• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Alcohol - Our Main Legal High Discussion

I enjoy alcohol, but have curbed my drinking quite alot of late.

Had a good chat to a cabbie the other day about drunks, and he said "I haven't taken an illicit drug in 30 years, but I'd much rather pick up someone on ecstasy, than someone that's pissed, because they won't kick my windows out..... again"

^ I've been told the same, more or less. Only it was that he wouldn't have to risk someone vomiting in his taxi. And then one night when I was particularly chatty with the driver, he actually asked me if he had any more I'd be willing to sell :\

Gotta love them taxi rides!

Alcohol and I have an interesting relationship. The longer I stay away, the less I want it... but when I get back into it, and it sinks its teeth in, its usually a case of blood in the alcohol system, rather than the other way round, whenever I have the chance possible.

Do I enjoy it? Yeha. I do. Alcohol and benzos are my thing. I like to be relaxed, not amped, as I spend alot of my life amped sans drugs anyway.

Why do I drink? To get drunk. I can count on one hand the number of times I've had a 'quiet drink or two' and not ended up either tanked or trying to get tanked by night's end. Given the opportunity, I will sit down at a bar or pub, and assuming the company and ambience is right, drink until one of two things happens; I run out of money (and credit card), or they run out of what I'm drinking (and it has happened once. Myself and another guy drained them of all bottles of Sambucca, then the Amaretto). I can happily work my way through a slab over the course of a day in warm weather with good friends and good discussion.

Despite this, I must hold my piss reasonably well, as I have never, ever been refused service, asked to leave, or thrown out of a venue. A week or two before my 18th birthday, I went out to an 18th at a bar. $2 or $3 drinks, all night. I had $100 on me, anticipating this being a big night. It started at 5 with something to eat, then we proceeded to the bar. By nights end at 1am, having bought noone else a thing, I had managed to spend the entirety of that $100 on beer. No water or other softdrinks consumed. I managed to convince a taxi driver to take me home where I had money waiting for just such a situation. You do the maths. I spent the next day in bed, and felt fucked up for a week. My liver was so inflamed on my 18th, I managed a single glass of champagne.

I should qualify that by saying that there was one particular day when I'd finished work at 11am, went home, chilled out and got changed, then went to my bar of preference (I was one of a handful of true regulars who knew, and drank with, the staff outside business hours) for lunch, and proceeded to drink with the chef and his mates and anyone else. Sometime around nine ish, I apparently vommitted, which was cleaned up by the night shift barman at the direction of the chef, and rather than being ejected or refused service, I was simply switched from being served Pints to Pots (RSA anyone?)

Last edited:
I feel sad reading this thread. It reminds me of lost days and terrible harm I have done to my body on alcohol, drinking at 14 regularly before school. Drinking to get drunk, and perhaps drinking to die.

these days I have stopped getting drunk. The last time I got drunk was Christmas 2006, and I nearly vomited on the night rider home. A lesson learnt never get stuck in Sydney in the silly season. you'll seek refugee in a pub and do the only thing one can do to escape the brutal insanity of the crowds.

These days i have a few beers about once a fortnight or so. Might have a glass of wine or two. Thats about it. I can't image anyone with filial responsibilities could afford to get drunk

Alcohol is fun because you often end up doing stupid shit which is fun to laugh about afterwards, though this works both ways(the number of times I have woken up thinking why the fk did i say/do these things).

I find like other people have said alcohol gets very boring in itself, though a couple of drinks to relax is good or as a social lubricant.

I think if my friends didn't drink I would drink a whole lot less, but being sober when everyone else is drunk is pretty shit.. It fucks up my self control and judgement... other drugs.. driving etc..

Though yeah I do still think it has a place, it just gets overdone alot probably because all the more interesting drugs are illegal

^ I've been told the same, more or less. Only it was that he wouldn't have to risk someone vomiting in his taxi. And then one night when I was particularly chatty with the driver, he actually asked me if he had any more I'd be willing to sell :\

Gotta love them taxi rides!

Haha, yeah. A few years ago, myself and two mates were riding in the back of a taxi all fucked up on ecstasy. When we got to our destination we gave the taxi driver a rediculous tip much to his joy.

I am consuming alcohol this evening for the first time in forever minus the gear

Apart from my typing skills being shot to shit, I have to say it is quite a pleasant experience, taking my mind off being deathly ill with what can only be compared to bird flu & making me feel warm & floaty.

And incredibly horny. grr. Can't win 'em all, though, can ya??? :p

I wanted to be on opiates this evening but I got lazy and didn't CWE and I will be up buzzing later than I want to be if I wait until I can do it. Guess I am stuck with whisky tonight and save the opies for tommorrow or the next night.

^ It is when it has been your nightly staple for months. lol It gets kinda boring.

Eye suppose. But scotch is the creme of the crop as far as accessible staples are concerned!

^ I will agree with you as far as alcohol is concerned. I would much rather be smoking choof or taking quite a plethora of other drugs over alcohol though.

Beggars can't be choosers I suppose.