Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous The Big & Dandy Microdosing Psychedelics Thread

Casual.dream

Bluelighter
Micro dosing and growing Psolocybin, looking for advice

Welcome to the centralized Psychedelic Microdosing Thread

Hi all,

I have posted in various parts of the forum as I am looking for possible options to help with my Anxiety / PTSD after trying all other more traditional methods. Micro dosing Psilocybin is one of the options I have been considering after doing some reading. I am still extremely inexperienced when it comes to this stuff so wouldn't really know where to start but im willing to try just about anything at this point.

First off is there a certain type of mushroom that would be best to micro dose? Does anyone here micro dose or have any advice? I am specifically looking for something that will help me with mental clarity and also possibly help me open up mentally and emotionally. I am also willing to at some point try larger doses but like the idea of seeing what micro dosing can do for me first rather than a one off experience that could be good or bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me using psychadelics has worked wonderful in treating my chronic depressions and many other problems Ive had within my mind. I have no experience with micro-dosing, but if you wanted the chemical effects of psilocybin to try and combat anxiety or PTSD without the full blow trip experience than I'd take a small amount of mushrooms. I'd say anywhere from .1g-1g of dried psilocybin mushrooms. In my personal experience I have found that psychadelics are truly beautiful if used right, and have benefited from the trip experience. It's sort of like a visual manifestation of mental transformation, or at least that's how I see it and can explane it. If micro-dosing doesn't work after a few doses spread out within the span of a couple weeks, I'd try the tradition methods of taking psychadelics for mental clarity. The only thing is that it could trigger a PTSD panic attack so take it very slow and learn how your body reacts to this substance. Shrooms is more of a drug that makes me very confused in my head but after the drug wears off it leaves me in a place where I can think straight, possibly look into other psychadelics to see which substance would be best for what your trying to achive. I'd suggest mushrooms, LSA, (morning glory heavenly blue seeds or Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds) and oh course LSD. After my fist LSD experience I was left feeling clensed body and mind! It may just work for you. Do further research of corse and good luck to you!

The best way to go about growing is to buy a grow kit and look up a good tutorial video on YouTube. Look into different types of mushrooms to see what you would benefit from. I cannot tell you where to buy them Specifically but id search online.

Thanks guys, I think I will need to do some more reading before doing this. Not sure where to start!

Thanks guys, I think I will need to do some more reading before doing this. Not sure where to start!
Hi there. I have experience with both growing and microdosing. Growing with a grow kit can be very successful if you take the instructions seriously, and can attend meticulously to your mushrooms. I had enormous success doing this, and would do even better after what I learned. Now as far as microdosing goes, here's what you should do. Once you get your dried mushrooms, grind them up and encapsulate them. Capsules come in many different sizes. 0's are huge and in my experience hold 1 1/2 average sized mushrooms. 00's are a little smaller and probably hold one ground up average sized mushroom, and 000 are smaller still and probably hold 1/2 a ground up mushroom. Mushrooms are mostly air so when you grind them up their volume is really reduced. Now, I think an 000 is very effective in pre psychedelic affect. There is a warming and an opening, and you will "think different." But my opinion is that it way above a threshold dose for benefit. The thing to do is to experiment with what is the smallest dose that you experience the neurological and psychological benefits. Both because you want to be able to function and you want to use your psilocybin judiciously. For me half an 000 is a dose that I am going to feel and benefit from. If I take one 0, or two 00's, I will begin to experience the borderlands of psychedelic experiences. My visual field will alter a bit, I will feel a little jittery and My parasympathetic nervous system gets activated. So, for me, I've found that less is more. Just the other day, I shared one of my smaller dose capsules with a date at a florence and the machine concert and it really tapped into the music a certain way, and also allowed me and her to want to dance ecstatically for two hours while those around us stood and watched. She called me an "alchemist." I also have found that psilocybin at low doses is good for creativity. By all means, pursue this. Trust your intuition about it and also read all the information about the psychological benefits of psilocybin. Start going to Maps website or sign up with them on Facebook. They are publishing new articles all the time, and by all means PM me. I don't really have time to give all the details here, but if I can be of help to you, I will. Good luck. This is a worthy pursuit, I promise you..Psylocybin at high doses is in my opinion equal and in many ways superior to Ayahuasca, but at low doses it can be enormously beneficial.

Hi there. I have experience with both growing and microdosing. Growing with a grow kit can be very successful if you take the instructions seriously, and can attend meticulously to your mushrooms. I had enormous success doing this, and would do even better after what I learned. Now as far as microdosing goes, here's what you should do. Once you get your dried mushrooms, grind them up and encapsulate them. Capsules come in many different sizes. 0's are huge and in my experience hold 1 1/2 average sized mushrooms. 00's are a little smaller and probably hold one ground up average sized mushroom, and 000 are smaller still and probably hold 1/2 a ground up mushroom. Mushrooms are mostly air so when you grind them up their volume is really reduced. Now, I think an 000 is very effective in pre psychedelic affect. There is a warming and an opening, and you will "think different." But my opinion is that it way above a threshold dose for benefit. The thing to do is to experiment with what is the smallest dose that you experience the neurological and psychological benefits. Both because you want to be able to function and you want to use your psilocybin judiciously. For me half an 000 is a dose that I am going to feel and benefit from. If I take one 0, or two 00's, I will begin to experience the borderlands of psychedelic experiences. My visual field will alter a bit, I will feel a little jittery and My parasympathetic nervous system gets activated. So, for me, I've found that less is more. Just the other day, I shared one of my smaller dose capsules with a date at a florence and the machine concert and it really tapped into the music a certain way, and also allowed me and her to want to dance ecstatically for two hours while those around us stood and watched. She called me an "alchemist." I also have found that psilocybin at low doses is good for creativity. By all means, pursue this. Trust your intuition about it and also read all the information about the psychological benefits of psilocybin. Start going to Maps website or sign up with them on Facebook. They are publishing new articles all the time, and by all means PM me. I don't really have time to give all the details here, but if I can be of help to you, I will. Good luck. This is a worthy pursuit, I promise you..Psylocybin at high doses is in my opinion equal and in many ways superior to Ayahuasca, but at low doses it can be enormously beneficial.

Thanks for your response that is really informative. I will definitely take your advice on board.

Questions regarding mushroom tea and microdosing

Recently I've decided to start microdosing mushrooms in order to improve my mood and overall focus. I made a concoction from an eighth of some gold caps and have an entire mason jar (one of the small ones, roughly mug size) of it. I have a few questions that I haven't seen answered in the other current threads regarding mushrooms.

First off, what's the best way to store this and protect potency? I currently have it stashed in a lunch bag with an ice pack in it, left it overnight and it hasn't turned blue yet. I don't live alone so storing it in a fridge or freezer is a no go. Will this be a good alternative? Also, after how long does it become unsafe to drink?

Secondly, for this of you who microdose, what's your schedule/dosage? I took a small sip of the tea to see what it would do and the effects were consistent with what others have said about microdosing.

Lastly, I indulge in other drugs semi regularly. I am an avid pot smoker and enjoy the occasional stimulant, I currently have access to Ritalin/Concerta and take it when I need to work or something. How will these drugs affect the microdose, if at all? I noticed that when I smoked it made the alertness and clarity of the mushroom dose very dull, but I was on a higher dose of mushrooms. If need be I can do away with the weed and stims on days that I dose.

Please share experiences and thanks in advance.

You can microdose everyday. You just have to get the dose low enough so that it is a threshold dose and you are getting the effect you want. Too much and you will be tripping. I myself, feel like it's better to grind up your shrooms and encapsulate them and you'll get a more consistent dose.

That was my first idea, but sadly I couldn't find any capsules in my local drugstore at the time. Definitely wanna do that though.

^ If you grind your mushrooms and store them that way, they'll be more prone to degradation; if you grind them I think it's better to store them in chocolate or honey to protect them from oxidation. Mushroom-honey is a good way to microdose, you could make it so that one teaspoon is a dose for instance, and just eat that or put it in your tea.

That was my first idea, but sadly I couldn't find any capsules in my local drugstore at the time. Definitely wanna do that though.

you probably have some herbal supplements or vitamins lying around inside of capsules. just empty a couple out so you don't have to spend money on a big volume of capsules you may never use again.

If you microdose you should journal about your health and the effects. I can't give an exact dose you should consume. Start low <.25g of dried Psilocybe Cubensis, review your journal, and adjust the dose accordingly. After you have completed your regimen, slowly taper your dose down over several weeks.

Last edited:
you probably have some herbal supplements or vitamins lying around inside of capsules. just empty a couple out so you don't have to spend money on a big volume of capsules you may never use again.

You just reminded me that I have a ton of those from the valerian root I bought, wow thanks haha.

And Steamboat thanks for your advice, I'll start a journal. I definitely still need to get the dose worked out because last night I spilled some of my concoction on my hand, and an hour later I was seeing rainbow patterns coming out of my alarm clock and many other strange trip elements. I don't know how that's even possible, I must have a sensitivity. I read about low dose trips and that was definitely one of them. I imagine I could just dip my finger in it and be good lol.

Update: After 48 hours the tea is still entirely potent. I officially started my microdose schedule today, like I said earlier I just dipped my finger in and rubbed it around my mouth.

I don't know if it's the most convincing placebo ever, or it's working entirely as it should. I noticed a subtle increase in concentration and energy. I haven't even drank my morning coffee yet and I've already cleaned my room and gotten ready for work with time to spare. I noticed that I can't stop looking at myself in the mirror for some reason. Overrall, I'm in a great mood!

Microdose Schedule

I just ate ~ 0.16 grams of mushrooms. I've been interested in microdosing for a while, and I didn't go to work today, so I figured why not start now. At least try it out, I suppose. If I continue to microdose I will update this thread with any and all results. I've spent enough time researching it and figured why not just see for myself.

Has anyone tried this? I'd like to hear your experiences as well. I will keep you updated.

Mods, I apologize if there has already been a thread like this, if there has I couldn't find one with the search bar.

there are some threads dedicated to low doses (of LSD, for example), but I don't believe there is a general thread for this topic. but it seems to become more popular, and seems promising. actually I too have plans on doing it, but haven't got around it yet. I hope you will update regularly! :)

I thought it was time to make a dedicated thread for microdosing, whether it be with LSD, shrooms or other psychedelics.

Microdosing, not to be confused with low dosing, is the practice of dosing at sub-perceptual level (usually in the 10-15µg range for LSD) to improve energy, mood, focus, empathy, etc. without entering into an altered state.

No scientific studies have been done on the subject and there is only anecdotal evidence of its usefulness so far.

From what I've read the consensus is that you should dose on Day 1, some of the effects may still be felt on Day 2, then Day 3 is a rest day and you can begin anew on Day 4.

Please share your experiences and ask questions in this thread.

Here's a recent interesting post about microdosing with the novel lysergamides:

I have microdosed all 1P-LSD, AL-LAD, and ETH-LAD in recent months. Dosages for all compounds are generally from 5-10ug generally once in the morning, but have tried re-dosing later in the day. I dose volumetrically as I purchased powder in all cases. In my experience, food grade ethanol (96%; its polish spirits) works quite well as a solvent for all 3 of these compounds with vigorous shaking at concentrations of 2mg/500uL and below. 1P-LSD is the most stubborn and can require some heat (37C) briefly to encourage it into solution. It is also noteworthy that storage and stability of these compounds in solution seems decent. I have solutions of all 3 at 1ug/0.1mL so a 1mL syringe can easily be used to dose into a beverage (generally a small glass of water) which have been stored in the fridge for about 1 month with no noticeable degradation based on consistency of effects over time.

To be brief for lack of time, I find ETH-LAD to be the most useful out of the 3. I started with 1P-LSD and have found that it induces much more stimulation and more distracting effects than either AL-LAD or ETH-LAD. I prefer ETH-LAD because even the effects of the microdoses seem to last longer than AL-LAD, but are comparable to 1P-LSD.

I have played around with dosing frequency. I started every mwf, so 3x per week spaced at least a day. No decrease of effects of tolerance after about a month of this regimen. I have also tried 3-4 days in a row with 1-2 days break for a few weeks. Effects slightly diminish by the 3rd or 4th day, but not significantly in my experience. A little extra tired the day after a short binge, but nothing a little coffee or noopept can't remedy.

I will have to compose a much longer and in depth post regarding my experiences in the near future. Happy to provide more info.