View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Blindness/Vision Problems & Psychedelics Thread

its ejay

Bluelighter
i know this may sound stupid but if a blind person takes acid will they trip? i was thinking of this the other day when i was frying on 3 hits hehe
biggrin.gif

------------------
Peace and beatz,
-ejay

mod's note: merged thread

Last edited by a moderator:
can they have closed eye visuals? They are blined? Hmm makes me wanna dose the blind guy at the nursing home. j/k

Would they trip?
Of course!
Would they have CEVs?
It would seem so, I don't know why there aren't any reports of this, but I imagine they would trip. Given acid fires the receptors which are attached to our eyes, so it wouldn't matter if the blind person's eyes were damaged, they should still have CEVs. But if they're blind because their receptors are damaged, then possibly not.

As far as tripping goes, they WOULD experience the other effects beyond the visuals. As far as CEVs go, I am guessing it would depend on what sort of blindness. If the damage is to the part of the brain that processes visual imagery then no they probably wouldn't.
Also, my guess is that a lot of the imagery we experience with eyes closed on acid is based on things we've seen before. If someone has been blind their entire life then this will be missing but if they were blinded later then they might still have this kind of recall.
Something that might be interesting is the extent to which their consciousness WOULD be shifted because I imagine that a great deal of the trip is caused by the shock to the senses from the new visual perception.
Anyways, I guess the only way to know is to give acid to some blind folks and find out what happens.
Pure
------------------
What is freedom? I don't know anymore. Its something so far removed from anything I've ever experienced that I'm not sure I can even comprehend it. Make Freedom A Reality
http://www2.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum31/HTML/000557.html?reload=0

Man, this question pops up every other month or so...
I don't think a person who was blind from birth would have any visual component to their trip--their whole visual apparatus would be inert. People blind from birth don't even see in their dreams...other sensations are dreamt about, though.

yeah but what if they werent blind from birth? maybe if they got in a accident or sumtin?
------------------
Peace and beatz,
-ejay

I personally don't take acid or boomers for the visuals. It's for the body, mind, and soul. Probably half the times I've dosed i never seen visuals, that doesn't mean I didn't trip.

acid plays around with ALL five of your senses, not just your vision. of course a blind person would trip!

Personally I find the hallucinatory effects to be the least important (although they are fun, I'm not saying they aren't). Psychologically is what I like the most and blind people would definitely experience that just as well as other people do. Makes me wonder if the lack of normal visuals would make them focus more on what's going on inside their mind.

i have been blind from birth in my left eye, and i can tell you for sure that a blind person will not see visuals. the operative word here, people, is "visual." visual means seeing, blind means no seeing, got it?
------------------
I am a drug. Take me.
--Salvador Dali

If a person is blind from birth the visual cortex atrophies….and no….they do not “see” any visuals or cev’s. If they shot their eyes out with a BB gun at Christmas, they still might trip. Either way the drug will effect their perception. But drugs cant make the blind see. Unless the blind could see before.

Well the dude asked if a blind person would trip. And in my book, visuals have nothing to do with tripping. It's like the icing on the cake. If the cake has no icing, it's still a cake. yummmmmy caaaake =0***

there has been much discussion in the past about whether or not blind people can dream, ferinstance hellen keller, who went blind at (i think) 9 months or so claimed to have dreams of 'ineffable beauty'. there is also evidence that people who were blind from birth dream about touch, smell, and taste sensations.
from this i will draw two unscientific opinions:
1. someone who is not blind from birth may well have hallucinations, and
2. people who are blind from birth may have hallucinations as well, but more along the lines of auditory or tactile sensations.

There was some blind d00d posting to A.D.P. a while back. He was blind from birth, I believe. He reported no visual hallucinations, but sort of tactile "trails".
Ebola
np: Thine Eyes

But what if your case of blindness is mental? Wouldn't doing acid bring recovery?
I'm sure there's got to be a study of a blind person who dropped acid SOMEWHERE on the net. Why not find out the truth instead of speculate?