• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Blindness/Vision Problems & Psychedelics Thread

uhm....very interesting i would expect their to be some signs of visual changes in blind primates as the above states. Also Lizard about the lyceum blind guy shroom report, I didn't mean to be an asshole about it, its just you'd expect a blind person taking a hallucinagen to be more graphic about his unique observations in this state. and i saw alot of red flags in it, The kind of stuff you here inexpierenced people say about what happened to their friend when they were tripping. especialy the statement about how "its a good way to take a trip without ever leaving your home" which is straight out of A Brave New World. anyway onto the topic at hand i think using blind people in experimentation with psychedelics could give us alot of new info on visual/brain/psychedelic connections as well a meaningful expierence mentaly and visualy for the blind.

Its all good man. I don't know that the report is real, but then again I don't know that its NOT real either. I just got a lil ticked that you rejected it offhad because it didn't fit your assumptions. That's bad science; trying to warp the data to fit your hypothesis.
BTW, did you know that when blind people dream, they don't see anything? They dream in four senses rather than five. (link)

"I have been totally blind since birth and about a week ago I tried shrooms
for the first time. I read all I could about them from hyperreal and a.d.p
and a friend said it would be interesting to see what it would do to me."
How did this person read hyperreal and a.d.p???
LMAO

Hey JB, you do not understand blindness. If somebody is blind they do NOT see the same thing that we do with our eyes closed. We are seeing the back of our eyelids. A blind person does not see ANYTHING. A deaf person does not here silence, rather they do not hear at all, there is a difference. A blind person does not see a blank space, they have no sense of sight, again a difference.

A person born blind would not be able to see a thing. Due to the fact that the person would've never seen anything, therefore he would have no conception of anything like colors, lines, shades, forms, etc. You see, when we (people who can see) have visuals, they are still based on our memory of what exactly our dimensions consist of. We've seen lines before, we've seen colors, we've seen 3d shapes, we've seen everything we need to have seen to come up with the visuals. Its impossible for someone to invent something out of their own mind that they've never ever seen before, or had the dimensional basis to see before.
For example, you can draw things in 3d, because we live in a 3 dimensional world. But, could you draw things in a 4th or 5th dimension? No, because your mind has never seen anything like it, so it wouldn't be able to process it.
But, if its a person who isn't born blind, but became blind in later life, he would be able to see visuals, or either that, or he would experience very vivid and alive imaganiations, because someone who has seen anything before, knows what a line is, what colors are, and so forth. Everything that takes place in the mind is based off of memory some way or another, even the simplest of things, like lines.
[ 29 November 2002: Message edited by: Drugpert ]

blindness and psychedelics

hello
anyone has heard of blind people taking psychedelics?
if the blindness is due to an eye problem whereas the drugs acts on the brain, maybe there would be a chance of visuals!

I am color blind, and when I take LSD I have vivid colorations that I normally do not perceive as I do while on LSD...

but Mushrooms do not have that same effect... but this isn't the kind of blindness you are reffering, however, I thought I'd add my input on that aspect...

wow... id love to know the answer to this tho... i would definately trip with a blind person just to hear their trip report and discuss ANYThinG about life with them

it's really funny because this is a question that I want to figure out for a long time. Sometimes when I nourish my body with psychoactive contents, it is just flowing in my head like running basketballs and I want to now this. So it's a good and interesting question. Thank you

I am fairly sure this been discussed on the board before and I seem to recall that they will get CEV's while on psychedelics. Do not quote me on that though.

There was an anecdotal report on another forum I read concerning AMT and blindness. The person was completely bind in his left eye, and when tripping AMT was able to see clearly out of it. It's a private forum though, so I can't give the link.

^^
fragbait, if you can't give a link, maybe quote some things or give some more info on the subject, i'm interested in seeing more about this.;)

Would you give me that site of the half blind person, thanks. But I'm more interested in someone with no sight at all, than someone who's partially blind. i'm interested in seeing more about this.

Last edited:
I seem to recall that they will get CEV's while on psychedelics
that would be so wonderful. to have the possibility to grant beautiful visuals again to a blind person!
let's dream : they could maybe even be prescribed legally to them! (thus beginning to recognize their utility)

The site is forums.somethingawful.com

The post cropped up right after they introduced a drug forum to it, and I don't frequent there anymore as the quality of the posts had downgraded to an unbearable level. It costs 10 bucks for a lifetime membership, and the humor in the other forums is pretty good, if you're sick and twisted.

I'll try to find the original post, but it's been about a year.

Edit: Unforunately I can't find it. The search is broken when I try to look for old stuff. It may have been purged, as well.

Last edited:
Deaf cousin on acid

This isnt directly related but I'll post anyway. I have a cousin who is completely deaf due to a childhood accident. She told me though that when she took lsd a couple times that she could hear strange things. I wonder what other deaf people's reactions are to these kinds of drugs.

It isn't directly related, but it's interesting, so thanks for your post. I had/have a deaf friend and we told him about DiPT, but he wasn't really responding to it. Once more I ask anyone how knows a blind man (with both eyes) that has experience visions are patterns ore other visual experiences. Thanks

It seems as if it would really depend on the cause of the blindness. If one has been blind since birth, the visual area of the brain is usually taken over by other functions. If one is blind because of an accident, this doesn't usually happen. I'd guess that those with a visual cortex would still be capable of experience CEV's and other phenemona such as DMT worlds.

thanks, you really helped me with this info. but you also geussed it and I want to know for sure, but thanks anyway.

Last edited: