Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Alcohol - Our Main Legal High Discussion

definately not my doc but alcohol has its place in my life

keeps me gettn addicted/tolerant to the substances that i do like more

to some extent anyway

^ Tobacco isn't really intoxicating though so I don't think you can call it a legal high. If you are just referring to the most commonly used legal drug then wouldn't it be caffeine and not tobacco.

I think whatever anti-alcohol sentiments that do arise are a result of alcohol, as contrasted to most other substances, not requiring one to break the law in order to get high (assuming one is of the legal age). It loses its "reward" value because the risk of negotiating with dealers, the law and the whole illicit culture is absent. Therefore, it's viewed as the high for those not courageous and/or socially adept enough to obtain the others.

To me, this is kind of immature and just a knee-jerk reaction to people wanting to feel better about having problems and/or complications with illegal drug use and accessability, but it's the observation I've made. And it's not just restricted to BL. I mean I could hand a friend an amount of alcohol or the monetary equivalent of an illegal drug, and the friend will be more happy about receiving the latter as I've eliminated the risks. Even if the person enjoys getting drunk as much as high from the considered substance.

You bring up an intersting issue. People will take illegal drugs if they don't need to hunt it down, or deal with dealers, it is a strange aspect and one you have summarized nicely.

Alcohol is definately overpriced in Australia, though. I've never been to any other country where one seriously needs to put away $100+ (or equivalent) just for a night out drinking. I've lived in the States for 5 months now, and the fact that I can buy a 6-pack of Smirnoff Black from 7-11 for the same price as a bottle of it from an OZ nightclub...no wonder illicit drugs are so much more prevalent in the party scene down under!

You've hit the hammer on the head there, why drink when one can have a 'better' high for less price.

------
I think alcohol would top the substance people use to get high in aussie... caffein to get high, caffein for energy not for mind altering high. But the difference is grey I admit.

Last edited:
I was gonna start a new thread but I thought I may as well put this one to some more use. I was in the bottle-o the other day (I'm from Victoria), and they had signs up saying something along the lines of "Attention all customers - The Australian Government will be increasing the tax on all beer and spirits on August 1st 2009. Stock up now to avoid paying extra"... Or something like that.

Now I've looked through google on a couple different occasions over the weekend and can't find any information on this. Does anybody know how much more they are going to steal from us?

Yeah, love a couple beers every now and then, fucking rad stuff! Goes great with some cones beauty if ya takin a trip.

Why do you guys talk like saying "I use alcohol" and all this kinda stuff, you just sound ridiculous. Get real, why do you lot act as if you're above "taking alcohol"?

Can only really drink mass amounts of alcohol when I'm on the gear to be truthful

Otherwise it will sink me rather rapidly into a crater-sized hole in the ground

I could drink white wine forever though. lol. mmmm nothing like a good Sav

above drinking alcohol no. Prefer other things, yes.

I was gonna start a new thread but I thought I may as well put this one to some more use. I was in the bottle-o the other day (I'm from Victoria), and they had signs up saying something along the lines of "Attention all customers - The Australian Government will be increasing the tax on all beer and spirits on August 1st 2009. Stock up now to avoid paying extra"... Or something like that.

Now I've looked through google on a couple different occasions over the weekend and can't find any information on this. Does anybody know how much more they are going to steal from us?

It's just the CPI increase. Most big name bottle shop chains put up these signs every 6 months or year, whenever it goes up, it's pretty much bullshit to get you to buy up. Most stuff will only go up slightly, if at all. In fact RTD's should be coming down soon as the alcopop tax is removed.

Can only really drink mass amounts of alcohol when I'm on the gear to be truthful

Otherwise it will sink me rather rapidly into a crater-sized hole in the ground

I could drink white wine forever though. lol. mmmm nothing like a good Sav

I'm the same. At the moment with very little alcohol tolerance I could drink like 10 standard drinks in a night and I'd be a wreck. If I was on gear could probably drink 20 and still be the same gearing self.

aint it the truth...

god bless the gear for its amazing counter-drinking qualities!!

;)

it does make for an expensive night if your in a club thought :(

^ Especially if you don't like beer! We Aussie's pay way to much for drugs and alcohol.

MAKE POVERTY HISTORY, CHEAPER DRUGS NOW!!

^ Fucking oath it is, the last season was a bit disappointing but still pretty good. It was better in the earlier seasons though.

Fuck goon, hate the shit. You can't buy it when you are out anyway. I personally spend 25-30 bucks per bottle of whisky from Dan Murphies. McAllister has consistently been 26 bucks so I have been buying that stuff a lot lately, not the best but does the job.

I wish I had a job so I could go back to drinking Jack Daniels and McKenna.

Does alcohol stimulate* similar receptors in the brain (probably not worded very scientifically but im a sparky not a doctor!) as gear?

Reason I ask is that they both have a certain similar effect the morning after pills in that they fill me with a nice warm unscattered glow that makes my head feel normal again...

Last edited:
it does make for an expensive night if your in a club thought :(

Yes, true.

I suppose I am lucky in that the places I do go, I rarely have to pay for grog. woo. Am a fan of taking my own concealed liquor stash (terribly naughty of me, I know) when I'm going to places where the staff don't know me - ah the joys of having a multi-compartmental handbag ;)

Yeah the joy's of the hipflask are becoming more and more previlent in my nights out on the piss.

I don't like that bottle-os are closed on major holidays. This whole planning ahead theory......just translates to getting extra hammered a few days before 8)

lol, get some more selfcontrol redleader..... i like that they're closed, but i guess i'm just a purist... the only days of the year you can buy illegal drugs but not alcohol... lol

i drink rarely so i'll just buy a bottle of something and it will last the festive season :)

I'm the same. Alcohol isn't really my thing, i only really drink it if i'm at a club or if there's nothing else. And i'm usually on pills or whatever at the same time :p