• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

5-MAPB and MDMA Combo

I wonder if the 5mapb is helping to fill out where today's mdma is potentially lacking.

In my case, using 5-MAPB with a "medium level" batch of MDMA filled out the experience nicely.

I'm not sure if that would be the case with a totally "MehDMA" though.
I don't have a meh batch to test that with.
I would be curious to see what happens if anyone here tries 5-MAPB with a meh batch though.

I'd really like to test with Meh here soon, but I just can't risk it the next time I'm planning on using. It will likely be 7+ weeks before I can test Meh + 5-MAPB. Whether it gives magic or not would be really good information. Given, I may not be the best person to test it if my 5-MAPB isn't lovey in the first place.

I've been reading on this thread and am thinking about trying 5-MAPB with MDMA soon. I usually do 150mg of MDMA as my initial dose, with a 80mg redose.

I was thinking to start, I would do 40mg of 5-MAPB and 130mg of MDMA with a 70mg redose. Thoughts?

I've been reading on this thread and am thinking about trying 5-MAPB with MDMA soon. I usually do 150mg of MDMA as my initial dose, with a 80mg redose.

I was thinking to start, I would do 40mg of 5-MAPB and 130mg of MDMA with a 70mg redose. Thoughts?

5mapb is twice as strong so you might want to lower the mdma to at least 100mg

5mapb is twice as strong so you might want to lower the mdma to at least 100mg

Thanks for the response Jmoda. I'm trying to figure out the right formula. I'm going to wait until I feel the effects of the 5-MAPB since its my first time taking it. I saw G Chem's formula so maybe I'll at most do 120mg of MDMA.

Thanks for the response Jmoda. I'm trying to figure out the right formula. I'm going to wait until I feel the effects of the 5-MAPB since its my first time taking it. I saw G Chem's formula so maybe I'll at most do 120mg of MDMA.

Hey man,

I saw your DM but figured I’d respond here for others to see too if that’s cool :)

I’d suggest your first experience with the 5-MAPB be by itself so you can judge the quality of the batch you got. Unless you’re pretty burnt out from MDMA use, 80-100mg (I split mine into two 45mg doses an hour apart) is a very strong experience. And it’s a worthy experience to try alone first cuz many feel like it’s their first roll all over again!

If/when combining I’d personally stick with the 40mg 5-MAPB, 120mg MDMA, 40-60mg MDMA regimen to start. You may want to push it later but based on your typical MDMA dosages I don’t think it’ll disappoint. That said your proposed dosage increases probably won’t be too much an issue either.

Definitely try the 5-MAPB first though cuz I think you’ll be surprised at how potent it truly is.

-GC

Hey man,

I saw your DM but figured I’d respond here for others to see too if that’s cool :)

I’d suggest your first experience with the 5-MAPB be by itself so you can judge the quality of the batch you got. Unless you’re pretty burnt out from MDMA use, 80-100mg (I split mine into two 45mg doses an hour apart) is a very strong experience. And it’s a worthy experience to try alone first cuz many feel like it’s their first roll all over again!

If/when combining I’d personally stick with the 40mg 5-MAPB, 120mg MDMA, 40-60mg MDMA regimen to start. You may want to push it later but based on your typical MDMA dosages I don’t think it’ll disappoint. That said your proposed dosage increases probably won’t be too much an issue either.

Definitely try the 5-MAPB first though cuz I think you’ll be surprised at how potent it truly is.

-GC

Thanks G-Chem. I agree I need to "see" what 5-MAPB is about before I combine the two. I was thinking I'll start out with 45mg like you have suggested, and take another 45mg of 5-MAPB an hour later depending how I am feeling, or the 120mg of MDMA depending as well.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Hey friends,

I have some bad news. It's mixed. I did 50mg of 5-MAPB for the first time, and after an hour and half or so I wasn't rolling too hard so I decided to take 120mg of MDMA, and then a few hours later I took 60mg of MDMA. I rolled amazingly for 6 hours roughly. It was a great time. But my mistake I believe was taking the last 40mg of 5-MAPB, (I get taking a 4th dose of anything is a super awful decision).

I've had a comedown for 3 days, which is the worst comedown I've had in years.

I've taken MDMA separately for ages and never had a 3 day comedown. I'm sure it's from mixing all of these substances. I also took 120mg of Ketamine that night as well and K-Holed, maybe that has something to deal with it.

I'm going to be way more careful in the future with mixing substances. I can say this is not for me, not sure why I had such a bad reaction. I'll be doing them alone from now on. Even though the substances did do what I thought they would, the comedown of anxiety and sadness has not been worth it whatsoever.

Also, I strongly advise against others taking more than 3 doses of anything in a night. I'm sure this might be common sense to some, but I feel the need to say it. I liked 5-MAPB enough on it's own so I think I'll be doing it separate from on out and lowering my dosages of course.

Yup that redose definitely did you in, this substance doesn’t play for sure. Really hope things get better soon :( But ya pretty much everyone who’s had bad experiences with 5-MAPB redosed often much later. With this one you wanna redose at most an hour later, and definitely no redoses at all with this particular combo.

How long into the experience did you redose? Towards the end?

That’s a fair amount of K too unless you got a bit of tolerance. I wonder if that may be playing a role.

Good warning regardless though, I highly suggest folks don’t redose more 5-MAPB with this combo too.

-Gc

Honestly I'm already 99% there, just a bit cloudy headed today. I've been through way worse comedowns though so this isn't that bad. Just gonna take a bit of a break, maybe half a year or more and be way safer in the future.

I redosed at the very end, so 6 hours after my initial dose. I strongly don't recommend that for anyone.

It seems like 5-MAPB is best done with one initial dose, or maybe even a small (20 - 30mg) redose at best.

I feel the need to write about these two. Over the years I feel I’ve been perfecting this combo, and have seen it do wonders time and again.

The thing about this combo is that it seems to so reliably induce therapeutic experiences. MDMA is amazing but I feel it’s more hit or miss when it comes to emotional/spiritual growth.

Now my story with 5-MAPB starts in 2014 I believe.. I was never much on RC’s, only trying a few that were seemed to be greatly enjoyed by others. At this point I think I had only tried Bk-MDMA, 2c-e, and 25c-nbome.

I had always been curious about the APB class but because of the problems with sourcing the correct product never sought the non-methylated versions out.

That was until I read the initial reports about 5-mapb on erowid. I was hooked immediately, never had I read reports so consistently remarking just how similar (if not better) it was to mdma.

I looked and happened to find a few vendors and decided to go for it. Looking back I got lucky as hell because finding pure 5-mapb is not easy I know now.

To make a long story short, my first experience with it was everything I read on erowid and then some. I began diving majorly into researching this beautiful drug, I realized different batches existed. I bought from another vendor and got a batch that even at x5 the dose couldn’t reach even 10% of the first batch.

Time went on and I had experiences with it that blew my mind. I watched one guy begin seriously practicing a certain spiritual healing practice days after his first experience. I watched couples fall back in love after being on the ropes. I myself had facilitated a beautiful goodbye from a long term partner using it. The amount of good it brought to peoples lives was breath taking.

I began experimenting with combining MDMA and soon realized I was on to something big. My first time trying the combo I went light, 20mg 5-MAPB (a good dose when pure) and 60mg MDMA booster. That night was absolutely amazing and the next weeks were glowing. Right as it hit I remember the sun glowing through the trees and feeling such a gratitude for life in those moments, my festival neighbors got a bit weirded out as I was just loving life haha.

So to finally get to the combo... 5-MAPB seems to bring in more of serotonin/oxytocin side of things. While not really too stimulating, it can be a bit but if your really tired don’t expect to be jumping around. It’s very long lasting, Typically taking 2 hours to really get going and lasting for 8-10hours.

The MDMA brings the intensity, the peak and dopamine/stimulant aspect. Obviously lasting 4-6 hours.

I’ve found amazing success by taking 20-60mg 5-mapb, waiting 1 hour then taking 90-120mg MDMA, waiting another 60-90min then another 40-60mg MDMA.

The two seem to cover each other’s weak points beautifully.. The whole experience lasts 1.5-2x longer. But the reliability of the experience is just awesome.. Takes the love one feels on MDMA to another level.

Not too many people have access to 5-mapb these days and I only have like a gram left so I try my best to share with those that seem to need it. I’ve yet to have a single person ever say anything bad about the drug (unless it was the impure batch, which I purified, yet to try it out though.)

Recently I gave a couple I’m close to 30mg 5-mapb, 120mg mdma, and 60mg mdma. The girl was able to finally speak about rape trauma she had been hiding deep inside for years, and the guy too really opened up about his past abuse too.

It was such a beautiful moment and a reminder just how powerful this medicine is. For me personally it allows me to really hold space for people as well when they are reliving something traumatic or in some way growing as a person.

Also the combo at the dosages outlined give an afterglow like you’ve never felt before. I believe it is this that helps solidify the lessons learned during the experience. It’s hard to love life again when you get plunged into depression afterwards.

For anyone reading this, if you can ever get your hands on PURE 5-MAPB (purity is huge) I suggest doing anything you can to get it. If any chemists are reading this, get cooking ;) we could use more of this stuff in the world.

I’ll finish with a warning.. 5-MAPB is very unforgiving stuff. It can be life changingly beautiful, but you can’t take too much or else risk frying yourself. I think this is partly why it got a bad rep, if pure never take over 100-120mg IN A NIGHT. It’s very powerful shit.

-GC
Long time lurker, first time posting. I thought I would share my experience with mixing the two last night. I have several individual sessions with the peebs under my belt, and an extensive history with mdma over the past 25 years. My first time experimenting with peebs was 75mg oral, and my typical mdma dose is in the 120-200 range, depending on the purpose and setting.
last night I plugged 40mg 5-mapb, and set a timer for 30 minutes to plug 110 mg mdma. Surprisingly, within 15 minutes I was feeling the peebs more than I had with the 75mg taken orally. Since it felt like I was already up, I plugged the mdma diluted in .5ml distilled water. Within 10 minutes I was peaking pretty hard, honestly more than I would have liked. On the one hand it was enjoyable. I like the closed eyes sedated feeling with the peebs and the M definitely added to that. But it was a little over stimulating at times which I never really experienced with the two individually. Another thing I noticed was that I could slip in and out of feeling anxious throughout the roll. Again, when taken individually, particularly with the M, it is nearly impossible for me to get stuck in my head thinking I wish I could turn it off. It was not overwhelming to the point where I was hating it but it was uncomfortable at times, mostly during the peak. I should note, this was my first time attempting a rectal ROA. I have some digestive issues, and while I did not feel any nausea whatsoever, I think I prefer the gradual onset over the almost immediate peak that came from plugging.
additionally, it felt like the two were wrestling each other at times throughout the night. For example, feeling the desire to lay down on a fuzzy blanket, light some incense and just zone out, but then feeling fidgety and awkward if I wasn’t up and moving around. That cycle repeated itself throughout the night but not in the fun “I want to experience everything” feeling I get from the M by itself.
Im not sure if it was the quick intensity that made me paranoid, or if it was more taxing on my heart but I did notice myself feeling my chest in the first hour or so because it was so intense.
Finally, Ive seen several people say the combo was more predictable and consistent. Personally, it was the opposite for me. Typically I stock up and have vials labeled where I’m can predict the flow of the night and what kind of vibe we’ll have. With the combo, I started at 5:30, was laying in bed by 10:30, took .25mg of Xanax, and fell asleep around midnight. Around 2:30 I woke up to a stimulating wave of rolliness. This lasted about 15-20 minutes or so but then I was up until around 4am.
Perhaps the issues and uncomfortable feelings were more pronounced because this was a solo night? I would consider myself a responsible user. Aside from weed and beer, I only use entactogens 3-4 times a year and maybe 2cb 1-2 a year. So I doubt any of the issues came from past use or frequency of use. Im interested in hearing your insight. I should add, it’s 3pm the following day now and I feel next to no residual effects from the previous night, which is typical, in my experience, with peebs. M by itself on the other hand, I am usually on the couch just lounging all day. That is definitely one of the benefits of the combo. Perhaps I simply need to lower the M dose, or wait longer for the peebs to kick in before the dose of M. @G_Chem.

Last edited:
@one4truth nice post, welcome to BL

You may consider formatting it as a trip report and posting it in that forum as well.

This is the type of esoteric information/combinations that we love to read about.

Long time lurker, first time posting. I thought I would share my experience with mixing the two last night. I have several individual sessions with the peebs under my belt, and an extensive history with mdma over the past 25 years. My first time experimenting with peebs was 75mg oral, and my typical mdma dose is in the 120-200 range, depending on the purpose and setting.
last night I plugged 40mg 5-mapb, and set a timer for 30 minutes to plug 110 mg mdma. Surprisingly, within 15 minutes I was feeling the peebs more than I had with the 75mg taken orally. Since it felt like I was already up, I plugged the mdma diluted in .5ml distilled water. Within 10 minutes I was peaking pretty hard, honestly more than I would have liked. On the one hand it was enjoyable. I like the closed eyes sedated feeling with the peebs and the M definitely added to that. But it was a little over stimulating at times which I never really experienced with the two individually. Another thing I noticed was that I could slip in and out of feeling anxious throughout the roll. Again, when taken individually, particularly with the M, it is nearly impossible for me to get stuck in my head thinking I wish I could turn it off. It was not overwhelming to the point where I was hating it but it was uncomfortable at times, mostly during the peak. I should note, this was my first time attempting a rectal ROA. I have some digestive issues, and while I did not feel any nausea whatsoever, I think I prefer the gradual onset over the almost immediate peak that came from plugging.
additionally, it felt like the two were wrestling each other at times throughout the night. For example, feeling the desire to lay down on a fuzzy blanket, light some incense and just zone out, but then feeling fidgety and awkward if I wasn’t up and moving around. That cycle repeated itself throughout the night but not in the fun “I want to experience everything” feeling I get from the M by itself.
Im not sure if it was the quick intensity that made me paranoid, or if it was more taxing on my heart but I did notice myself feeling my chest in the first hour or so because it was so intense.
Finally, Ive seen several people say the combo was more predictable and consistent. Personally, it was the opposite for me. Typically I stock up and have vials labeled where I’m can predict the flow of the night and what kind of vibe we’ll have. With the combo, I started at 5:30, was laying in bed by 10:30, took .25mg of Xanax, and fell asleep around midnight. Around 2:30 I woke up to a stimulating wave of rolliness. This lasted about 15-20 minutes or so but then I was up until around 4am.
Perhaps the issues and uncomfortable feelings were more pronounced because this was a solo night? I would consider myself a responsible user. Aside from weed and beer, I only use entactogens 3-4 times a year and maybe 2cb 1-2 a year. So I doubt any of the issues came from past use or frequency of use. Im interested in hearing your insight. I should add, it’s 3pm the following day now and I feel next to no residual effects from the previous night, which is typical, in my experience, with peebs. M by itself on the other hand, I am usually on the couch just lounging all day. That is definitely one of the benefits of the combo. Perhaps I simply need to lower the M dose, or wait longer for the peebs to kick in before the dose of M. @G_Chem.

Apologies for the delayed response.

So I think your experience was in the fact you took it rectal. As you said it felt stronger than 75mg oral, which I fully believe.

Unlike MDMA, 5-MAPB is VERY potentiated by snorting route. Many of the negative early experiences involved snorting, and when people got impure batches that did nothing orally, snorted still worked.

What I’m getting at, is that I often consider rectal to be somewhat like a mix of oral and snorted, some still hits first pass metabolism but a fair amount bypasses it.

Ive only ever taken 5-MAPB orally for this reason. It’s the most predictable with the least amount of negative reactions.

Then 110mg MDMA rectal is a big dose too. I think it was just a matter of too much.

The combo orally is definitely more predictable and steady from my experience, my latest experience in June was more of the same :)

I love my confidence on the combo too, unlike either alone.

-GC

45mg of good MDMA is more than enough for me when plugged. I can't even imagine 110mg MDMA plugged, let alone mixed with 5-MAPB!

I rarely post around here because I am in learning and observation mode 95% of the time, but I wanted to post my experience with this combo.

I went to see RL Grime in Vegas last weekend and myself and 2 others took 40mg 5-MAPB, an hour later took 125mg MDMA, and an hour after that took 60mg MDMA. I was felt pretty good after the first hour of 5-MAPB, but damn the molly hit us pretty hard. Crazy eye wiggles and good vibes for hours and hours. Felt pretty magical. MDMA hit around 130am and we still had really a good buzzing feeling around 530am.

I have not taken this batch of MDMA by itself. Got it from a DNM, and vendor claimed it is from his normal Netherlands group, supposedly made from safrole. I obviously can’t comment whether it’s really good or not, or if the 5-MAPB really helped it be better than alone. It did turn a good purple under marquis before getting darker over the next couple minutes if that matters at all.

I don’t know if I want to try MDMA alone again lol. Thanks for the advice on this combo @G_Chem !

So I think your experience was in the fact you took it rectal. As you said it felt stronger than 75mg oral, which I fully believe.

Unlike MDMA, 5-MAPB is VERY potentiated by snorting route. Many of the negative early experiences involved snorting, and when people got impure batches that did nothing orally, snorted still worked.
I'm curious why you say "unlike MDMA". Some of my most intense rolls were from snorting MDMA. It burns worse than most drugs and will eat through your skin quickly but I've never heard of people not being blown away by insufflated MDMA.

I'm curious why you say "unlike MDMA". Some of my most intense rolls were from snorting MDMA. It burns worse than most drugs and will eat through your skin quickly but I've never heard of people not being blown away by insufflated MDMA.

I meant, that while snorting MDMA is more intense obviously than oral, it’s nowhere near the magnitude of potentiation we see with 5-mapb when comparing the different routes. Just poorly worded.

MDMA snorted dosages are like 1/4 of oral, whereas with 5-MAPB it seems MUCH more potent than that when snorted, maybe 1/10th the oral dose.

That’s based purely on research though, I haven’t snorted peebs myself.. Snorted plenty of MDMA though, and I like oral a lot more.

-GC

What I’m getting at, is that I often consider rectal to be somewhat like a mix of oral and snorted, some still hits first pass metabolism but a fair amount bypasses it.

Ive only ever taken 5-MAPB orally for this reason. It’s the most predictable with the least amount of negative reactions.

Then 110mg MDMA rectal is a big dose too. I think it was just a matter of too much.

The combo orally is definitely more predictable and steady from my experience, my latest experience in June was more of the same :)

I love my confidence on the combo too, unlike either alone.

-GC
Thinking of circling back to try this combo again, with a little change. I’m thinking 45mg 5mapb hcl powder, 125 mdma, and then 12mg 2cb in place of the m redose (all oral). Any thoughts on this? Have you ever thrown any 2cb in the end for a pseudo nexus flip?

Thinking of circling back to try this combo again, with a little change. I’m thinking 45mg 5mapb hcl powder, 125 mdma, and then 12mg 2cb in place of the m redose (all oral). Any thoughts on this? Have you ever thrown any 2cb in the end for a pseudo nexus flip?
Depends on tolerance and what risks you're willing to risk.

I did 20 mgs 5 mapband felt it well. Wore off in maybe seven hour s but entacogenic experience was there. Before that it was 5 months before I did 6 apb at 65 mgs so tolerance was low, how I like it.

If you're dosing any and or all psychedelic s and or entacogen s twice or three times a year moderate doses , to me it appears it's too heavy serotonin release from entacogens. I could be wrong but I tend to be sensitive to entacogens. Ymmv

Recently, dosed low dosed chemical s I tend to seem to favor, two weeks apart.

I've tried sub 4 psychedelic s , about 10 trips in five years, and some combos, like two hours in I'd add in 5 mapb , in trip 7,8, and ,,9 and that's seem to make experience more pleasant but again, I could be wrong but I've come to the conclusion that most psychedelics, and my genes don't seem to really benefit me much, and the more entacogen feeling goes well with my genes. Just a hunch from experience.

Of course they all have to be respected I have three super low, depressed, mega emotional stories, crying , dizzy, felt like I was in the pits of hell, 2000, 2015, and , 2017 where I was like that days and up to ten , eleven days afterwards. From my research it seems to be serotonin syndrome as I was lectured on it, and have seemed to have all the symptoms. Moreover there's a guy earlier in this thread who says it's not . That's the logical explanation I've come to.

When I was 14 my parents sent me to a psychiatrist that put me on four different meds , and that was another time I can compare where I felt like this. Was pure hell and made my life drastically worst. I've always been a happy bright kid and now at fourteen crying in my room, sex drive gone, and everyone knows at fourteen sex drive is sky high, at least mine was This may also be why my brain enjoy certain compounds bc I was subject to a serotonin feeling at a young age.

Last edited: