And I'm not sure if that'd apply to everyone so by no means a fail safe.
You would have to have to be 'un' lucky to have a dr. that prescribes the dosage's mentioned. Previously were not that abnormal. Dr's wizened up i guess.

Or to live somewhere where Benzo's are OTC

My dr. at that time, who was a quak, prescribed on my request 0.25 mg 30 tablet's, Alprazolam, every two months.

Sometimes it went wrong and I got 0,5 mg tabs. But no normal doc. would do that, only a quak.

Last edited:
Hey,hi......
Hey. Hi.

Been wondering about you.

How’s things going with you?

Just gotten into bed I’m afraid. So will only see your response in the morning.

But I hope all is well, or better, with you.

Somebody will be monitoring your thread overnight I’m sure though. So don’t be shy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.