• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Your Job and Your Drugs

weekend addiction

Bluelighter
I made this thread because I was curious what BLer's do for a living and how their drug use effects their job.

I'm a line cook. I don't think my drug use effects my work now but it used to. I used to keep benzos, opiates, and or adderall on me and redose during bathroom breaks. I couldn't do my job well when I got to deep into them. So I had to cut back in order to be successful. I'm always stoned. I take heavy doses of kratom some times before the shift. My job is strenuous and mundane. I think that my drug use helps me as much as it hurts me. I need something to deal with the stress, pain, and exhaustion that comes with working in any kitchen. What do you guys do for a living and how does your drug use impact your job?

Last edited:
My job does a hair follicle drug test going back up to 6mos so I drink a lot for the time being @__@

I'm work with extrusion at a plant. I wouldn't want to take anything before work except maybe a low dose of benzos to help pass the time. I've stopped getting high at work; it doesn't lead anywhere good.

When I worked in restaurants I didn't usually come in high til I moved to the kitchen. Then it didn't matter if I looked just like all the Azns I worked with =D.

Last edited:
Still in school but I work in a factory occasionally. I keep drug use (apart from tobacco) outside of work as some of the tools we use are dangerous. During school I sometimes would use cannabis during free periods but so far it hasn't affected my work.

Back when I had a job, I would use just about everyday. I couldn't work if I didn't have any dope running through my system.
It helped ALOT. Normally, I wouldn't be able to put up with the bullshit & continuous hard labor, but shoot me up with some dope & shit gets done.
I don't have a job anymore (Has nothing to do with my drug intake) now I'm trying to get a job.
Applied for burger king. (Yeah, yeah. Epic fail, I know)
If I get the job, I reckon I won't have to do any drugs to get by.
As easy as BK is, I'd probably be alright & do better without 'em.

I don't use at work. I work with emotionally disturbed and violent kids, though, so when work is done, I'm looking to SERIOUSLY chill and forget the horrors of the day. Alcohol is usually out on the week nights. My job+hangover=pure hell. I had a nasty pill habit for a while, but these days I'm sticking to herb and the occasional benzo. Helps me relax and not want to kill the negligent/abusive parents that continue to produce children that they have no idea how to take care of. Job security, I guess...

ExIT worker here. The most part i enjoyed some weed before work. Really made the day go by fast. Especially when i spent a good hour leaving to get food:) then when i would get back all the problems would,just like fix themselves, so i had a lot of free time:) nah just kiding but serious,about the daily use of weed. I was the only one who could handle the execs so often got to work on things for them. Also was so easy going i enjoyed dealing with the tough customers/problems gave me lots of gratification to solve some super shit nobody else felt like dealing with. Didnt hurt to keep really detailed lists or notes though.

I've worked a lot of different jobs in the past. This summer I'm working at a park, which pretty much means walking trails or collecting money for parking. Very simple stuff. I don't get high before or during work though since that gets too expensive. I used to be baked constantly at my old job which was a 3rd shift position at a hotel.

After the summer is over I'll be looking for more serious employment in the realm of healthcare, a "grown-up job" if you will. Something that can utilize my education, yknow.

I work in a joinery cabinet making factory but I'm an office bitch payroll officer for about 17 Blokes, accounts clerk stuff funds transfers that sorta thing deal w customers mostly good a few builders with big egos though. I used to have bad problems with xanax & as I'm on methadone 72.5mg you take cpl bars just w yr dose = fucked up, now I occasionaly take dexamphets before wrk like today sry 4 long post

I work as a delivery driver and I must say, it is awesome. I just drive around and smoke weed all day, but I wait til I get home to do anything else. I used to work at a hospital as a nurse tech and it was so much more work, long hours, and a lot of physical labor. When I worked at the hospital I was going to the bathroom to shoot dope every few hours and it really affected my performance. I became very lazy and would sit at the nurses station and pretend to be charting when I should've been looking in on my patients. But I still answered all the call lights, and did whatever the patients asked of me. I am so much happier as a delivery driver (and off dope!) not to mention I make a lot more money!

deidara you dont have to answer this if you dont want to BUT how in the hell do you make more as a delivery driver than you did as a nurse tech? that's like 10/hr vs 15-20/hr where I live.

Great thread! I can't participate though... can't work till I get my back fixed.

I work in payroll. It's an office job, Monday-Friday 9-5 type thing (well I work later than 5 most nights lol but you get what I mean). Drugs are for weekends. Caffeine is the only thing I'll do during the week, and that's only Monday mornings when I'm hungover. Work and drugs are far FAR apart. It sometimes feels like I live two different lives. I like them both. But I couldn't stand the whole office type stuff 24/7 and I certainly couldn't stand the whole drug thing more often than just the weekend so it really works for me!
Note: I don't mind smoking weed during the week. Not AT work but that and caffeine are the only things that are "allowed" during the week for me.

I currently work from home, so can pretty much use whatever drugs I want during work so long as I don't get too fucked I can't type. Honestly rarely use drugs while working anymore, prefer to just wait until I knock off to catch a buzz. Getting drunk and stoned before and during work used to be a pretty common occurence for me though.

Not proud of this at all. Right before (or during) hitting rock bottom I used to work at mcdonalds. I would get soo fucked up during my shift but they wouldn't say anything cuz I still tried hard. But they got mad the one time I had a couple beers before my shift and "smelled like alcohol" wtf?

I make coffee...I used to come to work stoned every day, now its more speed than weed. if on the rare chance I have benzos I prefer those. lately I just try to stay somewhat conscious.

I'm not working right now (kill me life is so boring and being broke is gayyyyyyy)

but when I had my last good job (10 months, heh) as a mechanic at tire discounters I was actually sober for the first few months I worked it. Then I started doing benzos at work (haha so much fun) and would realize that the labor was so intensive i would "sweat out" the high, I swear.....anyway I relapsed last august and ended up doing lines of oxy in the bathroom, and all that jazzy stuff.

I've worked a lot of labor jobs being baked off my ass. Actually this one roofing crew I used to work for, one of the prerequisites of employment was smoking weed/rolling blunts or joints...rofl those were fun days, tearing off a roof ripped as hell. Anymore though I don't like to mix weed and work......weed is best After work, imo......oh god and staying up all night high and having to go to work SOBER is just misery.

i work with kids and it'd feel wrong to be on drugs during that time.
even though i really feel like i could use an upper everytime the alarm rings at 6:30 :eek: