Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

5-MAPB and MDMA Combo

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
I feel the need to write about these two. Over the years I feel I’ve been perfecting this combo, and have seen it do wonders time and again.

The thing about this combo is that it seems to so reliably induce therapeutic experiences. MDMA is amazing but I feel it’s more hit or miss when it comes to emotional/spiritual growth.

Now my story with 5-MAPB starts in 2014 I believe.. I was never much on RC’s, only trying a few that were seemed to be greatly enjoyed by others. At this point I think I had only tried Bk-MDMA, 2c-e, and 25c-nbome.

I had always been curious about the APB class but because of the problems with sourcing the correct product never sought the non-methylated versions out.

That was until I read the initial reports about 5-mapb on erowid. I was hooked immediately, never had I read reports so consistently remarking just how similar (if not better) it was to mdma.

I looked and happened to find a few vendors and decided to go for it. Looking back I got lucky as hell because finding pure 5-mapb is not easy I know now.

To make a long story short, my first experience with it was everything I read on erowid and then some. I began diving majorly into researching this beautiful drug, I realized different batches existed. I bought from another vendor and got a batch that even at x5 the dose couldn’t reach even 10% of the first batch.

Time went on and I had experiences with it that blew my mind. I watched one guy begin seriously practicing a certain spiritual healing practice days after his first experience. I watched couples fall back in love after being on the ropes. I myself had facilitated a beautiful goodbye from a long term partner using it. The amount of good it brought to peoples lives was breath taking.

I began experimenting with combining MDMA and soon realized I was on to something big. My first time trying the combo I went light, 20mg 5-MAPB (a good dose when pure) and 60mg MDMA booster. That night was absolutely amazing and the next weeks were glowing. Right as it hit I remember the sun glowing through the trees and feeling such a gratitude for life in those moments, my festival neighbors got a bit weirded out as I was just loving life haha.

So to finally get to the combo... 5-MAPB seems to bring in more of serotonin/oxytocin side of things. While not really too stimulating, it can be a bit but if your really tired don’t expect to be jumping around. It’s very long lasting, Typically taking 2 hours to really get going and lasting for 8-10hours.

The MDMA brings the intensity, the peak and dopamine/stimulant aspect. Obviously lasting 4-6 hours.

I’ve found amazing success by taking 20-60mg 5-mapb, waiting 1 hour then taking 90-120mg MDMA, waiting another 60-90min then another 40-60mg MDMA.

The two seem to cover each other’s weak points beautifully.. The whole experience lasts 1.5-2x longer. But the reliability of the experience is just awesome.. Takes the love one feels on MDMA to another level.

Not too many people have access to 5-mapb these days and I only have like a gram left so I try my best to share with those that seem to need it. I’ve yet to have a single person ever say anything bad about the drug (unless it was the impure batch, which I purified, yet to try it out though.)

Recently I gave a couple I’m close to 30mg 5-mapb, 120mg mdma, and 60mg mdma. The girl was able to finally speak about rape trauma she had been hiding deep inside for years, and the guy too really opened up about his past abuse too.

It was such a beautiful moment and a reminder just how powerful this medicine is. For me personally it allows me to really hold space for people as well when they are reliving something traumatic or in some way growing as a person.

Also the combo at the dosages outlined give an afterglow like you’ve never felt before. I believe it is this that helps solidify the lessons learned during the experience. It’s hard to love life again when you get plunged into depression afterwards.

For anyone reading this, if you can ever get your hands on PURE 5-MAPB (purity is huge) I suggest doing anything you can to get it. If any chemists are reading this, get cooking ;) we could use more of this stuff in the world.

I’ll finish with a warning.. 5-MAPB is very unforgiving stuff. It can be life changingly beautiful, but you can’t take too much or else risk frying yourself. I think this is partly why it got a bad rep, if pure never take over 100-120mg IN A NIGHT. It’s very powerful shit.

-GC

Arent both the substances serotonin releasing? Wouldnt that be an extra danger? Thanks for your post though, interesting chemical. Might try some some day.

I had a couple of grams of 5 MAPB a few years ago, it came as a tan powder, which turned to beautiful crystals after an acetone wash removed the impurities.
It is as you describe it, and will bring magic feel of good MDMA...
For me it was a good combo with 2FA to provide a boost in stimulation and IMHO, this combo beats MDMA overall, but seems to lack the visual/dreamy comedown of MDMA.
Combining MDMA and 5MAPB in reasonable dosages is not more dangerous than taking a bigger dose than either, as they act exactly in the same way.
So it wouldn't be like taking Meth and Yohimbine where you'd get an heart attack due to the adrenaline boost coming from 2 different mechanisms.

5MAPB basically dissolved the bullshit walls my ego had thrown up. The old ego put them back up but I am confident if you fed me some right now they would come crashing down within the hour.

I had a couple of grams of 5 MAPB a few years ago, it came as a tan powder, which turned to beautiful crystals after an acetone wash removed the impurities.
It is as you describe it, and will bring magic feel of good MDMA...
For me it was a good combo with 2FA to provide a boost in stimulation and IMHO, this combo beats MDMA overall, but seems to lack the visual/dreamy comedown of MDMA.
Combining MDMA and 5MAPB in reasonable dosages is not more dangerous than taking a bigger dose than either, as they act exactly in the same way.
So it wouldn't be like taking Meth and Yohimbine where you'd get an heart attack due to the adrenaline boost coming from 2 different mechanisms.

Yes I’d agree that this combo doesn’t feel any more dangerous than combining MDMA with another empathogen like MDA or MDE. In fact it almost feels less dangerous or at least less toxic than just taking more MDMA.

Interesting though Phobos you speak of cleaning yours up..

So my second batch came as this horribly impure smelly AF brown powder that smelled of vanilla/cherry/safrole (I think it was helional maybe?). The powder even had chunks of rubber hosing in it, I can only imagine what kind of hellish Chinese “lab” this shit came out of. In contrast the first “good” batch was a shiny white.

I experimented with the impure batch but felt it was kinda crappy even at higher doses. (It was this that made me realize the vast variations between batches.)

Long story short I did an A/B on the impure stuff and I’m very curious to see if it brought the effects anywhere near the other “good batch.” I haven’t tried yet..

How was that stuff before you did the acetone wash and after? Did you lose much weight? My impure shit was over 50% weight of precursor oils alone lol.

A few more comments on the combo. 5-MAPB is also great for anyone who came down earlier than they would have liked on MDMA. We all know you can’t redose on MDMA once your down but peebs (5-mapb) can bring you back up. Just again the dosages need to be right.

I think most of the bad commentary of this drug came from those who took too large of doses or redosed a bunch.

And I’ll give a brief trip report from a long time ago.. It’s not of the combo but still..

Me and my girl were having a rough go of things and had decided to call it quits. We decided we wanted one last nice moment together and I suggested the peebs.

We took 80mg, 40+40 about 45mins later. As usual the first hour wasn’t felt much but mild awkwardness. Once it finally came on we just felt so free and alive. Unlike MDMA it’s a smooth transition.

We danced in her living room and talked about deep relationship issues and what caused our downfall. We cuddled and basically said goodbye to each other. It was truly beautiful.

The whole experience lasted about 8-9 hours. And while I wasn’t exactly glowing on the comedown there was a sense of peace.

Really hope this stuff becomes available again one day...

-GC

It just became available again in the Netherlands... you just need to know where to look. I can't reveal any sources but it is a very popular NL Vendor that stocks it and it's great quality.

Huh. Nice to hear some good coming from this stuff and not just horror stories

Ive used 5 mapb quite a few nights. First time 107 mgs--way too much, had serotonin syndrome for a week, throw 600 grams of it out. My girlfriend at the time did 65 mgs and was fine

experimented starting small 50 mgs -fine, 60 -fone, 75 fine. Ive yet to go over 75 mgs and remember 5-mapb may be two times the strength of Mdma so 75 mgs would equal 150 mgs. &5 mgs is a bit much for myself . 50 mgs is plenty serotonin release for myself

The borax combo works just as good if not better than mdma.

Ive done thirty ecstasy pills that were mixed with mdma, mda, heroin and can tell you felt great. That said id rather just selective to what I put into my body. and thats where the metal discipline comes in.

I would think 20-50 mgs of 5=map and 120 mgs mdma would be overkill. Ive done between 250- and 400 mgs mdma before and while I was in and out of consciousness eyes rolling , serotonin, Oxycontin, pe, and dopamine all on different levels ,it was something I never experienced and dont think itd like to go to that point again, the comedown sucked. I'd rather err on the side of caution.

Last edited:
Ive used 5 mapb quite a few nights. First time 107 mgs--way too much, had serotonin syndrome for a week, throw 600 grams of it out. My girlfriend at the time did 65 lbs and was fine

experimented starting small 50 mgs -fine, 60 -fone, 75 fine. Ive yet to go over 75 mgs and remember 5-mapb may be two times the strength of Mdma so 75 mgs would equal 150 mgs. &5 mgs is a bit much for myself . 50 mgs is plenty serotonin release for myself

The borax combo works just as good if not better than mdma.

Ive done thirty ecstasy pills that were mixed with mdma, mda, heroin and can tell you felt great. That said id rather just selective to what I put into my body. and thats where the metal discipline comes in.

I would think 20-50 mgs of 5=map and 120 mgs mdma would be overkill. Ive done between 250- and 400 mgs mdma before and while I was in and out of consciousness eyes rolling , serotonin, Oxycontin, pe, and dopamine all on different levels ,it was something I never experienced and dont think itd like to go to that point again, the comedown sucked. I'd rather err on the side of caution.
Serotonin Syndrome is fatal if untreated, and does not last a week, you die much faster than that.
What were your symptoms?

Serotonin Syndrome is fatal if untreated, and does not last a week, you die much faster than that.
What were your symptoms?

dizziness, getting really emotional feeling like crying coming on, passed out from extremely low blood sugar. Went to my Doctor about it and told him and right after that it went away.

dizziness, getting really emotional feeling like crying coming on, passed out from extremely low blood sugar. Went to my Doctor about it and told him and right after that it went away.
That is not serotonin syndrome, you didn't cook any brain cells luckily.
Emotional sides, that's the come down.
Did you check your blood sugar after passing out?
Where you eating normally after the high wore off?

That is not serotonin syndrome, you didn't cook any brain cells luckily.
Emotional sides, that's the come down.
Did you check your blood sugar after passing out? no
Where you eating normally after the high wore off? yes

It was a roller strong coaster comedown 107 mgs 5-mapb.

No. This was my first roll since 2001. It was in April 2015, thats fourteen years between rolls.

why are you asking me all of this?

I was interested in knowing if it was just that one experience with 5-MAPB that caused the severe comedown, or if it was a period of frequent use where multiple drugs and/or more experiences with 5-MAPB added up to it.

I dosed 40 mg 5-mapb and then 2 hours later dropped 50 mg MDMA followed by 20 mg MDMA insufflated an hour after that.
I must say that I was impressed with how close 5-MAPB felt to MDMA. Not quite there, but fairly close.
My roll really took off to another level after dropping the MDMA though, and the difference between the two was noticeable.
I think the 5-mapb contributed to the whole experience mostly by extending the roll.
I did feel my heart beating faster on the 5-mapb than it does with only MDMA. I was surprised how strong only 40 mg of 5-mapb felt. It's probably about 1.5-2x as strong as MDMA.

There was no bad comedown or any bad effects in the days after this roll.

After researching the big 5-mapb thread, I was worried a bit by the reported higher cardio-toxicity of 5-mapb (as compared to MDMA).
I did feel that the 5-mapb was harder on the heart than MDMA.

In conclusion, I don't think that I'll continue using 5-mapb due to the potential cardio-toxic issues. It isn't as good as MDMA anyways, so why bother.
I'll stick to good ol' LSD + MDMA thank you very much :)

Whoa this sounds like a one way ticket into depression rebound (but it doesn't have to be, neuroscience is complex) ... how would you compare the crash/rebound from the combo and after the 1.5-2x duration to just one of the chems or maybe a slightly higher dose of them? Sometimes a little of two is more than much of one I know but would be interesting if it applies here.

I guess you could max out these serotonin releasers by adding a low strength, reversible MAOI. Sounds like serotonin syndrom I know but the compound 4,4'-dimethylaminorex did this and it was able to avoid serotonin depletion so much that I could get high 2 weeks in a row. Not full-on rolling, I never hit this level yet as I am afraid of the depression but I guess it came fairly close with next to no price.

Edit: Oh I just noticed that I have access to 5-MAPB. Will go stocking up I guess ...

Last edited: